Charlie Adam

TurboT

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Is he regularly not in the squad or is it just now transfer runours have come up? I thought he was a benchwarmer not a reserve. 

Not actully sure. The website SoccerWay is really good for checking past line ups etc. Also really good for checking teams form if you like a wee bet.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Ian Black = Herts class

Bossed 2012 cup final.

Mind that game?

For that alone deserves respect.

’Herts’?

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not actully sure. The website SoccerWay is really good for checking past line ups etc. Also really good for checking teams form if you like a wee bet.

Yeah I do use it quite a bit. I’m just too lazy right not to check. I know there’s loads people on here stalking Adam right now ha

2 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Ian Black = Herts class

Your Damn right that boy blackie 

cmon someone finish it for me please sorry I'm pished ??

ian-black-466719558.jpg

Edited by Bongo 1874

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your Damn right that boy blackie 

cmon someone finish it for me please sorry I'm pished ??

ian-black-466719558.jpg

FN brilliant! 

Auldreekie1874

Ian Black was sitting amongst the Hearts fans at Fester Rd last week.

Guy next to me was singing  some song solo about painting this place maroon blissfully unaware that Blackie was only sitting about 4 rows directly behind him ?

Anyway, Charlie Adam. Yes please .

Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

His wages are the stumbling block. Still think it’ll be done.

He's saying differently in the press today.

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's saying differently in the press today.

All the interviews published today are from last week. Nothing new. 

Sunday papers had separate interviews. All from Monday or Tuesday the event he did for the Scottish Cup. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

All the interviews published today are from last week. Nothing new. 

More fool me for thinking the weejia would be even close to up to date about Hearts news. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

To be fair what Jambo calls us Herts ?

Me and thousands of others. It’s East Coast/ Edinburgh dialect.  

He would be a good signing IF he keeps fit and he is not  simply easing himself out of the game 

From all the reports he is in good shape  re fitness at present

Deals like this are complex and money as usual will be at the heart of things...….but so far it's all speculation and if we read between he lines we may not be his first choice.

However even if he signs he will not be the same player we watched a couple of seasons ago but we might get lucky and get another player like Naismith

Edited by CJGJ

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Me and thousands of others. It’s East Coast/ Edinburgh dialect.  

I’m talking about in type ?

On 05/01/2019 at 20:45, Angel eyes said:

Think I’d rather have Ian black back same age? and cheaper.

went off injured v haddington yesterday.TBH wasnt his or Tranents best game this season.Winners tho!

siegementality
On 05/01/2019 at 15:19, Homme said:

What a pile of shite.

Remember the last time we relied solely on youngsters? We were relegated.

I don’t think he said we should solely be playing youngsters.

On 05/01/2019 at 20:40, Clerry Jambo said:

Where's that benefactor!!

Sorry mate, bit skint just now. Christmas and all that...

Unknown user
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Gone awful quiet. My guess. And it is a guess. Well apart on cash

My guess is that stoke won't release him until the end of the window just in case someone’s going to offer them cash, and that any potential deal will be at the end of January

StevenNaismith
43 minutes ago, Smithee said:

My guess is that stoke won't release him until the end of the window just in case someone’s going to offer them cash, and that any potential deal will be at the end of January

This.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

May not come at all now, stoke have just sacked their manager 

Becoming the new Sunderland?

9 minutes ago, Rods said:

forget charlie adam in my book we should be throwing the money at Scott Allan.

Can you imagine the seethe.

Would be a good bit of business on top of the shithousery.

lost in space
16 minutes ago, Rods said:

I thought that we only did that to lenny!!

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Rods said:

He wouldn’t get ahead of Naismith

allans position is behind the two strikers

I just dont see the point of Adam especially if he is in to replace Djoum. We need someone of a similar age as Djoum and Allan. 

I dont think CL has learned from the Maclean debacle to be honest I can see what he is thinking but we have Naismith on park coaching the midfield we dont need another person doing that at the moment we need someone who can be a mainstay for 3 to 4 years.

just my opinion of course.

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

I just dont see the point of Adam especially if he is in to replace Djoum. We need someone of a similar age as Djoum and Allan. 

I dont think CL has learned from the Maclean debacle to be honest I can see what he is thinking but we have Naismith on park coaching the midfield we dont need another person doing that at the moment we need someone who can be a mainstay for 3 to 4 years.

If you regard Steven Maclean's signing as a debacle then I cannot agree. When the squad was all fit at the start of the season it was his link-up play that allowed Naismith and Ikpeazu to flourish and for the midfield to work so well. He isn't a lone striker as he's had to try to play as due to our injury problems but he is so far away from being a 'debacle'. 

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

I'm happy for some old/experienced players to come up until the youth players get more experience.  

25 minutes ago, Rods said:

How is it a debacle?

Maclean has been a decent signing for us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

How is it a debacle?

Maclean has been a decent signing for us.

He will be better for the break, coming out of the spotlight and having a bit of support around him.

Wing I believe is still our area for improvement, as well as Morrison has done, the burden should not be his to bear

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, Rods said:

A player who cannot play 90 minutes, and has never played as high a level as Charlie Adam? 

37 minutes ago, Rods said:

I dont think CL has learned from the Maclean debacle to be honest

What's the debacle please?

For me a player who was signed to be 3rd/4th choice striker who looked great when used as a sub or rotated but started to tire when played as a lone target man which isn't his position every 3 days in his mid 30s is very far from a debacle. 

Maclean is an intelligent footballer who most of us were raving about when used as intended. Of all things involving Hearts this season, to use the word debacle about this is mystifying. 

The Debacle was not Maclean personally he was signed to do a job and that was to come off the bench etc and be a bit part player. I would have preferred  Keena or Zanatta to have had a chance during the injury period or we had signed someone that could play on his own if asked and at a good age where he could see Matches out.  

Yes debacle is the word due to the injuries how many goals did we score during the injury period? We would have been better blooding youngsters at that point the same as last year.

Anyway back to Charlie Adam I think he is a class player just dont think we need anymore dads army types.

Edited by Rods

1 minute ago, Rods said:

The Debacle was not Maclean personally he was signed to do a job and that was to come off the bench etc and be a bit part player. I would have preferred  Keena or Zanatta to have had a chance during the injury period or we had signed someone that could play on his own if asked and at a good age where he could see Matches out.  

Anyway back to Charlie Adam I think he is a class player just dont think we need anymore dads army types.

I thought that is what you meant.

MacLean being left as sole striker was certainly not the plan.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

A player who cannot play 90 minutes, and has never played as high a level as Charlie Adam? 

What's the debacle please?

For me a player who was signed to be 3rd/4th choice striker who looked great when used as a sub or rotated but started to tire when played as a lone target man which isn't his position every 3 days in his mid 30s is very far from a debacle. 

If wiki is correct, Scott Robinson has played more top flight games than Scott Allan. :lol:

7 minutes ago, maroon said:

take Scott Allan for the seethe and the seethe alone

Or Lewis Morgan someone who might be better suited to what we need.