Peter Haring

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Special mention to this guy for first half of season! Despite needing hernia surgery he's put the team first and played through the injury, huge credit to him because not many players would do the same.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• davemclaren

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Absolute Scenes

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I assume this hernia will be dealt with in the winter break?

Booked in for op next week I believe 

I remember people questioning why we went for a guy in the 2nd tier of Austria but its clear he is a player.

Done very well for us and hope he gets an extension to his contract.

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Booked in for op next week I believe 

Fantastic news am i right in believing he should be back within weeks its not a major op is it

10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Fantastic news am i right in believing he should be back within weeks its not a major op is it

All depends upon how much damage there is and whether they can repair it by keyhole surgery.

If it is keyhole then it's not long at all a couple of weeks at most, but if it's full surgery then the bigger the cut the longer the recovery.

People keep talking about this winter break as if it’s for a month or so when it’s only a couple of weeks 

I can’t see him having an op and being straight  back playing after winter break

come the cup game we are going to be another man down in what will be a very hard game 

He's a battler. Clearly hates getting beat & understands what the fans expect. He's been great. I doubt many predicted he'd be as good as he has been, I'm sure even Tam Flogel predicted he'd take time to adjust to the Scottish game. 

16 minutes ago, theshed said:

People keep talking about this winter break as if it’s for a month or so when it’s only a couple of weeks 

I can’t see him having an op and being straight  back playing after winter break

come the cup game we are going to be another man down in what will be a very hard game 

He’ll be out for around 4 weeks so once his op is done In January he should only miss a couple of games hopefully.

Remember his debut (v cowdenbeath?) Game passed him by and was shelling balls out the park. Looked like a fish out of water. Definitely turned things around though. A fan favourite, all he needs is a goal in the derby now!

51 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

All depends upon how much damage there is and whether they can repair it by keyhole surgery.

If it is keyhole then it's not long at all a couple of weeks at most, but if it's full surgery then the bigger the cut the longer the recovery.

Thanks Jim hopefully not the latter 

jambogirlglasgow
4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Was MoM for me on Saturday, covered some amount of the pitch, a fans favourite.

I thought this too. What a player.

Just the right combination of aggression and class. Does everything well. Very good in the air, strong and a very good passer of the ball

Probably been my player of the year going by the first half of the season. Hopefully he'll get back quickly. I watched him early season and thought, "this guy is no defender" but since he was moved into midfield he's been excellent. One of the top players at the club for me.

3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

I thought this too. What a player.

IMO he is one of the many players that have joined this club and gets what Hearts are all about.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The guy has a hairband did anyone really think he wouldn't be good?

Maybe why he is strong as Samson in midfield?

consider my coat being got?

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

I’ve had 2 hernia ops in the last 10 years, although a very straight forward op, that didn’t require an overnight stay in hospital, on both occasions my doctor signed me off work for six weeks each time.

Certainly a big hit, he has energy and is good in the air.  I like the fact he tries the difficult passes, sometimes it does not come off but when they do the game opens up.   

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I’ve known a number of people who have had this surgery, most are told during consultation that it should be keyhole surgery, but almost on every occasion they go under the knife.

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Ahhhhh so Haring is amazing but the man who signed him should be hounded out the club ???

After signing so many dozens and dozens of players in the last 4 years, DoF or coach, doesn't matter, there has to be at least one that works out. For every Haring there's two or three Sammons, Grzelaks and Sowahs. That should be remembered. We don't have pots of cash to throw around and all players should be fully vetted before signing.

Heard, or read somewhere that it was Thomas Flogel he spoke to before signing and he was told about everything the club stands for by him. If so, well done Tam!

8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’ve had 2 hernia ops in the last 10 years, although a very straight forward op, that didn’t require an overnight stay in hospital, on both occasions my doctor signed me off work for six weeks each time.

Yeah but you didn't have constant professional physio care and assessment plus you were not a professional athlete already in top physical condition, which helps the healing process.  (At least I assume your not!!)

55 minutes ago, Chaps said:

He’ll be out for around 4 weeks so once his op is done In January he should only miss a couple of games hopefully.

Do we not have three games within a week of the re-start?

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do we not have three games within a week of the re-start?

Livingston, Dundee and St Johnstone. All at home.

After tomorrow, give him as long as he needs to recover.  Good opportunity for Bozanic and/or Cochrane to step up and get a run of a few games.  

54 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Remember his debut (v cowdenbeath?) Game passed him by and was shelling balls out the park. Looked like a fish out of water. Definitely turned things around though. A fan favourite, all he needs is a goal in the derby now!

Cowdenbeath match was his 3rd start, his debut was at Cove. He scored in the Cowdenbeath match.

9 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Livingston, Dundee and St Johnstone. All at home.

So we could well be without Haring for those games which is a worry.

Great signing this year, he is now looking to have battled on longer than he should , his turning and mobility looking laboured but his passing and positional sense show he is still worthy of a start. Recently he has looked frustrated at the lack of movement in front of him so hopefully he comes back ready to go ASAP after winter break when a fit Naismith and Uche making runs in front of him. 

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I remember people questioning why we went for a guy in the 2nd tier of Austria but its clear he is a player.

Done very well for us and hope he gets an extension to his contract.

What the **** are we playinga ****ing defender in midfield for for **** sake. ****ing hate Hearts ****ing going nowhere this guys going to be ****ing useless. 2nd Division in Austria. He wont be good enough for us in defence nevermind ****ing midfield. 

Oh wait he’s ok

Oh wait he’s good

What a signing.....

24 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Cowdenbeath match was his 3rd start, his debut was at Cove. He scored in the Cowdenbeath match.

Cove he played in the back 3 and was the sitting one , looked so comfortable in that game positionally and on the ball.

Absolute warrior, considering how results have ended up going he would have been as well having the surgery after the last Derby :lol: