Charlie Adam

TurboT

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I reckon he will end up at Dundee, happy to play for a vastly reduced salary just to turn out for his boyhood heroes. 

Didn't know that's how you spell Rangers.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

If as rumoured Djoum turns out to be leaving then I think that’s how we will be getting him in. Appreciate that is 2 different players to an extent but if we get a fee and djoums wages off our bill then I think that’s how we would get Adam

whilst we might be a bit congested in that area, we shouldn’t be not looking to get him, if the deal is right.

concern is how hard will he try against Rangers. I know that sounds daft but apart from the fact he is free to leave Stoke the only not other press I’ve read of him lately is him hooring himself off to Ibrox.

This could be like when we signed Jim bett.similar in age and about as mobile but what a player!!!if we could get rid of some of the deadwood in our squad I,d take him.

Forever Hearts
43 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Didn't know that's how you spell Rangers.

He's from Dundee and supported Dundee as a kid. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's from Dundee and supported Dundee as a kid. 

Aye, so is/did Derek Johnstone.

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No it shouldn’t. The guy has not been at the top of his performances for a couple of seasons at least. 

Speaking as someone who rates him highly, and who would like to see us sign him, I don’t see him as some kind of ‘wow’ signing at this stage of his career. I would not need to pinch myself if we struck a deal with him, and he would not tear the premiership apart.

Did he ever do that regularly? I don’t remember that being the case.

He'd walk straight in team  same as Naismith and Berra do . 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Agreed. Adam has always been a phenomenal passer of the ball but his workrate has always been in question. At his age as well, the games could easily pass him by.

That’s where I am tbh. No doubting his ability but he hasn’t played much for what, a couple of seasons now? Always been a bit of a heavy hole as well. 

Youd take him on loan anyway to suss it out. 

Would be an excellent signing. But he's been desperate to get to rangers for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there instead.

Undoubtedly a very good player but he would probably slow the tempo of our midfield down, that said his range of passing is top notch. 

It's a yes from me, though tempered by the wish to see more of Harry Cochrane in the team

I’m in the cynical category with this one. I would rather we give Harry Cochrane more chances, unless, of course, the coaching team have decided that he’s not going to make it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

OF course it’s about balance and to play 5 cm’s is ridiculous as you are aware, that would never happen anyway, Adam would go straight into this team alongside Haring in the middle. This is a Charlie Adam thread not a thread on wingers, I agree that’s pace and width is probably more a priority but if he became available we would be foolish to not sign him, all imo of course.

That's fair. All I'm pointing out that if signing him meant we couldn't strengthen other areas then I wouldn't do it.

24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s where I am tbh. No doubting his ability but he hasn’t played much for what, a couple of seasons now? Always been a bit of a heavy hole as well. 

Youd take him on loan anyway to suss it out. 

Yea , I was excited about signing Naismith and Berra . Signing Adam ? Could be a good signing but doesn't bother me if we don't

That article is just a lot of ifs, buts and maybes. No substance whatsoever.

A year ago I’d have taken Adam in a heartbeat but he’s been hooring himself to Rangers for a while now. 

LarrysRightFoot

Personally I think he’s exactly the type of signing we need in midfield.

Rangers are his most likely destination but I’m sure there were rumours that Gerrard wasn’t his biggest fan in their Liverpool days (that could be nonsense though). Also not sure they would sign him and Davis as they both play at the base of midfield. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

bringonthesevco
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As a say just my opinion , we pretty strong in midfield already and need to have pathway for our youngsters coming through 

I don’t think we are strong in midfield , we are in terms of numbers but not in terms of class ... if Djoum is off , I’m not convinced that Lee, Bozanic (or remember Edwards !) are good enough if we want to be challenging so it’s a big YES from me and he’ll undoubtedly help Harry develop as well ...

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How shit a signing will he be when he goes to rangurs?

Rangers look like resigning Steven Davis.....I doubt they’ll go for Adam too.

Plus.....don’t think Gerrard rates Adam after their time together at Liverpool.

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Dont agree with the Roy Keane comparison, Keano was a solid in ur face tough tackler box to box kind of player, Adam imo plays a bit more football than Keane did and is technically better. Keane was brilliant but Adams experience would help our midfield massively. 

Charlie Adam is a technically better player than Roy Keane? Come on FFS.

way out west jambo

This has the potential to be another Naismith or Lafferty type signing that will improve our team. We should go for this if it’s possible.

41 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Penalties and free kicks would be sorted. Would definitely have too many central midfielders though.

Ludicrous conclusion , soon as he pulled on a Hearts top he’d lose any penalty taking ability. ?

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How shit a signing will he be when he goes to rangurs?

Do the hun need Charlie Adam? Through gritted teeth, their midfield looks pretty impressive and that's before Murphy and Dorrans return from injury. 

Although Charlie Adam is undoubtedly a quality player, I would have to say no for a few reasons. Pace, although he can pick a pass out, we need pace in our team. Work rate, Charlie Adam for me is not hard enough working in some matches & we need grafters in the middle. Age, I would prefer to see us pick up a younger midfielder that is both affordable & one we can sell on if the money was right. Charlie Adam is getting on a bit. All in all, I see him as a luxury signing & there may perhaps be better options out there, not that I'm in the know. 

In principle he would quite obviously add quality to the team.     But as well as his quality,    what Naismith adds is supreme application and professionalism.     Second to none.      Adam's undoubted quality might be obvious but the question is over how near he could get to being as influential as Naismith.     It's an unknown.      

Quality player -but has fitness issues. 

If his desire is still there, I'm certain he'd do well for any team outwith the Glasgow cheeks. 

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They are just not the same kind of player so comparisons are crazy. Would take Adam in a heart beat ; he brings balance and creativity , and we're crying out for that right now. 

Agree. We don’t really have that type of player in midfield. 

He’s someone that would see what’s ahead of him quicker and be a good link from midfield to Uche and Naismith. 

Adam is another one who’ll want to play as much football as he can in his latter years and heading back to home to Scotland again, like Naismith, may be in his thoughts?

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

@Barack is the only one out of them who is ITK. He’s already been on the PMs this morning. Exciting times ahead. ?

I’ll take a PM mate. See if it matches up with what I’ve heard ??

Edited by To Be Frank

PaulHartley10
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ludicrous conclusion , soon as he pulled on a Hearts top he’d lose any penalty taking ability. ?

Ain't that the truth ??

Stevie Fulton was the first player I thought of when I heard this rumour. Can get a bit chunky but what a player if we can get him fit.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’ll take a PM mate. See if it matches up with what I’ve heard ??

Sent. Send it on to @sadjif you like but confirm with Barack first. ?

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In principle he would quite obviously add quality to the team.     But as well as his quality,    what Naismith adds is supreme application and professionalism.     Second to none.      Adam's undoubted quality might be obvious but the question is over how near he could get to being as influential as Naismith.     It's an unknown.      

I agree with the above. I think we may already have the player at the club in Haring that we need to take control of the middle of the park, and has performed very well while needing an operation and I suspect has the potential to go a lot further once fully fit. I agree that if he does come he will bring the sort of application that seems to be symptomatic of ex old firm players, where playing isn't enough, it needs to be all about playing to win and accepting nothing less.

If he does come back North I'd think we have a chance as I cannot see Rangers wanting him, they seem to be more interested in getting Steve Davis back from Southampton, although the sticking point there could be the money Rangers can offer. I wouldn't be disappointed if he came to us, but I have to say I'd also not be disappointed if he didn't arrive. If we are looking for another player who can play the midfield role in Scottish football and can pass the ball very well I'd prefer us to aim our sights at Kamara of Dundee.

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not for me, puts Cochrane and McDonald further back in my opinion 

Cochrane is 17! Two year deal for Adam and Cochrane is 19 when he retires. Cochrane would have learnt an enormous amount about the game from a very good midfield player. I think that kind of midfield signing is essential for his development.

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Agree with that - not sure how he would fit with the team spirit we have developed. I think as ling as Berra haring and Naismith are playing we have the spine of the team sorted 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1st January. 

New window. 

New optimism. 

31 days of smashing my keyboard. 

Do you want to be my boyfriend?

If rangers don't want him, as suggested, we are probably in with a great shout. Hearts are an exciting club to join just now and we have a lot to offer him.

As for people complaining about having too many central midfielders, you do realise injuries occur....

56 minutes ago, jacko said:

If this happens (a big IF), I'd guess Naismith is off

I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone came up with this

34 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

@Barack is the only one out of them who is ITK. He’s already been on the PMs this morning. Exciting times ahead. ?

Seriously? 

I've had nothing, thought I was back in the loop.