Jamie Walker

Roxy Hearts

thecorrieorphin
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Especially your first paragraph! “Cared more than any other player on the pitch”:rofl: 

Not surprised by your comments. Jamie Walker is a Hearts fan and you've made your feelings clear on what you think of Hearts fans on several occasions 

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• jambocub

• Mikey1874

10 minutes ago, thecorrieorphin said:

Not surprised by your comments. Jamie Walker is a Hearts fan and you've made your feelings clear on what you think of Hearts fans on several occasions 

Eh? :rofl:

N Lincs Jambo

JW not in the Wigan squad for today's game after being recalled from Peterborough Utd. Also Jason Cummings not in the Posh squad either. Don't think he's been recalled by Nott'm Forest but I might be wrong.

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

JW not in the Wigan squad for today's game after being recalled from Peterborough Utd. Also Jason Cummings not in the Posh squad either. Don't think he's been recalled by Nott'm Forest but I might be wrong.

I think Cummings will be back at Hibs soon. 

3 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

Technically hes better than Lee. Granted. But Olly Lee gives 100% every game and has just pung one in the top bin from 30 yards at Easter Road to give us a much needed victory down there, something Jamie Walker never managed.

He's a wee snake who cannot be trusted. He's been found out down south and now probably totally regrets his decisions and actions before he left Tynecastle.

He managed to do it against them at Tynecastle though. Or is it only counting if it’s at Easter Road. 

The fact is Jamie Walker is a better player than most of the midfielders at Hearts at the moment and would definitely get into the team. 

If he comes back at some stage, I’ll just have to suck it up. Used to be a big fan when he was younger, but the combination of his poor form and the Rangers debacle put him right down in my estimation. The biggest thing for me was derby games, he was pretty much a constant in that poor run again Hibs and I would be sitting there wanting one of our better players to step up and show something, and invariably he didn’t do it. Maybe he’s a victim of his poor fitness but his body language did not help either. He was absolutely anonymous in games where we needed him to show something and when he’s doing that at the same time as appearing to court Rangers attention, then that’s not something you can put up with for very long as a fan.

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

Jamie was sent off at Aberdeen because he was extremely frustrated, probably due to the fact he cared more than any other Hearts player on the pitch.

Some absolute pish gets spouted on here.

Haha this is a belter. He got sent off because his attitude was terrible. Indefensible.

jambos are go!

A

4 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

Technically hes better than Lee. Granted. But Olly Lee gives 100% every game and has just pung one in the top bin from 30 yards at Easter Road to give us a much needed victory down there, something Jamie Walker never managed.

He's a wee snake who cannot be trusted. He's been found out down south and now probably totally regrets his decisions and actions before he left Tynecastle.

You  think that shot was 30 yards out? 

Horatio Caine

I think if JW returned he would have to prove himself all over again.  And if he did, he would then have to remain committed and not be seduced by the advances of any new club.

Bridge of Djoum
On 11/01/2019 at 04:18, NB GIN said:

Absolute rubbish you spout 

He always gave 100% in fact at one stage he was one of the very few 

I just don’t get this always tried for us and was a right good player would take him back without any hesitation 

Sorry, mate but that's just nonsense.

Bridge of Djoum

Although I agree with those saying we could use his talent, no denying that, talent is **** all without attitude and effort. He basically gave up and bent over in front of Ibrox flashing his man gash.

I won't go as far as calling his names, but he can **** off as far as I'm concerned. Showed us a disrespect like few others in his last months. 

If a player leaves under bad circumstances, then if he comes back he’ll need to make up for it in his performances and attitude. Webster and Stevenson did that. Not sure if Walker will be able to. Can’t see where he fits in the team. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, JyTees said:

Based on the fact he's a good footballer.

With a shocking attitude towards Hearts.

And that isn't an opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Although I agree with those saying we could use his talent, no denying that, talent is **** all without attitude and effort. He basically gave up and bent over in front of Ibrox flashing his man gash.

I won't go as far as calling his names, but he can **** off as far as I'm concerned. Showed us a disrespect like few others in his last months. 

:gok:

4 hours ago, JyTees said:

Jamie was sent off at Aberdeen because he was extremely frustrated, probably due to the fact he cared more than any other Hearts player on the pitch.

Some absolute pish gets spouted on here.

Yep, mostly by appologists for JW.

39 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

If a player leaves under bad circumstances, then if he comes back he’ll need to make up for it in his performances and attitude. Webster and Stevenson did that. Not sure if Walker will be able to. Can’t see where he fits in the team. 

Walker will not get within a million miles of a Hearts shirt again until Levein is 100% certain his attitude and motivation for returning is spot on. That conversation will take place before any offer is even considered. 

My recollection of Walker's sending off against Aberdeen was that it was frustration - mainly with how bad we were and how little effort we were putting in collectively.  I didn't see that as a moment where his commitment was lacking.

That said, the subsequent online flirtation with Rangers and ever decreasing performance levels up until his exit needs to be taken into account - equally the 18 months prior he was consistently our best attacking threat.

I am not sure if he is what we need now, especially as he doesn't really play wide anymore. If there was any chance of him returning you'd expect that he would need to show contrition for how he handled the last few months and display some real commitment before Levein considered it.

Jamie would be a better player than most of our current midfield, but only if he sorted out his attitude first.

If that happened, he would be the first name in most SPL teams. 

I have never seen anything to suggest JW would fit into a CL team consistently, Olly Lee is not a battle hardened guns blazing midfielder and consequently lost his place for a few weeks. 

JW if returning would be a bench warmer at best. He hasn't got the heart required, he certainly hasn't shown he has grown up and wants to succeed. 

It's a shame because he has decent ability, he's one I think will regret his mistakes as his career tapers off.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think if JW returned he would have to prove himself all over again.  And if he did, he would then have to remain committed and not be seduced by the advances of any new club.

You do know how a (short) football career works? Every player is entitled to have their head turned and take a money-spinning offer when it comes around. Expecting anything different is naive beyond words

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

You do know how a (short) football career works? Every player is entitled to have their head turned and take a money-spinning offer when it comes around. Expecting anything different is naive beyond words

who cares about how short a footballers career is? They can get another job after they finish playing football. Just like any normal person who for whatever reason loses their job.

24 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

The clever ones make their money work for them and diversify their talents into some other venture. The thick ones pish  it all up against a wall. 

53 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I have never seen anything to suggest JW would fit into a CL team consistently, Olly Lee is not a battle hardened guns blazing midfielder and consequently lost his place for a few weeks. 

JW if returning would be a bench warmer at best. He hasn't got the heart required, he certainly hasn't shown he has grown up and wants to succeed. 

It's a shame because he has decent ability, he's one I think will regret his mistakes as his career tapers off.

But Djoum has????? 

58 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

By not trying when on the pitch their career will be even shorter.

in order to do anything, you need a squad of players. At least Walker is a known entity. Even if he was used sparingly, he'd still be an asset. Or maybe we fancy a new Amankwaa. Though the prospect of him returning (Walker) must be very doubtful.

People should get over what a player has done, it's what he could do.  It's self defeating, otherwise. No point in the haughty responses from some. If Levein thought he could do a job, every single thing in the past will be forgotten.

Edited by Riccarton3

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

in order to do anything, you need a squad of players. At least Walker is a known entity. Even if he was used sparingly, he'd still be an asset. Or maybe we fancy a new Amankwaa. Though the prospect of him returning (Walker) must be very doubtful.

People should get over what a player has done, it's what he could do.  It's self defeating, otherwise. No point in the haughty responses from some. If Levein thought he could do a job, every single thing in the past will be forgotten.

Too injury prone, couldn't get a game for Peterborough 

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Spot on Riccarton 3, he wil easily get into our side.

No he wouldn't unfortunately Wigan and Posh fans don't want/rate him.

If you look at Peterborough upfront the boy Tonev looks a player, Cummins has no chance, Jamie was always going to toil as had been with Hearts so long and no doubt homesick, will be great if we can get him back.

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I can assure you The boss wants him back, now be a good lad and get back to checking those security passes.

You sound like you know what's going on. Has he played for too many clubs?

Fort Vallance

Ability wise I'd take him back in a minute. If he's got his head screwed on it would be a no brainer. If he's the same as he was when he left forget it and move on.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I can assure you The boss wants him back, now be a good lad and get back to checking those security passes.

Stop talking shite.

If, and it's a big if considering what I heard from a member of his family, Jamie were to come back to Hearts, it would be a very different Jamie Walker to the one who left.

His attitude would have to be spot on and he wouldn't be allowed to shirk the hard work.

46 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I can assure you that you’re talking shite as per usual ??