Charlie Adam

TurboT

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I totally agree! I was just replying to someone who was wondering whether Cochrane is still rated by the coaching staff. He most definitely is!

Yeah, 100% and folk need to realise loaning him isn't a bad thing if it happens!. 

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

A loan would be good for the kid. As long as he has the right attitude and doesn't see it as being a bad thing. Cracking player and he will have his chance at Hearts eventually. 

My thinking. 

He's better playing 4/5 games for a Dundee Utd or qos than playing 1/2 in five for us. 

Just my personal opinion. 

FarmerTweedy
Just now, pablo said:

Apparently Craig said at the AGM that in that particular case he was giving Harry 60 mins to get him up to speed for the weekend, only for him to get crocked on 59 minutes!

The lad has been desperately unlucky this season, otherwise he'd have played a part.

He did indeed say that. He would have started against Aberdeen had it not been for that injury. 

I don't think we'll see Cochrane going out on loan, simply because when he gets fit, he'll be playing for us!

Corstorphine Jambo

Charlie Adam would bring a range of passing that I don’t personally believe our current midfield provides. Dead ball delivery is also very good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Charlie Adam would bring a range of passing that I don’t personally believe our current midfield provides. Dead ball delivery is also very good.

Seems to be pissing everyone off in Stoke. Quite opinionated.

Appreciate it's a talented player but this is not Steven Naismith by any means 

Absolute Scenes
33 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Tbf, I meant the Dundee lad. 

You're scenerio is better tho. ?

Kamara?

Corstorphine Jambo
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yes, my assessment is based purely on his football ability. No idea what he’s like off the pitch. I’m sure that will all be considered - if of course this isn’t all just another rumour!

FarmerTweedy
58 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

My thinking. 

He's better playing 4/5 games for a Dundee Utd or qos than playing 1/2 in five for us. 

Just my personal opinion. 

My view would be that if it was one or two starts for us, he'd be better staying with us, playing with and against a higher standard of player, but if he was only getting one or two sub appearances, he'd be better going on loan for a bit.

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

At the AGM last month, CL was singing Harry's praises, and made clear he'd be a regular in the team but for the fact he's had a number of injuries. 

That’s good to know. He needs to be getting the chances if he’s to fulfil his potential and show that our Academy is doing its  job.

BackOfTheNet

Made no secret that I don’t want Adam to sign. I think that for the wages he would require he would not be worthwhile. I’m not denying his talent, and if Djoum is to go then Adam being left footed may fit into the midfield more naturally than Djoum being shoehorned in on the left as he is so often unfortunately for him. But Adam’s played less than 20 games in a season and a half, and not because he’s been injured. As others have touched on, he’s not exactly known for harmonising the dressing room either. All this taken into consideration, spending wages that we’d have to on him may not be wise.

37 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Did he play with Naismith at Der Hun?

He would have as Adam was at Rangers from 2003 - 2009 and Naismith from 2007 - 2012.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He would have as Adam was at Rangers from 2003 - 2009 and Naismith from 2007 - 2012.

Cheers bud. Really couldn't be arsed looking it up

4 hours ago, benny said:

Sign a player that would become the best passer and striker of a ball at the club and folk are against it.?

This. 

Can’t see this one happening.....what will happen is we will be linked with him, perhaps show an interest in him.....and then based on current form Gary Rowett will lose his job and Adam will end up staying at Stoke 

All roads lead to Gorgie

His legs may have gone but if he can ping it about like Baggio Fulton used to do then get him signed. We have the work horses to do the hard work already and Adam could provide the spark we lack right now. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Kamara?

Warnock at Cardiff has confirmed he is after Kamara.

Suspect that prices us out of the running! 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Made no secret that I don’t want Adam to sign. I think that for the wages he would require he would not be worthwhile. I’m not denying his talent, and if Djoum is to go then Adam being left footed may fit into the midfield more naturally than Djoum being shoehorned in on the left as he is so often unfortunately for him. But Adam’s played less than 20 games in a season and a half, and not because he’s been injured. As others have touched on, he’s not exactly known for harmonising the dressing room either. All this taken into consideration, spending wages that we’d have to on him may not be wise.

At 34 he ain't going to get any better either

No thanks. Guaranteed he would not be motivated and it sounds like his career is bookended by spells of dreaful unprofessionalism.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, The Comedian said:

:trippin:

If we can we should sign Adam. Long as he's fit and in shape.

What shape? Beach ball??

BackOfTheNet
29 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

At 34 he ain't going to get any better either

Quite. And I’m not sure what those who are desperate to get him in have seen in the last year and half, because he’s not played enough to show anything. Unless they just like the cut of his jib on the radio and think that players stay at the same level throughout their careers and don’t decline with age or anything.

LarrysRightFoot
39 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ryan Gauld ?

Went on loan to a Portuguese 2nd division team. Scored a double the other day.

Think he’d be good for us. His technical ability is a level above most in this league. Naismith for sure would love playing with him. 

His age and fitness are a concern but he is definitely a good player. Would take him. 

Better than Djoum? Not sure about that.

weegie jambo

No doubting his ability in the past, but has he still got it?  I'm sure CL will be checking on his fitness levels and just as importantly his character suitability for the club. All our new signings seem to "get the club" and Adam would have to fit in there as well as having the footballing ability too. I don't want a has been playing out to his pension at Hearts!

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Heard CA on BBC Scotland radio a few months ago. He sounded as thick as mince. Just sayin'. ?

Its Hearts we're talking about him joining....not fekkin mensa!

If there's even a remote possibility of signing Charlie Adam then you do everything you can to get him, class player with top drawer technical ability at this level.

2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Wonder how much percentage there is of him actually joining? 

Think 100% of him will actually join ?

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Arent they pissed off after he called out half the squad for being, with the want of a better phrase, wage thief’s?

regardless of his issues there, CL has managed him before so will know exactly what CA is like in the dressing room, if we sign him then it’s obvious CL doesn’t have concerns on that front!

Edited by Ribble

Jack Torrance

I was just watching a thing on Sky and Adam got a mention. They brought up that Alex Ferguson rated him highly. He was asked about his signing fee at the time and Alex was quoted as saying his corner kicks alone, were worth £10m.

I’d be happy to see him sign for us. Reckon we’d get a couple of good seasons out of him.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/6701925/fergie-adam-worth-10m

Edited by Jack Torrance

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Arent they pissed off after he called out half the squad for being, with the want of a better phrase, wage thief’s?

regardless of his issues there, CL has managed him before so will know exactly what CA is like in the dressing room, if we sign him then it’s obvious CL doesn’t have concerns on that front!

Yeah and Lambert got slated too

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

No thanks. Guaranteed he would not be motivated and it sounds like his career is bookended by spells of dreaful unprofessionalism.

Agreed.  He'll be looking for one final top-up on the old pension.

Can't see him being very motivated.

The Internet
37 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Agreed.  He'll be looking for one final top-up on the old pension.

Can't see him being very motivated.

Aye cannae beat the lucrative contracts on offer in Scotland. 

Glamorgan Jambo

One of the best strikers of a ball I've seen in my decades watching football. If he could still ping the crosses in to Vanacek/Uchi we'd have a hack of an attacking threat. On the other hand one of the worst defenders I've seen in recent years. It would all depend on how fit he is. Would he need half a season to bed in a la Naismith? I'll trust Craig's judgement on this. He's made his money with his Liverpool and Stoke contracts.

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You don't have a clue about his motivation. 

You tell me what his motivation is then?  He'll go where he can get the most money, or back to his boyhood team (Dundee), if he's made his cash.

If he comes to us it will be for money, no other reason.