Crisps!!

Morgan

luckyBatistuta
49 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

How much?

Bought them when  £1 a packet.

They are very decent.

They were 2 for £2 a couple of days ago.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Rick James

• milky_26

• Carl Fredrickson

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I knew👍 It’s the second time I’ve mentioned them now myself, just had to talk about them again after stuffing my face with them.

Can't resist them myself, trouble is everyone seems to know about them and my local co op don't seem to keep a big enough stock. Wonder if some folk have got a big stash of them, next to all their big roll and hand sanitizer.

10 hours ago, Locky said:

New Doritos pringle like things are nice. Also couple of the new Walkers flavours are tidy.

I liked the Christmas offerings. Turkey and stuffing and, iirc, pigs'n'blankets. 

Didn't try the sprout flavour though. 

Rick James
15 minutes ago, martoon said:

I liked the Christmas offerings. Turkey and stuffing and, iirc, pigs'n'blankets. 

Didn't try the sprout flavour though. 

They're currently doing a collaboration with chain restaurants. Off the top of my head:

Los Iguanas - Chilli Con Carne

Pizza Express - American Hot & Margherita

Gourmet Burger Kitchen - Cheeseburger

Wagamama - Katsu Curry

Nando's - Peri Peri Chicken

can't remember the other one, but I'm there's a 6th chain.

19 minutes ago, Locky said:

They're currently doing a collaboration with chain restaurants. Off the top of my head:

Los Iguanas - Chilli Con Carne

Pizza Express - American Hot & Margherita

Gourmet Burger Kitchen - Cheeseburger

Wagamama - Katsu Curry

Nando's - Peri Peri Chicken

can't remember the other one, but I'm there's a 6th chain.

there are 6 flavours, two are pizza express ones that you have listed

Rick James
31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

there are 6 flavours, two are pizza express ones that you have listed

Makes sense. I didn't see the Margherita ones til in Tesco at the weekend. I tried the other ones from the co-op and they had them on cardboard shelves in a block of 6. Now I think of it, they had a flavour twice but can't remember which one.

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, whodanny said:

Can't resist them myself, trouble is everyone seems to know about them and my local co op don't seem to keep a big enough stock. Wonder if some folk have got a big stash of them, next to all their big roll and hand sanitizer.

:lol: Wish I had thought of that with the crisps, want a bag right now🙁

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol: Wish I had thought of that with the crisps, want a bag right now🙁

be careful, a bigger stock will mean waking up in the middle of the night with the potato sweats, gagging for some crisps

scott herbertson
On 04/05/2020 at 14:17, Ray Gin said:

SLC144.jpg

On 04/05/2020 at 14:12, luckyBatistuta said:

Nobody buy these

69A9C77E-54F5-413C-AE37-BC9C5F8103F1.jpeg

I've been an advocate of the coop vinegars for years - to the extent I even wrote to their marketing people begging them not to reduce the vinegar strength - which they haven't (not due to me but I' grateful nevertheless). Jalapeno Maxs also very good and currently available at 2 for £2 big packs in  the Coop

Edited by scott herbertson

• 9 months later...
19 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My son asked me to buy these at the weekend as we like a crisp or two. The best chicken crisps I have ever tasted

image.thumb.png.2d602d3e690cd4d3a0f9c392e8fa99a5.png

18 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I also bought a packet of these which we will have at the weekend

image.png.ba728b74aa017f6cb764ea939d9c60e4.png

Oh my!

:

On 27/12/2018 at 15:31, superjack said:

Brannigans roast beef and mustard, the ultimate crisps.

On 27/12/2018 at 17:56, Cade said:

Brannigan's roast beef and mustard are the best crisps ever made.

5133814H8-L._SY450_.jpg

Truth. 

Can't actually believe I was thinking about Brannigans Roast beef and mustard crisps. Looked online to see they no longer make them, then seen this thread about crisps to greet about that fact they no longer make them and the first thing I see if a big **** off picture of Brannigans crisps roast beef and mustard crisps... I'm being fecking mocked by my own greed. Brutal. 

:sob:

Carl Fredrickson
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Can't actually believe I was thinking about Brannigans Roast beef and mustard crisps. Looked online to see they no longer make them, then seen this thread about crisps to greet about that fact they no longer make them and the first thing I see if a big **** off picture of Brannigans crisps roast beef and mustard crisps... I'm being fecking mocked by my own greed. Brutal. 

:jjno:

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

When did they stop? I bought a multipack out of poundland only a year or so ago.

16 minutes ago, Locky said:

When did they stop? I bought a multipack out of poundland only a year or so ago.

"KP Foods said demand had fallen, so bosses took the decision to cease production. A nation is mourning the loss of the old-time crisp brand Brannigans, a mainstay of pub bar shelves and a corner shop staple, which has been suddenly discontinued due to falling sales.".... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8768019/KP-axes-Brannigans-crisps-falling-demand.html

Generally not a huge fan of bacon crisps - with the exception of bacon rashers type ones (not the Tesco version though, too crunchy) - but I bought a packet of these at Dalkeith Country Park a few months ago and loved them so much that I went online and ordered a box from the Burts website.

download.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Sooperstar

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It was a sad day indeed when I heard this news 😔 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

"KP Foods said demand had fallen, so bosses took the decision to cease production. A nation is mourning the loss of the old-time crisp brand Brannigans, a mainstay of pub bar shelves and a corner shop staple, which has been suddenly discontinued due to falling sales.".... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8768019/KP-axes-Brannigans-crisps-falling-demand.html

That's shite news. :(

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

:jjno:

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

It was a sad day indeed when I heard this news 😔 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

That's shite news. :(

How I felt when Burtons crisps stopped making salt and vinegar Puffs. :sad:

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Oh my!

:

I was in Asda yesterday and thank **** they never had any.  

I would have bought them all even before tasting them.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Puffs as well man. :( 

I'd forgotten about them. Honestly wish I could have a time machine that brings snacks back from the past. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Puffs as well man. :( 

I'd forgotten about them. Honestly wish I could have a time machine that brings snacks back from the past. :lol: 

:lol: defo the best use of a time machine. 

45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Up there with when Cadbury’s stopped making this little beauty.

(Not attempting to hijack the thread).

raw-1188561644.jpg

Edited by iantjambo

23 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I also bought a packet of these which we will have at the weekend

image.png.ba728b74aa017f6cb764ea939d9c60e4.png

23 hours ago, Morgan said:

Oh my!

My thoughts exactly :o

Tesco will be getting raided tomorrow for all they've got! 

Shanks said no
33 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

saw an advert for these

firepit-hero-periperi.png

i will need to get a pack the next time im shopping

They are rather good and you can also get Smoked Chorizo, however I have been unable to find the 3rd type, BBQ Rib

McCoy's Fire Pit launched by KP Snacks - betterRetailing

On 24/02/2021 at 22:13, milky_26 said:

saw an advert for these

firepit-hero-periperi.png

i will need to get a pack the next time im shopping

just tried these, tangy with a little kick. was expecting a bigger kick and realistically i think they need more of a kick

30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just tried these, tangy with a little kick. was expecting a bigger kick and realistically i think they need more of a kick

Just had my 2nd packet earlier. No noticeable heat.

Had a bag of the KFC Zinger ones at the weekend and they were quite nice and I would eat them again. Couldn't place the flavour. Occasional hints of chicken I suppose. Heat was somewhere between salt and vinegar and Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations.

On 24/02/2021 at 22:51, The Frenchman Returns said:

They are rather good and you can also get Smoked Chorizo, however I have been unable to find the 3rd type, BBQ Rib

McCoy's Fire Pit launched by KP Snacks - betterRetailing

Seen the BBQ Rib in a few places but never knew the chorizo ones existed. Will need to keep an eye out.

Shanks said no
19 minutes ago, Locky said:

Seen the BBQ Rib in a few places but never knew the chorizo ones existed. Will need to keep an eye out.

Yep, found an unopened BBQ box on top shelf at Morrison’s at Gyle, so helped myself. They were decent.

JudyJudyJudy
On 27/12/2018 at 17:56, Cade said:

Brannigan's roast beef and mustard are the best crisps ever made.

5133814H8-L._SY450_.jpg

Omg I loved them ! Can’t seem to see them anywhere now ! Damn 

JudyJudyJudy

Smiths square crisps cheese and onion or salt and vinegar were great . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Omg I loved them ! Can’t seem to see them anywhere now ! Damn 

discontinued last year

JudyJudyJudy
On 29/01/2019 at 21:33, jonesy said:

Reading this thread makes me want crisps :) 

I save them for Saturday evenings in my rock n roll lifestyle... It's only Tuesday :( 

I deliberately didn’t read this thread till now as it would definitely make me want crisps too !! Some great memories of by gone ones . It’s hard being on a diet looking at this thread 😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

discontinued last year

Shit !! Totally loved them . 

Jamstomorrow

Was keen on big bags of Tyrrells Sea salt and vinegar, but £2 a bag.  Moved onto Sainsbury's finest at £1 a bag.  Much better value.  Also keen on Baked Cheesy Wotsits.  No wonder I am getting a fat git.

Riddley Walker

Mackies Crisps are an abomination of a crisp. Trick you into thinking they're going to be kettle chipesque but in reality it's like eating salted cardboard. 

Shanks said no

Has anyone found these anywhere in Edinburgh?

Furrows Cheese & Pickled Onion

Edit - Appears they may be in Waitrose - anyone confirm this?

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

10 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Mackies Crisps are an abomination of a crisp. Trick you into thinking they're going to be kettle chipesque but in reality it's like eating salted cardboard. 

They've got a strange texture. It's like they've been dehydrated rather than fried. First time I tried them, I had to check the ingredients to see if they were made with powdered potato, or something. Definitely not a favourite.

23 hours ago, milky_26 said:

discontinued last year

"KP Foods said demand had fallen, so bosses took the decision to cease production. A nation is mourning the loss of the old-time crisp brand Brannigans, a mainstay of pub bar shelves and a corner shop staple, which has been suddenly discontinued due to falling sales"

but if you Google them it's literally just loads of various forums (from football fans all the way through to Mumsnet!) Asking for stockists.

farmfoods were the only stockist really. Maybe if KP/branigans had actually supplied them properly they'd find they sell fine.

trouble is Tesco express etc all have the same tired variety of crisps every time.

my workmate was telling me his local cornershop usually just has your regular safe bets. Walkers etc. But every so often he'd make a request to the owner and knowing he's a regular he would get something in (roysters, bacon oinks etc). My workmate swears by the time he returned for another bag a day or so later the other customers would've finishes off the box of 'new crisps'. dunno how accurate that is exactly but point being shops, Especially big chains, will constantly just go for boring and safe.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

These are brilliant. Have only seen them in Scotmid.

61HPSTiIYnL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Love these. Quite strong as well.