Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

20 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Stop being a pedantic tosser. The fact I’m talking about this season in the post and their lack of game time is talking about from August. There are certain posters you want to have a pop at over views about CL and I’m one of them. Please just do one 

The 3 I’m talking about saw very little first team action last season when McDonald and Cochrane were. They may have been out on loan but I’m only interested in Hearts players and using this season as a comparison. 

It it just seems that McDonald in particular hasn’t kicked on. Cochrane has had well documented injuries so I’m not thinking that he should be doing what the kids elsewhere are. 

When you watch the 3 of them that I mentioned, I would have hoped that one of the youngsters not just McDonald or Cochrane would have been giving us what those 3 are doing now.

I did think pre season that a loan spell would have been good for them and thought that Falkirk under the guidance of Pail Hartley would have been ideal but clearly Hartley maybe isn’t the manager/coach that everyone thought him to be.

Personally think that Ross County, United or Dunfermline would be good for them. Dunfermline in particular for McDonald to get ideas on wing play from one of the best that wore maroon

Have we not learned our lesson from the injury crisis about having too many players out on loan ?

Surely the idea of the new reserve league was to bridge the gap between youth teams and first team.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

46 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Have we not learned our lesson from the injury crisis about having too many players out on loan ?

Surely the idea of the new reserve league was to bridge the gap between youth teams and first team.

We've had a lot of ill luck this season but the one thing I do blame the managment for is sending Currie, Keena and Zanatta all out on loan at the same time. Currie and Keena to some extent was understandable as they had been injured but Zanatta is more bewildering. I understand that he may not make it with us but he scored in the only first team game he played last season, scores regularly for the lesser teams he played for and has stayed fit the whole time. He would have been a better bet than Wighton who just returned from injury or dare I say it MacLean , who has proved to be podwer puff up front on his own.

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Stop being a pedantic tosser. The fact I’m talking about this season in the post and their lack of game time is talking about from August. There are certain posters you want to have a pop at over views about CL and I’m one of them. Please just do one 

I think you are the pedantic tosser always looking for negatives and it's high time you do one.

You compare AM and HC with players elsewhere who are 2 years older and in one breath you say they've had more game time than our two and in the other breath you recognise HC has been injured.  How the hell do you expect him to have more game time when firstly he was injured and then had an illness?  If Middleton etc had been injured/ill they would have had much less game time and less scope for you to parade your negativity.  Give it a rest.

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know nothing. 

In a Sergeant Schulz from Hogan’s Heroes accent. 

(One for our older readers)?

6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Thats exactly how I heard it in my head too

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

We've had a lot of ill luck this season but the one thing I do blame the managment for is sending Currie, Keena and Zanatta all out on loan at the same time. Currie and Keena to some extent was understandable as they had been injured but Zanatta is more bewildering. I understand that he may not make it with us but he scored in the only first team game he played last season, scores regularly for the lesser teams he played for and has stayed fit the whole time. He would have been a better bet than Wighton who just returned from injury or dare I say it MacLean , who has proved to be podwer puff up front on his own.

I disagree - Zanata has looked below SPL level when I saw him, including a preseason friendly. Keena looked nearly ready pre season and if there was a mistake with hindsight we could have done with a player of his type (strong centre forward) but to be fair who expected a long injury for both Naismith and  Uche 

Edited by scott herbertson

40 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are the pedantic tosser always looking for negatives and it's high time you do one.

You compare AM and HC with players elsewhere who are 2 years older and in one breath you say they've had more game time than our two and in the other breath you recognise HC has been injured.  How the hell do you expect him to have more game time when firstly he was injured and then had an illness?  If Middleton etc had been injured/ill they would have had much less game time and less scope for you to parade your negativity.  Give it a rest.

My last word on this

if you had actually bothered reading what I said I’m my first post, it acknowledged that Cochrane had been injured but instead you chose to ignore that 

What was The famous phrase, if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. 

You choose to look at the post negatively, your issue. 

I wss comparing people in a relative peer group and there were 2 players from Hearts being discussed not just one. So yet again you try to justify your obnoxiousness to highlight just one of the players spoken about.

Nothing in my post was negative it actually agreed that sending one or both out might be a good option to give them game time. 

Don’t bother replying and feel free to ignore anything I post in future. My life would be complete if you do.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

We left ourselves exposed in forward line. Midfield is an area where we have a bit of cover. Sending McDonsld to the right team will reap benefits longer term.

Edited by merseyjambo

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Heard Djoum has already turned down two offers and is headed to Spain with the team which he wasn’t originally and that Adam is likely but not 100% maybe 70%...

@Barack @Glib and Shameless Crier That tie in with your info? 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I know nothing. 

It does. It’s not my info though, it’s Barack’s.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

I disagree - Zanata has looked below SPL level when I saw him, including a preseason friendly. Keena looked nearly ready pre season and if there was a mistake with hindsight we could have done with a player of his type (strong centre forward) but to be fair who expected a long injury for both Naismith and  Uche 

A team should always have a young striker ready in case of injuries. The only fit young striker we had in Sept was Zanatta so there was no point in keeping Keena as he was going to need a number of games to get his fitness back - that I presume is why he is at Dunfermline. DZ can play wide too. Apparently scored a cracker last week too.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Heard Djoum has already turned down two offers and is headed to Spain with the team which he wasn’t originally and that Adam is likely but not 100% maybe 70%...

@Barack @Glib and Shameless Crier That tie in with your info? 

Do you mean he has turned down two offers from other clubs or us? If he has gone to Spain we might still be able to persuade him to stay.

My last word on this

if you had actually bothered reading what I said I’m my first post, it acknowledged that Cochrane had been injured but instead you chose to ignore that 

What was The famous phrase, if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. 

You choose to look at the post negatively, your issue. 

I wss comparing people in a relative peer groupclaimingand there were 2 players from Hearts being discussed not just one. So yet again you try to justify your obnoxiousness to highlight just one of the players spoken about.

Nothing in my post was negative it actually agreed that sending one or both out might be a good option to give them game time. 

Don’t bother replying and feel free to ignore anything I post in future. My life would be complete if you do.

We left ourselves exposed in forward line. Midfield is an area where we have a bit of cover. Sending McDonsld to the right team will reap benefits longer term.

I'll decide if I'll reply thank you and I'll definitely reply to any nonsensical negativity you post.  It is clear from your attitude that your life is far from complete at the moment.

I did read your post and you're claiming HC had less game time than others.  You do acknowledge he was injured and that accounts for his lack of game time.  Is that too difficult to grasp?

You were not comparing people in a peer group.  The others are 2 years older and that is a lot in maturing teenagers.  You were simply seeking to make a negative point against the club.  AM has also been injured.

You may or may not have the savvy to know that even if they were available for selection it is sometimes not the best idea to throw youngsters into a team not playing well (as we did for a spell) as it can ruin their confidence.  Now don't be so negative and obnoxious and try to post a little more positively especially after one of our most crucial victories this season.

18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ryan Gauld ?

Not sure where this has come from but I assume it would be a loan unless we’re going to break our transfer record for him, think sporting would want to recoup a chunk of the 3 mil they paid 

1 hour ago, south morocco said:

Hopefully we recall Keena or Currie for the rest of the season in this window 

To do what? Keep Vanecek and Uche out of the side? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

I was thinking more of this myself.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

31 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Not sure where this has come from but I assume it would be a loan unless we’re going to break our transfer record for him, think sporting would want to recoup a chunk of the 3 mil they paid 

Jordan Rhodes for the full house then ?

15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was thinking more of this myself.

:rofl:Equally as appropriate

Vanecek 

Adam 

Dunne 

Another winger 

Tie up a few new contracts and pre contracts, one can wish. 

Would be some transfer window. 

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To do what? Keep Vanecek and Uche out of the side? 

Uche could be out for a while yet and Vanecek might be pish or get injured.

Have we learnt nothing from the injury crisis.

Use the reserve team option ffs.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

A team should always have a young striker ready in case of injuries. The only fit young striker we had in Sept was Zanatta so there was no point in keeping Keena as he was going to need a number of games to get his fitness back - that I presume is why he is at Dunfermline. DZ can play wide too. Apparently scored a cracker last week too.

I take your point re fitness though I think Keena had just a couple of weeks out? Also I just don’t think Zanatas good enough- just my opinion though 

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Currie and Keena aren't good enough (yet)

23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think that at the point on deadline day Keena moved, we looked as though we might have had Vanacek and/or Sow in the bag.  Teplice said they would not let Vanecek go until they signed a replacement which they did and then moved the goalposts.  If either or both had come and Uche had retained his fitness, Keena and Zanatta would have spent the last few months getting splinters in their bums and doing their progress no favours.

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Ha, good shout, Colonel Klink just came to mind, Klopp with a monocle?

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Dunne ‘unlikely’ to be back at the club.

Which is a shame if true as he’s a cracking player, in my opinion.

Pity liked the big lad 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Pity liked the big lad 

Agree, however not a huge surprise from Levein's last couple of press conferences !!

I wonder if he will turn up in Burnley first team for the rest of the season.

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think that at the point on deadline day Keena moved, we looked as though we might have had Vanacek and/or Sow in the bag.  Teplice said they would not let Vanecek go until they signed a replacement which they did and then moved the goalposts.  If either or both had come and Uche had retained his fitness, Keena and Zanatta would have spent the last few months getting splinters in their bums and doing their progress no favours.

Really with MacLean on his own up front!

18 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Dunne ‘unlikely’ to be back at the club.

Which is a shame if true as he’s a cracking player, in my opinion.

Sad if correct - has been excellent for us.

The big drawback with loans - if they are good/great its a real downer when they have to go back.

but...........

Poor ones - the fact that they are only here for a short period is a relief!!

Edited by merrymac

Dunne was an unexpected massive success. He was supposed to be a reserve “stop-gap” but he isn’t our player and was never going to be. Shit happens.

But if he is wanted by Burnley to be part of their EPL first team squad from now then Souttar is currently better than dunne and that won’t have been missed by English scouts at our games.

Edited by Jammy T

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ryan  Gauld and Craig Halkett I was told would join Aberdeen for their camp in Dubai. Source is on that trip. 

Source also feared Shinnie would relish an offer from Govan.

50 50 on previous occasions 

2 hours ago, Gumpert said:

Don't encourage the troll 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'll decide if I'll reply thank you and I'll definitely reply to any nonsensical negativity you post.  It is clear from your attitude that your life is far from complete at the moment.

I did read your post and you're claiming HC had less game time than others.  You do acknowledge he was injured and that accounts for his lack of game time.  Is that too difficult to grasp?

You were not comparing people in a peer group.  The others are 2 years older and that is a lot in maturing teenagers.  You were simply seeking to make a negative point against the club.  AM has also been injured.

You may or may not have the savvy to know that even if they were available for selection it is sometimes not the best idea to throw youngsters into a team not playing well (as we did for a spell) as it can ruin their confidence.  Now don't be so negative and obnoxious and try to post a little more positively especially after one of our most crucial victories this season.

Ah the let’s try and psycho analyse approach 

You have no idea who I am, what I do or what personal triumphs or tragedies I’ve had in my life so please spare the amateur psychology about my life being far from complete.

Personally I think that all these lads should be in and around the Scotland U21 set up so as far as I’m concerned in my opinion they are part of the same peer group.

This is about transfers and whether it’s a good idea for McDonald and Cochrane to go out on loan as clubs want them. I believe they should to get some game time but it would have to be to the right club. These are guys that shouldn’t be punted out to Alloa or Elgin. 

However if if you want to be pedantic, Hibs threw in both Porteous and Mackie over the last few weeks when their results haven’t been going for them and it’s done them no harm and especially against Celtic they looked pretty decent. 

Now go away and stop being annoying 

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ryan  Gauld and Craig Halkett I was told would join Aberdeen for their camp in Dubai. Source is on that trip. 

Gauld is on loan to some Portuguese 2nd division side. Scored a double the other day.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Gauld is on loan to some Portuguese 2nd division side. Scored a double the other day.

Got a release clause in loan contract that allows him to leave if sporting get offer.

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Got a release clause in loan contract that allows him to leave if sporting get offer.

Can’t see the Dons offering much - unless McKenna goes. Been reported they’ve blown their budget.

Anyway, it could happen but I doubt it.

25 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Isn't going to come from Hearts 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

What was the previous 50/50? If you dont mind me asking Sir

Ah the let’s try and psycho analyse approach 

You have no idea who I am, what I do or what personal triumphs or tragedies I’ve had in my life so please spare the amateur psychology about my life being far from complete.

Personally I think that all these lads should be in and around the Scotland U21 set up so as far as I’m concerned in my opinion they are part of the same peer group.

This is about transfers and whether it’s a good idea for McDonald and Cochrane to go out on loan as clubs want them. I believe they should to get some game time but it would have to be to the right club. These are guys that shouldn’t be punted out to Alloa or Elgin. 

However if if you want to be pedantic, Hibs threw in both Porteous and Mackie over the last few weeks when their results haven’t been going for them and it’s done them no harm and especially against Celtic they looked pretty decent. 

Now go away and stop being annoying 

I thought you said a couple of posts ago that that was your last word.

Anyway, you should try a little self-analysis based on your own utterances.  I certainly have little knowledge about you and care even less, but you said your life would be complete if I ignored your posts.  As I haven't done so it is safe to assume your life is incomplete.

You can wriggle all you like but the fact is that if HC was injured or ill he could not get the game time of those you compared him with.  Pedantically trying to change the focus you now bring in Hibs youngsters which has nothing to do with our transfers.

Lastly, I repeat, a 2-year difference in a teenager's life represents a fair bit of growing up so they are hardly peers but keep going on and on if it suits your negative agenda.

9 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

The 3 I’m talking about saw very little first team action last season when McDonald and Cochrane were. They may have been out on loan but I’m only interested in Hearts players and using this season as a comparison. 

It it just seems that McDonald in particular hasn’t kicked on. Cochrane has had well documented injuries so I’m not thinking that he should be doing what the kids elsewhere are. 

When you watch the 3 of them that I mentioned, I would have hoped that one of the youngsters not just McDonald or Cochrane would have been giving us what those 3 are doing now.

I did think pre season that a loan spell would have been good for them and thought that Falkirk under the guidance of Pail Hartley would have been ideal but clearly Hartley maybe isn’t the manager/coach that everyone thought him to be.

Personally think that Ross County, United or Dunfermline would be good for them. Dunfermline in particular for McDonald to get ideas on wing play from one of the best that wore 

McDonald's not a winger....