• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

Tynecastlesmychurch

Hmmm. Unless we have any long term injuries in midfield I can't see it happening. We don't need him otherwise. Although you would think he would strengthen us he has years of premier league experience.

Gorgie_Rules

Folk are off their head if they think he isn’t a level above our squad, would be a great addition.

Can’t see it happening but did say the same about Berra and Naismith.

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Folk are off their head if they think he isn’t a level above our squad, would be a great addition.

Correct. You can never have enough good players 

Charlie Adam is a class act. He can ping it for fun 

Exactly the type of player we need in midfield, he would control the midfield, like Naismith does upfront and Berra does in defence. Some coup if Craig pulls this off !

Geoff Kilpatrick

Central midfield is an area where we are strong with Haring and Lee and Bozanic backing them up. I'd rather see us prioritising a wide player with pace not called Milinkovic.

That said, if Haring does have a number of weeks out after finally getting his op then bringing in someone like Adam will steady the ship.

FarmerTweedy
29 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No actual link at all.

TurboT definitely posted a link! I'm not clicking on a link to that rag though! 

If we can can get him then of course we should, it’s a no brainer. Having Berra at the back and Adam in the middle with Naismith up top or Just behind the striker is exactly the kind of spine we need, his experience would be superb in the middle for us which is what we lack. 

FarmerTweedy
16 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yes for me.  Even past his prime he'd stroll this league.

I'm not entirely sure, tbh. Don't get me wrong, he undoubtedly is, or certainly has been, a cut above pretty much anybody in the SPFL, but I do think there's a possibility that the particular nature of the game up here might largely pass him by. That may sound a bit daft, but Roy Keane was a better player than Adam, and it didn't go well for him up here!

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not entirely sure, tbh. Don't get me wrong, he undoubtedly is, or certainly has been, a cut above pretty much anybody in the SPFL, but I do think there's a possibility that the particular nature of the game up here might largely pass him by. That may sound a bit daft, but Roy Keane was a better player than Adam, and it didn't go well for him up here!

Agreed. Adam has always been a phenomenal passer of the ball but his workrate has always been in question. At his age as well, the games could easily pass him by.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

A midfield pivot of Haring and Adam would be tough, technical and well balanced.

Fancy coach speak but I agree. I think for a few years he'd be a useful signing

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I see your point, can't argue with it as we have no idea of his appetite and commitment levels towards Hearts. If he was confident, fit and up for it, I'd take him. Technically he'd be up there with the best in the league.

Dont agree with the Roy Keane comparison, Keano was a solid in ur face tough tackler box to box kind of player, Adam imo plays a bit more football than Keane did and is technically better. Keane was brilliant but Adams experience would help our midfield massively. 

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They are just not the same kind of player so comparisons are crazy. Would take Adam in a heart beat ; he brings balance and creativity , and we're crying out for that right now. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They are just not the same kind of player so comparisons are crazy. Would take Adam in a heart beat ; he brings balance and creativity , and we're crying out for that right now. 

Agree 100%. Shite comparison, we would be struggling to find a player of his ability to sign for us this window, 2 year deal. The likes of Cochrane would learn hugely having him for a couple of seasons. It’s a yes from me ??

Depends how fit he is.

He’s not got pace but he’s got a belter of a left foot and try knocking fatty Adam of the ball. He’s a big strong guy who can pass the ball with accuracy into forward positions. We’ve not really got that. 

He might not be able to run but he can still do this. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Depends how fit he is.

He’s not got pace but he’s got a belter of a left foot and try knocking fatty Adam of the ball. He’s a big strong guy who can pass the ball with accuracy into forward positions. We’ve not really got that. 

He might not be able to run but he can still do this. 

And that right there is what we need from our midfield, crying out for it tbh. Get him signed. 

Thread should be closed as soon as some says do we need him 

He'd walk into our team ......close thread

Edited by jambocub
Spelling

I’ve said for at least 2 years we need experience in defence midfield and up top. Not just experienced players but ones that that effectively be 3 captains within there own 3 areas....Berra Adam Naismith...that’s your three right there 

2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

:spoton:

He'd be an unbelievable signing. His ability on the ball would improve our creativity quite considerably.

Set pieces would improve as well.

3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Is it possible you need to raise your hopes and opinions on Hearts players? Seems like you see a lot of players as being above us, yet they sign for us anyway? :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

Thread should be closed as soon as some says do we need him 

He'd walk into our team ......close thread

No it shouldn’t. The guy has not been at the top of his performances for a couple of seasons at least. 

Speaking as someone who rates him highly, and who would like to see us sign him, I don’t see him as some kind of ‘wow’ signing at this stage of his career. I would not need to pinch myself if we struck a deal with him, and he would not tear the premiership apart.

2 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

And that right there is what we need from our midfield, crying out for it tbh. Get him signed. 

Did he ever do that regularly? I don’t remember that being the case.

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Is it possible you need to raise your hopes and opinions on Hearts players? Seems like you see a lot of players as being above us, yet they sign for us anyway? :thumbsup:

That is a good question, what is the type of player we should expect at Hearts these days? Normal circumstances probably wouldn’t have allowed us to sign either Berra or Naismith but their respective circumstances meant we could, Lafferty is another, Adam would seem to fit that mould as well, players with undoubted talent with experience of the top division in England who are either nearing the end of their career or ones who have possibly tried and struggled to adapt? 

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

That is a good question, what is the type of player we should expect at Hearts these days? Normal circumstances probably wouldn’t have allowed us to sign either Berra or Naismith but their respective circumstances meant we could, Lafferty is another, Adam would seem to fit that mould as well, players with undoubted talent with experience of the top division in England who are either nearing the end of their career or ones who have possibly tried and struggled to adapt? 

I think we need to raise that standard. I believe that the profile of our club has risen, along with the funds available. I can see us signing players in the coming seasons, that we hitherto saw as being too good for us. ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think we need to raise that standard. I believe that the profile of our club has risen, along with the funds available. I can see us signing players in the coming seasons, that we hitherto saw as being too good for us. ?

That’s what I would hope for too but realistically we can’t compete if epl or top championship clubs went in for the same player, the Charlie Adams and Berra’s of the world are our most likely targets, players who have been there and want to come back up the road, or alternatively we find gems in our own league before they move down south ??‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

That’s what I would hope for too but realistically we can’t compete if epl or top championship clubs went in for the same player, the Charlie Adams and Berra’s of the world are our most likely targets, players who have been there and want to come back up the road, or alternatively we find gems in our own league before they move down south ??‍♂️ 

I think we will do rather well from such signings. ??

Whilst Adam would undoubtedly improve us. I suspect the true purpose of the article is summed up by the following quote from it... 

"The news is certain to alert other interested Scottish clubs who have been monitoring his situation." 

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think we will do rather well from such signings. ??

I get that impression as well, there are plenty players who fit that category who have still have a lot to offer, i seen someone on here mention Ross McCormack for example going back to Motherwell, I would have him here for a season or two, Johnny Russell another one, these players would fit in well at our club and affordable I would guess.

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not for me, puts Cochrane and McDonald further back in my opinion 

McDonald? Why is that? He’s a winger. And cochrane would benefit from the experience of someone like him. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Sorry,meant nothing in the story to link us to him.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

McDonald? Why is that? He’s a winger. And cochrane would benefit from the experience of someone like him. 

As a say just my opinion , we pretty strong in midfield already and need to have pathway for our youngsters coming through 

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As a say just my opinion , we pretty strong in midfield already and need to have pathway for our youngsters coming through 

Opinions ay!, Adam would improve our midfield instantly, he would help develop Cochrane, he would become our best midfielder straight away but u would pass up the opportunity to sign him because we are ‘pretty strong’  in midfield already? Opinions as u say but I find that one pretty silly. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Opinions ay!, Adam would improve our midfield instantly, he would help develop Cochrane, he would become our best midfielder straight away but u would pass up the opportunity to sign him because we are ‘pretty strong’  in midfield already? Opinions as u say but I find that one pretty silly. 

It's about balance. There's no doubting his quality but we aren't going to play 5 central midfielders, for example, in our best team. We need more pace and width in the side so if we have an opportunity to obtain that with whatever resources we have, I'd rather pass on Adam to improve those areas. If we can get both then fantastic.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's about balance. There's no doubting his quality but we aren't going to play 5 central midfielders, for example, in our best team. We need more pace and width in the side so if we have an opportunity to obtain that with whatever resources we have, I'd rather pass on Adam to improve those areas. If we can get both then fantastic.

OF course it’s about balance and to play 5 cm’s is ridiculous as you are aware, that would never happen anyway, Adam would go straight into this team alongside Haring in the middle. This is a Charlie Adam thread not a thread on wingers, I agree that’s pace and width is probably more a priority but if he became available we would be foolish to not sign him, all imo of course.

5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I did it twice just for you. 

You’re welcome :P