Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was good,we did have the 3rd highest budget in the league though so it wasn’t unexpected.

You obviously know what the budgets are if you know we are 3rd, so

WHAT ARE THE RESPECTIVE BUDGETS (ie the amounts available for player acquisitions) OF SAY THE 6 TOP CLUBS?  When considering this you need to eliminate what part of our overall budget we had to use for the new stand etc

Now I don't want any of your limp-wristed, feeble excuses and ways of dodging the question - just answer it full on.

Also, forget past: windows.  They're gone and you should move on as you have just suggested to another poster above.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its about opinions isn’t it and depends on how much they contributed, would you say Gordon Smith was a success? 

There is plenty proof of our failings, you named a few that I hadn’t ??. Those two clubs haven’t wasted the money we have I’m afraid, no Sammon/Oshiniwa/Martin or the rest and they haven’t signed over 100 players in 5 years.

My comment about under the radar was about the demographic that the majority of their signings have come from, and as you dont know what I mean it appears youve missed it eh?

I suppose Gordon Smith was a success depending on whether you say so?  What if I propose something like "I think you'll find that Brian Hamilton was better at dribbling up the wing with the ball on his head"?  Is that convincing for you?

You seem to think that writing something and appending "I'm afraid" is going to convince me Hibs didn't waste more money than us through their poorer signings.  They spent two extra years in the Championship ffs.  How much did that cost?  There is plenty proof of their failings.  Like the league tables over the period you mention.

Your under the radar comment is pathetic really.  Guys like Gomis or Pallardo got us promoted and then got shifted on when they were out of their depth.  Hibs didn't need to sign 100 players because they pranced about the championship for 2 extra seasons playing total football and losing late equalisers at home to Christian Nade's pie-based headers.

If only we'd had their superior scouting network.....

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was good,we did have the 3rd highest budget in the league though so it wasn’t unexpected.

Where did Hibs and Rangers finish that season?  I believe they had the 2nd and 5th highest budgets in all of Scotland.

Can you imagine they weren't even in the top division and some sort of idiot thinks they were both using their budget more wisely.

Well,.....I'm sorry but I'm afraid you'll find I can imagine just that sort of idiot.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are defending signing so many players, so yeah you have justify that. Are you failing to understand how discussions go?

Thankfully you’re not employed by the club, so 6 players were needed. So we needed two LB because we’ve wasted money on Oshiniwa/Rherras/Sowah/Smith-Brown/Gryzelak? Mitchell has been another waste of money by the way. Two goalkeepers because one great one left and the other didn’t develop. Two CH because Berra was injured. Haring is better in midfield, Hughes is finished (has been for two years) and Souttar succumbed to an injury that he himself said “it was decided to play until it went” (not unexpected). All required because the signings I mentioned weren’t good enough, in fact one was so bad he was immediately loaned out ???‍♂️?!?! How many in the next window?

I can discuss any subject brought up on this board but I certainly don't have to justify my opinion.

You're twisting my words. I never said we only needed 6 players, I gave a reason why 6 of those player signed.

Everyone, probably even yourself, liked the look of Oshiniwa (on paper), but he didn't live up to the hype.

We made the best offer we could to McLaughlin, he chose not to sign.

Had Berra not been injured I'm sure Souttar would have got his op sooner. No-one knew that Haring would turn out to be better in midfield.

I assume you mean Edwards. He was signed as a no-risk, cheap option if we were unable to sign other targets. We  managed to sign other, better players so he was sent out on loan. No big drama there.

We could go on all day with this, but the facts are,

After administration we were left with a team of youngsters so we had to rebuild (on the cheap because we had no money)

When we got promoted we had to turn a championship squad into a premiership one as cheaply as we could (because we still had no money)

We made a big mistake with Cathro and allowed him to bring in his own type of player which just didn't work.

This meant Levein had to rebuild, maybe not quite "on the cheap" but still within a limited budget.

You ask how many next window, no-one knows, but I suspect not that many. Unfortunately it won't be the ready made EPL internationalists, that seem to be the only signings that would satisfy you

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Where did Hibs and Rangers finish that season?  I believe they had the 2nd and 5th highest budgets in all of Scotland.

Can you imagine they weren't even in the top division and some sort of idiot thinks they were both using their budget more wisely.

Well,.....I'm sorry but I'm afraid you'll find I can imagine just that sort of idiot.

I was talking about the league we were in, Aberdeen had the 2nd highest budget and Celtic the 1st.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I suppose Gordon Smith was a success depending on whether you say so?  What if I propose something like "I think you'll find that Brian Hamilton was better at dribbling up the wing with the ball on his head"?  Is that convincing for you?

You seem to think that writing something and appending "I'm afraid" is going to convince me Hibs didn't waste more money than us through their poorer signings.  They spent two extra years in the Championship ffs.  How much did that cost?  There is plenty proof of their failings.  Like the league tables over the period you mention.

Your under the radar comment is pathetic really.  Guys like Gomis or Pallardo got us promoted and then got shifted on when they were out of their depth.  Hibs didn't need to sign 100 players because they pranced about the championship for 2 extra seasons playing total football and losing late equalisers at home to Christian Nade's pie-based headers.

If only we'd had their superior scouting network.....

Once again someone has misconstrued what I meant about Hibs recruitment, I can’t spell it much clearer without saying it and being reprimanded. I’m actually criticising them for narrowing their search to a certain demographic.

The point about Smith was in relation to contributing and being considered a success. It was a question not a statement.

If you think Hibs wasted the kind of money we did on Oshiniwa, Sammon and Martin could you name them?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I can discuss any subject brought up on this board but I certainly don't have to justify my opinion.

You're twisting my words. I never said we only needed 6 players, I gave a reason why 6 of those player signed.

Everyone, probably even yourself, liked the look of Oshiniwa (on paper), but he didn't live up to the hype.

We made the best offer we could to McLaughlin, he chose not to sign.

Had Berra not been injured I'm sure Souttar would have got his op sooner. No-one knew that Haring would turn out to be better in midfield.

I assume you mean Edwards. He was signed as a no-risk, cheap option if we were unable to sign other targets. We  managed to sign other, better players so he was sent out on loan. No big drama there.

We could go on all day with this, but the facts are,

After administration we were left with a team of youngsters so we had to rebuild (on the cheap because we had no money)

When we got promoted we had to turn a championship squad into a premiership one as cheaply as we could (because we still had no money)

We made a big mistake with Cathro and allowed him to bring in his own type of player which just didn't work.

This meant Levein had to rebuild, maybe not quite "on the cheap" but still within a limited budget.

You ask how many next window, no-one knows, but I suspect not that many. Unfortunately it won't be the ready made EPL internationalists, that seem to be the only signings that would satisfy you

It’s hard to say whether they knew about Haring, Levein said he was surprised and then said he knew he could play on midfield as he has done so most of his career. Edwards is a case in point, it’s no big deal just waste a wage that could’ve been used elsewhere.

We had the third biggest budget when we came up so the no money rubbish should be discarded.  I unlike the manager don’t put that much emphasis on internationals like Sammon/Watt/Oshiniwa/Struna/Tzolis/Alvonitis/Hughes etc etc etc. Quality over quantity from now on.

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s hard to say whether they knew about Haring, Levein said he was surprised and then said he knew he could play on midfield as he has done so most of his career. Edwards is a case in point, it’s no big deal just waste a wage that could’ve been used elsewhere.

We had the third biggest budget when we came up so the no money rubbish should be discarded.  I unlike the manager don’t put that much emphasis on internationals like Sammon/Watt/Oshiniwa/Struna/Tzolis/Alvonitis/Hughes etc etc etc. Quality over quantity from now on.

Not true.

We're going round in circles so I'll leave you to argue with someone else, or failing that, your own shadow.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

It’s a talking pish thread. Yawn..

Guilty.

I'll leave this "discussion" now in an effort to get it back on topic

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again someone has misconstrued what I meant

Could it not be the case that, as everyone appears to be misconstruing what you mean, you're either not very good at expressing yourself clearly, or they are understanding and everyone simply disagrees with what you're saying?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not true.

We're going round in circles so I'll leave you to argue with someone else, or failing that, your own shadow.

We had the third biggest budget in the top league in the season we came back up behind Celtic and Aberdeen, nobody can dispute that .

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Could it not be the case that, as everyone appears to be misconstruing what you mean, you're either not very good at expressing yourself clearly, or they are understanding and everyone simply disagrees with what you're saying?

Not on this particular point, you clearly don’t get it either. I can’t make it any clearer without getting into trouble with the admins(again).

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot

**** me, this thread has taken a turn. 

Pfk argueing with everyone about everything in some weird attempt to say we sign shite players compared to everyone else or something, I'm unsure now. 

I'm still hopeful of 1 new face, anyone got any information or even gossip. 

I'm not buying the Van dyke one, if we were in Europe- maybe, but he'll definitely want European football just now, so maybe in the summer. But just now, nah. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Pfk argueing with everyone about everything in some weird attempt to say we sign shite players compared to everyone else or something, I'm unsure now. 

I'm not buying the Van dyke one, if we were in Europe- maybe, but he'll definitely want European football just now, so maybe in the summer. But just now, nah. 

There are no more signings coming in, as we’ve signed 19 players and went over budget for Clare,  they’re not looking at anyone, and Levein has said it at least twice.

Close thread, please ?.

I think the Mods should do something about PfK bringing this up time after time on various and often just loosely connected threads.

He refuses to answer my question above on resources because he either studiously avoids it or possibly has me on ignore.  Maybe someone could ask him and shut him up for a while.

1 hour ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Scarf over head on Halkett and Cadden please.

+ Naisy + contract extensions for Djoum, Haring and Souttar. 

Generic Username
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We had the third biggest budget in the top league in the season we came back up behind Celtic and Aberdeen, nobody can dispute that .

I think Ross County were still being heavily bank rolled in the 15/16 season with quite significant wages being thrown at the likes of Davies who came up to Dingwall off a couple of really strong seasons in League One with Bradford.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

I think Ross County were still being heavily bank rolled in the 15/16 season with quite significant wages being thrown at the likes of Davies who came up to Dingwall off a couple of really strong seasons in League One with Bradford.

I’ve no doubt they were but there is no way on Earth they had a bigger budget than we did.

http://cdn.heartsfc.co.uk/assets/downloads/2016 AGM Slides FINAL.pdf

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve no doubt they were but there is no way on Earth they had a bigger budget than we did.

http://cdn.heartsfc.co.uk/assets/downloads/2016 AGM Slides FINAL.pdf

For the avoidance of doubt, please could you post the respective budgets for all 12 teams in the top league. That way, no one can argue with your claim.

Thanks.

Generic Username
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like ourselves having anonymous benefactors, it's hard to truly quantify what the actual budgets are, but I wouldn't immediately discount Ross County's chairman, who's spent around £7/£8million on their stadium alone, to have put in huge amounts of his own cash towards the playing budget. 

I'm sure there were figures of £5,000 in wages for Davies alone, which was why he shunned English football to live in Dingwall of all places.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Like ourselves having anonymous benefactors, it's hard to truly quantify what the actual budgets are, but I wouldn't immediately discount Ross County's chairman, who's spent around £7/£8million on their stadium alone, to have put in huge amounts of his own cash towards the playing budget. 

I'm sure there were figures of £5,000 in wages for Davies alone, which was why he shunned English football to live in Dingwall of all places.

Quite possibly, he did just come back from Non League Hartlepool to Dundee where he wouldn’t be earning anywhere near £5k a week.

CB59E009-CC9D-4A45-BD80-B785AB23F98A.png

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Arguments.....Arguments....Tumbleweed......Tumbleweed......Arguments.

Welcome to the January transfer window thread.

It’s bloody tedious isn’t it, scrawling through page after page of nonsense

Generic Username
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite possibly, he did just come back from Non League Hartlepool to Dundee where he wouldn’t be earning anywhere near £5k a week.

I think it would be a reasonable assumption that his agreed release from his contract at County will have been due to their relegation and their chairman's move to sustainability. Like ourselves they've learned the hard way when it comes to spending vast sums of money then immediately turning the tap off.

46 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No need for that homophobia mate just cause he has long hair doesnt make him any less of a man

Edited by maroon

Bridge of Djoum
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well that doesn’t really help you. You’ve tirelessly and consistently told us we have the 3rd biggest budget, but provide no evidence. What you have is an opinion. 

Also, when you mention budgets, do you mean operating budget, playing budget, all staff costs? It’s a very vague claim your pushing. 

1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

It’s a talking pish thread. Yawn..

I’ve noticed you referencing this “talking pish thread” business a couple of times and I can’t help but feel it’s a bit rich. Have you yourself not spouted an incredible amount of pish on this very thread? 

so, are we going to discuss potential/possible/maybe's coming in, or just have a wee squabble about who knows more about the financial state of the club ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We have the 4th biggest playing budget just now. In two years time we will have the 3rd.

Thought that was meant to be this summer. Whats another year as Johnny Logan would say

Bazzas right boot

There are no more signings coming in, as we’ve signed 19 players and went over budget for Clare,  they’re not looking at anyone, and Levein has said it at least twice.

Close thread, please ?.

Or just avoid the thread if it grates you so much. 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought that was meant to be this summer. Whats another year as Johnny Logan would say

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely, once the new michelin star restaurant is up and running everything will be hunky dory and we'll be easily 3rd highest budget.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again someone has misconstrued what I meant about Hibs recruitment, I can’t spell it much clearer without saying it and being reprimanded. I’m actually criticising them for narrowing their search to a certain demographic.

The point about Smith was in relation to contributing and being considered a success. It was a question not a statement.

If you think Hibs wasted the kind of money we did on Oshiniwa, Sammon and Martin could you name them?

every single player in their championship dwelling team was a waste of money compared to every single member of our championship winning team. 

it really is that simple. if you wanna talk about prizes or football then maybe its different.  there is little doubt that our players provided better value for money. 2 less years in the championship is a lot of money.  

playing total football in the lower leagues and giving 33% of the fee for mcginn away and losing mcgeoch for fa isnt great business.  scott allan might look pretty but his spice boy midfield antics dont get you promoted.

how you can think hibs have had successful recruitment is beyond me. as for aberdeen - they achieved nothing really as they had the 2nd highest budget in the league and finished 2nd except for last season. thats on your terms

Not on this particular point, you clearly don’t get it either. I can’t make it any clearer without getting into trouble with the admins(again).

Fair enough. 

Though since I didn't comment on the actual point you were making either positively or negatively, merely highlighted potential reasons for the apparent confusion, your suggestion that I 'clearly don’t get' something I didn't actually mention does make it look as though you're just enjoying the attention/trolling/looking for an argument.

1 hour ago, RDSK said:

I’ve noticed you referencing this “talking pish thread” business a couple of times and I can’t help but feel it’s a bit rich. Have you yourself not spouted an incredible amount of pish on this very thread? 

Have I? I can’t recall

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Well that doesn’t really help you. You’ve tirelessly and consistently told us we have the 3rd biggest budget, but provide no evidence. What you have is an opinion. 

Also, when you mention budgets, do you mean operating budget, playing budget, all staff costs? It’s a very vague claim your pushing. 

Wtf are you on about, that link shows you all the teams playing budget for the year 2015-6 showing that we were behind Celtic and Aberdeen in the top flight.. I’m not really sure what other proof you want, how can anyone argue that it’s Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs when it’s been proven on here time and time again is astonishing.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

We have the 4th biggest playing budget just now. In two years time we will have the 3rd.

Indeed, we had the third in the league 2015-16 after leaving Rangers and Hibs behind.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, WageThief said:

every single player in their championship dwelling team was a waste of money compared to every single member of our championship winning team. 

it really is that simple. if you wanna talk about prizes or football then maybe its different.  there is little doubt that our players provided better value for money. 2 less years in the championship is a lot of money.  

playing total football in the lower leagues and giving 33% of the fee for mcginn away and losing mcgeoch for fa isnt great business.  scott allan might look pretty but his spice boy midfield antics dont get you promoted.

how you can think hibs have had successful recruitment is beyond me. as for aberdeen - they achieved nothing really as they had the 2nd highest budget in the league and finished 2nd except for last season. thats on your terms

My goodness can you miss a point anymore? At no point have I said Hibs or Aberdeen were successful, that they had good recruitment or they were more successful than us in this thread or any other. Us wasting more money than them is about our recruitment failings.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Fair enough. 

Though since I didn't comment on the actual point you were making either positively or negatively, merely highlighted potential reasons for the apparent confusion, your suggestion that I 'clearly don’t get' something I didn't actually mention does make it look as though you're just enjoying the attention/trolling/looking for an argument.

Not at all, I tried to PM to explain but it said you don’t accept them.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

so, are we going to discuss potential/possible/maybe's coming in, or just have a wee squabble about who knows more about the financial state of the club ? 

There isn’t any, Levein has said it 2/3 times.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

I think it would be a reasonable assumption that his agreed release from his contract at County will have been due to their relegation and their chairman's move to sustainability. Like ourselves they've learned the hard way when it comes to spending vast sums of money then immediately turning the tap off.

Definitely, they had some decent players that obviously didnt come cheap.