Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

The Future's Maroon

Fact of the matter is we did talk to folk, tried to sign a couple that didn’t come off for what ever reasons and will continue to speak with players before the end of the season.

For me, Berra/Souttar/Smith signing new deals is like signings....just like when Haring and Uche return....we are in discussions with a few more which are ongoing. The fact those three have signed new deals will help with discussions with others.

The big thing for me is we didn’t lose anyone we wouldn’t want too.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

27 minutes ago, Barack said:

A new contract extension for Martin, & I think we can call it a successful winter.

image.jpeg.30c5a052782f2c09f2c68a0e9eb3fcdd.jpeg

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Don't think anyone will buy that one, sadly. Unless they've started drinking already. 

Your probably right, but always the chance with a few on here:mw_rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Where did Martin go? Is he stuck with us the next 6 months until we try convince another club to take the ice bath shitter?

Got it in one:unsure2:

On 26/01/2019 at 17:25, Sir Gio said:

Balance Wednesday night with this afternoon and you get a realistic picture 

Think where we could have been if we turned up against Dundee . Would like to see us hammer somebody and send a real atatement. It's going in the right direction now though hopefully

2 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

Think where we could have been if we turned up against Dundee . Would like to see us hammer somebody and send a real atatement. It's going in the right direction now though hopefully

Livi or Talbot will get it. Probably the latter. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Livi or Talbot will get it. Probably the latter. 

Hopefully both and when the forces of evil come knocking we'll be ready also.

5 hours ago, kila said:

Where did Martin go? Is he stuck with us the next 6 months until we try convince another club to take the ice bath shitter?

18 months to go for Martin 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

18 months to go for Martin 

Hope every effort is taken in the summer to get him to ****. No place for him at the club. Hope he just does the decent thing and leaves. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, cyprusjambo said:

Sean Clare though eh. 

Great prospect 

15 hours ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

I don’t think I’m saying that. I don’t think we really have any stand in for him where we’d have plenty further forward and central. Perhaps unfair on Bozanic. But the crux of my point was that saying that we have a strong midfield isn’t really correct imo. We have a number of good midfield players but they all cover pretty similar roles. It’s like having no full backs and four quality centre halves and saying that we are strong in defence.

We seemed to have a decent stand-in last night.

Captain Bubblebeard
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We seemed to have a decent stand-in last night.

We were pretty industrial last night and had to change system at hot to accommodate our frailties in the middle of the park in terms of winning/holding/retaining/distributing the ball which is what a Haring does. We did what we had to do and got a great result. I’m not being down on Bozanic - he played his part in the win - I just don’t think that he or any of our other talented midfield players are a great replacement for PH when he is unavailable. I’m not particularly complaining about that - as you said before we can’t afford a quality replacement for every single position - merely making the point that saying we have a strong midfield is a slight generalisation.

• 3 weeks later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

eh... no....

Most would disagree. Consensus on the match thread played well. 

Odd day to bring this back up 

:cornette:

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Sorry. I just dont rate him.... 4-5 players let this team down. We cant cope with injuries at all. Mediocrity stares us in the face again

Selkirkhmfc1874
19 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree ! Thought we played well yesterday and only lost because of a horrible howler