• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

Right, as I said his brother works in my work. Asked him as soon as I got in for the low-down.

He said he thinks he'll end up at Hearts. He said it all depends on Stoke paying off the rest of his contract as he won't leave unless he gets it, but he says based on when he spoke to Charlie Hearts have offered him a good deal.

1 hour ago, jamborich said:

Big profit.how

How much did we buy/sell Lafferty for?

We got a good year and some money out of it. 

doctor jambo

Lets face it - we cannot tell how good/bad he would be.

For every success from the EPL there has been a catastrophe.

Clerry Jambo

No surprise but the papers this morning ramping up the Charlie to Huns story  - would love the post earlier about us being a strong possibility becoming reality

pettigrewsstylist

Articles i have read with alleged quotes seem to have him issuing open call to Sevco. Let them have him for me. Spend money on someone who is keener to impress and progress in Maroon.

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Right, as I said his brother works in my work. Asked him as soon as I got in for the low-down.

He said he thinks he'll end up at Hearts. He said it all depends on Stoke paying off the rest of his contract as he won't leave unless he gets it, but he says based on when he spoke to Charlie Hearts have offered him a good deal.

Did he not just say to the press that there’d been no contact from any club? Why would he say that if he was happy with what we’d offered?

Edited by cocobeab

1 minute ago, cocobeab said:

Did he not just say to the press that there’d been no contact from any club? Why would he say that if he was happy with what we’d offered?

To let sevco know he's still available 

6 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Only passing on what I have been told. His brothers words were "i think he will go to Hearts".

Whether that is anything to go by what they have spoke about in private or whether or not thats just what he thinks I don't know, but I believe it would hold more substance than newspaper speculation. He did say though that unless he gets the remainder of his contract paid to leave early he is going nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Only passing on what I have been told. His brothers words were "i think he will go to Hearts".

Whether that is anything to go by what they have spoke about in private or whether or not thats just what he thinks I don't know, but I believe it would hold more substance than newspaper speculation. He did say though that unless he gets the remainder of his contract paid to leave early he is going nowhere.

?

For avoidance of doubt I wasn’t doubting your input at all. Just progressing the discussion. 

Appreciate you taking time to do likewise. Fitba fans love a bit of speculation. All good fun. 

scott herbertson
45 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Thanks for the updates. I’m in the doubtful category re whether that’s the right way to use any funds we have spare but it’s good to know we have the bargaining power to attract players of his calibre

Rocky jamboa

From what Charlie Adam has said himself, there seems to be no substance to this story at all and it appears we haven't even spoken to him or his agent yet!

4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

From what Charlie Adam has said himself, there seems to be no substance to this story at all and it appears we haven't even spoken to him or his agent yet!

Given how much he is waxing lyrical about joining Rangers, I’d rather it stayed that way. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I would prefer not to sign Adam and give Cochrane a run in the team for rest of season if can keep him fit

No reason both couldn't happen. If Djoum has turned down a new deal then would happily see a central midfield 3 of Adam Haring and Cochrane. 

Regardless, at 17 Cochrane doesn't NEED to play week in week out to develop, he's shown he has the footballing ability to play first team football but this seasons injuries have shown what can happen with too much football/training when a teenagers body is growing and developing. Not only that but part of developing as a player includes not only learning from other players but also learning to fight for a place in the team against older, more experienced players.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I would prefer not to sign Adam and give Cochrane a run in the team for rest of season if can keep him fit

Spot on. Moving forward.

Harry Cochrane would benefit playing beside a player of Adam’s quality.  

Cochrane is still very young and it’s easy to forget that because he was heavily involved last season. 

Aside from injury problems,  CL probably and deliberately stepped Harry down a bit from first team duties and signing a few midfielders in the summer told you that would happen also.  

Unless you are something really special you are only going to be drip fed at 17 years of age. 

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

CL In talks now with Charlie Adam 

I think he will have been in unofficial talks for a while.

That interview the other day when he said there’s been no contact is a standard media response.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

I’d be delighted if he signed. He would improve the squad and our starting 11. It’s a no brainer for me.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think if Cochrane and Adam swapped diets for a month they we could have the perfect midfield partnership. :)

I don't think CL would want him an I'd doubt he's fit or a good role model.

If he was fit and focused he'd be a great signing but i just don't see that happening.

If we do bring him in then we're setting ourselves up very narrowly imo, you can't drop Djoum or Haring on current form, Adam would be too expensive to sit on the bench and on top of that Cochrane, Lee and even Bozanic are useful players to bring in when they're on it, stark contrast with our wide options who haven't really shown much at all to deserve a start

Option 1 would be:

_____________Keeper

Smith__Souttar__Berra__Garuccio 

_____Djoum__Haring__Adam

____________Naismith 

________Ikpeazu__Vanecek

Option 2:

___________Keeper

Dikamona__Souttar__Berra

Smith__Haring__Adam__Garuccio

____________Djoum

______Naismith__Ikpeazu/Vanecek

Option 3:

______________Keeper

__Smith__Souttar__Berra__Garuccio

Morrison__Haring__Adam__Mitchell

_________Naismith__Ikpeazu

Could go on forever tbh, it's good to have options but for me I think wide areas are the ultimate priority, God knows how we'll set up if Lee or Clare hit form or if Dunne returns but at the end of the day any XI with wide players in it isn't our best and that's a bit of a problem imo

Edited by BigAlim

26 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Harry Cochrane would benefit playing beside a player of Adam’s quality.  

Cochrane is still very young and it’s easy to forget that because he was heavily involved last season. 

Aside from injury problems,  CL probably and deliberately stepped Harry down a bit from first team duties and signing a few midfielders in the summer told you that would happen also.  

Unless you are something really special you are only going to be drip fed at 17 years of age. 

This.  

alwaysthereinspirit
19 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If he was fit and focused he'd be a great signing but i just don't see that happening.

Well he certainly wont be mistaken for Don Cowie.

People wanting harry cochrane to get a run of games need to remember he is only 17 and not yet ready for full 1st team duties, to expect him to play week in week out and be a standout is abit silly imo and lets face it, if charlie adam does sign it can only benefit harry in the future, i very much doubt itll hinder his progression

Seymour M Hersh
30 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We’re are you getting this from ?

An empty head.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Calebs Grandad

To rule out signing a player as his allegiance lies outwith Tynecastle? We didn’t do that badly with the wee guy Robbo who supported Hibs as a kid, played for Edina Hibs and was offered his first ever contract by Hibs. 

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

To rule out signing a player as his allegiance lies outwith Tynecastle? We didn’t do that badly with the wee guy Robbo who supported Hibs as a kid, played for Edina Hibs and was offered his first ever contract by Hibs. 

That old myth.

10 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

It’s amazing how often the Robbo supported Hibs myth gets repeated on here. He was never a Hibs supporter. That’s from the great man himself.

3 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Thats what I thought as well but I guess it could all be spin? If Stoke know he's happy with what hearts have on the table, they'd probably dig their heels in and say he can take or leave whatever (if any) severance they deem fit. By denying any knowledge of an offer it kinda keeps the ball in his court as he could claim he's uncertain of any future income etc and could well be relying for a while on what he gets from Stoke

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s amazing how often the Robbo supported Hibs myth gets repeated on here. He was never a Hibs supporter. That’s from the great man himself.

That’s correct.

He supported Liverpool as a wee boy.

JamboBornNBred
55 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If he was fit and focused i bet he would be playing for a very poor Stoke City right now.He isnt and that says it all.

Good player a few years back but the fact he cant get into that side does not fill me with confidence.

hearts 4 the cup
1 minute ago, JamboBornNBred said:

If he was fit and focused i bet he would be playing for a very poor Stoke City right now.He isnt and that says it all.

Good player a few years back but the fact he cant get into that side does not fill me with confidence.

Do you think any of our midfielders would get into the stoke team?

Just now, hearts 4 the cup said:

Yes, I think a fit Haring would.

I also think none of our MF are paid Stoke wages.

JamboBornNBred
1 minute ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Thats irrelevant.........................none of our players play for Stoke City

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

Ive had it confirmed about an hour ago that this will definitely happen or not this transfer window.

That’s all we need to know.

:) 

9 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes, I think a fit Haring would.

I also think none of our MF are paid Stoke wages.

Stoke have Joe Allen, Darren Fletcher and Etebo in central midfield (whom they signed for £6.5m in the summer). 

Get real.

JamboBornNBred
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Stoke have Joe Allen, Darren Fletcher and Etebo in central midfield (whom they signed for £6.5m in the summer). 

Get real.

Fletcher is another who is not getting a game.

Bench warmer yet again at the weekend.

So guess what....I am real :)

10 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

Naismith couldn't get a game for a struggling Norwich last season.Sometimes a move just invigorates a player.

JamboBornNBred
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Naismith couldn't get a game for a struggling Norwich last season.Sometimes a move just invigorates a player.

Very true but dont let the fact he was recovering from injury get in the way of your thinking

Just now, JamboBornNBred said:

Very true but dont let the fact he was recovering from injury get in the way of your thinking

He was out of the picture at Norwich.