Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m sure the gentle banter of Kickback will make those hours fly by. 

Relying on KB to get me through my day.

I'm proper ****** now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

You give kickback a wee bit info that you have heard and the raving looneys start frothing at the mouth ? love it.

Kickback member ready at his computer 

image.jpeg.63ff1a008a10b6aace60791d2c4b6d0d.jpeg

2 hours ago, andrew said:

I'm not saying Lee is worth that or good enough for Stoke but folk baulking at the idea should remember Wigan paid £1m for Kipre in the summer.

Never even thought of that transfer. We don’t need to sell players so we should be able to push prices up to a point and as said before. Lee wether worth it or not £1mil would be nothing if they approached Luton for him if he was still there.

All the back and forth chat about him though. Whilst we we were struggling we were sitting deeper and that really doesn’t suit him he was more slightly more advanced against hibs. He had better support and Haring gave his all which afforded him more room and Lee had a more solid game. If he hadn’t scored the winner , prob 6/10. He needs to offer more more regularly but when we have everyone fit and are on the front foot more in games he is more effective to the cause.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Utter tripe

give evidence of him being anonymous other than he didn’t score goals. He is not an attacking midfielder he is a centre mid. He has been doing his job, the whole team wasn’t performing well under our injury crisis not just him, and I think he has done more than enough to redeem himself from the last game.

@Top Corner Hes not largely anonymous in games but as a centre mid he is more effective when we are on the front foot. As such you won’t see his contribution so well throughout our poor run. He’s not a Haring type who’s everywhere and always involved nor a Naismith type who is like a dog wi a bone for everything and anything on the park. He didn’t have a great overall game against Hibs but thats in relation to others in the team. He was solid though and produced a spanker in the top bin...

Edited by sadj

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

You give kickback a wee bit info that you have heard and the raving looneys start frothing at the mouth ? love it.

BFEB8C52-C6B6-4B5F-B066-7CB592A30F49.jpeg

I don't think we would sell Lee either. Would take a silly bid and Levein is just in the middle of building a team. But stoke are about to sell a couple of players and trying to offload a few high earners. Manager could be just after someone that he trust at the moment while building.

13 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Kickback member ready at his computer 

image.jpeg.63ff1a008a10b6aace60791d2c4b6d0d.jpeg

You look younger than I imagined Mac.

More hair too.  :whistling:

Does this winter break never end?  It started about 20 years ago and it's still bloody going.

Kickback has never been worse and I'm officially depressed.

Did Robbo score twice in our last game?

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Like your glasses Morgan they really offset your lunatic eyes:rofl:?

Blue eyes Mac, not lunatic.

Get with the programme ffs.  :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Blue eyes Mac, not lunatic.

Get with the programme ffs.  :rofl:

Sorry

Ole loony blue eyes.

Sorted:thumbsup:

Just now, Morgan said:

GTF.

:wink: 

Only kidding mate.

Your piercing blue eyes are legendary on this forum  ?

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Only kidding mate.

Your piercing blue eyes are legendary on this forum  ?

DFC62283-437C-4C2F-B50E-F790E9E30B1D.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:getout:

Starting to agree with @Sir Gio , the distinct lack of Billie Piper and her replacement with Morgan and Mac frothing to quote @To Be Frank “nut milk” is making this window longer not shorter and def not better

5 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I will no doubt be in a pretty small minority here, but that’s nothing new on here. ?

I think Lee is a very good player indeed for us, and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his form has almost exactly mirrored the availability of good forward players, who allow him to get forward and support them. The ball was ‘sticking’ earlier in the season, and he was playing well. Then when we lost Uche and Naismith, he was having to do work further back in the pitch and although he’s competent enough at that, you just don’t see his attacking attributes when he is forced to operate so deeply. With Dave arriving, Naismith back and Uche on his way, I think he’ll shine for the rest of the season.

Ho-hum. All about opinions though. ?

Good argument, well put

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Some bubble baths for a few here tonight, I think.

This is all your fault.....no idea why but I'm blaming you anyway.

5 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I will no doubt be in a pretty small minority here, but that’s nothing new on here. ?

I think Lee is a very good player indeed for us, and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his form has almost exactly mirrored the availability of good forward players, who allow him to get forward and support them. The ball was ‘sticking’ earlier in the season, and he was playing well. Then when we lost Uche and Naismith, he was having to do work further back in the pitch and although he’s competent enough at that, you just don’t see his attacking attributes when he is forced to operate so deeply. With Dave arriving, Naismith back and Uche on his way, I think he’ll shine for the rest of the season.

Spot on. 

4 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I am sure Lee signed a 3 yr deal ? If someone wants him no  big deal they will have to match our value. Think we would be foolish to sell him though unless the  money was to  good to turn down. 

Once he spoke to Craig Levein he did aye.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Agree. 

His style is about being fast and transitional. 

He often takes things first time, passing and shots. 

He has a quick thought process and his game depends on having options. 

Almost like his mind is made up what he is going to do as soon as he receives the ball. 

When there's no movement and/ or options he looks like he dithers, but it's not his game. He suffers for it. 

CL has got players that gel as a team with a style in mind , so when we lost so many key players others also looked worse. 

Lee taken a hit as well. 

I like Lee. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
3 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

What an utterly tragic thread this is. The sooner the window closes, the better.

Full of middle aged men trying to be funny very sad.

Lee is a good player for or level and he makes us tick when our stars are present. He suffered just having McLean up front as there was no one moving in front of him.

McLean was supposed to be support, back-up and experience and not leading the line, home and away. He cannot play the lone striker role at this stage of his career.

I'd be surprised if Stoke wanted Olly Lee as they clearly want back to the Premiership and Olly is not going to win you the Championship.

Olly Lee is a much better player than some folk give him credit for. It’s almost if their opinions have been swayed by the fact he has a song and they believe he doesn’t deserve one. Wouldn’t surprise me. He’s not there to score goals or to win tackles. He’s there to get the ball and move it forward. Transition from back to front. 

Imagine using our rotten form before Christmas as a stick to beat him with :laugh: Did anyone come

out of that run of games looking good? Not particularly. 

11 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Mate - you're not getting the rule of the jungle here. What some posters say goes. Lee is magic, Milinkovic was a world beater and Jamie Walker is the devil incarnate 

Or, by the same token, that Milinkovic was lazy, Lee is dreadful and Walker is somehow the saviour. 

Works both ways. 

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bryson linked to Hibs now. Apparently he's keen on moving back to Scotland.

No chance they can afford him. He started against Leeds on Friday night. 

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bryson linked to Hibs now. Apparently he's keen on moving back to Scotland.

Hibs seem to be the new rangers and linked with everyone at the moment 

Absolute Scenes

wouldn't be a transfer window without the mighty hibs scouting every player hearts have been linked with

Utter joke of a team

Edited by Absolute Scenes

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs seem to be the new rangers and linked with everyone at the moment 

They do have money to spend though.

That 3 million they got for McGinn must be burning a hole in Rod's pocket. ☺

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No chance they can afford him. He started against Leeds on Friday night. 

We had the same with Berra and Naismith. He's out of contract in the summer and if he wants to return to Scotland his options are limited, assuming Celtic don't want him. Derby fans seem to think he's past his best and they should get rid.

No idea if he'll sign for Hibs or not but I don't think it's that far-fetched.

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We had the same with Berra and Naismith. He's out of contract in the summer and if he wants to return to Scotland his options are limited, assuming Celtic don't want him. Derby fans seem to think he's past his best and they should get rid.

No idea if he'll sign for Hibs or not but I don't think it's that far-fetched.

I’m still sceptical. Berra wanted a move back to Edinburgh and would only really consider signing for Hearts. And Naismith doesn’t really have to think about money with all his investments. 

I doubt Bryson has accrued enough money to think about signing for relative peanuts at this stage of his career. 

35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They do have money to spend though.

That 3 million they got for McGinn must be burning a hole in Rod's pocket. ☺

Thought a big wedge of that was enroute to Sir Toms back pocket. 

mainstandjambo
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Thought a big wedge of that was enroute to Sir Toms back pocket. 

Not forgetting how much St Midden got from the sell on clause.

6 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Full of middle aged men trying to be funny very sad.

Better with dull men contributing nothing but negativity ?:thumbsup:

wouldn't be a transfer window without the mighty hibs scouting every player hearts have been linked with

Really ?

Utter joke of a team

Yup, every single transfer window is the same with them.