Can you defend the indefensible?

jamboinglasgow

Craig Thomson. 

What a great talent the guy was and surely destined for bigger things. 

Then goes and ****s it for us and himself in a disgraceful act. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Notts1874

• jamboinglasgow

• Jambos_1874

Doctor FinnBarr
29 minutes ago, robbo010 said:

I'm surprised no one has said Prince Buaben. I actually thought he was one of our best players for 2 and a bit seasons, had a bit of bad luck with injury in last season, was always accused of losing the ball more than others, but this was because he was the one player who always wanted the ball, and was technically very good. I really liked him as a player.

Only really a championship player

Doctor FinnBarr
30 minutes ago, robbo010 said:

I'm surprised no one has said Prince Buaben. I actually thought he was one of our best players for 2 and a bit seasons, had a bit of bad luck with injury in last season, was always accused of losing the ball more than others, but this was because he was the one player who always wanted the ball, and was technically very good. I really liked him as a player.

DP

Edited by bikerjambo

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Tziolis mentioned a few times, it’s just a shame he felt we were lucky to have him come to us. Think there was an interview with McPhee? Recently (last 3-4 months) that said as such and so we never got what we should have from him.

i liked Blazej Augustyn had his faults but never lost a header, just a shame his header in the cup gme wasn’t a few inches lower.

Tziolis should’ve been one of the finest players to play for us imo. Guy was a rolls royce of a player but the team had no direction and struggled badly at that point. Maybe the style didn’t suit him, maybe he just couldn’t be arsed I don’t know but a chance missed imo. 

Should’ve been another Fyssas, had all the ability. 

10 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

Certain he made his debut along with Bruno and big Rousett (sp) against maybe Dundee and managed to slide in and hit the side netting when it looked easier to score, on the plus side I believe he is now a top class poker player and has lost the hair.

He did indeed make his debut alongside Rousett and Bruno. It was against Partick Thistle and he came off the bench to slide in the final goal in a 3-0 win. 

His only other Hearts goal also came against Thistle but we got pumped 5-2.

Sepp's Bladder

Juho Makela.

had the physical build, could score with his head and both feet (which he did while scoring a hat-trick on his full debut).

scored in the league, the cup and even barca where his goal showed a nice touch and composure. 

he was young, had bags of potential and just needed the support of the fans and management to develop. I still think that even if he was just given a steady run of games he would have been brilliant. 

• 1 month later...
On 28/12/2018 at 17:38, GiantJambo said:

Mirsad Bešlija, our record signing at £850,000.

Unquestionably Hearts failed to get the best from this understated footballer. He scored no goals in his nine games with us but on the other hand he scored no own goals either. In addition, he made one memorable cross that I seem to remember some forward sliding in to score from. But it might have been my imagination. And I was at the other end of the ground.

It was rumoured that Bešlija was also part of the Romanov money-laundering process. Perhaps this means he was on the cleaning staff as well.

On 28/12/2018 at 20:20, graygo said:

What money laundering process and where was the rumour? hibs.net?

I thought the general theme of this thread was supposed to be a joke.

But if you look at Romanov's dealings with Lithuanians it was always a credible tax avoidance scheme to move lots of the loaned Kaunas players to Edinburgh even if they never played once. He was always bad news.

On 29/12/2018 at 00:04, jack D and coke said:

Tziolis should’ve been one of the finest players to play for us imo. Guy was a rolls royce of a player but the team had no direction and struggled badly at that point. Maybe the style didn’t suit him, maybe he just couldn’t be arsed I don’t know but a chance missed imo. 

Should’ve been another Fyssas, had all the ability. 

yep, a greek guy i play 5s with when he signed was shocked and said we were getting a great player

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:45, indianajones said:

Craig Thomson. 

What a great talent the guy was and surely destined for bigger things. 

Then goes and ****s it for us and himself in a disgraceful act. 

Agree, what a waste.

Husref Musemic. He had some pedigree in Yugoslavia. That first game against Celtic tho. What a cart horse. In his defence, he scored the winner in a derby. And played 6 scored 3.

Jamie ******* Hamill, to give him his full name. My least favourite Hearts player of all time. He would have had to play like Pele to get a compliment from me and yet, if he'd been in a team with less youngsters he could have been very effective,

59 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Jamie ******* Hamill, to give him his full name. My least favourite Hearts player of all time. He would have had to play like Pele to get a compliment from me and yet, if he'd been in a team with less youngsters he could have been very effective,

Steamrollered Derek Adams which should automatically give him hero status... no?

On 29/12/2018 at 10:34, Sepp's Bladder said:

Juho Makela.

had the physical build, could score with his head and both feet (which he did while scoring a hat-trick on his full debut).

scored in the league, the cup and even barca where his goal showed a nice touch and composure. 

he was young, had bags of potential and just needed the support of the fans and management to develop. I still think that even if he was just given a steady run of games he would have been brilliant. 

This.  Funny enough, I reckon our current manager could have worked wonders on him if timescales had shifted.

On 27/12/2018 at 23:48, To Be Frank said:

Tzolis. He was clearly too good a player for us and the rest of the players just weren’t on his wavelength. 

Saved me typing.

scott herbertson
On 28/12/2018 at 20:00, Craig_ said:

Nerijus Barasa. Unfairly tagged as a hatchet man due to his physique and hard-man looks. Always seemed like a composed, solid defender with decent distribution, admittedly not scared to put it around a bit. But, as with so many mentioned above, suffered from the bizarre management at the club at the time.

Definitely agree with the Ksanavicius shout above, thought he was a great wee player. Though he was No. 29, not 28, wasn't he?

you beat me to it

Admittedly not a high skill factor, but he did have something about him. Not sure why people thought he was a hatchet man though?

Image result for barasa hearts

Edited by scott herbertson

A tale of 2 strikers. Lafferty hit 20 goals in 48 games for us. Which on face value suggests a goal every 2.4 games (once you factor in exactly how many minutes he played, that ratio could fluctuate). He was seen as a hero and people were gutted he left. 

Isma on the same maths got a goal every 2.8 games with 15 in 42. Not to mention his first half season was in Ian Cathros side. Every misplaced pass, heavy touch etc and Tynecastle turned on him. 

Given the comparitive record, id say he definitely wasn't as bad for us as some made out and probably one of our best strikers in years bar the likes of Sow and Zeefuik in 2015

55 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

you beat me to it

Admittedly not a high skill factor, but he did have something about him. Not sure why people thought he was a hatchet man though?

He had the hardest 50/50 tackle I've ever witnessed right in front of the main stand. No question of foul play from either player but Barasa came out on top. What an almighty thud as the two players both put 100% into their attempt to win the ball. Great stuff!!!

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

He had the hardest 50/50 tackle I've ever witnessed right in front of the main stand. No question of foul play from either player but Barasa came out on top. What an almighty thud as the two players both put 100% into their attempt to win the ball. Great stuff!!!

I remember being at rugby park when Neil McCann had his serious injury and barasa came on, might have been his debut. 

He was nuts. Balls of steel throwing himself into challenges most players would shirk from. 

Shanks said no
On 27/12/2018 at 23:29, smiler said:

Andy Watson.

Never really worked out for him, the boy had real talent and ability.

He was a talentless inabilityist. Utter shitebag and I genuinely hated him more than any other Hearts player.

Robbie Neilson. 

Spent season after season trying to play a long ball up the line only for it to go straight into the stand. He seemed to only be getting picked week after week due to his long throw..

In his last season or so he improved and this has blinkered the support. but he was mince for seasons before that.

12 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Steamrollered Derek Adams which should automatically give him hero status... no?

Think it was the only time he ever made me crack a smile. I genuinely couldn't stand him. He was like a big maroon baby.

11 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

you beat me to it

Can anyone attempt to defend those socks? 

HOMFC. 

Ffs. 

Scott Robinson. Got a Scottish Cup winners medal.

Lost his way during our financial troubles. Went down the leagues but has worked his way back.

I think a club perceived bigger than Livvy will take a punt on him.

18 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

He was a talentless inabilityist. Utter shitebag and I genuinely hated him more than any other Hearts player.

I’d assumed most folk would have realised my comment was tongue-in-cheek, how Watson got as far as he did playing the game is a genuine mystery.

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Robbie Neilson. 

Spent season after season trying to play a long ball up the line only for it to go straight into the stand. He seemed to only be getting picked week after week due to his long throw..

In his last season or so he improved and this has blinkered the support. but he was mince for seasons before that.

He was a good defender. 

That's why he played. 

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Scott Robinson. Got a Scottish Cup winners medal.

Lost his way during our financial troubles. Went down the leagues but has worked his way back.

I think a club perceived bigger than Livvy will take a punt on him.

One of our longest serving trolls/vermin infiltrators had an obsessive hatred  of Scott Robinson overshadowing even his obsession with Levein.

I actually quite liked him.

The Future's Maroon

Many too choose from, I was going to go with Bannon, Fulton, Sutton and maybe Tosh, but naw....Adam Eckersley, I thought he was consistent, not brilliant but not shite....and was a trouble position and has been since Gary Naysmith.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

18 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Robbie Neilson. 

A very good defender though, that numerous coaches felt was the best choice at right back and who was not adequately replaced until Smith came along.