Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

I'm not Morrison's biggest fan. Think that at present his crossing is pretty woeful and his composure in front of goal poor. I think he'd benefit from a spell in the Championship where he'd get that little bit more time and could work on these elements of his game. But to say he was Livi's best player at times is unbelievably harsh. He was a really important out ball today and consistently moved us up the park in a way few others did.

Overall, whilst a new winger would be great, I'm pretty happy with where the squad is. Have a look at the bench today. Zlamal, Bozanic, Mitchell, MacLean, Mulraney, Dikamona, Keena. With no place or returning from injury Souttar, Brandon, Godinho, Burns, Cochrane, Haring, McDonald, Ikpeazu, Wighton. That feels like a squad with decent depth and options. As long as we can avoid the same number of injuries to really key individuals, I'm feeling positive about the second half of the season.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm not Morrison's biggest fan. Think that at present his crossing is pretty woeful and his composure in front of goal poor. I think he'd benefit from a spell in the Championship where he'd get that little bit more time and could work on these elements of his game. But to say he was Livi's best player at times is unbelievably harsh. He was a really important out ball today and consistently moved us up the park in a way few others did.

Overall, whilst a new winger would be great, I'm pretty happy with where the squad is. Have a look at the bench today. Zlamal, Bozanic, Mitchell, MacLean, Mulraney, Dikamona, Keena. With no place or returning from injury Souttar, Brandon, Godinho, Burns, Cochrane, Haring, McDonald, Ikpeazu, Wighton. That feels like a squad with decent depth and options. As long as we can avoid the same number of injuries to really key individuals, I'm feeling positive about the second half of the season.

I think as the game gets quicker Morrison improves, good thing for a winger. I also don't think we'd find a better player easily. His attitude is perfect, never gives in, and he always wants the ball. Stick with him in my opinion :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I understand or understood the clamour for Morrison to get game time but I’m not sure how he can be rated as being any better than Mulraney from what I’ve seen.

He was Livi’s best player at times today. I think he needs time and he could come could but I would like a decent wide attacker to sign in Jan if possible.

Livi’s best player?

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think as the game gets quicker Morrison improves, good thing for a winger. I also don't think we'd find a better player easily. His attitude is perfect, never gives in, and he always wants the ball. Stick with him in my opinion :thumbsup:

Spot on, Morrison has a chance, no doubt about that and we should stick with him.  Ok, yesterday, things didn't come off for him but he tries like a bear and just needs a goal.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Another wide player is needed but i also think we're done. We should try and replace the option Anankwaa gave us.

:whistling:

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yip. 

I'd only get another winger or player for that matter if it was a known quality. 

Very hard for a club like ours at anytime, nevermind in January. 

Amanwanka left, I wouldn't want another one. Morrison is far better than these types. 

I quite like Mulraney, I think with the right coaching he can be a threat. His pace in unbelievable. If he can work on his final

ball he could be a player like Martin Boyle

Alot moaning at Morrison but yesterday he put two on a plate for Naismith, both which Naismith missed his timing. He never hides and constantly looks to make something happen. Sometimes he over does it but a player like Morrison should be encouraged, I've no doubt he'll be working hard in training at his final ball but we have a player who's willing to run at defenders and capable of taking them on. One of the very few in our team who can.

12 minutes ago, jambojapp said:

Alot moaning at Morrison but yesterday he put two on a plate for Naismith, both which Naismith missed his timing. He never hides and constantly looks to make something happen. Sometimes he over does it but a player like Morrison should be encouraged, I've no doubt he'll be working hard in training at his final ball but we have a player who's willing to run at defenders and capable of taking them on. One of the very few in our team who can.

I think the guy is great. I always think something can happen when the ball comes to him. 

Worth reminding that he's still 19 and classed as a reserve player. 

1 hour ago, jambojapp said:

Spot on  

Sitting with a neutral (non Jambo) yesterday , he was very impressed with Morrison

1 hour ago, jambojapp said:

Absolutely. He's shown plenty to deserve a bit of faith. 

Worth persisting with - I think the issue for the team as a whole is that the other options have not worked out so far. If Amankwaa had been a consistent performer, or Mulraney been ready then we'd have been able to use Morrison more sparingly and with less pressure on him.  

I thought Morrison was excellent yesterday. Yes his final ball was inconsistent (like many wingers) but he was a constant out ball and was so much more involved than Greg Wylde for example. Also would have had a significant impact on the game but for a couple of air kicks by Naismith and a better pass by Lee

2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I thought Morrison was excellent yesterday. Yes his final ball was inconsistent (like many wingers) but he was a constant out ball and was so much more involved than Greg Wylde for example. Also would have had a significant impact on the game but for a couple of air kicks by Naismith and a better pass by Lee

I'd also note that the running Morrison was doing was causing Wylde to be less effective. The camera went to Wylde in the first half and it looked like he was breathing heavy. Then later on he fires Livingston best chance of the game into row z followed by being subbed off. I feel fans forget this part of the game often and don't realise how much a pain Morrison must be for who ever is picking him up. Boy didn't stop all game. 

There's a Magic Johnson moment waiting to happen with Morrison.  I predict week in week out he will score, it must be just a matter of time surely

On 18/01/2019 at 17:05, ToqueJambo said:

Why would a Hearts fan not not know the answers to that?

take the maroon specs off.

More money at aberdeen

Better players at aberdeen

higher up in the league

play in bigger games- cup finals/semi finals and europe

29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I like Morrison. He never hides, is quick and is quite brave as well in that he never shirks a tackle. 

He does need to improve his final ball and a goal would really do a lot for his confidence. 

He has a bright future.

Agree. I think in the fans desperation for a spark or someone to be entertained by, he’s having doubt cast over him unfairly. 

He needs to take responsibility and I think he does for a young player.

Doesn’t hide as you say and yesterday was unlike him with his erratic crossing. Everyone was off colour a bit. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I like Morrison. His quality wasn't great yesterday though, cant really agree he put 2 on a plate at all. Positive, he got into great positions and gave Lithgow a really hard time.

I like others feel this is a position though where we shouldn't rely purely on Calumn as it seems. Mulraney is a bit part, Mitchell not really deployed as a winger or in any sort of form we would expect of him, nor a long term option.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, maroon said:

More money at aberdeen

higher up in the league

play in bigger games- cup finals/semi finals and Europe

Money has evened up this season, we were 13 points clear of them when both squads were at full strength, we will be playing in all of these types games as we continue to develop our squad. We do have our infrastructure in place, they are still in the process of making that happen. We're from the capital. Though I have to admit, they have a superior bypass.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Think we might have the budget to get a player in as we SHOULD make the QTRs and the money it brings. 

Do you think that was in the mind set? Cup run, add a bit of quality?

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

There's a Magic Johnson moment waiting to happen with Morrison.  I predict week in week out he will score, it must be just a matter of time surely

He is very tense when he has a chance. Unless he changes that he won't score

Interesting stats with Morrison, he played 15 games scoring 0 goals during his first loan spell with Stirling Albion. He went back on loan the next season and played 16 games and scored 8 goals. Perhaps a similar outcome with us? Few goals this season and then really hits his stride next year. I think the BBC highlighted that our win ratio was much higher with him in the team during the coverage yesterday. Also worth noting he is only 19!

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Interesting stats with Morrison, he played 15 games scoring 0 goals during his first loan spell with Stirling Albion. He went back on loan the next season and played 16 games and scored 8 goals. Perhaps a similar outcome with us? Few goals this season and then really hits his stride next year. I think the BBC highlighted that our win ratio was much higher with him in the team during the coverage yesterday. Also worth noting he is only 19!

He's a young wide player.. He's going to be inconsistent. He'd be in my starting 11 every week - Pace, direction and an outlet. Wish we had another player like him on the left hand side.

I would rather we back him in always trying to go forward and accept that he will give the ball away from time to time, rather them hounding him until he only plays a safe back passes. 

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

I'd only get another winger or player for that matter if it was a known quality. 

Very hard for a club like ours at anytime, nevermind in January. 

Amanwanka left, I wouldn't want another one. Morrison is far better than these types. 

I'd kind of hoped, assuming this restriction on us playing Mitchell at left back is true, that with the change of manager at Man Utd, we could now go back to them and ask to have the lad played further up the park.

The Left Back thing has Mourinho written all over it. If that restriction is in place I doubt wee Ole with his penchant for more open play, would want it to carry on.

A lot of ifs and buts, however, we could have a decent attacking left mid or winger out of it.

Edited by Busby8

tartofmidlothian

Having seen Morrison a few times this season, his skill at beating players up the wing with speed and trickery is really outstanding. His crosses aren't exceptional, but he gets into dangerous areas and plays passes which create problems for the opposition. The only part of his game which has been poor so far is his shooting.

He and Mulraney are both tricky players with the potential to get better, but I'd say Morrison looks more likely to go places if he can add goals to his game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Having seen Morrison a few times this season, his skill at beating players up the wing with speed and trickery is really outstanding. His crosses aren't exceptional, but he gets into dangerous areas and plays passes which create problems for the opposition. The only part of his game which has been poor so far is his shooting.

He and Mulraney are both tricky players with the potential to get better, but I'd say Morrison looks more likely to go places if he can add goals to his game.

A left foot as well

11 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Anything from that Portuguese player suppose to be coming ?

Enquiries were made. Nothing further came of it. Probably for the best.

5 hours ago, maroon said:

More money at aberdeen

higher up in the league

We're catching up money-wise. I don't see them signing anyone of the starter of Berra, Lafferty and Naismith

I think we have a better squad than Aberdeen this year and our top players are better than their top players

They are higher up the league right now I'll give you that but typically we finish higher than them

How many cups have they won in the last 10 or 5 years compared to us?

3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If Morrison could add a good cross to his game, what a threat we would have. It's frustrating watching just now but I'm more than happy to give him game time to improve. I was heavily critical of him v Livi but there's undoubted potential there to be a class wide player.

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He is very tense when he has a chance. Unless he changes that he won't score

Can you only score if you're not tense?

We have been recommended a Ghanaian winger. Don't have a name at the moment. He may have been at the game yesterday.

Did anyone notice a potential player in the Directors Box?

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

We have been recommended a Ghanaian winger. Don't have a name at the moment. He may have been at the game yesterday.

Sure hubs had one on loan from Man Citeh....... has he kicked a ball for them yet ? 

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hope he's half decent & we can get him signed. Morrison, Mulraney might come good but a consistent winger with an end product would make such a difference .

I Think we will see one more player coming in trying to get a few out as we speak Gajda Martin Edwards wouldn't be surprised to see Irving possibly burns on the bench on Wednesday though with naismith suspended. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

6 hours ago, maroon said:

More money at aberdeen

higher up in the league

You must be at the wind up. 

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

A lot of older gentlemens names there. Eric, Francis, Kenneth

i think Theophilus could be the man !!!!!

Edited by gorgieheart
grammar

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

i thinks Theophilus could be the man !!!!!

Missed out Bernard and Jeffrey as well

7 hours ago, maroon said:

More money at aberdeen

higher up in the league

Outed yourself here old chap. 

Unlucky. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Always have a look out for new faces (excuse to monitor wags really) but nothing of interest yesterday

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Always have a look out for new faces (excuse to monitor wags really) but nothing of interest yesterday

Careful ya perv 

14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Outed yourself here old chap. 

Unlucky. 

not an aberdeen fan.

Hearts fan just offering an opinion on why GMS wouldnt come to us 

Footballs a game of opinions thats one of mine

Back to modern family ?

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

recommended by an agent or a scout?

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

recommended by an agent or a scout?

John Murray thinks he is worth looking at. Not sure where the original recommendation came from.