Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• tartofmidlothian

• The Internet

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Hibs trying to recreate the glory days of their 04/05 team. Should be throwing as much money as they can at Scott Brown tbh. 

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Just heard Hibs in for Steven Fletcher, knowing that we tried last year and failed, they just might pull that off.

We tried for Fletcher ?

From memory Levein and Fletcher had a pretty public fallout 6 or 7 years ago so I’d be surprised if we did.

50 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We tried for Fletcher ?

From memory Levein and Fletcher had a pretty public fallout 6 or 7 years ago so I’d be surprised if we did.

We did indeed 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We tried for Fletcher ?

Yes we did and I said it last Jan as well - and was ridiculed then too, **** sake this place is murder at being accused of talking balls when on adding what has been heard on the grapevine.

I will cease to say anything in future about any transfers I get snippets about.

HamishMcGonagall

Dominic Solanke to Bournemouth for £19million.... NINETEEN MILLION for a guy who has 1 EPL goal in 21 appearances.  Granted he's young and a lot of those appearances were from the bench but yet another example of the ridiculously inflated fees players go for in the EPL, English players especially.

3 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Dominic Solanke to Bournemouth for £19million.... NINETEEN MILLION for a guy who has 1 EPL goal in 21 appearances.  Granted he's young and a lot of those appearances were from the bench but yet another example of the ridiculously inflated fees players go for in the EPL, English players especially.

Wilson to Chelski?

4 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

So he’s not coming here on loan then ?

22 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You know it’s true 

We don't know though.

He has not had any great success for a few seasons now.

4 years ago you would have said it's true.

Still I understand it is a signing to get excited about but not garanteed to be a success.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Thought he was going to Rangers? Surely their war chest would stretch to 19.01m no problem. :whistling:

Let's be clear, these days their top signings are guys snapped up from Scottish competitors. Ten or twenty years ago guys like Jones and Kamara would be there to warm the bench and bulk out the League Cup squad.

10 hours ago, Barack said:

Steven Fletcher: Who's played in at least 8 of the last 10 matches, & is under contract until 2020? From Sheffield Wednesday?

Or Steven Fletcher:  (43,)From Inter MaGran, who's scored 18 goals, in the SoccerSixes League?

...........and who has just been recalled to the national team, which in turn would probably increase his profile and earning potential ?

That Stephen Fletcher ??

On 03/01/2019 at 19:25, sadj said:

Agreed I can’t see how they’d fit in the team together. If Morelos is still there. 

Mibbie der hun had committed themselves to Defoe before the Compliance Officer had his spine removed ??

Never Let Them Forget
10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Oli Burke joins the tims on loan for the rest of the season 

Strange signing apart from Nottingham Forest he’s failed everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Oli Burke joins the tims on loan for the rest of the season 

Can’t cut it at championship West Brom hardly a statement of intent 

Unknown user
23 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Just heard Hibs in for Steven Fletcher, knowing that we tried last year and failed, they just might pull that off.

As usual, I'd just like to remind the board that Steven Fletcher's a brutal human being. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/shameless-football-star-steven-fletcher-3037942

jamboinglasgow

there is a great player in Burke, he has been messed around of late, particularly at West Brom. However he needs to take his chance with Celtic otherwise he will be consigned to the scrap heap.

Well officially have McCormack back , should be a good signing alongside Main

Edited by sadj

The Internet

This is a huge chance for Burke. Has gone for insane money on the back of about 10 good games in his career but Celtic is probably the perfect fit for him if he is to get back on track. 

Just now, VALDOS said:

Jones and Kamara both sign 4 year deals, big loss for Dundee and Killie.

Summer losses or now? 

1 minute ago, bajthejambo said:

Jones tweet is surely angling to push an immediate transfer through?

Originally signed in 2016 from Middlesbrough, Jones has gone on to establish himself as one of the top wingers in the Scottish Premiership, scoring nine goals and providing 22 assists in 108 games.

Is it me or that a poor return? 

KyleLafferty

I actually don’t think they are good signings for a team challenging Celtic? Not one would get a game for Celtic for a start. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Latest one

Needs to just keep his gob shut. Does no-one advise these young guys about social media?

Thought Police

Pre-contracts are horrible things. What is Kamara’s motivation to keep Dundee up, knowing he is moving on to better things?

Even from our own point of view, I’m not sure Teplice fans will have been very keen on how much Vanacek has posted about Hearts for the past 4 months.

Jordan Jones was giving it the WATP chat on his twitter account. For that reason alone, I would either sell him this window or not play him again this season. 

2 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Jordan Jones was giving it the WATP chat on his twitter account. For that reason alone, I would either sell him this window or not play him again this season. 

That was the tweet I was referring to. Shocking behaviour from a player still under contract at another club.

Glen Kamara. Pointless signing. Rangers already have Jason Holt, Greg Docherty, Graham Dorrans, Scott Arfield, Ross McCrorie, Steven Davis reported to be close to signing, Ryan Jack. Where does Kamara fit in to all of this. 

Captain Bubblebeard
3 hours ago, franko1874 said:

Mccormack to Motherwell confirmed, loan deal 

Potential to be the signing of the window if he is fit and motivated?

7 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Potential to be the signing of the window if he is fit and motivated?

Definitely but like you say, only if his attitude is correct and he turns up for training 

25 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Pre-contracts are horrible things. What is Kamara’s motivation to keep Dundee up, knowing he is moving on to better things?

Even from our own point of view, I’m not sure Teplice fans will have been very keen on how much Vanacek has posted about Hearts for the past 4 months.

If I'm not mistaken, Uche got a bit of heat from Cambridge fans when he announced his pre contract with us and he only had a few games to go as opposed to half a season like Kamara and Jones

21 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Glen Kamara. Pointless signing. Rangers already have Jason Holt, Greg Docherty, Graham Dorrans, Scott Arfield, Ross McCrorie, Steven Davis reported to be close to signing, Ryan Jack. Where does Kamara fit in to all of this. 

Holt and Doherty are obviously not in the plans. Dorrans has barely played because of injury and McCrorie is being used in midfield because they don't have anyone better at the moment so I imagine he fits in somewhere.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Holt and Doherty are obviously not in the plans. Dorrans has barely played because of injury and McCrorie is being used in midfield because they don't have anyone better at the moment so I imagine he fits in somewhere.

McCorie is DM, Gerrard really rates him so I would not be too quick to dismiss him. Docherty is a bizarre one, is doing really well on loan at League one but would agree signing another midfielder doesn't suggest he is not in the long term fans (would take him at Hearts.)

Can't say I really noticed Doherty at Hamilton and I thought he looked rubbish for Rangers. Might be better than I think though but I can't imagine he'll turn it around at Rangers.

Edited by RudiHMFC