Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• tartofmidlothian

• The Internet

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Steve Bruce is new manager at Sheffield Wednesday.

I lose track - didn't realise he wasn't in job. 

sacked by aston villa in the last few months

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Samir Nasri has joined West Ham following the end of his drugs ban. 

Not sure how I feel bout this one TBH. Could be a good un

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

see that is the hypocrisy of football fans (not saying you are a hypocrite). They will almost always be happy with a player who has done some bad things if they play well and help their team

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

see that is the hypocrisy of football fans (not saying you are a hypocrite). They will almost always be happy with a player who has done some bad things if they play well and help their team

Pretty much nails it. West Ham have a bit of a recent history of bringing in once wassers and paying them for hee haw. If he comes in and plays anywhere near the way he used to he'll make a big difference to West Ham. Pellegrini knows him and, obviously thinks he'll get something out of him. Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Think he's meaning in terms of footballing performance. Not sure all West Ham fans will be happy with the 'drama' it brings, footballing wise though it could be a decent signing.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Steve Bruce is new manager at Sheffield Wednesday.

I lose track - didn't realise he wasn't in job. 

He's had some amount of positions. ?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Samir Nasri has joined West Ham following the end of his drugs ban. 

Was it a drugs ban? I thought it was how it was administered and how much? To be fair I’d have bought a fecken H1b5 scarf off her ??? apologies for the rag 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2499554/medic-accused-of-romping-with-footie-star-samir-nasri-strips-off-with-four-of-her-sisters/amp/

5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Was it a drugs ban? I thought it was how it was administered and how much? To be fair I’d have bought a fecken H1b5 scarf off her ??? apologies for the rag 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2499554/medic-accused-of-romping-with-footie-star-samir-nasri-strips-off-with-four-of-her-sisters/amp/

Some details of ban 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45039812

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I think its a great signing. Great player, he can put one in the top corner. I suspect he will be played sparingly till the end of the season, allows them to rest Anderson, not a bad move as they are pretty relient on him. I also think a few years ago he wouldn't have dreamed of playing for West Ham and thats what Pelligrini brings to them

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think its a great signing. Great player, he can put one in the top corner. I suspect he will be played sparingly till the end of the season, allows them to rest Anderson, not a bad move as they are pretty relient on him. I also think a few years ago he wouldn't have dreamed of playing for West Ham and thats what Pelligrini brings to them

he is only going for the money, i would doubt pelligrini has played much in nasri's thinking. nasri is a mercenary and is only there as wet ham are throwing a reported £80k a week at him. 

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Yeah of course it was - how would getting banned for taking too many drugs not count as a drugs ban?

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he is only going for the money, i would doubt pelligrini has played much in nasri's thinking. nasri is a mercenary and is only there as wet ham are throwing a reported £80k a week at him. 

Nasri is a mercenary, but he's abit like Tevez in that he can play at the same time. He seems fit and his interview is all about Pelligrini and FWIW I thought it seemed genuine. 

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah of course it was - how would getting banned for taking too many drugs not count as a drugs ban?

My understanding was it was  nutrients taken in wrong quantities over a wrong period of time. I didn’t make that clear.

The Internet

Jermain Defoe free to leave Bournemouth and being linked with Rangers. Would either be a phenomenal signing or a waste of a colossal wage. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

My understanding was it was  nutrients taken in wrong quantities over a wrong period of time. I didn’t make that clear.

Ok I'm with you now. You're right, it was something like a 500ml drip instead of the 50ml limit IIRC.

I think it was nutrients right enough, but I don't really see a difference between that and an illegal drug myself - it was a clear and deliberate breach of the doping regulations, serious enough to get him an 18 month ban.

I have to agree it's more accurate to say it was a doping ban than a drugs ban to be fair, although like I say, it's splitting hairs a bit IMO, they amount to the same thing. 

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Jermain Defoe free to leave Bournemouth and being linked with Rangers. Would either be a phenomenal signing or a waste of a colossal wage. 

I'd imagine their would be the former. Still super fit and lightning quick, hopefully he doesn't end up there. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Ok I'm with you now. You're right, it was something like a 500ml drip instead of the 50ml limit IIRC.

I think it was nutrients right enough, but I don't really see a difference between that and an illegal drug myself - it was a clear and deliberate breach of the doping regulations, serious enough to get him an 18 month ban.

I have to agree it's more accurate to say it was a doping ban than a drugs ban to be fair, although like I say, it's splitting hairs a bit IMO, they amount to the same thing. 

No worries, cu behind the goals ???

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

I'd imagine their would be the former. Still super fit and lightning quick, hopefully he doesn't end up there. 

Agreed, hopefully it doesn't happen. Such a deadly finisher which is what they've been missing at times. Signing a 36 year old on what will be huge wages is always a risk though. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mark Sykes former team mate of Bobby Burns at Glenavon has signed for Oxford. 

Would have quite liked to see him follow bobby’s path

quite a good young player, skilful and can finish

(Bit sad I know but watched a lot of the Irish league show on iplayer and he’s always performed well) 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Ex Aberdeen striker Jayden stockley going for 750k to Preston Apparently! Was a dud and shows how crazy transfer market down south

you do realise he has a better than 1 goal every 2 games for exeter (40 goals, 75 games)

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you do realise he has a better than 1 goal every 2 games for exeter (40 goals, 75 games)

Never rated him up here but that is a good record to be fair. League 2 isn’t the highest standard though.

Heartsofgold
33 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Ex Aberdeen striker Jayden stockley going for 750k to Preston Apparently! Was a dud and shows how crazy transfer market down south

Must be why Exeter have signed Ryan Bowman from Motherwell, to replace him.

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Never rated him up here but that is a good record to be fair. League 2 isn’t the highest standard though.

If it was good enough for us to find Lee, Dunne and Ikpeazu...

9 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If it was good enough for us to find Lee, Dunne and Ikpeazu...

Yeah it’s a fair point tho Dunne was only on loan to a league 2 club. Lee and Ikpeazu were rebuilding their careers as had played at a higher level previously!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bristol City looking at Gauld and Kamberi. Lee Wallace too

Edited by Sir Gio

Todays rumours 

Juve linked with a move for Mbappe due to PSG's struggles with Financial Fair Play

Atletico Madrid at odds with Diego Godin over a new contract

Gabbiadini rumoured to be leaving Southamptons bench for AC Milan who are also expected to offload a number of players to fund new signings, one of which is a young left back Diego Laxalt linked with Newcastle

Bayern have bid 30m for Chelsea youth Callum Hudson-Odoi

4 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Defoe to Ranjurs on 18 month loan. Hate to say but that is a cracking signing. 

Lafferty to Peterborough?

Geoff the Mince
1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

If Defoe goes to them then they will win the league. 

I agree , cracking signing for them .

That’s a very good signing for Rangers, if he manages to hit the ground running. 

But hes about 49 and hasn’t played a game since last season. So who knows.