Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Hibs now favourites to sign Lawrence Shankland.

Popcorn teeth has been busy. Lewis Morgan has moved to Hibs for the rest of the season and I believe there's about 4 more to be announced by Wednesday. Some interesting names also. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

LarrysRightFoot
18 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Can you elaborate?

They are really good friends, McCall had been out of work for a while pre-Ayr and when he applied Lennon spoke or wrote to their chairman on McCalls behalf.  That’s the story I’ve heard anyway.

38 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Aye maybe and most likely thought this guy is rubbish.

Are you just completely disregarding the possibility that he’ll turn out to be a good player?

44 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Popcorn teeth has been busy. Lewis Morgan has moved to Hibs for the rest of the season and I believe there's about 4 more to be announced by Wednesday. Some interesting names also. 

Ok , ill bite. Interesting names? 

47 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Link/source re Morgan please. I suspect you’re talking shite

37 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They are really good friends, McCall had been out of work for a while pre-Ayr and when he applied Lennon spoke or wrote to their chairman on McCalls behalf.  That’s the story I’ve heard anyway.

??

Lewis Morgan would have been a great loan signing for us but Celtic would never have sanctioned it I suspect

Edited by tcjambo

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Defoe is done and will provide nowhere near value for money

He isn’t EPL standard but will score goals here. Pretty much guaranteed. He’s done it everywhere he’s been. If you were offered Shankland or him who would you take? 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Defoe is done and will provide nowhere near value for money

That’s a bold statement and I hope you are right. 

Personally I think he is a very good player and will do well for Rangers. 

17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He isn’t EPL standard but will score goals here. Pretty much guaranteed. He’s done it everywhere he’s been. If you were offered Shankland or him who would you take? 

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

That’s a bold statement and I hope you are right. 

Personally I think he is a very good player and will do well for Rangers. 

4 goals in 18 months ?

53 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Are you just completely disregarding the possibility that he’ll turn out to be a good player

Amankwaa? Couldn't give a **** how he turns out now tbh. I'll take a punt at him playing in the Danish lower leagues and retiring before he's 30.

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Amankwaa? Couldn't give a **** how he turns out now tbh. I'll take a punt at him playing in the Danish lower leagues and retiring before he's 30.

You were talking about Sean Clare, were you not?

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

4 goals in 18 months ?

It’s a good question to be fair who would you take

4 goal Jermain Defoe 

or 30 plus goals Shankland.

Defoe every time for me. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

4 goal Jermain Defoe 

Defoe every time for me. 

You would want his experience in the squad.

Naismith type player in that way.

Gerrard knows that.

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You were talking about Sean Clare, were you not?

Nah I was talking about Amankwaa at that point, might read like I was talking about Clare but **** knows, as for Clare, he might come good, wouldn't get in my current Hearts XI though.

12 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Any excuse for a bit of 1970s pop is good enough for me....

...any excuse for a tenuous link to some 90s pop too. 

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

4 goal Jermain Defoe 

Defoe every time for me. 

I’d rather Vanecek than either Defoe or Shankland ??

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Nah I was talking about Amankwaa at that point, might read like I was talking about Clare but **** knows, as for Clare, he might come good, wouldn't get in my current Hearts XI though.

Give Clare a break eh he's come back from an injury FFS he needs at least 2 years of games to get up to match speed 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You would want his experience in the squad.

Naismith type player in that way.

Gerrard knows that.

Correct your a good poster ? the difference is defoe has done it at a very decent level shankland is still raw and I would seriously question if he could take the next step up and bang them in at the same rate he is in the championship cumdog couldn't. 

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct your a good poster ? the difference is defoe has done it at a very decent level shankland is still raw and I would seriously question if he could take the next step up and bang them in at the same rate he is in the championship cumdog couldn't. 

Shankland is a funny one. There must be a reason no-one has went for him during the last two transfer windows...

?

Edited by To Be Frank

chuck berrys hairline
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Shankland is a funny one. There must be a reason no-one has went for him during the last two transfer windows...

?

Minimum Ayr will open negotiations at is 250,000 

12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

?

Didn’t we have him in on trial and deemed him not good enough?

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Minimum Ayr will open negotiations at is 250,000 

I would say more 500k. 

Anyone know the story with Michael O’Halloran? Just released on “compassionate” grounds by Melbourne City after only a few months, had a nightmare injury when he first joined them but only a few weeks ago was saying fit again and ready to go?

Not a great time with Rangers but was a strong performer with St Johnstone.

chuck berrys hairline
38 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I would say more 500k. 

Tbf after his exploits don't see why not. Figure I quoted was from their manager at start of season given during an interview during a cup game. Might've been Vs Motherwell in league cup. Said don't want to hold the laddie back but also in no rush to sell unless a serious offer comes in.

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

chester copperpot
Just now, chuck berrys hairline said:

Tbf after his exploits don't see why not. Figure I quoted was from their manager at start of season given during an interview during a cup game. Might've been Vs Dundee UTD in challenge cup. Said don't want to hold the laddie back but also in no rush to sell unless a serious offer comes in.

I am just guessing but think they will easily get half a mill for the guy. Seems a good prospect whenever I've watched him, which granted, hasn't been a lot!

21 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Very. What have you heard? 

Gerrard seems to want him if the various news articles online are anything to go by. Could just be playing link Gerrard to a random Scottish player though. 

We can't compete on wages, so if he really is I doubt we'll waste time on him. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gerrard seems to want him if the various news articles online are anything to go by. Could just be playing link Gerrard to a random Scottish player though. 

They are really stockpiling the players.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

They are really stockpiling the players.

He's 32. Its going to be like dads army over there by the end of this window. 

Maybe that might make talented youngsters think twice about going there (bonus for us!)

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Or his agent trying to generate one last big payday as he is out of contract in June.

Geoff the Mince
9 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

JJ was really keen on Bryson in 2011. Think we had failed bids before he went south 

He's  had a decent career down south ; again with these players wages are an issue . 

8 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

JJ was really keen on Bryson in 2011. Think we had failed bids before he went south 

Remember that well Jefferies signed him for Kilmarnock from Clyde originally and we made a 300k bid for him. Went to Derby for 500k. He's made a decent career for himself down south. Rangers were credited with a move for him few days ago 

1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

He's  had a decent career down south ; again with these players wages are an issue . 

Very decent indeed. Played at a very good level for coming on 8 yrs 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Remember that well Jefferies signed him for Kilmarnock from Clyde originally and we made a 300k bid for him. Went to Derby for 500k. He's made a decent career for himself down south. Rangers were credited with a move for him few days ago 

£300k was the figure I recall

Not sure if these are types we realistically can or should consider. Often they are casting glances towards Ibrox as well as being beyond our scope financially 

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not sure why folk are on about wages, when no-one has a clue(bar maybe two people) on this entire forum, who is on what at Hearts, what the targets are on, & how much we're willing to pay them.

Had this with Berra, Lafferty & Naismith. 

"Oh, that's them off to Rangers...we can't afford them." 

Didn't work out too badly, did it. 

Maybe Berra aside as he is an Edinburgh boy do you think if Rangers wanted Naismith he would be at Hearts?? 

No chance. That goes with Lafferty at the time  he signed for Hearts aswell. 

McCauley aswell. 

Bryson and Adam likewise. If they are wanted by Rangers they will more often than not be going there and not Hearts. 

I would love to see Bryson at Hearts hopefully Rangers don’t want him. 

Bryson is a good player and would take in a heartbeat. Though a loan of Anya would make more sense at the moment. Derby have been interested in Souttar for a while now and a bit short in centerhalfs at the moment though.

9 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Anyone know the story with Michael O’Halloran? Just released on “compassionate” grounds by Melbourne City after only a few months, had a nightmare injury when he first joined them but only a few weeks ago was saying fit again and ready to go?

Not a great time with Rangers but was a strong performer with St Johnstone.

I believe O'Halloran will be back at St.Johnstone sometime in January.

6 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I believe O'Halloran will be back at St.Johnstone sometime in January.

O'Halloran is exactly the type of player we should be in for....lost his way a bit, bags of pace and SPL experience and more importantly no transfer fee 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bryson spent Friday chasing shadows. Caveat so was Max Lowe who had a decent spell first half of the season. 

A bit short term and along the lines of Cowie 

I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw Craig Bryson play but he’s clearly had a steady career with Derby....7 years with one club in England and under about 10 different managers must mean he has something to offer. He’ll no doubt get better financial options from clubs down south who’ll see him as a safe bet for a season or two.

From memory he was an attacking midfielder, in a similar mould to Colin Cameron but without the goals.....so with that in mind he’d only be an option for us if Naismith was to reject the offer to stay.

Someone mentioned we were watching Penrice of P Thisthe.

I watched their game v Falkirk today he, saw a lot of the ball and grew into the game. Bit raw still, showed a good few tidy touches but a bit hit and miss with distribution. Some excellent offensive play mixed with poor decision making, sound positional sense and rarely beaten by Falkirk forwards. File under work in progress.

Separately Jordan McGhee looked fairly solid as Falkirk Centre half/Captain without being put under much pressure. The other former Jambo Ally Roy was only on for final mins and barely touched he ball

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Maybe Berra aside as he is an Edinburgh boy do you think if Rangers wanted Naismith he would be at Hearts?? 

No chance. That goes with Lafferty at the time  he signed for Hearts aswell. 

McCauley aswell. 

Bryson and Adam likewise. If they are wanted by Rangers they will more often than not be going there and not Hearts. 

I would love to see Bryson at Hearts hopefully Rangers don’t want him. 

Whether Naismith is at Rangers Hearts or even QoS would ultimately have been Norwich's decision as he is their player and he will be getting his full Norwich wage, one way or another.  It might be a different matter at the end of the season.

12 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

4 goals in 18 months ?

Well time will tell. I certainly hope he's another Ljunberg, Wright or Barton