• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

28 minutes ago, Ribble said:

He has openly admitted that he's felt it difficult coming to a club the size of Hearts and meeting the required levels of application. If he's not any better with correct application we'll be able to say he doesn't have the ability to succeed. Until then the jury is still out but you only need to look at some players that have played in the east of the city to realise that pace can cover a multitude of sins and mean that very average or actually very poor footballers can be a threat to a lot of sides. Agathe, Sproule and Boyle are/were all terrible footballers yet when used correctly they have caused teams problems.

Good post mate. Very much how I see it.

Mulraney could yet be a real asset 

4 minutes ago, jambofeez said:

Could still possibly tie up some pre-contracts though? Is cadden available on a pre?

Yes he is out of contract at the end of this season so can sign a pre-contract. I see that surpise surprise Rangers are reportedly interested in signing him.

Aberdeen were interested last year but never made an actual bid.

To be honest i see no reason for us to sign anyone.

We were top of the league with everyone fit except Berra. 

Now we are getting everyone back from injury, Berra is fit and we even have Cochrane, Godinho and Brandon coming back to fitness who have barely been involved all season.

We are already well placed to take another smash at the league. Just need to hope for better luck and find our drive again.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Now we are getting everyone back from injury, Berra is fit and we even have Cochrane, Godinho and Brandon coming back to fitness who have barely been involved all season.

We are already well placed to take another smash at the league. Just need to hope for better luck and find our drive again.

yes spot on 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Spot on and also fact young keena coming back , sure we'll see best of him with target man up top to feed off

12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'd be looking at pre-contracts for the summer now though. If we don't look at current availability others will.

Cadden would perhaps be one, although I'd hoped we would be in the market for Shankland.

I'd rather we were aways ahead of the game.

Edited by Busby8

55 minutes ago, maroon said:

never fully believe what levein says to the press

CL is not an idiot.

Did anyone really expect him to say that we are short in MF/Def/Attack going into an important game?

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am fine with no more signings provided no significant first team member goes. We did have a good team spirit in the early part of the season which is happily showing signs of returning and bringing too may in could jeopardise that plus the bedding in time of new recruits. I think we will put together a good second half of the season with lots still up for grabs. 

ooh-aah-cantona

Levein isn’t going to come out and say something like “ I’m actively seeking a left back” as it allows clubs and agents to drive up the asking price/demands of a player.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was working on bringing a player in at the moment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Levein isn’t going to come out and say something like “ I’m actively seeking a left back” as it allows clubs and agents to drive up the asking price/demands of a player.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was working on bringing a player in at the moment.

Normally I would agree with the Poker type response, but with quite a few players returning, we are pretty well covered.

Pre-contracts don't need to be done in January, suspect we are done myself unless there is movement out, in which case I would be happy we were done.

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Spot on and also fact young keena coming back , sure we'll see best of him with target man up top to feed off

I think playing alongside Naismith can only help Keena (and every other young player at the club)

Plenty options upfront with Keena being brought back and Uche’s return imminent. 

It’s obvious to say the players missing upfront over the last while has stunted us and it showed how much they knit the team together and mask any of our weaknesses in midfield. 

I also.think it’s about certain players trying to find form and make a real impact that they haven’t made as yet. 

24 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

I'd be looking at pre-contracts for the summer now though. If we don't look at current availability others will.

Cadden would perhaps be one, although I'd hoped we would be in the market for Shankland.

I'd rather we were aways ahead of the game.

That's fair enough. I only meant immediate signings. You often have to premium rate in January and it's not something we should be doing unless absolutely necessary. 

May be that we have interest in a player or 2 but we'll have to wait till the summer to get them. No necesarilly precontracts but discussions may have been held. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
37 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think playing alongside Naismith can only help Keena (and every other young player at the club)

Agreed but a also think to get best out keena he needs big striker up top to feed off ! Bit like Clark was for robbo

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agreed but a also think to get best out keena he needs big striker up top to feed off ! Bit like Clark was for robbo

If their partnership turns out even a fraction as good as those two, that will do for me

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, The Treasurer said:

If their partnership turns out even a fraction as good as those two, that will do for me

Don't think we'll ever see a partnership like that again 

We have a good enough squad to finish at least 4th.  Not sure why there's panic.  We're in a much better position than in the last 3/4 years. 

It doesn't matter what gets said, folk only beleive what they want to hear. No more will come in and folk will still be surprised even though they were told.

Italian Lambretta
51 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We have a good enough squad to finish at least 4th.  Not sure why there's panic.  We're in a much better position than in the last 3/4 years. 

We have the best squad outside the ugly sisters we should be finishing third at the very least. 

Geoff the Mince
13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So no more incomings this window.

What's that all about ITKers?

I heard something . 

9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We have the best squad outside the ugly sisters we should be finishing third at the very least. 

Sheep are consistent but I would agree with that mate. 

The Future's Maroon
27 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So no more incomings this window.

What's that all about ITKers?

I would take what he said with a large pinch of salt. Especially if a first team player is sold this window.

We can and will be discussing things with players/agents, for this window, probably not.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

First quarter of the season suggests we have a squad good enough to do a lot better than 4th.

If we can get players fit we can start to aim at 2nd, at least.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

First quarter of the season suggests we have a squad good enough to do a lot better than 4th.

If we can get players fit we can start to aim at 2nd, at least.

No chance.  Love the optimism though. 

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agree with this. Getting Naismith back was like signing a new player and the return of Uche and Souttar will be the same.

Not convinced we can rely on Morrison and Mulraney has not got it for me so we definitely need a wide player or two. But the first quarter of the season showed ho decent we can be when we have a fit squad so no need to make wholesale changes.

Mulraney seems too timid but Morrison looks very promising apart from when he gets sight of goal! Mackay-Steven would be perfect.

We have had a lot of injuries, but it only took one of those (Naismith) being out to completely neuter our creativity. I wouldn't like to be too reliant on an injury prone 32 year old.

The teams around us (Kilmarnock aside) have all strengthened. I think it would be a mistake to stand still on the basis that we'll automatically be able to replicate our early season form with players back.

That said, I'm not sure we're actually done anyway. Levein has form for this.

26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No chance.  Love the optimism though. 

I'm not usually optimistic but we were playing very well before the injuries kicked in and we are still within touching distance of the top.

Celtic will probably pull away but if we can recapture some of that form...we shall see!

Lot's of teams in the championship after centre backs at the moment. Most will try for loans. But Souttar being fit again. Would not be surprised if we get a sly offer near the end of the window.

16 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We have had a lot of injuries, but it only took one of those (Naismith) being out to completely neuter our creativity. I wouldn't like to be too reliant on an injury prone 32 year old.

The teams around us (Kilmarnock aside) have all strengthened. I think it would be a mistake to stand still on the basis that we'll automatically be able to replicate our early season form with players back.

That said, I'm not sure we're actually done anyway. Levein has form for this.

I don’t think Naismith is Injury prone but agree losing him killed our creativity. Vanaceck will help should he be out again tho.

Is Keena back? Thought he was away for season

Edited by Jamhammer

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm not usually optimistic but we were playing very well before the injuries kicked in and we are still within touching distance of the top.

Celtic will probably pull away but if we can recapture some of that form...we shall see!

Good man, let’s hope so ?

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t think Naismith is Injury prone but agree losing him killed our creativity. Vanaceck will help should he be out again tho

Maybe "injury prone" is a bit strong but he's had trouble with knee injuries in the past. He's also had medium/long term injuries twice in the last 18 months. Basically, I wouldn't want to be too reliant on him playing every minute.

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Maybe "injury prone" is a bit strong but he's had trouble with knee injuries in the past. He's also had medium/long term injuries twice in the last 18 months. Basically, I wouldn't want to be too reliant on him playing every minute.

Yeah, hopefully we can start managing his minutes a bit if he signs on permanently. He's a key player in the higher profile games. We should have the depth to be able to see off the smaller clubs in the league without relying on Naismith to play 90 minutes.  

24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

While Naismith is undoubtedly a key player I think the fact that he went out at the same time as Uche magnified the impact massively. We wouldn't have missed Naisy quite as acutely if Uche had stayed fit.