Charlie Adam

TurboT

13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aye cannae beat the lucrative contracts on offer in Scotland. 

Who says he'll end up in Scotland.  He'll go where he can get the best deal.  If another championship team wants him and he's settled in England, he'll probably stay down there.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

Watched him a few times when he was with Blackpool and he made the team that got promotion to the Premiership tick. That was 9 years ago though. ?

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Yoda said:

You tell me what his motivation is then?  He'll go where he can get the most money, or back to his boyhood team (Dundee), if he's made his cash.

If he comes to us it will be for money, no other reason.

Players don’t leave English Championship sides to go to Hearts for money.

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Was that during your jollies to the Lytham office, Dave ? 

Hard work down there Jonno. Yes, used to go and watch Blackpool if they were at home midweek. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Had a few visits there myself and enjoyed a few ales in the Tapps bar. 

All at at your company's expense, of course. 

Lovely town. 

Freeloading as usual. 

Don’t know how I feel about signing a player who will spend his days off on sky sports or bbc Scotland giving his opinion on his beloved rangers. He is almost as bad as kris boyd whoring himself for a return. Good player but I’d pass

jamboinglasgow

Certainly would be interesting, technical ability he is fantastic but I unsure about how he will cope if we are trying to be high energy and high pressing. But with other players who can do his running we could cope.

Howdy Doody Jambo
5 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I him coming in stops the young lads getting a game(which it will) then im not sure on it. Also will need to lose a stone pronto.

Spot on, but results first 

20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Interesting.

Ha ha....cryptic from you Notts...naughty.

That's going to get a few people twitchy on here. ?

Adam, Vanecek and Dunne/

Shaughnessy in this window, Naismith, Djoum, Smith and Dikamona getting contracts and a couple of pre-contracts sorted out for next season would be a perfect window imo, if we're being greedy an extra winger would be the cherry on top 

On 01/01/2019 at 01:45, tcjambo said:

Not for me. I would prefer to keep Djoum.

I would prefer to have Charlie Adam, at least we know we'd get effort in every game.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Adam, Vanecek and Dunne/

Shaughnessy in this window, Naismith, Djoum, Smith and Dikamona getting contracts and a couple of pre-contracts sorted out for next season would be a perfect window imo, if we're being greedy an extra winger would be the cherry on top 

Think you're being overly optimistic with all that to be honest 

35 minutes ago, H2 said:

I would prefer to have Charlie Adam, at least we know we'd get effort in every game.

He would add another dimension to our set pieces with his accuracy. The big problem would be how fit he is given he has hardly played this season and has always been prone to being a bit on the heavy side.

If Djoum is leaving this month then we need someone who can come in and play immediately and not need months to work on his fitness aka Amankwa!!!

11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok I'll tell you what I think and hope.

He has made a lot of money out of football already, so I doubt that money is his main priority. 

Hopefully he will be attracted to the club and our ambitions and will be motivated to help us do well, help the youngsters and be influential on and off the park.

A bit like Naismith' s reasons for being here. 

Of course, you may be right so we will see what transpires.

I totally agree with you and I also hope he's made his money and will have other motivators, like being back in Scotland and being part of an ambitious club that could win one of the cups (ie us).

He could potentially have the same impact as Naismith, but I have my doubts.

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He would add another dimension to our set pieces with his accuracy. The big problem would be how fit he is given he has hardly played this season and has always been prone to being a bit on the heavy side.

If Djoum is leaving this month then we need someone who can come in and play immediately and not need months to work on his fitness aka Amankwa!!!

The "Heavy side" won't be a massive issue in our league, it's hardly blessed with the quality in England. We'd only miss Djoum about 1 game in four.

Guest Paul Allen
11 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Don’t know how I feel about signing a player who will spend his days off on sky sports or bbc Scotland giving his opinion on his beloved rangers.

I thought it was common knowledge he is/was a Dundee fan.

11 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Don’t know how I feel about signing a player who will spend his days off on sky sports or bbc Scotland giving his opinion on his beloved rangers. He is almost as bad as kris boyd whoring himself for a return. Good player but I’d pass

Up to him I suppose .........

30 minutes ago, H2 said:

The "Heavy side" won't be a massive issue in our league, it's hardly blessed with the quality in England. We'd only miss Djoum about 1 game in four.

We’re not a pub league and you still need a very good level of fitness to cope. 

Chatting to my barber and he was saying Adam had fallen out of favour with the Stoke management. He also reckons Adam could be a good signing for us. 

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Correct. Djoum has pulled his socks up recently (literally last few games) having done the square root of feck all for us since he became an African champ...its not about ability with Djoum its attitude based...Charlie Adam would boost our starting 11 by some distance if fit and able...

21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Chatting to my barber and he was saying Adam had fallen out of favour with the Stoke management. He also reckons Adam could be a good signing for us. 

Why do you have a barber in Stoke?

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Why do you have a barber in Stoke?

I live in Bath and my barber happens to be a Stoke fan. His son lives up in Inverness due to working on the rigs and supports ICT. 

15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I live in Bath and my barber happens to be a Stoke fan. His son lives up in Inverness due to working on the rigs and supports ICT. 

Ah Bath, similar to Edinburgh in some parts, lovely place. 

:robboyas: It was in the press that he has fallen out of favour and is in talks to agree a severance payment for the remainder of his contract (6 months)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I find the Djoum chat amazing. Been playing every time he gets a run of matches and unselfishly plays anywhere for his manager. 

Our 3rd most important player 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I find the Djoum chat amazing. Been playing every time he gets a run of matches and unselfishly plays anywhere for his manager. 

Agreed, and Adam is not the type of midfielder our manager goes for. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, and Adam is not the type of midfielder our manager goes for. 

Is he not? In the two years before Levein took over as Scotland manager Adam won one cap. In the three years Levein was in charge he won 17.

58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

??

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't go that far , would put berra , souttar , naismith, haring and uche ahead of him in those terms 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Djoum's good spells for Hearts have come when he was trying to get into the national team for the AFCON and again now when his contract is almost up and needs to be in the shop window.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is he not? In the two years before Levein took over as Scotland manager Adam won one cap. In the three years Levein was in charge he won 17.

Last season CL said that Martin wasn’t his type of midfielder, not dynamic enough. Has anyone ever called Charlie dynamic? 

Djoum is a very average player. Can’t remember any wow moments from him. He coasts through matches without impressing me. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Djoum's good spells for Hearts have come when he was trying to get into the national team for the AFCON and again now when his contract is almost up and needs to be in the shop window.

Myth 

31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not saying you're right or wrong but that was a few years ago.  CA is carrying a bit more timber now and is slower, although he never did rely on speed.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not saying you're right or wrong but that was a few years ago.  CA is carrying a bit more timber now and is slower, although he never did rely on speed.

The point stands though - from 24 games in charge of Scotland Levein decided Adam was one of our best two or three central midfield options 17 times, he obviously rates him.

As you say, Charlie's game has never been about covering ground or closing down - losing a yard of pace means much less to a player of Adam's type than to others. 

Edited by Smithee

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Last season CL said that Martin wasn’t his type of midfielder, not dynamic enough. Has anyone ever called Charlie dynamic? 

That was just a slightly more polite way of saying Martin is shite.

Levein's Scotland team was built around Adam in the "quarterback" role.

Adam is touting himself for a move to Rangerrs . 

Any outside chance of getting him would rumble on to the last day of the window. 

He would come to us on default which is never  good thing . Hope we don't get involved tbh . 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/stoke-midfielder-charlie-adam-has-his-say-on-hearts-and-rangers-speculation-1-4851061?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Sevco-rent-a-quote strikes again.

Seriously, if he only wants to go the hun leave him to it. No interest in watching him on Sky with Boyd circlejerking over the hun. Embarrassing. 

He told Press Association Sport: 'At the moment I am still contracted to Stoke but I want to play and hopefully there are opportunities during the window to play somewhere.

'The Rangers thing is something that it would interest me. Absolutely. I have been back more times this season than in the last four or five years. I can see it is going in the right direction.

'Steven has obviously put his authority on the club. The players are playing well, playing with an unbelievable amount of confidence.

'The manager has got it on a playing field where it is competitive and what a hell of a result against Celtic in the last game...

'The tails are up, they have momentum but they know it is going to be a big challenge from now until the end of the season.

'But at the moment there is nothing to it. We are talking up something that is not there but everyone knows I started my career at Rangers, I played in front of 50,000 with the pressure.

'It is something I'd relish and enjoy. I want to play.

'I have played three games for Stoke so it has been frustrating so whoever it may be, I am ready to go and want to contribute.'

And there it is

Samuel Camazzola
On 01/01/2019 at 12:09, FarmerTweedy said:

I just used Keane as an example of a top player that couldn't adapt to Scottish football despite having played for years at a higher level. Joey Barton would be another example, and there are probably others too!

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I think Adam would struggle up here, just that it's not guaranteed that he'd be a success. 

I don't recall Keane not adapting to the Scottish game. Pretty much dominated most of the games I recall. 

In the 3-0 game at Tynecastle after they had clinched the league, he was impressive and you could see how much the result bothered him although several of his teammates looked to have chucked it. Different standards. 

He quoted in his book about his debut against Clyde in the Scottish Cup where they lost 2-1. Hartson got on the team bus with a can of coke and bag of crisps! ?

54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Charlie Adam thinks highly of Craig Levein. Also says its about playing not money now. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46737632

Edited by Mikey1874