Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Djoum will be away and we will need a replacement. If our benefactors are nice to us. Can see Craig trying to get Chris Cadden early or pre contract. 

Cadden is hardly a like for like replacement for Djoum though although he is a decent young player.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I do enjoy the football supporters skewed views on transfers, ‘release Amankwaa and free up a wage’. So we tell him he’s not wanted and he packs up and goes then, leaving behind a 6 month contract worth x amount? The reality is we may come to a deal but he’ll walk off with a large percentage of the money he would’ve been due so if you think of the economics of it the money we ‘save’ comes at the end of his contract not from the moment he walks out. The January budget is unaffected or even worse because of it.  

Appearance fees, bonuses, whether we lump sum what he's owed or amortized over the remainder of his deal could feasibly make a considerable saving or at least freeing up of cash flow. It's more accounting rather than economics.

Equally it may not. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Appearance fees, bonuses, whether we lump sum what he's owed or amortized over the remainder of his deal could feasibly make a considerable saving or at least freeing up of cash flow. It's more accounting rather than economics.

Equally it may not. 

Eh?

27 minutes ago, Rods said:

Would like to see us get Scott Allan just for the wind up 

He will be first on Lennon's shopping list. It seems to be the only place he can play.

19 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Levein was saying that aswell, however seems to have changed his tune a bit last couple of interviews !!

The tightness of the league this season may have something to do with his change of heart. Bring in a couple of decent players along with Vanacek and the return of Souttar and Uche and who knows what could happen.

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Eh?

I see terminating an individuals contract early and the subsequent management and reporting of that as accounting as it is how we record that payment which will influence the effect it has on our cash flow more than the actual sum of money.

I'm guessing you view it more as economics given your comment. Which is fair enough.

4 hours ago, cb1874 said:

So, with the transfer window opening soon, who(realistically), should we be looking to recruit and would we move on to free up wages/fees.

Out: Mitchell, Amankwaa, Djoum(refused new deal apparently)... Sammon and Edwards already out on loan. 

In: Naismith pre-contract(wishful thinking maybe), Extend the deals for  Dunne if possible. Extend Haring, Uche, Souttar. 

New signings: Attempt to get Kamara from Dundee, and Stewart from Killie

Thoughts

1) We shouldn't be giving up on Djoum unless he has something more lucrative lined up. I would ask him to come back to us and see if we can match what the other clubs are offering. Either way unless we are offered silly money he is with us until the end of the season - so why would we be keen to let him go?

2) I agree about extending Haring, Uche, Souttar should be the priority as these players are young enough to play for years to come or earn good transfer fees.

3) Naismith would be great but there is no point in busting the bank to get him

4) Amankwaa will leave I imagine. Possibly Mitchell too.

5) Centre back (hopefully Dunne) , left back and a left winger would be the positions we will target.

Would take Scott Allan. Not sure whether we’d be interested though. Much prefer Naisy up top so could get Allan in behind Naisy and Uche. Depends on whether Djoum is going or not. 

50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Rangers have Kilmarnock and Livingston away in January and Celtic have a game in hand so the title challenge will be extinguished pretty sharply. Celtic, like ourselves, have some very favourable fixtures in January. Aberdeen have to go to Easter Road so we could be right up there (again) by February. Wonder where we would be sitting just now if we hadn’t had all these injuries!

top by a country mile

Word on the street yesterday, from my usually reliable source, is that Djoum wants to leave in January. Maybe has something lined up already. Hopefully a rich club willing to pay a fair price...

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Word on the street yesterday, from my usually reliable source, is that Djoum wants to leave in January. Maybe has something lined up already. Hopefully a rich club willing to pay a fair price...

Heard much the same unfortunately. After last night maybe a second go would be prudent. Though i was told offers had been submitted. Shame. 

To be fair I’d be pretty hacked off if we didn’t coin in on an AFCON cup winner.

We’ve got to profit on some players at times and Djoum isn’t indispensable 

1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

The meltdown in Leith would be hilarious!!

In all seriousness though, Scott Allan would be an asset to just about any midfield in Scotland....great ability in finding the killer pass to unlock defences. Someone like him backed up by Haring would do some damage. Stick Naismith in an advanced midfield role with 2 wing backs, all supplying Uche and Vanecek...mouth watering.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Would like to see us get Scott Allan just for the wind up 

He was sitting in the Hibs end yesterday. Think he's a cert to be heading back to ER in Jan.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I see terminating an individuals contract early and the subsequent management and reporting of that as accounting as it is how we record that payment which will influence the effect it has on our cash flow more than the actual sum of money.

I'm guessing you view it more as economics given your comment. Which is fair enough.

I view it as making no difference whatsoever in the long run and can't see the wisdom - if there is any.  Just putting off paying a debt to free up cash but the chickens come home to roost eventually.

5 hours ago, cb1874 said:

So, with the transfer window opening soon, who(realistically), should we be looking to recruit and would we move on to free up wages/fees.

Out: Mitchell, Amankwaa, Djoum(refused new deal apparently)... Sammon and Edwards already out on loan. 

In: Naismith pre-contract(wishful thinking maybe), Extend the deals for  Dunne if possible. Extend Haring, Uche, Souttar. 

Thoughts

Djoum surely not being sold in January? 

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Kamara heavily linked to Cardiff, Swansea and Derby. They will blow us out of the water money wise.

The priority should be getting Naismith on a pre contract, agreeing Jimmy Dunne’s loan extension and then like the OP stated, begin to dish out new contracts.

I’d personally be trying to get Craig Halkett on a pre contract from Livi and push for Jordan Jones from Kilmarnock. Would not be surprised to see us agreeing a pre contract deal for Chris Cadden from Motherwell, although they will be due a development fee.

No way we'll get Hallett. He's surely away to England or old firm. 

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

A loan or two may be the answer. 

We have Mitchell and Naismith on loan. You are allowed 4 loans in. So Dunne and one other. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No way we'll get Hallett. He's surely away to England or old firm. 

Previously at Rangers so may or may not want to go back and no chance he’ll go to Celtic. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Is Jones not wanted by the Uglies?

He can chose a bigger club/ more wages than Hearts. Fantasy stuff some of the names on here. 

5 hours ago, cb1874 said:

Thoughts

Not a lot wrong with that as both Kamara and Stewart would make our team better.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Rangers have Kilmarnock and Livingston away in January and Celtic have a game in hand so the title challenge will be extinguished pretty sharply. Celtic, like ourselves, have some very favourable fixtures in January. Aberdeen have to go to Easter Road so we could be right up there (again) by February. Wonder where we would be sitting just now if we hadn’t had all these injuries!

The crazy thing is even with all our injuries we could easily be 3 pts off the top if it wasn't for those two incredible reffing decisions vs Rangers and St J. 

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The crazy thing is even with all our injuries we could easily be 3 pts off the top if it wasn't for those two incredible reffing decisions vs Rangers and St J. 

Add Naismith’s missed pen against Livingston to the list of calamities that befallen us! Outstanding effort to be in touching distance of top spot.

Mitchell looks like he perhaps doesn’t want to be here and we’d need to replace him at left back.

Jimmy Dunne may be recalled by Burnley as they are haemorrhaging goals and perhaps Dyche will want to give the boy a chance to step up after his immense displays here. We might have to look at replacing him depending on Souttars fitness but Michael Smith has never put a foot wrong at CB so it’s maybe a right back we need. 

We need a wide player imo unless Mulraney or Amankwaa find the baws to step up. 

Get Djoum, Naisy and Clevid signed up.

I’d be looking to sign Chris’s Cadden as a solution at Right Mid/Wing Back in the summer. 

And a good solid goalkeeper, I’d take Bain from Celtic. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Mitchell looks like he perhaps doesn’t want to be here and we’d need to replace him at left back.

Jimmy Dunne may be recalled by Burnley as they are haemorrhaging goals and perhaps Dyche will want to give the boy a chance to step up after his immense displays here. We might have to look at replacing him depending on Souttars fitness but Michael Smith has never put a foot wrong at CB so it’s maybe a right back we need. 

We need a wide player imo unless Mulraney or Amankwaa find the baws to step up. 

Get Djoum, Naisy and Clevid signed up.

I’d be looking to sign Chris’s Cadden as a solution at Right Mid/Wing Back in the summer. 

And a good solid goalkeeper, I’d take Bain from Celtic. 

Michael Smith deserves a new contract as well. Bain is a big jambo but not sure Celtic would let him join us. Cadden I feel is inevitable, we’ve tried to get him twice before and now he is out of contract in then summer will see him head to the capital. 

6 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Hearing Allan and Kamara going to Hibs.

Allan will but Kamara won’t, he’s been heavily linked with Cardiff, Derby, Swansea and a couple of clubs in Germany top division. Doubt he is going to go from one bottom 6 team to another when there are more lucrative offers kicking about.

21 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Hearing Allan and Kamara going to Hibs.

Kamara will have bigger offers than Hibs

Allan will sign for Hibs 

thecorrieorphin
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Allan the 60 minute man - who cares

Allan needs good players about him to perform. Hibs don't have those players 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We have Mitchell and Naismith on loan. You are allowed 4 loans in. So Dunne and one other. 

isn't the 4 loans thing only relevant to loans from other scottish clubs? so we would be able to loan multiple players from other associations

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

isn't the 4 loans thing only relevant to loans from other scottish clubs? so we would be able to loan multiple players from other associations

Correct. Naismith, Dunne and Mitchell are classed as "temporary transfers" as opposed to a "loan". 

8 hours ago, cb1874 said:

Thoughts

We'd have to get a very sizeable offer for Djoum to let him go. We're unlikely to find another club that wants to take Amankwaa on. We're unlikely to see much movement at all in January. 

Jambof3tornado

Cant see naismith agreeing to anything until he sees if we are playing European football next season.

Kamara to hibs......thats a belter.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cant see naismith agreeing to anything until he sees if we are playing European football next season.

Kamara to hibs......thats a belter.

Naismith made some good comments pre match, he said we've improved alot since he arrived, I agree totally. I think he needs to keep seeing that improvement before he commits, he is a winner 

I know he is injured but there is a chance a club will still try pick up John Souttar. Maybe another reason for us to try to pick up a defender.

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

OP wide of the mark. 

Only a nut job would let Djoum go in January. Or Mitchell for that matter. Behind Garuccio now but could yet be required. 

Some of the stuff mentioned not related to the window either. 

Winger would be my priority. Morrison has done well but still young for the pressure 

Agreed. Winger would be good. A CH if Dunne leaves.

Neither really musts as such though.

Wouldnt be letting anyone currently involved to leave. Maybe Amankwaa

Just been told by a reliable source. 

Defender from Leeds( Not told if loan or signing) 

A winger on loan 

make of it what you will 

3 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Just been told by a reliable source. 

Defender from Leeds( Not told if loan or signing) 

A winger on loan 

make of it what you will 

It better be cooper or Douglas.

Thought Police
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Heard about the defender too and that he was our guest last night

Hope he was in the South stand

NaturalOrder74

We’re going to be absolutely filthy when injuries are al back and maybe add a winger or two, it’s nice to have a good core of a team again 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

I'll go for Conor Shaughnessy and David Milinkovic.

Malinky no thanks didn't turn up for me enough just my personal opinion

rudi must stay

don't think Milinkovic left on the best of terms. A tour doesn't sound like a loan signing to me, we may be about to pull a signing out of the bag ?

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

don't think Milinkovic left on the best of terms. A tour doesn't sound like a loan signing to me, we may be about to pull a signing out of the bag ?

Could be a pre contract mate?