Charlie Adam

TurboT

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

A pacey midfielder with a bit of vision and guile is what we need so it makes perfect sense to sign Adam. ?

Any positivity as a new year resolution? You're not known for it. 

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

The people turning their nose up at Adam on this thread are the same people who said Naismith was past it/wasn't worth taking for another season. So either hibs fans or people who are utterly clueless. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

He’s played at a high level,has good ties with Levein. Don’t see why he wouldn’t be a good signing. His type of play would suit big strikers like Uche. Not getting overly excited about it though-he’d have to do as Naismith has done from day one & prove himself if given the opportunity.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

The people turning their nose up at Adam on this thread are the same people who said Naismith was past it/wasn't worth taking for another season. So either hibs fans or people who are utterly clueless. 

Less keen by a good way on Adam. Half the player or pro that is Steven Naismith.

Not turning up my nose all the same 

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Based on what ?

70 i heard couple days ago so natural progression hopefully ?

19 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apart from being a boyhood Dundee fan. 

Do do I want someone to come in and do a great job for a season and then move on for big profit? Yes. 

Big profit aye? 

He's 33. 

What's the difference between daza and jih?well ones Hearts the others Hibs, problem is one that is Hearts talks a bit Tom kite as if in the know....

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

85% chance will be done.

As i regard you as possibly the most itk on this board. I hope your right this time. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Less keen by a good way on Adam. Half the player or pro that is Steven Naismith.

Not turning up my nose all the same 

I think it's a bit naive to think Adam wouldn't be anything other than an excellent addition. His pedigree speaks for itself. I'd much rather he came to us than any of our nearest rivals.

Going by the signings Gerrard has made already (Defoe and Davis) I can't see them signing the likes of Adam or Naismith if anyone is worried about that. 

So i suppose we're the next best option as long as we come up with enough dough. 

6 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Struggling to get excited about this one, more than happy to be proved very wrong !

Wonder who would provoke excitement in your eyes? Would be well pleased if he signed

3 hours ago, H2 said:

PMSL, I don't think we are a league at all,... I somehow think Charlie Adams will have a very good level of fitness. 

What do you mean by “don’t think we are a League at all”?

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

Big profit aye? 

He's 33. 

So get him for a year and see what happens. If he then signs for sevco he is a year older and we still got a good year out of him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
58 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I think it's a bit naive to think Adam wouldn't be anything other than an excellent addition. His pedigree speaks for itself. I'd much rather he came to us than any of our nearest rivals.

Time alone will tell

Still don't get the people against this.  Questioning his professionalism and how rangers he is.  Can't think of anything negative through his career and when i have heard him speak he sounds decent. I hope we get this done

132goals1958
23 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

His interview suggests he'd prefer to go go Sevco. If thats the case I'll pass.

Earlier this season he got embroiled in the early season discussion claiming Rangers were streets ahead of Aberdeen.He would go to Sevco in a heartbeat.

71.3% chance of this happening.

Anyone else want to join my ‘making it up as you go along‘ club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, savage said:

Still don't get the people against this.  Questioning his professionalism and how rangers he is.  Can't think of anything negative through his career and when i have heard him speak he sounds decent. I hope we get this done

My concern. How much vfm will he represent. Let's be honest he won't be cheap 

By 80%  i mean provided a better offer doesnt come along he will most probably (80%) be a hearts player. 

Or another way - we have about an 80% chance of him coming to us. 

Haters gonna hate.

132goals1958
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

By 80%  i mean provided a better offer doesnt come along he will most probably (80%) be a hearts player. 

Haters gonna hate.

Better ignoring them as all they are doing is craving attention.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Any positivity as a new year resolution? You're not known for it. 

Why would he want to talk us up?

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Haters gonna hate.

?

Loan until the end of the season, shop window himself to the huns I would imagine.  Saying that I thought same as Naisy. 

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Why would he want to talk us up?

Why wouldn’t he if he was very close to signing?  

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Why wouldn’t he if he was very close to signing?  

I wasn't referring to Adam. I was asking why you would think Rick would talk up Hearts.

As for Adam, I would take him in a heartbeat. Him and Haring would match up to anyone in this league. Like Naismith, he knows how good a manager Craig is so I can see it happening. 

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m not buying that someone is being told that a deal is 85% happening. What a load of shite ?

Agreed. 83% at most I'm told

Geoff the Mince
21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Haters gonna hate.

Slaver gonna slaver .

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, lou said:

The digs at Dax are a bit tedious, a lot of us appreciate his info, not always on the money but definitely one of the most ITK

Seconded 

heartandsoul
4 minutes ago, lou said:

The digs at Dax are a bit tedious, a lot of us appreciate his info, not always on the money but definitely one of the most ITK

This

2 minutes ago, lou said:

He’s got one or two things correct that he’s put on here, but he’s opening himself up to ridicule a lot of the time by saying percentages when in reality he doesn’t have a clue like most of us. What does 85/80% even mean when talking about a transfer? Not really trying to dig at him but I find some things he puts on here are just his thoughts and not what’s actually going to happen. 

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Based on what ?

Must agree with you here.

85% is a very odd figure to come up with.

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, lou said:

He pretty much only ever comes out talks about a player after we’ve been linked with him. How often does he say we’re after a player before a paper says so ? Not very often eh. I love a bit gossip regarding transfers but if your gonae come out with tripe like he’s 80 % signing then be prepared to be laughed at.