Charlie Adam

TurboT

Bazzas right boot

Adam not good enough. 

Sign Allan over Adam. 

Get "rid" of Djoum and replace him with Adam. 

Maclean debacle 

... What are folk smoking? 

I liked the look of Morgan, but he's not proven at a higher level and the chances of Celtic loaning us a player are slim. 

Also, I'd take Adam over Morgan at this time every day of the week. 

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Scott Allan, yer no serious? :rofl: 

He’s dugmeat ffs. The Scottish Maluary Martin. 

Has great vision and his creative play with the ball is second to none would question if he had the bottle to play in a real midfield battle though? 

2 hours ago, Rods said:

forget charlie adam in my book we should be throwing the money at Scott Allan.

I would definitely rather take Allan than Adam. Better long term prospect and the kind of creative player we need imo. Would love to see him in the same team as Naismith and Uche. 

5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would definitely rather take Allan than Adam. Better long term prospect and the kind of creative player we need imo. Would love to see him in the same team as Naismith and Uche. 

Scott Allan was the reason Kamberi and  McLaren were so prolific last season. It's no surprise that neither of the two have had as successful a return in a similar number of games this season. I'm in full agreement that somone who can create chances for our forwards to finish is more than welcome at Hearts.

That's not to say that Adam couldn't do the same, I just feel that Allan would be the better option too all factors considered.

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Has great vision and his creative play with the ball is second to none would question if he had the bottle to play in a real midfield battle though? 

He’s not a Hearts type of player. 

He can only play in a diamond midfield as well or as the 1 behind two strikers, as he needs carried for 90minutes, Neil McCann learned that to his demise, tried it and failed. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

haveyouheard 22

So for some Adams garbage, how did he wing it at such a higher level. i wonder

If he doesnt sign well theirs plenty also rans to fall back on  with plenty to prove 

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Charlie Adam is absolutely miles better than Scott Allan :lol: he's played 9 seasons in the English premier League ffs :lol:

Exactly he HAS and he’s now 33 and overweight 

2 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

He's been fat and shite his whole career according to some. He'd be our best midfielder by some distance if we managed to pull this deal off. I think that's unlikely though.

The Internet

Allan just needs to get himself to hibs and stay there as it's the only place he's able to kick a ball it seems. A really odd underwhelming career for such a midfield maestro. 

I do not doubt Adam's ability for one second. I just feel at 33 and the money he would command, it may not be the best solution. We seem to be very unlucky with our players sustaining long term injuries. 

13 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I do not doubt Adam's ability for one second. I just feel at 33 and the money he would command, it may not be the best solution. We seem to be very unlucky with our players sustaining long term injuries. 

I agree with this, Adam may do a job but surely we have to be a bit more creative than this...

Phil D. Corners
13 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Like Naismith, I’m pretty sure ex premiership players don’t come back to Scottish football for the money. It’s more about the game time.

If he’s after money he might as well stay at Stoke. 

However he’s 33 and in the last 6 months of his deal. So maybe playing on loan at Hearts may prove to people that he’s not rubbish and fat. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or Lewis Morgan someone who might be better suited to what we need. 

Fat chance of Celtic ever loaning us a player tbh wouldnt want to spend money on Allan when it could be used towards Adam or offer Djoum a new deal

Just now, Phil D. Corners said:

Like Naismith, I’m pretty sure ex premiership players don’t come back to Scottish football for the money. It’s more about the game time.

If he’s after money he might as well stay at Stoke. 

However he’s 33 and in the last 6 months of his deal. So maybe playing on loan at Hearts may prove to people that he’s not rubbish and fat. 

Steven Naismith is on loan and still receive's his salary from Norwich to which we make a contribution. Somewhere between £6000-8000 per week according to hearsay. That's not small change to ourselves. If Adam is happy with a modest deal, then fair enough. I'm not sure we should be committing anything similar in an attempt to lure him to Hearts though?

We need someone who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and change it, who will control the midfield.  I think Adam is more likely to do that than Allan

If Adam came here he'd be here to play games and use it the time as an example he can still do it.  He'd be more useful in a tougher game and has tons of top level experience

Allan is easily pushed out a game by tougher opposition in the same area of the park, he's had a decent few spells at hibs but was one of them not in the championship? 

Edited by DarthVodka
typo

The dynamic of Hearts would/could change with a player like Adam. He’d do the Fulton role while others could get beyond him and be picked out, but more importantly let us press teams quicker.

We’d also be able to play two attacking wide players if we wished, one at least.

Don’t underestimate a player who has the quality to retain the ball in midfield under pressure and still able to find a pass.

Phil D. Corners
7 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Steven Naismith is on loan and still receive's his salary from Norwich to which we make a contribution. Somewhere between £6000-8000 per week according to hearsay. That's not small change to ourselves. If Adam is happy with a modest deal, then fair enough. I'm not sure we should be committing anything similar in an attempt to lure him to Hearts though?

Agreed. My assumption is that the agent and Hearts have a number in mind. If not they would not be speaking. I think Hearts need to pay a bit, Stoke need to cover something, and the Adam will need to give up a little. 

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The dynamic of Hearts would/could change with a player like Adam. He’d do the Fulton role while others could get beyond him and be picked out, but more importantly let us press teams quicker.

We’d also be able to play two attacking wide players if we wished, one at least.

Don’t underestimate a player who has the quality to retain the ball in midfield under pressure and still able to find a pass.

Agree - a player with premier league experience could do a great job if given the right role. Plenty of energy in the team to have him slot in. Wages will obviously be an issue but I think he would be a great addition. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I read stuff on here, and I wonder sometimes, what's the point.

Some cracking views and insight isn't there 

7 minutes ago, ColJT22 said:

Agree - a player with premier league experience could do a great job if given the right role. Plenty of energy in the team to have him slot in. Wages will obviously be an issue but I think he would be a great addition. 

Certainly the type of player that we need based some of the other players who are venturing north (i.e Defoe). He would be a solid addition to the team and would definitely add quality.

20 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Great point, I remember Gary Naysmith speaking about how great it was to play with Fulton as he would always take the ball even with one or two players on him.

If Adam was to come until the summer I don't see it as a risk as he'd leave at the end of the season if it didn't work out.

As for Allan, I've never really got the hype, done well at Hibs with McGinn & McGeoch doing the running, but was awful at Dundee in the first half of last season.

Edited by TurboT
update

28 minutes ago, maroon said:

Fat chance of Celtic ever loaning us a player tbh wouldnt want to spend money on Allan when it could be used towards Adam or offer Djoum a new deal

wouldn't want any Celtic player on loan,we would end up beholden to them like many SPL teams let them win titles etc of their own back not by points we have taken of teams courtesy of their players.

2 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Great point, I remember Gary Naysmith speaking about how great it was to play with Fulton as he would always take the ball even with one or two players on him.

If Adam was to come until the summer I don't see it as a risk as he'd leave at the end of the season if it didn't work out.

As for Allan, I've never really got the hype, done well at Hibs with McGinn & McGeoch doing the running, but was awful at Dundee in the first half of last season.

Fulton loved the ball. Morgaro Gomis loved it too 

His performance on the opening day of the Championship season is the best performance I've seen from a Hearts midfielder in years. 

Sevco are getting the band back together, heard they want Adam to try and reduce the average age of the team ?

Unsure about Adam, definitely has good quality and experience both in the Premier League and the national team but being 33 years old comes with a potential big wage, motivation and risk of long term fitness. Certainly strengthen our squad and ideal for set piece deliveries, exciting if anything develops.

54 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Not sure what I can explain further there...

tbf to you, I understood your post immediately. ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Charlie Adam is absolutely miles better than Scott Allan :lol: he's played 9 seasons in the English premier League ffs :lol:

Lol, this. 

What is happening. 

I actually like Allan and would take him, but Ffs Adam is a better player. Why is that even being debated? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gumpert said:

Ffs, Berra is older and played at a lower level. 

33.....folk pulling the head of it over defoe and he's 35.

33 is OK, particularly for a player who has never relied on power, pace and stamina. He can pretty much play the same way he did 10 years ago. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

I think folk are forgetting Allan had Mcginn and McGeough beside him, the game at tynecastle when he didn’t he was anonymous likewise at Dundee and pretty much every other club he’s been at,  he also never lasts 90 minutes! 

Comparing Adam to Allan is like comparing Naismith to Liam Craig

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Now that djoum is most probably away what will this do for us getting Adam?

What are you basing Djoum being probably away on?

Apart from on here I've seen nothing and he is away to Spain with the squad.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

What are you basing Djoum being probably away on?

Apart from on here I've seen nothing and he is away to Spain with the squad.

STV News tonight. CL saying we can’t afford what he wants.

12 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

STV News tonight. CL saying we can’t afford what he wants.

Fair enough, never saw that.

Seems strange to take him to Spain, unless Levein reckons nobody will give him what he is after.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Fair enough, never saw that.

Seems strange to take him to Spain, unless Levein reckons nobody will give him what he is after.

Contracted until end of season. Why wouldn’t we take him to Spain? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Contracted until end of season. Why wouldn’t we take him to Spain? 

I thought the assumption was that he will be off this month.

FarmerTweedy
On 01/01/2019 at 17:02, scotty2442 said:

Can’t see this one happening.....what will happen is we will be linked with him, perhaps show an interest in him.....and then based on current form Gary Rowett will lose his job and Adam will end up staying at Stoke 

You're halfway there!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mcinnes was in the frame for Stoke on the Gossip column earlier, but that has been removed. If he went there, don't think he will to be honest, then Adam I suspect would bounce back into the picture.

Suspect all on hold until Stoke get themselves sorted.

ginger jambo98
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Mcinnes was in the frame for Stoke on the Gossip column earlier, but that has been removed. If he went there, don't think he will to be honest, then Adam I suspect would bounce back into the picture.

Suspect all on hold until Stoke get themselves sorted.

Stoke close to announcing the Luton boss Nathan Jones as new manager maybe even today. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
59 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not surprised. He's been gone too long....

Supreme effort Jonno