Non-Hearts Transfer Window Thread

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

If Defoe goes to them then they will win the league. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

A great signing for them 

would walk into any other team in league up here 

4 goals in 26 games last season albeit EPL

See how it goes against lower standard though different 

Will they play 2 up front? 

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• tartofmidlothian

• The Internet

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Disagree. Lawell will open the cheque book and they can easily outspend Rangers. 

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great finisher. He will score a good few.

I can't say anything bad about him after the way he befriended poor wee Bradley Lowery. 

If he joins Rangers then I'm sure you'll manage it.

Adam Hammill has left St Mirren for Scunthorpe.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Disagree. Lawell will open the cheque book and they can easily outspend Rangers. 

This, a tactical error from the hun here I think - if this had been a deadline day signing celtic wouldn't have had time to react

16 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I predict that Defoe will scoring 4 or 5 by the end of Jan , they then sell Morelos to balance the books and Defoe only gets another 3 by the end of the season as they finish 3rd, behind us and Celtic!

17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

That’s a very good signing for Rangers, if he manages to hit the ground running. 

But hes about 49 and hasn’t played a game since last season. So who knows. 

I predict he'll be added to the massive list of big name EPL players who come up here for what they think will be one last big pay-off and easy Saturdays spent running rings around snail-like, club footed Scottish defenders but who get a rude awakening and scurry back pronto before they lose any more face.

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I predict that Defoe will scoring 4 or 5 by the end of Jan , they then sell Morelos to balance the books and Defoe only gets another 3 by the end of the season as they finish 3rd, behind us and Celtic!

Hopefully injured in his first game. 

Jambo 4 Ever
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

4 goals in 26 games last season albeit EPL

See how it goes against lower standard though different 

Will they play 2 up front? 

Better than anything we have that’s for sure 

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lafferty to Peterborough?

different lafferty, daniel lafferty from sheffield utd has signed for peterborough

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Better than anything we have that’s for sure 

Thought Kamberi looked decent enough.

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hopefully injured in his first game. 

:lol: That’s the spirit, Mikey! :lol: 

Just now, Morgan said:

Since its you I will say he's a good guy and I wish him well in his career hopefully as a manager/ coach

Hopefully be in a job in England by March. After that injury!

44 minutes ago, Darren said:

Adam Hammill has left St Mirren for Scunthorpe.

Wish he'd ****ed off a couple of months earlier.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lafferty to Peterborough?

I can see Laff moving abroad. Was there talk of offers from USA earlier on in the season? 

6 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Wish he'd ****ed off a couple of months earlier.

Yep

scored 3? Goals 

2 of them goal of the season winning calibre 

all against Edinburgh.

st Mirren already having an a big clear out

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Since its you I will say he's a good guy and I wish him well in his career hopefully as a manager/ coach

:robbo:

2 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

I can see Laff moving abroad. Was there talk of offers from USA earlier on in the season? 

I think it's a different Lafferty from 'our' one.

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You know it’s true 

Yes

We should have spent the £19 million for the stand on players. 

1 hour ago, MrB1to4 said:

He was certainly hoping for one , thought it a good place to bring up kids. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Is he really that good a signing? From past experience we have to assume it’ll be hit or miss. Might depend on his attitude as much as anything. Similar style player to Morelos so will he be behind Morelos in the pecking order , replacement or play alongside? ?

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is he really that good a signing? From past experience we have to assume it’ll be hit or miss. Might depend on his attitude as much as anything. Similar style player to Morelos so will he be behind Morelos in the pecking order , replacement or play alongside? ?

I don’t think Morelos will even still be there when/if Defoe arrives, sadj. Plus, even if he were, I don’t reckon they could play in the same side. Could be wrong on both counts mind. :) 

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I don’t think Morelos will even still be there when/if Defoe arrives, sadj. Plus, even if he were, I don’t reckon they could play in the same side. Could be wrong on both counts mind. :) 

That was my thought too. SG doesn't seem to play with 2 upfront. Defoe seems a like for like replacement only won't miss tap ins from 3 yards out (sometimes less)

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Agreed I can’t see how they’d fit in the team together. If Morelos is still there. 

Carl Fredrickson

Defoe banged on a fair few goals for a struggling Sunderland team that hardly created any chances. He works his socks off and is an example to others. 

His finishing is second to none and I think he will be their main striker - even at his age. I mind him being loaned out by West Ham (?) to Bournemouth years ago when the Cherries were in the lower leagues. IIRC he broke goalscoring records as a youngster, on loan at a struggling team. His goals per game ratio is bound to be very good and his move from Sunderland to Bournemouth has seem his struggle with injury. Most of his games have been as a sub.

He is a good guy who I will hate to see playing for them

Hannibal Lecter

Kyle Lafferty - Remember there is a rule that although players can be registered with a maximum of 3 clubs over the course of a season they can actually only appear for 2. The only exception is if moving between 2 clubs where seasons overlap starts summer/autumn rather than winter/spring then they may allowed to play for a 3rd.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

We should have spent the £19 million for the stand on players. 

What relevance does that have?

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Scott Brown off to Australia apparently

Celtic strengthening their squad without spending a penny. An astute bit of business if true.

8 hours ago, Gershwin said:

He's clearly given up.

Apparently they are "close to sealing a loan deal" with Sporting Lisbon for him.

7 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Jordan Jones and Glen Kamara going to Rangers on pre-contracts, according to the Sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3703152/jordan-jones-glen-kamara-rangers-transfer-news-pre-contracts/

We'll just never be able to compete with them financially even when there's no fee involved 

Fxxx the SPFL

Scott Allan to the hobbits just saw him get off train at Brunstane pair of boots in his hand heading towards a car with some punter taking him to cooshed at Tranent no doubt

13 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

He is a good guy who I will hate to see playing for them

May well just be me being overly cynical but pretty sure that Defoe's 'connection' with the young lad Bradley at Sunderland only happened after Defoe hired a Personal Assistant on 60k a year where one of the major tasks (other than food shopping, managing his diary, arranging gardeners and buying birthday presents for his family) was to 'grow the global Defoe Brand'. I'm not suggesting that they didn't become close or that Defoe wasn't genuinely heartbroken when Bradley passed away, more a question of his original motives.

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

May well just be me being overly cynical but pretty sure that Defoe's 'connection' with the young lad Bradley at Sunderland only happened after Defoe hired a Personal Assistant on 60k a year where one of the major tasks (other than food shopping, managing his diary, arranging gardeners and buying birthday presents for his family) was to 'grow the global Defoe Brand'. I'm not suggesting that they didn't become close or that Defoe wasn't genuinely heartbroken when Bradley passed away, more a question of his original motives.

I dont know the timing off the appointment of the PA but I know that when he was at Sunderland he was praised for the time he spent with fans (not just Bradley and his family) but having kickabouts in the street with kids etc. 

I think as he has got older he has realised that there is more to life and is trying to give something back. (I have liked him for a long time and will defend him up to he signs for them!)

Just now, Thought Police said:

Interesting to see what Clarke does with Jones for the rest of the season

Play him? 

As they try to win the league. 

The old 2 horse race is almost restored, very difficult for anyone to compete. Celtic will likely start spending aswell. Even the hobbits seem to be making moves.

the jambo poet

Re the rangers signings. On paper fabulous signings but Pre contracts so not going to affect this season. They are looking to stop 10. 

If Hearts are bold we  can really do something this season. We are well in the hunt. Just a a couple of players could be the difference.

1 minute ago, the jambo poet said:

Re the rangers signings. On paper fabulous signings but Pre contracts so not going to affect this season. They are looking to stop 10. 

If Hearts are bold we  can really do something this season. We are well in the hunt. Just a a couple of players could be the difference.

A level below what Rangers fans might expect of signings. 

the jambo poet
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A level below what Rangers fans might expect of signings. 

Yes perhaps going by the old Rangers. Maybe not so this lot. I don't believe the players they have at their disposal are big named players but are playing as a team. The two players mentioned will improve the current team.

The Future's Maroon

Just heard Hibs in for Steven Fletcher, knowing that we tried last year and failed, they just might pull that off.