Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Why would he not be a Levein type player? Levein has always signed, nurtured and valued that kind of player. Numerous examples throughout his time as Hearts manager.

Yep, was Valois not a Levein type player

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

I read that Craig is quite happy with his midfield options, I just wish that we had an experienced midfield general, someone a bit crafty and talented who could ping passes about, another Valois would be ideal if such a talent is around, Haring and Clare would flourish with their direct styles complemented by a more thoughtful style of midfielder.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

I read that Craig is quite happy with his midfield options, I just wish that we had an experienced midfield general, someone a bit crafty and talented who could ping passes about, another Valois would be ideal if such a talent is around, Haring and Clare would flourish with their direct styles complemented by a more thoughtful style of midfielder.

I didn't think Valois was that kind of midfielder really. Stevie Fulton or Iain Jardine maybe the type I think we lack - they are not easy to find though. Cochrane looks to me someone who could develop into that kind of role

Edited by scott herbertson

6 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Totally agree. If we go into the rest of the season banking on Peter Haring staying fit I think we're putting all our eggs in one basket and, the way things have gone this season I still think we're short. As I said before we have the numbers but we are not "strong"

I thought Valois played a bit deep with us due to his advancing years and loss of pace, he still oozed talent though, he could ping a perfect pass and packed a hell of a shot.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Now that Danny had gone I would expect another player to come in before the window shuts . 

I don’t think he’s freeing up much in the way of wages. Despite 5 months left on his contract he’s gone for free too. If anything I would imagine what we’re saving will go towards either contract extension or pre-contract. Which isn’t a bad thing.

On 10/01/2019 at 03:25, sairyinthat said:

Lots on here suggesting we should jump in at a couple of hundred thousand pounds for the lower league  guy Ayr/Airdrie who is scoring at a similar rate, not me though.

Couple of hundred thousand for this year's Nicky Clark/Gavin Reilly/Rory McAllister/Stephen Dobbie. No thanks. (Although Stephen Dobbie himself is also this year's Stephen Dobbie).

We need another winger to give us another option. Surprised this has not been addressed yet but there's still plenty of time.

I guess Vanacek was a replacement for Lafferty and CS is a replacement for Dunne so there should be money available given the fact that Danny has fecked off.

I’m pretty positive we’ll sign a right winger/wing back as that is the area imo we are weakest. Also looking at the Vaneceks stats, one of his main attributes is getting between defenders and scoring headers, we need quality in the wide positions to feed this guy. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m pretty positive we’ll sign a right winger/wing back as that is the area imo we are weakest. Also looking at the Vaneceks stats, one of his main attributes is getting between defenders and scoring headers, we need quality in the wide positions to feed this guy. 

Step foward Jamie Brandon ??

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

yep. heard he's a 'box' player who loves getting on the end of crosses

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think we need  more left sided players ideally

32 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Step foward Jamie Brandon ??

Love to see him back, has he played any games for the reserves yet? 

26 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yep. heard he's a 'box' player who loves getting on the end of crosses

Was reading this the other day, https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/11/20/2b1l82e153564vlakx0ekz0fwcdp6v?rq=Vanecek

22 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Depends on the formation we play.

If we are going 4-4-2 then i’d be inclined to agree as it would give us a better balance.

If we’re back to a 3 man defence, we’ve still got Garuccio & Mitchell, Burns, Mulraney and Naisy sort of operates in that left channel.

On the right we’ve got 3 young guys and Smith who’s more defensive. 

We build up a lot down the left but we play quite direct on the right side. We need someone more attacking down the right imo with a better delivery as Vanecek and Naisy both like to move in from that position onto their stronger foot.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Love to see him back, has he played any games for the reserves yet? 

Was reading this the other day, https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/11/20/2b1l82e153564vlakx0ekz0fwcdp6v?rq=Vanecek

Depends on the formation we play.

If we are going 4-4-2 then i’d be inclined to agree as it would give us a better balance.

If we’re back to a 3 man defence, we’ve still got Garuccio & Mitchell, Burns, Mulraney and Naisy sort of operates in that left channel.

On the right we’ve got 3 young guys and Smith who’s more defensive. 

We build up a lot down the left but we play quite direct on the right side. We need someone more attacking down the right imo with a better delivery as Vanecek and Naisy both like to move in from that position onto their stronger foot.

Brandon’s played a couple of reserve games and got some minutes against Lokeren yesterday too ??

12 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

I thought Valois played a bit deep with us due to his advancing years and loss of pace, he still oozed talent though, he could ping a perfect pass and packed a hell of a shot.

He was 29 when he joined Hearts.

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Totally agree. If we go into the rest of the season banking on Peter Haring staying fit I think we're putting all our eggs in one basket and, the way things have gone this season I still think we're short. As I said before we have the numbers but we are not "strong"

14 hours ago, ramrod said:

Now that Danny had gone I would expect another player to come in before the window shuts . 

12 hours ago, cosanostra said:

We need another winger to give us another option. Surprised this has not been addressed yet but there's still plenty of time.

I guess Vanacek was a replacement for Lafferty and CS is a replacement for Dunne so there should be money available given the fact that Danny has fecked off.

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Every time i read this thread i get a Billy Idol moment in my head

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more" In the midnight hour babe- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell- "more, more, more" More, more, more.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more" In the midnight hour babe- "more, more, more" With a rebel yell- "more, more, more" More, more, more.

And your point is?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And your point is?

It's early in the morning - I'm not quite ready to do 'my point is' but i think my point was that scrolling down there's folk saying we need right backs left sided players midfielders and wingers. We're probably not going to get them all.

Not much of a point really but i thought I'd just share the song anyway

Guess The Crowd
8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Any excuse for a bit of 1970s pop is good enough for me....

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

It's early in the morning - I'm not quite ready to do 'my point is' but i think my point was that scrolling down there's folk saying we need right backs left sided players midfielders and wingers. We're probably not going to get them all.

I quite like Billy Idol and is that not the point of a football forum for people to give their thoughts on all things football.

At the risk of you still not being quite ready I will suggest that we still need a creative midfielder with a bit of pace (I know they are not easy to acquire) and a wide player who can beat a man on the outside and put in decent crosses so that our big strikers can attack the ball facing the goals rather than the way we normally put crosses in.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I quite like Billy Idol and is that not the point of a football forum for people to give their thoughts on all things football.

At the risk of you still not being quite ready I will suggest that we still need a creative midfielder with a bit of pace (I know they are not easy to acquire) and a wide player who can beat a man on the outside and put in decent crosses so that our big strikers can attack the ball facing the goals rather than the way we normally put crosses in.

Don't differ much on the wish list - I would say of the two you suggest it's the midfielder where we are potentially the worst off as although we have a lot of midfield cover we have few who can put their foot on the ball and dictate play . This really became most apparent when Naismith was out as the ball came back quicker to midfield and we couldn't hold on to it. Morrison and Mulraney may provide the wing play now they have a clear target man and with Uche returning there's another player who knows where the byeline is

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Don't differ much on the wish list - I would say of the two you suggest it's the midfielder where we are potentially the worst off as although we have a lot of midfield cover we have few who can put their foot on the ball and dictate play . This really became most apparent when Naismith was out as the ball came back quicker to midfield and we couldn't hold on to it. Morrison and Mulraney may provide the wing play now they have a clear target man and with Uche returning there's another player who knows where the byeline is

The worry is that CL says we are fine in midfield. Hopefully he is just saying that and is still looking hard to bring in at least one of what we are hoping for.

14 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Not ITK but heard we’re interested in Jeremy Goss 

Phenomenal in training, apparently. Read somewhere that JJ just couldn't drop the boy.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The worry is that CL says we are fine in midfield. Hopefully he is just saying that and is still looking hard to bring in at least one of what we are hoping for.

Still more to arrive i'm told.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think it would be remiss not to look to add.

The ante has been upped the competition fierce

Tennant's  6's

One more player, a wide / creative type would be superb. 

Killie,  hibs both look weaker. Dons haven't made any signings yet. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

For sure. I expect another couple before the end of the month and Cadden on a pre-contract.

Hope so. Feel that standing still will be going backwards 

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Still more to arrive i'm told.

If it’s the same person that told you Charlie Adam was 85% signing then tell him to blow ?

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

It's a nice day for a Shite Winger......... 

to go back to Denmark. ? 

Bazzas right boot

Was just away to say... 

We need a left sided, right winger who is a midfielder that scores goals.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If it’s the same person that told you Charlie Adam was 85% signing then tell him to blow ?

He might still sign. 

Wouldn't rule out a summer move. 

Folk laughed at the Berra, Lafferty and Naismith stuff but they happened, some 6months later. 

With 19 days of the transfer window left there is a fairly good 50/50 chance that we’ll sign someone else.

Is this vague enough to be considered ‘ITK’ ?

Maybe you need to see a doctor for that lol

GorgieRules22
14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He might still sign. 

Wouldn't rule out a summer move. 

Folk laughed at the Berra, Lafferty and Naismith stuff but they happened, some 6months later. 

Craig Zlevein said he’s not interested, just a hunch but that I think means we’re not in for him or even have been.

Wow. The amount of ?ends on here is sickening.

I Still believe Charlie Adam will be a Hearts player. Might not happen this window but I believe we have spoken to him and he is keen. It was left at that. Likewise Jamie Walker. 

There could be another 2 players arriving in January if another 1 or 2 go out as planned.

Bags of sh!te get thrown at you on here for passing on some info. Grow up ladies.

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Wow. The amount of ?ends on here is sickening.

I Still believe Charlie Adam will be a Hearts player. Might not happen this window but I believe we have spoken to him and he is keen. It was left at that. Likewise Jamie Walker. 

There could be another 2 players arriving in January if another 1 or 2 go out as planned.

Bags of sh!te get thrown at you on here for passing on some info. Grow up ladies.

F###k em Daz. Your info is appreciated by the majority