Colin Doyle

DVB

Eventually we will drop points if he keeps dropping balls when he comes out for crossed balls. He is not confident at all. We need another keeper, urgently. I was walking past levein and Daly on the way out and noticed Daly had his head in his hands after Doyle dropped the ball again at the end. So not unnoticed!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• indianajones

• jambo in iraq

• gashauskis9

• Beast Boy

7 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Zlmal started well enough but became error prone. The penalty he gave away at Livingston coming for a cross ball. Have we all wiped that from memory. Doyle deserves the jersey until he does something to lose it. It is how it worked with Bobby 

Realistically there is not alot between either keeper and maybe next season we will see a change then.

If we're hoping to improve year-on-year this should be at the top of Craig's to-do list. Brian Clough was the first manager to recognise the value of a good keeper and paid top dollar for it. We might not be able to pay top dollar but I'm sure there are better out there than Zlamal and Doyle, neither of whom instill confidence in me.

jambo in iraq

the guy is absolutely rank rotten. He is glued to his line, has no command of area at all. Cannot catch a cross, cannot jump. Even his shot stopping was not clean. He made a diving TV save yesterday that was laughable in that it was going literally 5 m wide. Zamal is better keeper IMO opinion, but the bar has been set high with keepers at Hearts. Both are desperately lacking compared to previous stoppers such as Rousset, Niemi, Gordon, McLaughlin or even MacDonald or Kello for that matter.

I would say go and make an offer for Foderingham at Rangers, always looked decent and wont be satisfied being a sub keeper. Even Doris de Vries, Jamie MacDonald or Liam Kelly would be a better options.

joondalupjambo

My worry is that he charges off his line to try and get to a ball he cannot reach, wipes out a forward and gives away a penalty.   Luckily yesterday it appeared that he took out Hearts players when he came off his line for a couple of the crosses.

1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

Neither Doyle or Zlamal are good enough. A new goalkeeper is required.

Pretty much this if we're really to kick on.

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Cup winner, so I won’t get stuck in too much. He gave me palpitations though. The way he would parry the ball back to attackers was terrifying.

Gifted Inverness the Scottish Cup with one.

He has improved though not first choice, as behind Bachmann now at Kilmarnock. Could be an option. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Eventually we will drop points if he keeps dropping balls when he comes out for crossed balls. He is not confident at all. We need another keeper, urgently. I was walking past levein and Daly on the way out and noticed Daly had his head in his hands after Doyle dropped the ball again at the end. So not unnoticed!

Well they signed both keepers so only have themselves to blame, Macphee said Levein judges a GK by looking at the last 100 goals they’ve lost. That should only be part of checking out a GKs ability.

5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Livi as you say, semi at Murrayfield, Killie goal at Tynie was poor, 3rd goal at Ibrox where he fumbled a header.  There’s 4 right off the top of my head.  I have no confidence in Doyle either though,  looks horrendous on cross balls.

I hope we don't go for Lloris, I've seen him make a few howlers.

Livvy and Murrayfield were the only two howlers.  The other two are arguably mistakes.  The perfect keeper wouldn't make mistakes, of course but, there's no such thing.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Whereas I feel the opposite. 

Me too. 

Zlamal is too much of a "character". 

I don't like goal keepers who are characters. 

Give me the fear. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

7 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

the guy is absolutely rank rotten. He is glued to his line, has no command of area at all. Cannot catch a cross, cannot jump. Even his shot stopping was not clean. He made a diving TV save yesterday that was laughable in that it was going literally 5 m wide. Zamal is better keeper IMO opinion, but the bar has been set high with keepers at Hearts. Both are desperately lacking compared to previous stoppers such as Rousset, Niemi, Gordon, McLaughlin or even MacDonald or Kello for that matter.

I would say go and make an offer for Foderingham at Rangers, always looked decent and wont be satisfied being a sub keeper. Even Doris de Vries, Jamie MacDonald or Liam Kelly would be a better options.

He certainly is not glued to his line so that part is rubbish. Agree that both our keepers are not top drawer and we should be looking for better in the summer, unless one/both show improvement

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I hope we don't go for Lloris, I've seen him make a few howlers.

Livvy and Murrayfield were the only two howlers.  The other two are arguably mistakes.  The perfect keeper wouldn't make mistakes, of course but, there's no such thing.

After a scrappy even first half at all square,had we not gave up the pitch back to 20 metres from our goal for the whole second half Celtic would not have been firing shots in at will ffs we did not an out ball the whole of the second half.

jambo in iraq
On 21/01/2019 at 20:40, XB52 said:

He certainly is not glued to his line so that part is rubbish. Agree that both our keepers are not top drawer and we should be looking for better in the summer, unless one/both show improvement

Its not rubbish, he came out for a few crosses and dropped them or didnt get near them. Then watch about the next 5 or 6 crosses he never left his line. Maybe his confidence is shot. There was also another incident where the ball was bobbling across the 6 yard line where is needed him to come out and grab it, but again he stayed on the line

On 21/01/2019 at 08:59, jambo in iraq said:

I've not seen much women's football, but from what I have seen, the outfield players generally were fine, but the keepers were absolutely shocking, so it's a no from me to the idea of signing a keeper called Doris!

The Treasurer
On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:59, RDSK said:

Neither are even close to being as good as John McLaughlin. We were on to something good with him.

Unfortunately, other clubs (with more money) realised this as well

jambo in iraq
On 23/01/2019 at 15:34, FarmerTweedy said:

I've not seen much women's football, but from what I have seen, the outfield players generally were fine, but the keepers were absolutely shocking, so it's a no from me to the idea of signing a keeper called Doris!

funny f*ckr eh!

tommythejambo
36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Played fine today. 

Much improved today. But didn't really have the opportunity to do anything wrong today.

Few simple catches and easy rolls. 

Think there's maybe a decent goalie in there but he gives me bigger fear than Bobby did.

Fozzyonthefence
45 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Played fine today. 

We didn’t need a keeper today and Saints had 0 shots on target. Would have been a clean sheet if I’d been playing today so doesn’t really tell us much.

47 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Played fine today. 

Wasn’t tested to be honest.  One thing I will say, in his defence and the back 3’s defence, it was good to see us going back to playing the ball out to the defenders rather than punting it aimlessly.  Allowed us to get the ball players on the ball with enough time to make the right decision.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Played fine today. 

I think the difference was that today he wasn't just kicking the ball long each time. He was throwing the ball to whichever defender he felt was best placed to take it, and we were able to build from there.

Posting this on the 82nd minute of the game tonight just for reference. 

Not convinced by this guy. I don't think he can actually jump which is slightly worrying for a keeper. 

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Posting this on the 82nd minute of the game tonight just for reference. 

Not convinced by this guy. I don't think he can actually jump which is slightly worrying for a keeper. 

Had nothing much to do but still looked a bit shakey, poor when he misjudged that ball in the air. 

scott herbertson

Thought he did very well today - they had 16 shots, he clasped a few difficult ones. No problem as far as i am concerned. he's clearly no Gordon or Cruickshank but he's a decent SPFL level keeper as far as I can see

22 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Thought he did very well today - they had 16 shots, he clasped a few difficult ones. No problem as far as i am concerned. he's clearly no Gordon or Cruickshank but he's a decent SPFL level keeper as far as I can see

Probably a fair summary and believe me i am not trying to be negative after that great result.

He just does not fill me with confidence. Its his jumping that rings alarms for me. Seems so laboured and its like he is struggling to get off the ground. Surely I cant be the only one that notices this.  Even in the warm up- he throws the ball up in the air and barely jumps to catch the ball. 

19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Probably a fair summary and believe me i am not trying to be negative after that great result.

He just does not fill me with confidence. Its his jumping that rings alarms for me. Seems so laboured and its like he is struggling to get off the ground. Surely I cant be the only one that notices this.  Even in the warm up- he throws the ball up in the air and barely jumps to catch the ball. 

We've been really spoilt for quality keepers for as long as I can remember. I think bobby and Doyle are both ok but that's about it. Neither fill me with confidence either. I still think levein thought we had a decent chance of  getting McGregor in the summer but the call of sevco and their wonga plus let's face it, European football, 50k sell out home games and, as much as some don't like to admit it, a better chance of winning trophies put paid to him joining us

Edited by hmfcbilly

I think we will see a new keeper next year. Doyle has been fairly safe despite looking poormat the penalty. We need a better standard of keeper to push for a higher league finish.