Jamie Walker

Roxy Hearts

Just now, indianajones said:

Can't stand the thought to be honest. We appear to be going back to the natural way of things and are actually turning up, physically competing and showing hunger vs Hibernian. 

Jamie Walker does not bring any of the above. Not even a hint of them. 

You don’t need to convince me, mate. 

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• jambocub

• Mikey1874

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:38, Barack said:

Not aimed at you. But I'll leave this here for others:

"Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. ... During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs."

Wigan 1 game. Peterborough 12 games.

He may have been on the park but did he actually play......

He would even just be an improvement off the bench over Mulraney and, right now, Clare so it’s a yes please from me. Couldn’t care less that he moved elsewhere. players who come back for a second spell with us seem to do well more often than not.

6 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

A clip of him scoring for Hearts v Dumbarton followed by a clip of him in his car showing the radio playing the song "Im stuck on you" by Lionel Ritchie, specifically the part where he sings  "i'm on my way"!

I find it strange he’s the only ex player we ever tag! Him and skacel and that’s about it for players who are still playing. Nicholson got a goal in in yesterday’s video and he didn’t get tagged. Neither did zeefuik, but Sam Nicholson has been with us for a long time and left on good terms. 

6 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

A clip of him scoring for Hearts v Dumbarton followed by a clip of him in his car showing the radio playing the song "Im stuck on you" by Lionel Ritchie, specifically the part where he sings  "i'm on my way"!

Worth noting that the two different clips were posted 8 hours apart though - so not necessarily related.

Posting a clip online of him driving a car whilst recording on his phone probably about sums up his intelligence mind you.

GorgieRules22

Seems to be getting a lot of stick on here, probably no need for the majority of it. Jamie underperformed towards the tail end of his Hearts career but when he was on form he was a delight to watch.

52 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Seems to be getting a lot of stick on here, probably no need for the majority of it. Jamie underperformed towards the tail end of his Hearts career but when he was on form he was a delight to watch.

Correct 

58 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Spot on. 

He would improve the squad immediately. 

He woukd also be returning to a very different different club from the one he left - much more disciplined and focussed - and hopefully he can grasp that and play his part. 

Their was one game against rangers at home, we won 4-1 think it could’ve been under Cathro but Walker was outstanding best player on the park by a mile

5 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Their was one game against rangers at home, we won 4-1 think it could’ve been under Cathro but Walker was outstanding best player on the park by a mile

I could name you a dozen games since that one where he was absolutely anonymous. 

I don't know why why this thread is continuing, we’re not going to sign a player who can’t play for us for 6 months. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Hope someone reports him, if true.

Not suggesting that anyone scurries off to be the person to grass him up for it - I just think that, especially in this day and age when its exactly the sort of thing police frown upon, doing it in the first place is ill advised at best - but posting it publically on social media is just sheer stupidity - stupidity which is probably multiplied tenfold by having the sort of following he does.

4 hours ago, dallan said:

Well, I think there is an excellent player in there somewhere amongst all the drama...

It seems to me most of the drama surrounding Jamie Walker exists only here on Kickback. 

Good luck to him in his career. It looked to me that injuries had largely finished him before he even left us. Overall, a player who made an excellent contribution. 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Exactly, we’ll said.

Yes I’ll admit he was poor towards the end of his time here, was it injuries/lack of motivation/head turned by another club? Maybe a combination of all three.

But there is no doubt on his day he was one of our best players, some fans can’t wait to turn on someone though.

I hope he gets his career back on track, maybe even return one day. 

Jamie using social media to whore himself  again i see 

the laddie is an attention seeking Junkie,  its not worked out for himself down south as we all knew it wouldn't .....the grass is not greener from Hearts.....now He's taking to social media to feed his ego again so Hearts fans can plead for his return. 

No thank you 

5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Exactly, we’ll said.

Yes I’ll admit he was poor towards the end of his time here, was it injuries/lack of motivation/head turned by another club? Maybe a combination of all three.

But there is no doubt on his day he was one of our best players, some fans can’t wait to turn on someone though.

not only that but follow the guy they dislike around the internet looking for reasons to make a drama about anything he does.......strange/petty behaviour

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

Can't stand the thought to be honest. We appear to be going back to the natural way of things and are actually turning up, physically competing and showing hunger vs Hibernian. 

Jamie Walker does not bring any of the above. Not even a hint of them. 

Absolute rubbish you spout 

He always gave 100% in fact at one stage he was one of the very few 

I just don’t get this always tried for us and was a right good player would take him back without any hesitation 

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Needs to go and reinvent himself at Dundee Utd or Dunfermline or the likes 

Yeah, he still has potential to get his career back on track.

Helping Dunfermline win promotion next season perhaps unless Neilson still fancies him.

GorgieRules22
40 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Jamie using social media to whore himself  again i see 

the laddie is an attention seeking Junkie,  its not worked out for himself down south as we all knew it wouldn't .....the grass is not greener from Hearts.....now He's taking to social media to feed his ego again so Hearts fans can plead for his return. 

No thank you 

Wee bit over the top from you there.

No sure I’d ever slate a player that come through the ranks and gave us more good than bad performances.

9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The thought of ever going in to another Edinburgh Derby with Jamie Walker as our ‘talisman’ makes me absolutely shudder.

Agreed!

His last derby match at Tynecastle where he didnt try a leg, never kicked a ball and wanted off the park as soon as possible just summed him up!

Mental that people actually want him back.

8 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Agreed!

His last derby match at Tynecastle where he didnt try a leg, never kicked a ball and wanted off the park as soon as possible just summed him up!

Mental that people actually want him back.

Exactly.He downed tools at Hearts,no excuses for that,talented player,injury prone.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Exactly, we’ll said.

The "tail end" - that is some way of describing a year and a half

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

I just don’t get this always tried for us and was a right good player would take him back without any hesitation 

He never always gave 100% 

40 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Can't believe folk don't want him back, fantastic talent attitude is not always spot on but another who walks into team.

Doesn't walk into the team. Wouldn't have him near the reserves. 

If he came back I've no doubt it'd start well then he'll revert back to the big shot attitude. 

3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Aye,  This, exactly.  You'd think he'd agreed to sign a new contract and instead turned up at Eater Road the next day kissing the Hibs badge, the way some posters go on here, instead of being a badly advised daft laddie acting like a tit for the last year of his time at Tynie.

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Its you spouting the rubbish!

Walker was lazy and for the last year he was with us, he never tried a leg.

I’m guessing Jamie and his partner are homesick and will be back up the road in the summer. 

He he was never going to cut it in England and he’s destined for the most mediocre of careers now. A real waste.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Wee bit over the top from you there.

No sure I’d ever slate a player that come through the ranks and gave us more good than bad performances.

Its exactly what he's doing though. He Tried to Hoor himself a move to rangers whilst a Hearts employee , lied about being offered a deal to be top earner at the club, and gave up with 6 months to go and his performances reflected it. Thought the grass was greener and it wasnt now has his legs tucked between his legs and using social media to force  a move home. Irrelevant that he came through the ranks 

Wigan happy for him to go from what I've been told he wants back up here if Craig thinks he can get something out of him I will back him. 

Think the truth with Walker is somewhere in the middle , he won the 2017 Federation of Hearts supporters clubs player of the year award - not bad considering he ‘downed tools’ and was in the middle of the Cathro shambles.

That said I wouldn’t want him back now as the way his agent went about engineering a move to Rangers left a sour taste. If he was to come back and perform to the standard he was capable of I’m sure people would get over it.

Was always looking for him to step up in the derby matches but other than his goal in the championship he did very little against them.

Might have been a hero if it wasn’t for bad choice in agent and injuries.

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Are you mental? The guy looked half deid after about 30 minutes. Just doesn't look to have any sort of fitness about him. Plus the fact he's a snake and someone that shouldn't be anywhere near Hearts. 

This weird obsession with bringing JW and back is mind-boggling. We're better than him. 

Nelly Terraces
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Are you mental? The guy looked half deid after about 30 minutes. Just doesn't look to have any sort of fitness about him. Plus the fact he's a snake and someone that shouldn't be anywhere near Hearts. 

This weird obsession with bringing JW and back is mind-boggling. We're better than him. 

Totally agree. His fitness levels are laughable. Looked like he was towing a tonne weight behind him after 30 minutes & his lack of physical sharpness led to mental fatigue meaning he never ever scored when one on one with keepers & his penalties were like passbacks.

People's obsession with wanting to bring this guy back, along with just about anyone else who's pulled on a maroon shirt the past 10 years, is, as you say, just bizarre. Some people really need to get over it & see past it. 

32 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Totally agree. His fitness levels are laughable. Looked like he was towing a tonne weight behind him after 30 minutes & his lack of physical sharpness led to mental fatigue meaning he never ever scored when one on one with keepers & his penalties were like passbacks.

People's obsession with wanting to bring this guy back, along with just about anyone else who's pulled on a maroon shirt the past 10 years, is, as you say, just bizarre. Some people really need to get over it & see past it. 

Well said mate. Couldn't agree more 

Look forward, not back 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

As a ‘project’ I feel he is worth a gamble. 

We have only just got rid of one 'project'.

Please lets not bring in another!

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

At our level every signing comes with baggage or issues. We at least know what Jamies are. 

I was giving Jamie the benefit of the doubt when the whole situation was going on but by the end of it I just could not be bothered with him. I'm really not sure he improves us if he came back. Where will he play? He isn't a winger and I would much prefer Naismith in that role behind the strikers.

If he did return however, I would support him. Anyone signing for Hearts gets my support as a players performing well helps the team.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

At our level every signing comes with baggage or issues. We at least know what Jamies are. 

Yea, a knee that my 90 year old gran wouldn't want. 

11 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

More a lost cause rather than a project.

Can't forgive him for downing tools for the last 18 months of his contract.  Also getting intentionally sent off against Aberdeen, to avoid playing against the Huns.