Charlie Adam

TurboT

haveyouheard 22
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Adam is touting himself for a move to Rangerrs . 

Any outside chance of getting him would rumble on to the last day of the window. 

He would come to us on default which is never  good thing . Hope we don't get involved tbh . 

Be a great signing but unlikely 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That was just a slightly more polite way of saying Martin is shite.

Levein's Scotland team was built around Adam in the "quarterback" role.

Which one of our players is he going to shell long passes too, we have no pace up front or wide? 

haveyouheard 22
Just now, Hector Riva said:

Adam to Hearts. No thanks. That aint going forward.

Well you dont know much about football by the looks of it

The guys a class act and would be a stand out in the SPL

16 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

He told Press Association Sport: 'At the moment I am still contracted to Stoke but I want to play and hopefully there are opportunities during the window to play somewhere.

'The Rangers thing is something that it would interest me. Absolutely. I have been back more times this season than in the last four or five years. I can see it is going in the right direction.

'Steven has obviously put his authority on the club. The players are playing well, playing with an unbelievable amount of confidence.

'The manager has got it on a playing field where it is competitive and what a hell of a result against Celtic in the last game...

'The tails are up, they have momentum but they know it is going to be a big challenge from now until the end of the season.

'But at the moment there is nothing to it. We are talking up something that is not there but everyone knows I started my career at Rangers, I played in front of 50,000 with the pressure.

'It is something I'd relish and enjoy. I want to play.

'I have played three games for Stoke so it has been frustrating so whoever it may be, I am ready to go and want to contribute.'

And there it is

That's clearly a response to a question asked specifically about Rangers. The bits in bold suggests he's open to options and his comments in the BBC article talk up Craig Levein.

17 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Seems more keen on Rangers though, going by his comments.  

Agree but admittedly Naismith was probably the same.

Was the exact same stories in the press before we brought him in too.

Why would Adam want to come to Hearts over Rangers if you’re being honest?! He’s never played for us so doesn’t know the club and would undoubtedly earn more at Rangers.

However Levein and the club do very well when they approach players and bring them in and let them know what this club is about and what they’re looking to do. Which is why you have guys like Naismith, Dunne and many others rave about what it’s like to play at tynecastle with the fans and the history.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

55 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Djoum's good spells for Hearts have come when he was trying to get into the national team for the AFCON and again now when his contract is almost up and needs to be in the shop window.

Djoum's good spells for Hearts have come when he was fully fit and the club wasn't in chaos either on or off the pitch.

When you use Maulary Martin as a reason to not sign Charlie Adam you have lost.

Time to cancel the internet and focus on something else.

Similar to last year with Naismith, I don’t think Rangers would have any interest in Adam just now now, once they sign Davis I think it will be defenders and another striker they will be looking at

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which one of our players is he going to shell long passes too, we have no pace up front or wide? 

Naismith/Uche/Morrison/whoever is playing up front or wide. 

Anyway, here's footage of him from September playing a one-two, breaking beyond the defence and setting up a goal (01:40); he also set up the first goal (0:58) by making a similar run from midfield. He might be a bit more dynamic than you give him credit for.

27 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I don't recall Keane not adapting to the Scottish game. Pretty much dominated most of the games I recall. 

In the 3-0 game at Tynecastle after they had clinched the league, he was impressive and you could see how much the result bothered him although several of his teammates looked to have chucked it. Different standards. 

He quoted in his book about his debut against Clyde in the Scottish Cup where they lost 2-1. Hartson got on the team bus with a can of coke and bag of crisps! ?

My recollection of Keane was that he was an anonymous, frustrated figure. And he missed from two yards in that 3-0 game. 

CloustonHMFC

This is going to end up another Lafferty situation. 2 year contract with Hearts and away to Der Hun after one season to sit on their bench. Would be a good signing for us but I think I’d rather pass on that situation again. 

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

This is going to end up another Lafferty situation. 2 year contract with Hearts and away to Der Hun after one season to sit on their bench. Would be a good signing for us but I think I’d rather pass on that situation again. 

Its all talk, its no like he's signed 

38 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Well you dont know much about football by the looks of it

The guys a class act and would be a stand out in the SPL

Mate . He is no class act. 

CloustonHMFC
Just now, haveyouheard 22 said:

Its all talk, its no like he's signed 

Of course, but if he does I’m confident that’s exactly how it’d play out. 

31 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

That's clearly a response to a question asked specifically about Rangers. The bits in bold suggests he's open to options and his comments in the BBC article talk up Craig Levein.

The fact he's even being asked about Rangers when he's been linked with hearts and not them is just so bloody typical of our media though. I know he goes on to talk about keeping his options open etc but it's a tad frustrating that there can't seem to be a transfer target in Scotland who doesn't immediately get asked "what about the old firm though? Do you fancy that?" 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Think I feel the same to be honest. A wankfest over someone who would rather be elsewhere and obviously so makes me feel grubby 

haveyouheard 22
4 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Of course, but if he does I’m confident that’s exactly how it’d play out. 

In the unlikely event he did sign I'll take it from there

12 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Possibly. More likely a 6 month loan deal. Like Naismith he'll want to keep his options open. 

We made good money out of Lafferty. 

8 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

The fact he's even being asked about Rangers when he's been linked with hearts and not them is just so bloody typical of our media though. I know he goes on to talk about keeping his options open etc but it's a tad frustrating that there can't seem to be a transfer target in Scotland who doesn't immediately get asked "what about the old firm though? Do you fancy that?" 

Agreed. Just seen him being interviewed on SSN and it sounds as though there has still been no contact from anyone, including Hearts and Rangers. It was hard to tell but he didn't look as though he was carrying a lot of excess weight as claimed earlier on the thread.

7 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

In the unlikely event he did sign I'll take it from there

I'm not especially keen but I would wait and see what happened if we did sign him .

I know , not the jkb way

23 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Aye he can shove his 17 goals up his ricker

21 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Agreed. Just seen him being interviewed on SSN and it sounds as though there has still been no contact from anyone, including Hearts and Rangers. It was hard to tell but he didn't look as though he was carrying a lot of excess weight as claimed earlier on the thread.

Better get him signed before this fitness camp in Spain then! That being said, if he's not gonna be up to it, I doubt Levein would give him the time of day, take Danny Amankwaa this season as an example

42 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

So instead of having him for one season and then potentially getting a few quid, he goes direct to ibrox and benefits them straightaway?

If he ends up at rangers...it’s no big deal. It’s happened before and it will happen again. We move and we replace him. 

hearts 4 the cup

Naismith was making similar noises about re-joining rangers when he left Norwich last season and look how that turned out.

With Davis pretty much a done deal I’m not sure they’ll look to sign another centre mid coming towards the end of their career. Fingers crossed we can get a deal agreed, Adam would be a cracking signing

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We made good money out of Lafferty. 

We were also left with a hole in our squad near deadline day. Which arguably has cost us recently...

Any discussions would be with Stoke first. 

Unlickly anything would be sorted before next Tuesday when squad flies to Spain though you never know. 

2 minutes ago, pandiani1 said:

We were also left with a hole in our squad near deadline day. Which arguably has cost us recently...

Injuries did that. Lafferty kept as squad player or £700k?

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Injuries did that. Lafferty kept as squad player or £700k?

Injuries took two forwards and we sold one. I never really saw Lafferty as squad player, he was our top goal scorer at the time

I guess the point is we don't want to sign another player who becomes instrumental for us and is then taken off us by a rival

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

Well I got a lot of enjoyment from Lafferty's time with us and the club made a chunk of cash from it.Would cheerfully accept a similar scenario with Adam should it come to pass,good player we could do with.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I find the Djoum chat amazing. Been playing every time he gets a run of matches and unselfishly plays anywhere for his manager. 

Our 3rd most important player 

Yip, folk saying since he pulled his socks up, recently better, playing for a contract etc. 

AKA-

-after an injury, and constant game time he's gotten better. 

Who'd have funk it? 

Not sure about him to be honest.

He is talented but when we were playing well at the start of the season we pressed teams. 

No doubt he can pass well but couldn't tackle to save himself.

Done well for himself down south but I always thought he was mince up here at Old Rangers

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

When you use Maulary Martin as a reason to not sign Charlie Adam you have lost.

Time to cancel the internet and focus on something else.

:arf:

The Apprentice

Reads to me that’s he’s open to any offers he can get. Basically talking up both us and Rangers but at the same time letting everyone know he’s available. 

rudi must stay

Adam would be a great signing. A rolemodel for Lee too, he would walk it in this league. Look at Naismith and Berra, their experience, means we can count on them every game. So he wants to play for Rangers, Naismith wanted to play for Kilmarnock, you have to persuade them

I don't get all the hun sycophant chat. When he's asked about Hearts he talks Hearts up, when he's asked about Rangers he talks Rangers up. Basically he wants to do a deal and play some football. Nothing wrong with that.

Just now, johnthomas said:

Article from over a year ago ?

Yes, an article in which Naismith says all the same stuff Adam is saying. That hasn't worked out too badly.

The last thing we need at Tynecastle is another over the hill elderly ex "up to their knees" player. We should be encouraging our talented  young players not bringing ex- Huns so the bigots in Section N are happy.