cb1874

Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

Cruyff Turn
32 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Step foward Jamie Brandon 👍🏻

Love to see him back, has he played any games for the reserves yet? 

26 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yep. heard he's a 'box' player who loves getting on the end of crosses

Was reading this the other day, https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/11/20/2b1l82e153564vlakx0ekz0fwcdp6v?rq=Vanecek

22 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I think we need  more left sided players ideally

Depends on the formation we play.

If we are going 4-4-2 then i’d be inclined to agree as it would give us a better balance.

If we’re back to a 3 man defence, we’ve still got Garuccio & Mitchell, Burns, Mulraney and Naisy sort of operates in that left channel.

On the right we’ve got 3 young guys and Smith who’s more defensive. 

We build up a lot down the left but we play quite direct on the right side. We need someone more attacking down the right imo with a better delivery as Vanecek and Naisy both like to move in from that position onto their stronger foot.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Famous 1874

New contracts for Souttar, Smith, Haring and Uche soon please Hearts. Also tie up a couple of pre contract deals.

To Be Frank
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Love to see him back, has he played any games for the reserves yet? 

Was reading this the other day, https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/11/20/2b1l82e153564vlakx0ekz0fwcdp6v?rq=Vanecek

Depends on the formation we play.

If we are going 4-4-2 then i’d be inclined to agree as it would give us a better balance.

If we’re back to a 3 man defence, we’ve still got Garuccio & Mitchell, Burns, Mulraney and Naisy sort of operates in that left channel.

On the right we’ve got 3 young guys and Smith who’s more defensive. 

We build up a lot down the left but we play quite direct on the right side. We need someone more attacking down the right imo with a better delivery as Vanecek and Naisy both like to move in from that position onto their stronger foot.

Brandon’s played a couple of reserve games and got some minutes against Lokeren yesterday too 👍🏻

Darren
12 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

I thought Valois played a bit deep with us due to his advancing years and loss of pace, he still oozed talent though, he could ping a perfect pass and packed a hell of a shot.

He was 29 when he joined Hearts.

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

I read that Craig is quite happy with his midfield options, I just wish that we had an experienced midfield general, someone a bit crafty and talented who could ping passes about, another Valois would be ideal if such a talent is around, Haring and Clare would flourish with their direct styles complemented by a more thoughtful style of midfielder.

14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Totally agree. If we go into the rest of the season banking on Peter Haring staying fit I think we're putting all our eggs in one basket and, the way things have gone this season I still think we're short. As I said before we have the numbers but we are not "strong"

14 hours ago, ramrod said:

Now that Danny had gone I would expect another player to come in before the window shuts . 

12 hours ago, cosanostra said:

We need another winger to give us another option. Surprised this has not been addressed yet but there's still plenty of time.

I guess Vanacek was a replacement for Lafferty and CS is a replacement for Dunne so there should be money available given the fact that Danny has fecked off.

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I think we need  more left sided players ideally

Every time i read this thread i get a Billy Idol moment in my head

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more" In the midnight hour babe- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell- "more, more, more" More, more, more.

wavydavy
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more" In the midnight hour babe- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell- "more, more, more" More, more, more.

And your point is?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And your point is?

It's early in the morning - I'm not quite ready to do 'my point is' but i think my point was that scrolling down there's folk saying we need right backs left sided players midfielders and wingers. We're probably not going to get them all.

Not much of a point really but i thought I'd just share the song anyway

Guess The Crowd
8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Any excuse for a bit of 1970s pop is good enough for me....

wavydavy
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

It's early in the morning - I'm not quite ready to do 'my point is' but i think my point was that scrolling down there's folk saying we need right backs left sided players midfielders and wingers. We're probably not going to get them all.

I quite like Billy Idol and is that not the point of a football forum for people to give their thoughts on all things football.

At the risk of you still not being quite ready I will suggest that we still need a creative midfielder with a bit of pace (I know they are not easy to acquire) and a wide player who can beat a man on the outside and put in decent crosses so that our big strikers can attack the ball facing the goals rather than the way we normally put crosses in.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I quite like Billy Idol and is that not the point of a football forum for people to give their thoughts on all things football.

At the risk of you still not being quite ready I will suggest that we still need a creative midfielder with a bit of pace (I know they are not easy to acquire) and a wide player who can beat a man on the outside and put in decent crosses so that our big strikers can attack the ball facing the goals rather than the way we normally put crosses in.

Don't differ much on the wish list - I would say of the two you suggest it's the midfielder where we are potentially the worst off as although we have a lot of midfield cover we have few who can put their foot on the ball and dictate play . This really became most apparent when Naismith was out as the ball came back quicker to midfield and we couldn't hold on to it. Morrison and Mulraney may provide the wing play now they have a clear target man and with Uche returning there's another player who knows where the byeline is

wavydavy
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Don't differ much on the wish list - I would say of the two you suggest it's the midfielder where we are potentially the worst off as although we have a lot of midfield cover we have few who can put their foot on the ball and dictate play . This really became most apparent when Naismith was out as the ball came back quicker to midfield and we couldn't hold on to it. Morrison and Mulraney may provide the wing play now they have a clear target man and with Uche returning there's another player who knows where the byeline is

The worry is that CL says we are fine in midfield. Hopefully he is just saying that and is still looking hard to bring in at least one of what we are hoping for.

Glib and Shameless Crier
14 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Not ITK but heard we’re interested in Jeremy Goss 

Phenomenal in training, apparently. Read somewhere that JJ just couldn't drop the boy.

dazajmbo
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The worry is that CL says we are fine in midfield. Hopefully he is just saying that and is still looking hard to bring in at least one of what we are hoping for.

Still more to arrive i'm told.

siegementality
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

85% chance of more coming in?

kimosavi
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any specific positions Daz?

Smithee
9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Multiple do you think?

Des Lynam
14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

For us or hibs Daza? 

:lol: 

Lfhearts

15% maybe no daz...

Sir Gio

I think it would be remiss not to look to add.

The ante has been upped the competition fierce

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

🤣

jonnothejambo
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

For sure. I expect another couple before the end of the month and Cadden on a pre-contract.

Tennant's  6's

One more player, a wide / creative type would be superb. 

Killie,  hibs both look weaker. Dons haven't made any signings yet. 

Sir Gio
19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

For sure. I expect another couple before the end of the month and Cadden on a pre-contract.

Hope so. Feel that standing still will be going backwards 

GorgieRules22

If it’s the same person that told you Charlie Adam was 85% signing then tell him to blow 🤣

iainmac
3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

It's a nice day for a Shite Winger......... 

to go back to Denmark. 😎 

rick witter

I just told myself that aswell 

Morgan
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

For us or hibs Daza? 

:lol: 

Seventeen fifths.

Olly Lee's left boot

Was just away to say... 

We need a left sided, right winger who is a midfielder that scores goals.

Olly Lee's left boot
16 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If it’s the same person that told you Charlie Adam was 85% signing then tell him to blow 🤣

He might still sign. 

Wouldn't rule out a summer move. 

Folk laughed at the Berra, Lafferty and Naismith stuff but they happened, some 6months later. 

DH1986

With 19 days of the transfer window left there is a fairly good 50/50 chance that we’ll sign someone else.

Is this vague enough to be considered ‘ITK’ ?

tcjambo

Maybe you need to see a doctor for that lol

GorgieRules22
14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He might still sign. 

Wouldn't rule out a summer move. 

Folk laughed at the Berra, Lafferty and Naismith stuff but they happened, some 6months later. 

Craig Zlevein said he’s not interested, just a hunch but that I think means we’re not in for him or even have been.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Midfielders?

dazajmbo

Wow. The amount of 🔔ends on here is sickening.

I Still believe Charlie Adam will be a Hearts player. Might not happen this window but I believe we have spoken to him and he is keen. It was left at that. Likewise Jamie Walker. 

There could be another 2 players arriving in January if another 1 or 2 go out as planned.

Bags of sh!te get thrown at you on here for passing on some info. Grow up ladies.

TypoonJambo
Just now, dazajmbo said:

I Still believe Charlie Adam will be a Hearts player. Might not happen this window but I believe we have spoken to him and he is keen. It was left at that. Likewise Jamie Walker. 

There could be another 2 players arriving in January if another 1 or 2 go out as planned.

Bags of sh!te get thrown at you on here for passing on some info. Grow up ladies.

F###k em Daz. Your info is appreciated by the majority 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Ignore mate , your info always appreciated 

Stephen_East

Couple of pre contracts yes but getting Souttar tied down is huge for me. Off the radar at the moment with the injury but easily as good as mckenna and look at the sums being mentioned with him

Olly Lee's left boot
7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Keep passing the info on. 

Folk don't know the difference here of being interested / talking to a player and him signing. 

It's almost like more than one club can be interested, speak and offer terms to a player. 

We could offer 10 contracts to ten different players but only one might sign for us. 

For some that means we were never interested in the other 9 and anyone that thought we where was talking shite. 

It's quite tragic. 

I remember the comments you got regarding Berra and Lafferty and the Naismith original thread 🙄

Some folk actually think because a player does not sign for us that we were never interested in them or never will be. I worry for these folk. 

Olly Lee's left boot
39 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Craig Zlevein said he’s not interested, just a hunch but that I think means we’re not in for him or even have been.

Fair enough but no need to get sarcastic or arsey with someone who is passing on info. 

I wouldn't be Suprised if we were very interested, CL rates the lad hugely, but finances, depending on other interest would stop it going further. 

Bighenry
15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I Appreciate it !! .. ignore mate 

Edited by Bighenry

clark963
33 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

You'll notice it's mostly the kickback fruiters that give you a hard time mate. Genuinely skip the majority of the chat on here for the input of a few names, yours being one of them. Haters gonna hate. 

Sir Gio
40 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Roll with the punches lad. You were  there with the Naismith information a year ago.

Some things come off others don't. 

kimosavi
43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

This place is brimming at the seams with them

There's no other poster giving us any other signings info on here so .......

Keep passing on the info Daz its much appreicated 

To Be Frank
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

😂👍🏻

51 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Thought Walker had already played for two teams this season?

Famous 1874

I assume we are talking to the likes of Souttar, Smith and Haring about new contracts? 

DH1986
11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Thought Walker had already played for two teams this season?

He has.

Started one game for Wigan in the League Cup and then another 17 appearances with Peterborough.

According to what I’ve read the only place he can go is a country with a different transfer window toWigan.

To Be Frank
Just now, DH1986 said:

He has.

Started one game for Wigan in the League Cup and then another 17 appearances with Peterborough.

According to what I’ve read the only place he can go is a country with a different transfer window toWigan.

Yet we’re apparently signing him? 🤔

DH1986
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Apparently........

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not this window one would imagine. 

Marczero
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

F###k em Daz. Your info is appreciated by the majority