Crisps!!

Morgan

19 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Thanks, they look wonderful. :D

I've customised them more. ;)

new.jpg

:rofl: 

Took longer than I'd like to admit to spot that!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Rick James

• milky_26

• Carl Fredrickson

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to do it. :D 

14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

As I said yesterday, it took me about five minutes to spot the change.

At least you’ve got an excuse!

Me?  None at all.

I eat the feckin things regularly too. :facepalm:

• 1 month later...

Don’t know if you can buy these in Edinburgh?  We found them yesterday and gave them a go last night.  A very ‘acquired’ taste but, if you like Pesto and Parmesan (which we both do) you’ll love them.

C2836EA5-4B57-4686-B7E2-023854D38E0C.jpeg

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Who decided these were appropriate?

th.jpeg

Lays? 

22 hours ago, Morgan said:

Don’t know if you can buy these in Edinburgh?  We found them yesterday and gave them a go last night.  A very ‘acquired’ taste but, if you like Pesto and Parmesan (which we both do) you’ll love them.

C2836EA5-4B57-4686-B7E2-023854D38E0C.jpeg

@Morgan with the amount of crisps you eat it won't be long til you are a similar size to your S-i-L

28 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

@Morgan with the amount of crisps you eat it won't be long til you are a similar size to your S-i-L

:rofl:Long way to go, Milky!

Plus, the fat cow doesn’t walk/run over 120 km per week.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

American make of "chips" (crisps).

That term ‘chips’ would be a deserving entry into the Seethe thread.

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

American make of "chips" (crisps).

Ha ha. It waa rhetorical. 

However, aren't Lays part of the same group as Walkers? 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ha ha. It waa rhetorical. 

However, aren't Lays part of the same group as Walkers? 

I thought I'd changed that after re-reading your post :laugh: :62:. As for ownership I've no idea. I lose track of it all nowadays. There's been so many take-over/mergers etc that i've no idea who owns what in the corporate world now. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Samuel Camazzola
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought I'd changed that after re-reading your post :laugh: :62:. As for ownership I've no idea. I lose track of it all nowadays. There's been so many take-over/mergers etc that i've no idea who owns what in the corporate world now. 

Their products seem popular in places like Spain and the packaging design and colouring is similar to Walkers. 

• 1 month later...
On Thursday, January 03, 2019 at 19:57, The Frenchman Returns said:

I served up the Trinidadian variety to unknowing guests at a house party last week, they were too hot for them to handle

OUR FEROCIOUS FIRE EATERS CRISPS...

Buy ‘em right here!

Bump.

I've just bought a bag of Trinidad scorpion chilli.

I love hot food and I'm in no way a wimp when it comes to spiciness but these are on another level. 

I've eaten 4 so far and my mouth is on fire!

Weirdly addictive though :teu49:

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Where can I get these, please. 

Phal crisps. Someone should invent them.

morrisons

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Asda -£1

41 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Phal crisps.

Now, that sounds a grand idea!

Rick James
4 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Bump.

I've just bought a bag of Trinidad scorpion chilli.

I love hot food and I'm in no way a wimp when it comes to spiciness but these are on another level. 

I've eaten 4 so far and my mouth is on fire!

Weirdly addictive though :teu49:

Cracked open a bag one night last week. First few had me struggling, but I got into it quickly after. Like you said, strangely addicting. I scranned half the bag in one sitting.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Cracked open a bag one night last week. First few had me struggling, but I got into it quickly after. Like you said, strangely addicting. I scranned half the bag in one sitting.

I finished the full bag...

On 09/07/2019 at 18:13, jonnothejambo said:

Cheers guys. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

So, how were they?

:) 

Samuel Camazzola
On 09/07/2019 at 17:05, jonnothejambo said:

Home Bargains have them too. Had to eat them in installments. 

SpruceBringsteen
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mackie's Cheese and Onion are magic.

Found these over here today. I'm ****ing elated. 😂

2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Found these over here today. I'm ****ing elated. 😂

Good stuff! 👍

SpruceBringsteen
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Good stuff! 👍

None of the haggis and pepper flavour, mind. The search continues...

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

None of the haggis and pepper flavour, mind. The search continues...

They're in Tesco. I'll need to give them a go.

• 3 weeks later...
Carl Fredrickson
On 28/07/2019 at 21:50, jonesy said:

Reminds me of the 'Texas chilli eating contest' email that did the rounds years ago.

I bought a bag of the Scorpion ones a few weeks ago and offered some to my mum without telling her the flavour. She took a large handful and stuffed them in her mouth. Don't think my Christmas present will be much this year...

Is this it? 

These are notes from an inexperienced chilli taster named FRANK, who was visiting Texas from New Jersey and fell into it

"Recently I was lucky enough to be the 10,000th attendee at the State Fair in Texas, and was asked to fill in to be a judge at a chilli cook-off.

Apparently the original judge #3 called in sick at the last moment, and I happened to be standing there when the call came in. 

I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that it would be a fun event and a true taste of Texas hospitality.  They assured me that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted.  Here are the scorecards from the event

Chilli # 1 Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chilli

JUDGE ONE A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

JUDGE TWO Nice, smooth tomato flavour. Very mild.

FRANK Holy shit, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out.  Hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

Chilli # 2 Arthur's Afterburner Chilli

JUDGE ONE Smoky with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

JUDGE TWO Exciting BBQ flavour, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

FRANK Keep this out of reach of children!  I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich manoeuvre. They had to walkie-talkie in 3 extra beers when they saw the look on my face.

Chilli # 3 Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE Excellent firehouse chilli! Great kick. Needs more beans.

JUDGE TWO A beanless chilli, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.

FRANK Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill.  My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now.  Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest.

I'm getting shit-faced.

Chilli # 4 Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE Black bean chilli with almost no spice.  Disappointing.

JUDGE TWO Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chilli.

FRANK I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Sally, the bar maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills; that

300lb. bitch is starting to look HOT, just like this nuclear-waste I'm eating.

Chilli # 5 Linda's Legal Lip Remover

JUDGE ONE Meaty, strong chilli. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

JUDGE TWO Chilli using shredded beef; could use more tomato.  Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK My ears are ringing, and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chilli had given me brain damage.  Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks!

Chilli # 6 Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety

JUDGE ONE Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chilli.  Good balance of spice and peppers.

JUDGE TWO The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic.

Superb.

FRANK My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulphuric flames. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that slut Sally. I need to wipe my ass with a snow cone!

Chilli # 7 Susan's Screaming Sensation Chilli

JUDGE ONE A mediocre chilli with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chilli peppers at the last moment. I should note that I am worried about Judge number 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

FRANK You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a damn thing. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chilli which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like sh!t to match my damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me.  I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4 inch hole in my stomach.

Chilli # 8 Helen's Mount Saint Chilli

JUDGE ONE A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chilli, safe for all, not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

JUDGE TWO This final entry is a good, balanced chilli, neither mild nor hot.

Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 passed out, fell and pulled the chilli pot on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it.  Poor Yank.

FRANK ------   (editor's note Judge #3 was unable to report)

11 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Is this it? 

These are notes from an inexperienced chilli taster named FRANK, who was visiting Texas from New Jersey and fell into it

"Recently I was lucky enough to be the 10,000th attendee at the State Fair in Texas, and was asked to fill in to be a judge at a chilli cook-off.

Apparently the original judge #3 called in sick at the last moment, and I happened to be standing there when the call came in. 

I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that it would be a fun event and a true taste of Texas hospitality.  They assured me that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted.  Here are the scorecards from the event

Chilli # 1 Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chilli

JUDGE ONE A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

JUDGE TWO Nice, smooth tomato flavour. Very mild.

FRANK Holy shit, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out.  Hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

Chilli # 2 Arthur's Afterburner Chilli

JUDGE ONE Smoky with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

JUDGE TWO Exciting BBQ flavour, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

FRANK Keep this out of reach of children!  I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich manoeuvre. They had to walkie-talkie in 3 extra beers when they saw the look on my face.

Chilli # 3 Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE Excellent firehouse chilli! Great kick. Needs more beans.

JUDGE TWO A beanless chilli, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.

FRANK Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill.  My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now.  Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest.

I'm getting shit-faced.

Chilli # 4 Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE Black bean chilli with almost no spice.  Disappointing.

JUDGE TWO Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chilli.

FRANK I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Sally, the bar maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills; that

300lb. bitch is starting to look HOT, just like this nuclear-waste I'm eating.

Chilli # 5 Linda's Legal Lip Remover

JUDGE ONE Meaty, strong chilli. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

JUDGE TWO Chilli using shredded beef; could use more tomato.  Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK My ears are ringing, and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chilli had given me brain damage.  Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks!

Chilli # 6 Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety

JUDGE ONE Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chilli.  Good balance of spice and peppers.

JUDGE TWO The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic.

Superb.

FRANK My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulphuric flames. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that slut Sally. I need to wipe my ass with a snow cone!

Chilli # 7 Susan's Screaming Sensation Chilli

JUDGE ONE A mediocre chilli with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chilli peppers at the last moment. I should note that I am worried about Judge number 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

FRANK You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a damn thing. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chilli which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like sh!t to match my damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me.  I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4 inch hole in my stomach.

Chilli # 8 Helen's Mount Saint Chilli

JUDGE ONE A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chilli, safe for all, not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

JUDGE TWO This final entry is a good, balanced chilli, neither mild nor hot.

Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 passed out, fell and pulled the chilli pot on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it.  Poor Yank.

FRANK ------   (editor's note Judge #3 was unable to report)

Some boy the Franco!

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Makes me want to have a chilli!!!!

Know what you mean!

• 3 weeks later...

Can't recall if they've already been mentioned, but anyone tried the Buttermilk Chicken with Sriracha Mayo flavour Kettle Chips? :arry: 

luckyBatistuta
On 12/08/2019 at 16:25, jonesy said:

Gave my wife a few Trinidad Scorpion flavoured crisps last night without revealing the flavour. I thought the smell and colour (of the crisps, not her!) might have warned her, but no, she munched on regardless. Her face as the heat kicked in was priceless.

And yes, I did try the exact same thing on my mum a couple of months ago.

Respect jonesy😎

who did you get to type this, what with your broken fingers.

• 8 months later...
jambogaz1968

Walker's Square cheese n onion , had a packet yesterday for the first time in ages , anybody know where I could get multi packs?

maroondevo52
29 minutes ago, jambogaz1968 said:

Walker's Square cheese n onion , had a packet yesterday for the first time in ages , anybody know where I could get multi packs?

Amazon £22 for 32 bags.

Asda £3.50 for 18 bags.

Edited by maroondevo52

jambogaz1968
12 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Amazon £22 for 32 bags.

Asda £3.50 for 18 bags.

Thanks , Asda it is then

Vlad Magic
52 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Amazon £22 for 32 bags.

Asda £3.50 for 18 bags.

Could manage a different sort of bag right now 😂

47 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nobody buy these

69A9C77E-54F5-413C-AE37-BC9C5F8103F1.jpeg

These are fantastic.  :thumb:

The strongest ‘salt and vinegar’ crisp I’ve ever tasted.  They actually make your mouth draw in.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

These are fantastic.  :thumb:

The strongest ‘salt and vinegar’ crisp I’ve ever tasted.  They actually make your mouth draw in.

They are indeed. I went into a Co-op a couple of days ago to buy Golden Syrup, came out with two bags of these😳 I ate both bags myself within 24hrs, that’s really not good for your health or waistline....but they are the best salt& vinegar crisps I’ve ever had.

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nobody buy these

Yes. They're very decent. 

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nobody buy these

Page 2 LB 👍

Rick James

New Doritos pringle like things are nice. Also couple of the new Walkers flavours are tidy.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

Page 2 LB 👍

I knew👍 It’s the second time I’ve mentioned them now myself, just had to talk about them again after stuffing my face with them.

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nobody buy these

How much?

Bought them when  £1 a packet.

They are very decent.