Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

So, with the transfer window opening soon, who(realistically), should we be looking to recruit and would we move on to free up wages/fees.

Out: Mitchell, Amankwaa, Djoum(refused new deal apparently)... Sammon and Edwards already out on loan. 

In: Naismith pre-contract(wishful thinking maybe), Extend the deals for  Dunne if possible. Extend Haring, Uche, Souttar. 

New signings: Attempt to get Kamara from Dundee, and Stewart from Killie

Thoughts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

We don't have the money at present to do alot of business this window. It will be a very quiet one by our recent standards.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We don't have the money at present to do alot of business this window. It will be a very quiet one by our recent standards.

Agreed...hence the reason I think we'll have to move a few on to free up money. I think we'll bring in 1 or 2, going by recent Levein quotes, but I'm really hoping to tie up our best assets on longer deals...that would be my priority...the 2 names I mentioned are just a wish list really, but also players who I think ought to be attainable.

1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

So, with the transfer window opening soon, who(realistically), should we be looking to recruit and would we move on to free up wages/fees.

Out: Mitchell, Amankwaa, Djoum(refused new deal apparently)... Sammon and Edwards already out on loan. 

In: Naismith pre-contract(wishful thinking maybe), Extend the deals for  Dunne if possible. Extend Haring, Uche, Souttar. 

Thoughts

Didn’t know about Djoum. If true, a bit galling as he’s been injured  a lot of his time with us.

1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

Thoughts

Virtually no rumours/itk . Presume that means nothing doing ?

24 minutes ago, lou said:

I love Dunne, however we are never going to get him on a permanent deal, o would rather get  Dikamona on a longer deal.

Sure we have a year option on Clevid. 

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Virtually no rumours/itk . Presume that means nothing doing ?

I think along with Vanaceck we'll see 2 in. In no way ITK just a feeling

Lord Beni of Gorgie

OP wide of the mark. 

Only a nut job would let Djoum go in January. Or Mitchell for that matter. Behind Garuccio now but could yet be required. 

Some of the stuff mentioned not related to the window either. 

Winger would be my priority. Morrison has done well but still young for the pressure 

Kamara heavily linked to Cardiff, Swansea and Derby. They will blow us out of the water money wise.

The priority should be getting Naismith on a pre contract, agreeing Jimmy Dunne’s loan extension and then like the OP stated, begin to dish out new contracts.

I’d personally be trying to get Craig Halkett on a pre contract from Livi and push for Jordan Jones from Kilmarnock. Would not be surprised to see us agreeing a pre contract deal for Chris Cadden from Motherwell, although they will be due a development fee.

Allowayjambo1874

I do enjoy the football supporters skewed views on transfers, ‘release Amankwaa and free up a wage’. So we tell him he’s not wanted and he packs up and goes then, leaving behind a 6 month contract worth x amount? The reality is we may come to a deal but he’ll walk off with a large percentage of the money he would’ve been due so if you think of the economics of it the money we ‘save’ comes at the end of his contract not from the moment he walks out. The January budget is unaffected or even worse because of it.  

pettigrewsstylist

Cadden and Jones would be great business but wages will have to be freed up for that to happen i imagine. Both are "proven" in this league and are still young enough. 

Any pre-contracts for Cadden, GMS, Halkett and or Stewart would be good business.

Martin, Sammon and Amankwaa wages will pay for at least 2 of them.

I would like to keep Djoum as I believe he is starting to get back to the kind of former we know he is capable of. 

That being said he is probably one of our highest earners an freeing up.his salary would probably allow Craig to recruit an able replacement. 

Edited by jambogemz

Hackney Hearts

Can't believe we're talking about letting Mitchell go. I mean, I know why it's an issue and I know his form has dropped dramatically (and he's not a full back) - I just can't believe it's come to this. Getting him back for this season seemed like such a coup.

Hope he'll come good, he can be so exciting (in the right position).

17 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

How can we get Greg Stewart from  Kilmarnock when they have him on loan from another club? ?

That's Levein's problem to sort, not ours. 

Skippy Doodle

Hearts F.C Jan 2019 - Less Is More... purefitbaw.com/2018/12/28/hea… via @PureFitbaw

Check out my blog looking at the upcoming January transfer window for @JamTarts and let me know what you think

Blog was posted before last night ?

Vanecek in

Naismith Pre Contract

Dunne further 6 months

Maybe a 6 month loan for Milinkovic?

Then extend some contracts, notably Clevid and if possible Djoum

Pre contracts for Cadden, Halkett & Stewart if we can

Edited by boag1874

41 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Kamara heavily linked to Cardiff, Swansea and Derby. They will blow us out of the water money wise.

The priority should be getting Naismith on a pre contract, agreeing Jimmy Dunne’s loan extension and then like the OP stated, begin to dish out new contracts.

I’d personally be trying to get Craig Halkett on a pre contract from Livi and push for Jordan Jones from Kilmarnock. Would not be surprised to see us agreeing a pre contract deal for Chris Cadden from Motherwell, although they will be due a development fee.

Is Jones not wanted by the Uglies?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Vanecek in

Naismith Pre Contract

Dunne further 6 months

Maybe a 6 month loan for Milinkovic?

Then extend some contracts, notably Clevid and if possible Djoum

Pre contracts for Cadden, Halkett & Stewart if we can

That would be gravy. 

Not bothered either way about Dikamona, tho. Ten a penny centre half. 

Smith needs his contract extended too. 

Pre-contract for Naismith is 100% vital. I think he'll stay too. He gets the club and is the logical successor to Skacel in terms of hero status.

I think Dunne will come back too.

Pre-contracts for Cadden and Halkett would be terrific. Exactly the sorts of players that would improve us with massive potential for their own personal growth. I like Greg Stewart too. He can play the Naismith role and i doubt we'll get 40 games a season from Naismith.

I think we'll get at least another winger on loan similar to Dave Milinkovic. It might actually be Milinkovic. Maybe two wingers actually. We should probably have 4 in the squad with 2 for each side.

I think Kamara from Dundee is a great player but he'll be able to get 10k a week in the Championship from a few clubs.

I'd guess 3 players in (not including re-signing Dunne) with Vanecek being the first. 

If Dunne doesn't return, we'll sign another centre half as well.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

That would be gravy. 

Not bothered either way about Dikamona, tho. Ten a penny centre half. 

Smith needs his contract extended too. 

Smith deffo earned an extension 

way out west jambo

Priority will be to get Naismith signed and then a wide player, maybe 2 wide players depending if the budget allows for this or if wages can be freed up to allow this to happen?

I like Morrison but he’s inconsistent. Demi hasn’t performed when he’s played as a winger. I feel this is where we lack options. When we line up with 4 CM’s in midfield we’re (usually) pretty solid, but when it’s one of those games where you need a spark or a bit more penetration, we lack the wide players to make these changes. It’s not really happened for Demi this season or Amankwa the last 2 seasons. Morrison & Mulraney  are our only real wide options. Morrison’s has some good games but then some average games. Mulraney isn’t the finished article yet and I think needs the rest of this season to find his feet. If possible 1 or 2 quality wingers is what we should add.

As someone said and I said yesterday - the results yesterday mean wee are still in the title race 

Rangers and Celtic can’t string any consistent runs together. 

For examole if we won 4 on the trot I’d expect us to be with 1 or 2 points off top - and once we get the injuries sorted I expect us to put a run together like we did at the start of the campaign.

With Vanacek coming I don’t think we need much. 1 or 2. A good quality wide attacker and a Colin Cameron type midfielder.

If we got that we’ll win the league IMO

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

There is money available don't u know Mr benefactor just upped Craigs transfer kitty after last night so we can do the double ?? on a serious note though mate I can tell u there is money available and it will depend who Craig wants. 

Just now, way out west jambo said:

Priority will be to get Naismith signed and then a wide player, maybe 2 wide players depending if the budget allows for this or if wages can be freed up to allow this to happen?

I like Morrison but he’s inconsistent. Demi hasn’t performed when he’s played as a winger. I feel this is where we lack options. When we line up with 4 CM’s in midfield we’re (usually) pretty solid, but when it’s one of those games where you need a spark or a bit more penetration, we lack the wide players to make these changes. It’s not really happened for Demi this season or Amankwa the last 2 seasons. Morrison & Mulraney  are our only real wide options. Morrison’s has some good games but then some average games. Mulraney isn’t the finished article yet and I think needs the rest of this season to find his feet. If possible 1 or 2 quality wingers is what we should add.

I think it's highly unlikely that Amankwaa or Mulraney will ever amount to much at Hearts. In fact, Amankwaa will be gone in the Summer.

Mulraney is not a top half SPFL player. He might still have the odd impact on the odd game as substitute but he's not going to be starting many games for us. He's still got 1.5yrs to go so he's probably going to remain a squad player for that amount of time.

We can't really depend on either of those guys so signing 2 wingers is definitely possible.

46 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

How can we get Greg Stewart from  Kilmarnock when they have him on loan from another club? ?

Can his parent club not recall him? Then sell in the window?

32 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That's Levein's problem to sort, not ours. 

3 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Can his parent club not recall him? Then sell in the window?

He can’t play for us if he’s already played for two teams this season though?

10 minutes ago, El Diez said:

The rate Burnley are shipping goals, they could do worse than taking Jimmy Dunne back.

He is back getting treatment for hsi injury and we only have a deal until January which CL was going to be talking to them about extending.

He might not need to now that Dikamona is back and Souttar is due back in Feb I think. Smith has shown that he can cover there to.

Just now, wavydavy said:

He is back getting treatment for hsi injury and we only have a deal until January which CL was going to be talking to them about extending.

He might not need to now that Dikamona is back and Souttar is due back in Feb I think. Smith has shown that he can cover there to.

Yeah I knew his deal ended in January and by ‘taking back’ I meant not allowing him to come back to Hearts, as we hope to do. ??

I seen Burnleys game with Everton. Awful. They could do worse than having a fit JD playing for them.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

He can’t play for us if he’s already played for two teams this season though?

Don’t think he’s  played for anyone other than Killie.

Someone may correct me on that.

9 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Don’t think he’s  played for anyone other than Killie.

Someone may correct me on that.

Not sure if he’s played for Birmingham this season. It’s a non-runner anyway I reckon. His form for Killie will have alerted teams with a bigger budget than us.

Just now, Rods said:

Would like to see us get Scott Allan just for the wind up 

The meltdown in Leith would be hilarious!!

In all seriousness though, Scott Allan would be an asset to just about any midfield in Scotland....great ability in finding the killer pass to unlock defences. Someone like him backed up by Haring would do some damage. Stick Naismith in an advanced midfield role with 2 wing backs, all supplying Uche and Vanecek...mouth watering.

In her interview Ann Budge said Levein would be happy with just Vanecek in January.

I would be looking to get another winger and think Milinkovic would be available given he hasn’t played at Hull but just don’t know if he would be fit enough or whether Levein rates him.

Levein was saying that aswell, however seems to have changed his tune a bit last couple of interviews !!

Edited by steve123

Allowayjambo1874
4 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

The meltdown in Leith would be hilarious!!

In all seriousness though, Scott Allan would be an asset to just about any midfield in Scotland....great ability in finding the killer pass to unlock defences. Someone like him backed up by Haring would do some damage. Stick Naismith in an advanced midfield role with 2 wing backs, all supplying Uche and Vanecek...mouth watering.

Thought he was poor at Dundee when he went there on loan. Think he’s one of those players that just fits with a club and his is Hibs. 

Djoum will be away and we will need a replacement. If our benefactors are nice to us. Can see Craig trying to get Chris Cadden early or pre contract. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It will be interesting because Levein said yesterday that he wants to strengthen the squad in January, or words to that effect. 

We are only 6 points off the top of the league and if we add a few and keep players fit, then a high finish is totally possible. 

The blinkered media are already having a wankfest about the ersecheeks being in a title race. I wouldn't rule out a couple of others being in the mix.

Rangers have Kilmarnock and Livingston away in January and Celtic have a game in hand so the title challenge will be extinguished pretty sharply. Celtic, like ourselves, have some very favourable fixtures in January. Aberdeen have to go to Easter Road so we could be right up there (again) by February. Wonder where we would be sitting just now if we hadn’t had all these injuries!

42 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Yeah I knew his deal ended in January and by ‘taking back’ I meant not allowing him to come back to Hearts, as we hope to do. ??

I seen Burnleys game with Everton. Awful. They could do worse than having a fit JD playing for them.

Yes they are really struggling at the moment. Big turnaround from last season. I'm not sure Dunne would solve their problems though albeit he his a good defender.