Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

20 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Clubs in England and Scotland are looking at taking Scott McTominay on loan. Surely Rangers have enough midfielders? Could be Celtic... I wonder if Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen are interested too.

We don't need any more midfielders according to CL so maybe that's us out of the equation.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We don't need any more midfielders according to CL so maybe that's us out of the equation.

Yet everyone still talking about Adam like it’ll happen. I hate this window and would be happy if it shut now.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

How do we know this Bongo?

I note you never got an answer to your question but I hope he knows this by more than just the "Bongo" Drums!!

GorgieRules22
28 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Clubs in England and Scotland are looking at taking Scott McTominay on loan. Surely Rangers have enough midfielders? Could be Celtic... I wonder if Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen are interested too.

Same guy that was on the bench at Wembley at the weekend.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Is Bongo the new man in the know that we’ve all to believe ?

He stuck his neck out in August and was correct. Like any ITKer, there will be bad days ahead!!! Something may be planned but might not happen, hard for these people to decipher how far down the line we are.

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Same guy that was on the bench at Wembley at the weekend.

BBC reporting this so it’s not just a name plucked out of thin air - although they are saying it’s dependent on what Fellaini ends up doing.

Hearts in for McTominay.........

Jesus.

There is nothing wrong with the actual transfer window.....the problems are with the people who discuss it on fans forums.

The Future's Maroon

As I have alluded to recently regarding potential targets, if you don’t ask and all that.

We have tried for players you would think we had no chance of getting (Naismith the prime example of one that came off - Jordan Rhodes/Darren Fletcher are ones that didn’t) but you need to try, no harm in making an equiry surely?

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hearts in for McTominay.........

Jesus.

There is nothing wrong with the actual transfer window.....the problems are with the people who discuss it on fans forums.

BBC, daily record and the sun are reporting Scottish clubs are interested in mctomminay on loan 

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

McTominay to Hearts/Aberdeen etc isn't that outlandish is it? He's not that good.

He was playing first team football in the English Premiership this season so I’d say it is a bit outlandish.

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

McTominay to Hearts/Aberdeen etc isn't that outlandish is it? He's not that good.

he was brought on as a sub in man utd last game v spurs

16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Maybe just needs toughened up a bit. 

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I agree. Not seen anything from him that makes me think he's a game changer. 

23 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He was playing first team football in the English Premiership this season so I’d say it is a bit outlandish.

McTominay isn’t nearly Man United standard at the moment and would benefit from a loan. As mentioned by others it’s being reported by the tabloids that clubs in England and Scotland are looking to bring him in on loan. My post was merely posing the question of which clubs in Scotland that might be. On the question of whether Hearts would be interested in bringing a midfielder like McTominay in on loan I imagine the answer would be no.

1 hour ago, 1874KRM said:

BBC, daily record and the sun are reporting Scottish clubs are interested in mctomminay on loan 

That would be quite incredible. 

I'd expect him at celtic if they manage to shift Hendry.

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

mctominay isn't a centre half

Never Let Them Forget
29 minutes ago, RDSK said:

McTominay isn’t nearly Man United standard at the moment and would benefit from a loan. As mentioned by others it’s being reported by the tabloids that clubs in England and Scotland are looking to bring him in on loan. My post was merely posing the question of which clubs in Scotland that might be. On the question of whether Hearts would be interested in bringing a midfielder like McTominay in on loan I imagine the answer would be no.

Djoum out & McTominay in?

Gk Doyle/Zlamal

Cb Berra

Cb Souttar

Cb Smith

Lwb Garrucio/Mitchell

Rwb Godinho

Cm Haring

Cm McTominay

Am Naismith

St Uche

St Vanecek

i would take that in a heartbeat ? being realistically though I would swap Adam for McTominay.

10 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Hendry may end up at Hibs. Lennon not keen but Celtic saying they can have Morgan on loan if they’re willing to take Hendry too. Suspect this is still fallout from the McGinn saga.

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

mctominay isn't a centre half

I'm just talking about the movement of players off the books rather than positionally speaking. 

Suspect celtic will want Kouassi out the door though. 

Just now, Never Let Them Forget said:

Djoum out & McTominay in?

Gk Doyle/Zlamal

Cb Berra

Cb Souttar

Cb Smith

Lwb Garrucio/Mitchell

Rwb Godinho

Cm Haring

Cm McTominay

Am Naismith

St Uche

St Vanecek

i would take that in a heartbeat ? being realistically though I would swap Adam for McTominay.

A loan for McTominay would be counter productive this season. He likely wouldn’t be good enough to be the difference between achieving and not achieving our goals this season. Also, his arrival and subsequent game time would come at the expense of our own players whom we are trying to develop. Next season would be more appropriate were we to lose Djoum and others and not replace them till late in the window.

I suspect if there is interest from Scottish teams in McTominay that it is not from Hearts. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No danger we will be seeing a Man United player in their  25 release to Scotland 

It would be a loan deal and I wouldn’t read too much into McTominay being in the United PL squad. I’d argue his initial inclusion was more to do with club politics than him being ready to play for Utd. It had a bit of a Csaba Lazlo + Jamie Mole reek to it.

Doyal

Souttar Smith Berra

Cadden McTominay Haring Adam Garrucio

Vanecek Naismith

Subs: Uche,Mitchell,Godinho,Lee,Bozanic,Kenna and Zlamal

Not bad. When does it happen!

22 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Hendry may end up at Hibs. Lennon not keen but Celtic saying they can have Morgan on loan if they’re willing to take Hendry too. Suspect this is still fallout from the McGinn saga.

A team can only have one player on loan from any given club in the same division so they won't be taking them both. 

Edited by Jamboross

1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

I could be wrong but I think you can only have one player on loan from any given club in the same division so they won't be taking them both. 

Perhaps. I’m in the unfortunate position of knowing someone at Hibs and I’d be surprised if he were unaware of such a rule. I can’t imagine either would be permanent deals given how recently they were both signed and the fee paid for them. He could be wrong of course. I guess we’ll see what transpires.

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

I could be wrong but I think you can only have one player on loan from any given club in the same division so they won't be taking them both. 

True, Morgan is 22 and not considered a youth player. Would have to be under 21.

I know it's only half way through the month but i'm already starting to think that nobody else will be coming in. 

There's not been one single legitimate piece of interest reported. (as far as i'm aware) 

I really hope we get a wee surprise signing but it's not looking like it. 

18 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I know it's only half way through the month but i'm already starting to think that nobody else will be coming in. 

There's not been one single legitimate piece of interest reported. (as far as i'm aware) 

My thoughts as well.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Doyal

Souttar Smith Berra

Cadden McTominay Haring Adam Garrucio

Vanecek Naismith

Subs: Uche,Mitchell,Godinho,Lee,Bozanic,Kenna and Zlamal

Not bad. When does it happen!

Really hope we don’t play this way as it doesn’t suit our captain at all.

24 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I suspect we have a small list of possibilities who are in limbo and are waiting until their respective teams giving them to all clear to leave before we can do anything more.

I would guess what we’ll get someone but it’ll be very late in the window. If not after it closes when a player has been released.

43 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What are you palming your head at ya plonker. 

Edited by Top Corner

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

craig bryson (mentioned many pages ago) has just had a goal chalked off by VAR for offside

Very harsh.  Pretty much a flailing arm and foot given as offside when both players bodies are level.  

Was a lovely piece of play.

40 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I suspect we have a small list of possibilities who are in limbo and are waiting until their respective teams giving them to all clear to leave before we can do anything more.

I would guess what we’ll get someone but it’ll be very late in the window. If not after it closes when a player has been released.

I think this is the most important point. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Very harsh.  Pretty much a flailing arm and foot given as offside when both players bodies are level.  

Was a lovely piece of play.

The other issue like the Kane (not) offside last week is are they getting the exact point the ball was hit. 

portobellojambo1
45 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Really hope we don’t play this way as it doesn’t suit our captain at all.

I agree with this. The 11 players the poster mentioned would make an impressive team but would be much better as a functioning unit if played in a 4-4-2 formation, and I think that formation applies whatever 11 we actually put on the park.

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I think this is the most important point. 

We’re not buying anyone imo.....and any potential loans will depend on what offers come in for that player.

We’ll be picking up scraps imo. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s shitty scraps.

portobellojambo1
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gerrard doesn't want him his agent has been putting the feelers out Gerrard wants younger quality and if rangers did have a serious interest in him the Glasgow press would be all over it like a rash in my opinion we are in a good position to get him. 

Could well be the case that having moved for Lafferty, who is only months younger than Naismith, and that move hasn't really been successful they may not want to go down that route again.

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gerrard doesn't want him his agent has been putting the feelers out Gerrard wants younger quality and if rangers did have a serious interest in him the Glasgow press would be all over it like a rash in my opinion we are in a good position to get him. 

Younger talent like Defoe or Davis or McCauley...I think the rangers will sign as many as they can as they go hell for leather to stop 10 in a row. Not having a go mate - your point about if rangers really did want Adam it would be all over media is a good one