Jump to content
Roxy Hearts

Jamie Walker

Recommended Posts

Section Q
3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes. Would you take Jamie back? Can score and better than some some we've got. 

No.... Him and Nicholson couldnt wait to leave us...! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub
5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

All four would unfortunately Jamie is finished as a player 

Christ Jamie's no world beater but he's proved himself in this league . Something none of the 4 mentioned have done 

Anyway it's Christmas time so have a good one 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
46 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Pish. Just been through flash scores and 8 appearance since early Sept but nice try! More appeances than uche, Berra and souttar?! Yip that's maybe cause it's hard to play when you're injured ffs!

Posh website says 12 appearances, not sure which is correct, yours or mine. Point I was making was he has played more football in last three months than those I named so he is at least as match fit those guys are/will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

No.... Him and Nicholson couldnt wait to leave us...! 

Don't forget to add Paterson to that list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Posh website says 12 appearances, not sure which is correct, yours or mine. Point I was making was he has played more football in last three months than those I named so he is at least as match fit those guys are/will be. 

 

Very rarely starts 

 

Mostly sub 

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jamie-walker/profil/spieler/72518

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Very rarely starts 

 

Mostly sub 

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jamie-walker/profil/spieler/72518

I agree. Posh website has 6 starts. My point was that he is at least relatively match-fit in response to poster who said he hadn’t played for ages. 

Id guess he would be more productive than any winger currently on our books. Can’t come back until summer in any case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulp74

He couldn't wait to get away and did all he could to engineer a move to the huns so feck him. Wouldn't want him back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lfhearts

Have a look at Michael Smith's appearances before he signed for us, Walkers a shoe in to that team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, Salvator said:

If Stevo can come back & Andy Webster can come back then Jamie Walker certainly can

Neither of those should have, and I also wouldn't welcome back JW.

I think it sets bad precident to re-employ those who disrespect the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adambraejambo

Few months ago I said on here no way.....now though if he does a 2 page spread in the record or sun and says leaving us was the biggest mistake he has made. ....he must also mention that Rangers died whilst wearing a craig whyte mask in this 2 page spread. Do that I'll welcome him back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ford donald
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

Are they wanting their money back?

Probably!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Neither of those should have, and I also wouldn't welcome back JW.

I think it sets bad precident to re-employ those who disrespect the club.

 

Correct, well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb1958

No we've got enough dead wood at hearts and I'm not just talking about the players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

Are they wanting their money back?

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O

Never ever turned up v Hibs and couldn't wait to sign for Rangers.

 

It's a no from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambmoz

If he can’t play for us anyways it’s not really an issue is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
way out west jambo

Depends what attitude he would come back with? If it’s the old Jamie walker who wants to bust a gut, win matches and push for the scotland squad again, it’s a YES all day long from me. If it’s ‘bad attitude’ Jamie, then absolutely no way we should sign him.

 

interesting to see many saying that his knees are shot to bits however, has he not just passed 2 medicals in recent months? Wigan would have gave him a medical before they signed him and then Peterborough would have done the same. Would those 2 clubs have signed Jamie if his knees were as bad as what some people are making out? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

It's about motivation. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold

It’s a no for me. We don’t need folk who hide when times are tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub
23 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

Depends what attitude he would come back with? If it’s the old Jamie walker who wants to bust a gut, win matches and push for the scotland squad again, it’s a YES all day long from me. If it’s ‘bad attitude’ Jamie, then absolutely no way we should sign him.

 

interesting to see many saying that his knees are shot to bits however, has he not just passed 2 medicals in recent months? Wigan would have gave him a medical before they signed him and then Peterborough would have done the same. Would those 2 clubs have signed Jamie if his knees were as bad as what some people are making out? 

 

 

The bit about the knees is quite funny as you said he's just passed 2 medicals and was offered a contract from us ,which would suggest the knees are fine

 

Unless jkb medical experts know better ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q

Paterson always gave his all for us. Walker and Nicholson couldn't be bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboron

A define NO for me , he played to get away from the club when he could have signed a contract to allow the club to get a fee .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

Slept on it, a big fat noooooooooooooooooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Canada

No. He's playing as an occasional sub mostly, in the English third division.  

 

His last six months with us were poor so I can't see any logical reason to even think about bringing him back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

Would take him back for 6 months but wouldn’t want him back permanently. Would improve us in an attacking sense, knows the club and league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Someone able to clarify. I'm hazy on the rules.

 

Walker's played for both Wigan & Peterborough this season, hasn't he?

 

Don't think you're allowed to play for more than two clubs in a season...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub
9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Would take him back for 6 months but wouldn’t want him back permanently. Would improve us in an attacking sense, knows the club and league. 

So why wouldn't you want him longer if he'd improve us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
way out west jambo
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Someone able to clarify. I'm hazy on the rules.

 

Walker's played for both Wigan & Peterborough this season, hasn't he?

 

Don't think you're allowed to play for more than two clubs in a season...? 

This has been posted throughout the thread and it would appear to be the rules that apply however, is there a loophole or grey area in the rules which we’re looking to exploit?

what got me thinking is this... surely Levein, Budge & the rest of the Commercial Team or Board members at hearts that would be involved in the transfer wouldn’t be wasting their time speaking to Wigan/Peterborough if the 2 club rule does apply?? Also, surely these commercial teams, board members at Wigan/Peterborough wouldn’t waste their time either?? Someone mentioned earlier that Hearts are in dialogue with Wigan, so why would we be in a dialogue with Wigan if the transfer is impossible to complete? This is the part that is puzzling me....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
12 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

All four would unfortunately Jamie is finished as a player 

 

The four you mentioned have barely started as players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveyhmfc

No. We have enough passengers as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo

I liked Jamie and was disappointed he didn't kick on with Hearts.

 

However, if we are looking for players outwith Vanacek in January, there's a big world out there, get scouting!

 

Bringing back Walker seems a bit lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

I've taken the view now that his injury finished him. Never been a player since it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

So why wouldn't you want him longer if he'd improve us?

Because he wouldn’t need time to get used to playing here for the few months till the end of the season but, long term we need better. 

Bringing someone else will need till the end of the season. TBH toss up between him and Milincovic I’d take the latter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaggy2

Wouldn’t be against it, per se, but I agree with Clerry Jambo that there may well be better gambles out there. Jamie would be a gamble as he seems to have completely lost his mojo since his injury/all the Rangers nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonnicky63

yes ,one of the best players to come through our system , so he wanted to go to Rangers who cares as long as he comes back and plays good football .He could have handled it better of course but so should some of the tits on here who slaughtered him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rambo1874

No. Terrible attitude. Slower than a fortnight. Didn’t have any impact on the big games. We need to be looking at better players than him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry

Would much rather have Milinkovic back. It’s been a long time since Walker got people up out of their seats the way Milinkovic did at Hearts. Neither have done a lot since leaving, but Milinkovic did it here more recently.

 

As others have said though, it’s a big world out there. The reason guys like Walker and Milinkovic get named though, is because we know what they are about, and January windows are notoriously difficult to get an effective player in, unless you already know all about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nelly Terraces

Wonder if he can last more than 30 minutes without looking like he's run an ultramarathon with a 20KG weight on his back.

 

The most laughably unfit player I've witnessed watching the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fraggle

Still wouldn't give him the steam from my pi55. He's made his bed, let him like in it. 

 

Plus, we are carrying enough unmotivated deadwood as it is, don't need to add more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52

Why do people start threads like this?? Thousands of players to look at and we seem to have a fixation on ex players.  I mean I could understand it if he was playing well, or even if he had been playing well before he left us. The fact is he was rubbish before he left and can't get a game for a mid table league one club in england, so why would we want him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le Chat
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Why do people start threads like this?? Thousands of players to look at and we seem to have a fixation on ex players.  I mean I could understand it if he was playing well, or even if he had been playing well before he left us. The fact is he was rubbish before he left and can't get a game for a mid table league one club in england, so why would we want him?

 

I'd imagine it's because there's been a few murmurs on social media about him maybe coming back.

 

And it's a 'no' from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauldrick

A few posts on here seem to suggest that Mrs Budge/ Craig have spoken to Wigan/Peterborough about Walker, where are they hearing this? or is it just something on their Santa wish list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Slim Stylee

Are you watching Jamie? ?

 

See what a bit of application does?

 

From the Cardiff half-season review:

 

Stars/flops Makeshift striker Callum Paterson is becoming a proper cult hero. He’s all action, looks bad-ass and just loves it. I don’t think he can believe how well he’s doing and the love he’s getting from the stands is crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

No. Was a twat and has hardly played since:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
47 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

A few posts on here seem to suggest that Mrs Budge/ Craig have spoken to Wigan/Peterborough about Walker, where are they hearing this? or is it just something on their Santa wish list?

Just speculation. Craig has already said that there will be no signings apart from Vanacek in jan.Why would he lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo
9 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Never ever turned up v Hibs

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Busby8
54 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

 

 

 

 

........and a booking for celebrating comparatively tamely with his own fans............ FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo

Would Jamie Walker make a marked improvement to our team?

 

Absolutely.

 

Personally would rather be sign permanently than on loan though. Can see him doing well for a couple of games and the Rangers chat starting again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dazajmbo
3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Just speculation. Craig has already said that there will be no signings apart from Vanacek in jan.Why would he lie?

 

Craig told us all we would only sign 6 in summer, we signed 19 or something. Craig is smart. If he says we want 10 players, the 10 don't think they will get a game, or feel wanted. Media don't stand outside Tynie all week. And any player now who isn't Venecek will feel special and wanted after the one player in chat. Will be a few in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gizmo
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Would Jamie Walker make a marked improvement to our team?

 

Absolutely.

 

Personally would rather be sign permanently than on loan though. Can see him doing well for a couple of games and the Rangers chat starting again. 


On form and committed he is very good at this level. That would be the question if he was available and we were interested in re-signing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...