Charlie Adam

TurboT

JamboBornNBred
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He was out of the picture at Norwich.

Out of the picture you say.

Not what his manager at the time was saying.Praising Naismith big time for the influence he was giving the reserve strikers he was playing with in the reserve side whilst getting his fitness back.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

Fletcher is another who is not getting a game.

Bench warmer yet again at the weekend.

So guess what....I am real :)

You realise this weakens your point rather than strengthening it? :laugh:

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Ive had it confirmed about an hour ago that this will definitely happen or not this transfer window.

:jambobanana: was always confident this would happen.  How could he not want to maybe perhaps come to Hearts.

JamboBornNBred
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

You realise this weakens your point rather than strengthening it? :laugh:

Not really but  there you go.

Differing opinions..............Who would have thought it ?? :)

32 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

If he was fit and focused i bet he would be playing for a very poor Stoke City right now.He isnt and that says it all.

Good player a few years back but the fact he cant get into that side does not fill me with confidence.

The English Championship will have plenty players that can’t get a game for their current club but would walk into our starting 11. No logic  to state that a player not playing for Stoke has any relevance to whether or not he’d be a success at Hearts.

JamboBornNBred
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The English Championship will have plenty players that can’t get a game for their current club but would walk into our starting 11. No logic  to state that a player not playing for Stoke has any relevance to whether or not he’d be a success at Hearts.

You need too read back bud.I never once said he would not walk into our team.I said i had reservations about a guy who cant get into a Stoke City side that are struggling badly.

While reading again you will see i said it was irrelevant as to wether any OUR players would get into the Stoke side as they dont play for Stoke.That was not the question being asked at the time.

I await your apology.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Haring would not get a game for Stoke, too many folk blinkered/dippit on here.

I'm not so sure. I was recently watching a Hearts match next to a fan of a very decent Premier side in England, he felt Haring and Naismith were the only 2 players on the pitch anywhere close to that level. Naismith obvious I suppose.

People sometimes get bamboozled by numbers. The visual evidence is Haring is a strong and confident player on the ball. Probably have to improve his passing to a more consistent level, but don't be surprised if there is very real interest in this player before too long.

37 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Stoke have Joe Allen, Darren Fletcher and Etebo in central midfield (whom they signed for £6.5m in the summer). 

Get real.

Am I unreal because I gave an opinion that differed from yours?

I see how it works now, oh arrogant know-all.

Haring would walk into most championship teams, the guy is class. His contribution to the team week in week out is immense and his physical ability would be an asset to any team. 

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Haring would not get a game for Stoke, too many folk blinkered/dippit on here.

Perhaps he would, perhaps he wouldn’t. I honestly think you are the more blinkered one when I read some of your comments along these lines. You seem to think English football is many times better than it is.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Perhaps he would, perhaps he wouldn’t. I honestly think you are the more blinkered one when I read some of your comments along these lines. You seem to think English football is many times better than it is.

Exactly. Look at McGinn for Aston Villa.

Geoff the Mince

Barry Bannan can get a game for Sheffield Wednesday;  yet Peter the Great wouldn't at a similar club ? Not having that .

21 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

You need too read back bud.I never once said he would not walk into our team.I said i had reservations about a guy who cant get into a Stoke City side that are struggling badly.

While reading again you will see i said it was irrelevant as to wether any OUR players would get into the Stoke side as they dont play for Stoke.That was not the question being asked at the time.

I await your apology.

So he would walk into our team but you have reservations because he can’t get a game for Stoke? That seems a contradiction? Also why would you be due an apology?

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Am I unreal because I gave an opinion that differed from yours?

I see how it works now, oh arrogant know-all.

I don't have any issue with saying Haring would get a game for Stoke. I had an issue with the idea that not getting a game for Stoke means you're not good enough for Hearts.

To be fair, I could have just quoted JamboBornNBred. Apologies.

19 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Haring would walk into most championship teams, the guy is class. His contribution to the team week in week out is immense and his physical ability would be an asset to any team. 

:spoton:

Geoff the Mince
7 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Peter haring playing for stoke hahahahahahah roasters on here 

:cornette::cornette:

8 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

The Stoke that are doing a Dundee United or Patrick Thistle just now. 

21 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I don't have any issue with saying Haring would get a game for Stoke. I had an issue with the idea that not getting a game for Stoke means you're not good enough for Hearts.

To be fair, I could have just quoted JamboBornNBred. Apologies.

You should have done that then and one wonders why you didn't!

5 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Yes.

The accuracy of his passing is worth it's weight in gold.

Scott Allan is the poor man's Charlie Adam.

If it’s his weight in gold that’s a few quid?

10 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Should look into crouch’s availibility while we are in talks with stoke

Darren Fletcher would be good.......

1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Barry Bannan can get a game for Sheffield Wednesday;  yet Peter the Great wouldn't at a similar club ? Not having that .

Bannan would walk into any team in Scotland.  For some reason he has a reputation as being shite on this form.  He's a terrific passer and his set piece delivery is excellent.

As for Adam, his quality isn't in doubt.  I think his application might well be.  I'd take him but I'd be wary of giving him a long term deal.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

If we do bring him in then we're setting ourselves up very narrowly imo, you can't drop Djoum or Haring on current form, Adam would be too expensive to sit on the bench and on top of that Cochrane, Lee and even Bozanic are useful players to bring in when they're on it, stark contrast with our wide options who haven't really shown much at all to deserve a start

Option 1 would be:

_____________Keeper

Smith__Souttar__Berra__Garuccio 

_____Djoum__Haring__Adam

____________Naismith 

________Ikpeazu__Vanecek

Option 2:

___________Keeper

Dikamona__Souttar__Berra

Smith__Haring__Adam__Garuccio

____________Djoum

______Naismith__Ikpeazu/Vanecek

Option 3:

______________Keeper

__Smith__Souttar__Berra__Garuccio

Morrison__Haring__Adam__Mitchell

_________Naismith__Ikpeazu

Could go on forever tbh, it's good to have options but for me I think wide areas are the ultimate priority, God knows how we'll set up if Lee or Clare hit form or if Dunne returns but at the end of the day any XI with wide players in it isn't our best and that's a bit of a problem imo

Need to let us know who our ne goalie is? 

Great name, tho. Thankfully he isn't a striker. 

You have a point tho. 

I think we'd be looking at a 352, imo Lee is the most likely to be dropped for Adam in that case. 

Haring, Djoum, Adam Central is a very good midfield. 

Lee/ Bozanic and Harry also options. 

Plenty cover, plenty ways to mix it up. 

But, as you say unless we get quality in the wb or winger we could be narrow. 

Geoff the Mince
14 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Bannan would walk into any team in Scotland.  For some reason he has a reputation as being shite on this form.  He's a terrific passer and his set piece delivery is excellent.

As for Adam, his quality isn't in doubt.  I think his application might well be.  I'd take him but I'd be wary of giving him a long term deal.

Bannan gets a lot of grief due to his Scotland performances (he aint alone there)

My opinion is that Peter the Great could easily play Championship level .

Adam could do a Jim Bett for us ,

Bett against Rangers on a midweek game at Tynecastle was a master class .

30 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He always strikes me as a very modern British midfielder (i.e. lots of easy passes to keep possession stats high, but very little impact)

57 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Every time I read this, I hear Boycie laughing.

3 hours ago, cruzabic said:

What’s funny about that? Have Stoke suddenly become ten times better than the last time I saw them play? This is English Championship Stoke we are talking about here, right?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What’s funny about that? Have Stoke suddenly become ten times better than the last time I saw them play? This is English Championship Stoke ever are talking about here, right?

Favourites at start of season. They better start winning some games.

IMG_20190103_172618.jpg

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Favourites at start of season. They better start winning some games.

IMG_20190103_172618.jpg

It’s amazing the blind spot some people develop for English football. Honestly wonder if SKY have developed some kind of magic mind control device that they use to blind people with when they televise games.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My gut tells me this signing will happen...

Your gut is usually full of shit though. :wink: 

The Internet
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

A pacey midfielder with a bit of vision and guile is what we need so it makes perfect sense to sign Adam. ?

Good centre mids are known for their rapid sprinting. 

On 02/01/2019 at 11:55, Nookie Bear said:

We’re not a pub league and you still need a very good level of fitness to cope. 

PMSL, I don't think we are a league at all,... I somehow think Charlie Adams will have a very good level of fitness. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Should look into crouch’s availibility while we are in talks with stoke

This and fletcher 

38 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My gut tells me this signing will happen...

My gut tells me I am right in sticking with dry January.