Charlie Adam

TurboT

SpruceBringsteen

"Would you like a player better than what we've got?"

"Nah, he'd rather be somewhere else"

"Good point mate, literally not one of our entire squad would prefer to be in La Liga"

This website is ****ing bizarre.

:lol:

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

Just seen his interview on SSN. If CL is after him I’d say we are definitely in the running. He spoke very well of the Gaffer.

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

The last thing we need at Tynecastle is another over the hill elderly ex "up to their knees" player. We should be encouraging our talented  young players not bringing ex- Huns so the bigots in Section N are happy.

I doubt that’s any part of the reason he is being considered, if he is indeed being considered. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Naismith/Uche/Morrison/whoever is playing up front or wide. 

Anyway, here's footage of him from September playing a one-two, breaking beyond the defence and setting up a goal (01:40); he also set up the first goal (0:58) by making a similar run from midfield. He might be a bit more dynamic than you give him credit for.

None of those three want balls over the top.

Hes a great player and would obviously make us a better team, that clip is the kind of thing they want the midfield to do right enough. I’ve just got his sauntering over as Bale smashed a shot from distance against Scotland in my head.

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

"Would you like a player better than what we've got?"

"Nah, he'd rather be somewhere else"

"Good point mate, literally not one of our entire squad would prefer to be in La Liga"

This website is ****ing bizarre.

:lol:

If only we had a team full of Brad McKays and Ross Callachans though. Think of the pashun.

It amazes me that a fair few people on here forget about the OF driven agenda when it comes to publishing articles.

There is no danger any news article will have Adam joining any other club except The Rangers.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

None of those three want balls over the top.

Hes a great player and would obviously make us a better team, that clip is the kind of thing they want the midfield to do right enough. I’ve just got his sauntering over as Bale smashed a shot from distance against Scotland in my head.

Thankfully he won't have to worry about Gareth Bale running past him up here :lol:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Thankfully he won't have to worry about Gareth Bale running past him up here :lol:

That is a fair point ?

Tennant's  6's
14 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Just seen his interview on SSN. If CL is after him I’d say we are definitely in the running. He spoke very well of the Gaffer.

Craig is someone I got on extremely well with in the Scotland set up. He's a good manager, an honest guy who speaks his mind, and he's done a great job."

On the BBC website. There dies seem to be a mutual respect there.

Heard him slaverkmg about gers on talk Sport though, so not too fussed either way. 

More concerned about getting Dunne back, maybe Milinkovic, or another high energy forward thinking player. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Prof said:

The last thing we need at Tynecastle is another over the hill elderly ex "up to their knees" player. We should be encouraging our talented  young players not bringing ex- Huns so the bigots in Section N are happy.

Also a fair point, a bit of pace in the forward areas wouldn’t go amiss but it’s not cheap.

Adam would be a good signing, he's played in the English Premier League and has International experience, that could really benefit our younger players in the squad. I don't think he'd play week in week out but would give us another option in the middle and provides some cover if we got any injuries or if we lose one of our midfielders in January.

Rangers are apparently looking at re-signing Steven Davis from Southampton, I doubt they would sign both Davis and Adam. I don't read too much into the media speculation linking Adam with Rangers, you just have to think what headline would sell more papers and get more clicks, Charlie Adam to Hearts or Charlie Adam to Rangers.

31 minutes ago, Prof said:

Lafferty and Naismith are your two recent examples I assume? Not that bad if you ask me. Craig Levein and the Hearts hierarchy will not give the slightest hoop wether the Section N “bigots” as you class them are happy or not.

6 minutes ago, Statto said:

Adam would be a good signing, he's played in the English Premier League and has International experience, that could really benefit our younger players in the squad. I don't think he'd play week in week out but would give us another option in the middle and provides some cover if we got any injuries or if we lose one of our midfielders in January.

Rangers are apparently looking at re-signing Steven Davis from Southampton, I doubt they would sign both Davis and Adam. I don't read too much into the media speculation linking Adam with Rangers, you just have to think what headline would sell more papers and get more clicks, Charlie Adam to Hearts or Charlie Adam to Rangers.

:greatpost:

There's better, younger players out there that wouldn't cost as much in wages... 

If he came and done the business for us, the media would run another campaign for him to go back to saveco for the start of the new season... and obviously for a pathetic fee. 

TyphoonJambo

A spine of Berra, Adams and Naismith would rip this league up for ass paper 

1 hour ago, Prof said:

44 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Also a fair point, a bit of pace in the forward areas wouldn’t go amiss but it’s not cheap.

Quite probably the most bizzare post of the year and would be gobsmacked if it's beaten over the next 12 months.

Congratulations Prof, and special mention to PfK for agreeing.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Utter simpleton. 

No wonter people hate JKB with comments like that ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

There's better, younger players out there that wouldn't cost as much in wages... 

If he came and done the business for us, the media would run another campaign for him to go back to saveco for the start of the new season... and obviously for a pathetic fee. 

Hope there is but cannot think of any who are free in this window.

cardboardcutout

Are we to dismiss every Scottish player we have cos they weren’t jambos by birth?  Adam would like Naismith do a great job for us and his previous clubs are an irrelevance! We have everything Adam needs to thrive at this stage of his career and I’m sure money isn’t his main concern anymore. He would make us better so welcome if poss!

53 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Quite probably the most bizzare post of the year and would be gobsmacked if it's beaten over the next 12 months.

:clyay:genuinely laughed out loud. Nicely worded and fully agree with you if you read my previous post regarding Prof’s statement ???

I think Adam would be a great signing for us. I’ve always felt that CL’s plan was to have a mixture of youth and experience, similar to the side he played in in the mid 80s. Adam could inject a great deal of creativity into a midfield which has sometimes lacked much of it.

The_razors_edge
22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Gerrard won't want him, he's slated him before iirc.

IIRC he slaughtered him in his autobiography 

Ricardo Shillyshally
24 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Gerrard won't want him, he's slated him before iirc

That's assuming Gerrard has a say in these matters. 

Sevco signing Lafferty, now maybe Davies and Adam. Surely he has a wider knowledge of the game than ex players and boyhood fans of the club he manages.

Seems to me that someone else is pulling strings when it comes to this

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

Charlie Adam lives and breathes Rangers. 

Do you want another Lafferty? He's probably worse than Lafferty in that regard actually. 

Forget him. 

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Do you want another Lafferty? He's probably worse than Lafferty in that regard actually. 

Forget him. 

19 goals in a season? Wouldn't mind it really. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Forget him. 

He's a Dundee fan, on record as wanting to play for them before he retires

1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That's assuming Gerrard has a say in these matters. 

Sevco signing Lafferty, now maybe Davies and Adam. Surely he has a wider knowledge of the game than ex players and boyhood fans of the club he manages.

Seems to me that someone else is pulling strings when it comes to this

Most likely their DOF seeing as that is his job! 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

HAHAH  is he fffffffffffffffffffffffffck

He's a delusional rangers fan. 

Yep

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1688586/former-rangers-star-charlie-adam-dundee-hopes/

We all grew up supporting Dundee in my family, even though dad played for the other side.

I trained with Dundee and Dundee United. They both had opportunities to sign me but I wasn’t good enough — that’s what my dad got told. From both teams actually.

I’ve played for Dundee twice now in testimonials and it was great.

You never know, it might happen one day but I wouldn’t want to come back just to fill a jersey.

Plenty of other quotes out there, knock yourself out

3 hours ago, jumpship said:

But as you say that would mean he would have done well for us, so whats the problem ?

Personally the wages would be too high but no denying he would absolutely improve us to say otherwise is madness.

Edited by Jamboelite

portobellojambo1

He seems to be a player that is creating quite extreme responses at both ends of the spectrum. Some in favour of him are possibly going a wee bit overboard, and yet more recently there has been huge negative responses due to a link placed on here. I said earlier in this thread I wouldn't be disappointed if he did arrive but neither would I be disappointed if he didn't. In the link placed on here he spoke positively about both us and Rangers, which in itself suggests he just wants to go somewhere to play football. I agree with others who have said it is highly unlikely Rangers will try to sign both Steve Davis and Adam (someone at work told me today the Davis deal has been done, but clearly it hasn't as yet). My thoughts remain the same if he does sign I won't be disappointed by that, but there again if he goes somewhere else so be it. But to react negatively to a link in which he spoke positively about both clubs seems a bit strange.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Prof said:

I really hope this was tongue-in-cheek! ?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, JyTees said:

It’s only been two days, give me a week ??

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He seems to be a player that is creating quite extreme responses at both ends of the spectrum. Some in favour of him are possibly going a wee bit overboard, and yet more recently there has been huge negative responses due to a link placed on here. I said earlier in this thread I wouldn't be disappointed if he did arrive but neither would I be disappointed if he didn't. In the link placed on here he spoke positively about both us and Rangers, which in itself suggests he just wants to go somewhere to play football. I agree with others who have said it is highly unlikely Rangers will try to sign both Steve Davis and Adam (someone at work told me today the Davis deal has been done, but clearly it hasn't as yet). My thoughts remain the same if he does sign I won't be disappointed by that, but there again if he goes somewhere else so be it. But to react negatively to a link in which he spoke positively about both clubs seems a bit strange.

He was positive about Levein, not Hearts.

5 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Yes, an article in which Naismith says all the same stuff Adam is saying. That hasn't worked out too badly.

To put it mildly !

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

He's a Dundee fan, on record as wanting to play for them before he retires

Niemi is on record as wanting to play for us before he retires too. Djoum is on record as wanting a new contract with us.  Footballers do splaff some shit.

2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Forget him. 

Apart from being a boyhood Dundee fan. 

Do do I want someone to come in and do a great job for a season and then move on for big profit? Yes. 

4 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Forget him. 

....and the winner of the most ???? post of 2019 so far is......

Unknown user
6 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Niemi is on record as wanting to play for us before he retires too. Djoum is on record as wanting a new contract with us.  Footballers do splaff some shit.

Not really the point I was making though, he's a Dundee fan

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apart from being a boyhood Dundee fan. 

Do do I want someone to come in and do a great job for a season and then move on for big profit? Yes. 

Big profit.how