Charlie Adam

TurboT

Charlie Adam could literally not leave the centre circle, receive the ball from defence and play forward passes to the strikers and that would improve us vastly. I’d fancy him to get even get 1 or 2 goals from his customised centre circle position. If he can run a bit and takes free kicks, pens and corners he would have a Berra / Naismith / Lafferty level of impact.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Charlie Adam could literally not leave the centre circle, receive the ball from defence and play forward passes to the strikers and that would improve us vastly. I’d fancy him to get even get 1 or 2 goals from his customised centre circle position. If he can run a bit and takes free kicks, pens and corners he would have a Berra / Naismith / Lafferty level of impact.

Ala Jim Bett? 

Now that was a quality footballer 

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No official approach but the sun believes we have expressed an interest.

No official link to him other than a made up bit in the sun.

We expressed an interest at least the last two windows...

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

So whoever doesn't want him to sign is either still drunk or knows nothing about football. 

I'm both. :(

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Seriously? 

I've had nothing, thought I was back in the loop. 

I wanna be in that loop. ?

Adam would be good, if we get the correct balance around him. 

We'd need energy, tenacity and drive to make up for his lack of it. 

Might be too big an ask. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wages? Reluctant to give up on English football?

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Dont agree with the Roy Keane comparison, Keano was a solid in ur face tough tackler box to box kind of player, Adam imo plays a bit more football than Keane did and is technically better. Keane was brilliant but Adams experience would help our midfield massively. 

I just used Keane as an example of a top player that couldn't adapt to Scottish football despite having played for years at a higher level. Joey Barton would be another example, and there are probably others too!

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I think Adam would struggle up here, just that it's not guaranteed that he'd be a success. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wages? Reluctant to give up on English football?

Not sure mate , possibly a combination of both. Just know we enquired. 

Edited by sadj

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They are just not the same kind of player so comparisons are crazy. Would take Adam in a heart beat ; he brings balance and creativity , and we're crying out for that right now. 

It's not crazy at all.

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Or his agent has claimed such to get some movement in the press.

I think Adam could do a job for us but dont want us being used to boost interest in a player that has no desire to play for us.

Transfer windows....you've got to love them!!

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

We have been after him for years. Came close in the summer.

Assuming his present contract was the big stumbling block in the summer?

Just now, Armageddon said:

Let's sign Scott Allan just for the banter

Adam would probably still be less knackered after sixty minutes.

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

Happy New Year, Guv.

You too, Jonno.

Rock and roll. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

People saying no to Charlie Adam hahahahahahah roasters

On paper. But I doubt it is quite as clear cut  as that. Life has taught me it rarely ever is

Tennant's  6's

Dreaming of a January window that brings us Vanecek,  Dunne, Milinkovic, Adam.

Unlikely, but what a final push to the season players of that calibre would give 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Unlikely, but what a final push to the season players of that calibre would give 

I would forgive Milinkovic. Bit of a tube but he was good in this league. Counts for a good bit in my view 

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sorry,meant nothing in the story to link us to him.

Yeah, I know, was just kidding!

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I did it twice just for you. 

You’re welcome :P

Masochist!

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

On paper. But I doubt it is quite as clear cut  as that. Life has taught me it rarely ever is

In all honesty the boy is the cut above all else in the league much like Naismith. Stoke city...even at 34 he would romp the league.

21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

We have been after him for years. Came close in the summer.

Was it a loan or permanent in summer? I'm guessing loan but wishing for permanent 

He would improve us.

He's easily capable of playing for another one or two seasons at this level. 

He isn't as energetic as a lot of fans like to see but Haring/Djoum/Cochrane etc could compensate for that. He doesn't need to be all action because he is very good at making the ball do the work for him.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, S Form said:

I’m in the cynical category with this one. I would rather we give Harry Cochrane more chances, unless, of course, the coaching team have decided that he’s not going to make it.

At the AGM last month, CL was singing Harry's praises, and made clear he'd be a regular in the team but for the fact he's had a number of injuries. 

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm not in the know.

Good afternoon to you all.

That’s exactly what someone in the know would say...?

9 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

At the AGM last month, CL was singing Harry's praises, and made clear he'd be a regular in the team but for the fact he's had a number of injuries. 

Could see McDonald going on loan but not Cochrane. 

He would likely have played games if not for recent reserve injury. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, jacko said:

If this happens (a big IF), I'd guess Naismith is off

I've no idea what Naismith actually thinks of Adam as a player, but I think one of the things Naismith would want to see before signing permanently for us would be that we're showing serious ambition. I think signing Adam would show a lot of ambition, so might actually help us to keep Naismith.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

With Smith, Djoum, Souttar and Naismith all signing two year deals /extensions with Cadden and Kamberi to come in the summer on pre contracts. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I've no idea what Naismith actually thinks of Adam as a player, but I think one of the things Naismith would want to see before signing permanently for us would be that we're showing serious ambition. I think signing Adam would show a lot of ambition, so might actually help us to keep Naismith.

Yip. 

Would think that would be a thing. 

The Comedian
11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Not for me. I would prefer to keep Djoum.

:trippin:

If we can we should sign Adam. Long as he's fit and in shape.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Personally I think he’s exactly the type of signing we need in midfield.

Rangers are his most likely destination but I’m sure there were rumours that Gerrard wasn’t his biggest fan in their Liverpool days (that could be nonsense though). Also not sure they would sign him and Davis as they both play at the base of midfield. 

Sure it was Craig Bellamy who slated Adam big time at Liverpool for the way he looked (or didn’t in his case) after himself. Wouldn’t be surprised if Gerrard felt the same. 

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Pirlo on pies

Brilliant?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yeah, but putting a 17 year old out on loan is not writing him off, it's just getting him game time if he can't get it here atm. 

If the club decide to pursue this and it happens I will support the decision in the hope it’s the right one, I do though have reservations and if we are paying a lot by our standards and/or it’s a long term deal then we shouldn’t. Always thought he was a wee bit fortunate in the moves he got whilst recognising he could ping a ball,as said before it’s a fast physical league where sometimes endeavour trumps ability so he would have to get time and the chances to use what he has. Pace he has never had and I never thought he looked the fittest so at 33 that’s my reasoning, nothing against him just a bit dubious as well as noting that it further holds back the youngsters in our squad.

if it happens hope it works

FarmerTweedy
59 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

What's he like at taking penalties  :kirk:

Doesn't matter. We only get penalties these days when games are already over as a contest!

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

With Smith, Djoum, Souttar and Naismith all signing two year deals /extensions with Cadden and Kamberi to come in the summer on pre contracts. 

Can you imagine ?? Kamberi signs and scores 20+ for us in six months. Leith would implode

As many have said already, he would be a level above most of the team. I will be surprised if it happens but make no mistake it would be a massive coup.

Levein always has a strong spine to the team. Get the goal keeper situation sorted and what a spine we would have. Berra/Soapy, Haring/Adam and Naismith/Uche/Vanacek (could be anything). U could throw in any 4 or 5 averages players and that team would compete with most.

Absolute Scenes

Folks concerned with Adams fitness and being able to handle the game....you do remember he started his career in the SPL? I also think it’s no coincidence Naismith has also found form returning to the SPL because it’s a league he knows and can’t forget, having spent a lot of time playing Scottish Football. I think the same applies to Adam. 

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yeah, but putting a 17 year old out on loan is not writing him off, it's just getting him game time if he can't get it here atm. 

A loan would be good for the kid. As long as he has the right attitude and doesn't see it as being a bad thing. Cracking player and he will have his chance at Hearts eventually. 

FarmerTweedy
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I totally agree! I was just replying to someone who was wondering whether Cochrane is still rated by the coaching staff. He most definitely is!

26 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

tenor.gif

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He would likely have played games if not for recent reserve injury. 

Apparently Craig said at the AGM that in that particular case he was giving Harry 60 mins to get him up to speed for the weekend, only for him to get crocked on 59 minutes!

The lad has been desperately unlucky this season, otherwise he'd have played a part.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can you imagine ?? Kamberi signs and scores 20+ for us in six months. Leith would implode

Tbf, I meant the Dundee lad. 

You're scenerio is better tho. ?