• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• davemclaren

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Absolute Scenes

loveofthegame

I thought for 55 minutes he was the embodiment of everything you want in a holding midfielder. Gave everything, left nothing out on the pitch and for that I salute him and his glorious hair.

30 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I thought for 55 minutes he was the embodiment of everything you want in a holding midfielder. Gave everything, left nothing out on the pitch and for that I salute him and his glorious hair.

thought he was the best player whilst on the pitch. absolutely superb and we lost a bit after he went off

9 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

thought he was the best player whilst on the pitch. absolutely superb and we lost a bit after he went off

Absolutely this.

Bozanic did ok when he came on, got stuck in, won more headers than he should for his size. Djoum dropped in and also did well, but Haring is made for that role.

Something i love is that we call him a holding midfielder but he isnt really. He’s a complete midfielder. He gets in the box, hes involved in everything really.

On a side note, couple of times when he went beyond midfield i noticed Clare drop in for him which was fantastic and shows how well drilled and disciplined we were. Had eachothers backs. One particular occasion Haring broke with the ball, was fouled, ref gave nothing leaving a huge Peter shaped gap in our mid. Clare had already dropped which was so well done. Maybe end first half kinda time.

Edited by TheBigO

chester copperpot
8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Strangely, he shouldn’t be as good as he is. A bit chubby, looks slow and ponderous and not overly big. What a player!! 

Chubby, wait, chubby?

Chubby, really?

:lol:

Johnny Two Pies

I remember saying to friends after a few games that he looked what he was, a centre back playing out of position in midfield. I was totally wrong, and he has gone on to be one of our best players this season. Best player on the park last night. A yard or so quicker and he would be a top player. Should have been booked in for surgery this morning, and hopefully back sharper after the break.

Edited by Johnny Two Pies

On 28/12/2018 at 08:45, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Special mention to this guy for first half of season! Despite needing hernia surgery he's put the team first and played through the injury, huge credit to him because not many players would do the same.

One of the best signings of the season In Scotland great player 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

I remember saying to friends after a few games that he looked what he was, a centre back playing out of position in midfield. I was totally wrong, and he has gone on to be one of our best players this season. Best player on the park last night. A yard or so quicker and he would be a top player. Should have been booked in for surgery this morning, and hopefully back sharper after the break.

Exactly, hope he is in getting sorted today to get back fit asap. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly, hope he is in getting sorted today to get back fit asap. 

Goes in for op on weds a believe 

28 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Chubby, wait, chubby?

Chubby, really?

:lol:

He doesn’t have the defined features of someone who is “ripped” so I suppose it’s deceptive. 

In fairness, Messi has the same “chubbiness” around the face!

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He doesn’t have the defined features of someone who is “ripped” so I suppose it’s deceptive. 

In fairness, Messi has the same “chubbiness” around the face!

I saw him at Edinburgh Airport back in September going through security and he was taller than I had imagined and slimmer.

I think it is his hair and face that give the impression he is "bigger" than he is in reality.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Haring deserves this break more than anyone. Been superb in the majority of our games this season.

I just hope he has not made his hernia problem much worse by playing on for so long. He has obviously struggled a bit more recently and hopefully he makes a speedy recovery as we really can't afford to be without him for too many games.

He will probably miss at least the first week back after the winter break which means him missing three games minimum.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I just hope he has not made his hernia problem much worse by playing on for so long. He has obviously struggled a bit more recently and hopefully he makes a speedy recovery as we really can't afford to be without him for too many games.

He will probably miss at least the first week back after the winter break which means him missing three games minimum.

Good chance for young Harry to get back into the team

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Good chance for young Harry to get back into the team

True but he has been injured and hardly played much this season. He is a different type of player to Haring as well and not nearly as physical which we will miss I think.

12 hours ago, Renault said:

He was THE best player on the park until he had to go off injured. Stood head and shoulders during those first 45 mins.

He was. 

A proper hero yesterday. 100% commitment. An absolute great find. Hope he’s back soon. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Goes in for op on weds a believe 

Let's hope the surgeon hasn't been on the New Year bevvy :lol:

Time out will depend on whether he just needs keyhole surgery or a full cut. If it's full surgery he'll be out for a wee while so let's hope he hasn't made the hernia too much worse by playing on with it. 

A central midfield of Haring, Djoum and Cochrane is mouth watering.

• 2 weeks later...

Was this operation only yesterday? Strange to not have it done ASAP after the Hibs game, unless he was held back by NHS waiting times.

5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Was this operation only yesterday? Strange to not have it done ASAP after the Hibs game, unless he was held back by NHS waiting times.

I'd be amazed if it was on the NHS.

Called it after the first game I saw him (which was his first game) said he strolls, looks a player and will definitely score :)

Great to be right :)

I felt great two weeks after my hernia op but I wasn't a professional athlete.

Still reckon complete recovery will be less than 6 weeks.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

I think the operation was last Wednesday ie Wednesday 2nd January. Levein’s comments were made yesterday. 

Correct , had op last weds 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Berra back.

Naismith back.

Vanecek finally here.

Haring had his op.

:jjyay:

Souttar just about back , young Brandon just about back and uche not far behind 

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:32, DH1986 said:

I reckon Shaugnessy will play in that role until Haring is fit again.

Will be interesting to see who CL will get to cover Haring's role.

Shaugnessy

Souttar

Michael Smith

Bozanic

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Will be interesting to see who CL will get to cover Haring's role.

Shaugnessy

Souttar

Michael Smith

Bozanic

I suspect Djoum will drop back to DM.

Gimme an H...
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I suspect Djoum will drop back to DM.

Hope not. He's only now starting to show signs he understands his role out on the right of midfield. Starting to come onto a game, finally.

Need a defensively minded player at DM. Michael Smith is too important as sweeper/RWB at the moment, I'd like to see Shaughnessy given a go at DM, failing that put Boz or Olly in there.

On 10/01/2019 at 15:19, number-16 said:

I'd be amazed if it was on the NHS.

Ignore him. He's just trying to have a pop at the Scottish government, yet again. 

28 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Hope not. He's only now starting to show signs he understands his role out on the right of midfield. Starting to come onto a game, finally.

Need a defensively minded player at DM. Michael Smith is too important as sweeper/RWB at the moment, I'd like to see Shaughnessy given a go at DM, failing that put Boz or Olly in there.

Olly isn't an option there imo, good player but really not suited to the midfield spoiler role

29 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Olly, defensive midfield, you've got to be joking.

Gimme an H...
29 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Olly, defensive midfield, you've got to be joking.

It wasn't my only suggestion, infact it was my last suggestion but crack on.

2 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

It wasn't my only suggestion, infact it was my last suggestion but crack on.

Hopefully it's only for two games, and we get Haring back in there after that. I'd probably go for Bozanic or Djoum. Be interesting to see what they decide though. They have no doubt tried a few different players in there and systems during the break. Smith is a good shout though, he's done really well there in the past. Maybe see Dikamona and Shaunessy beside Berra and Smithy in midfield.