Jamie Walker

Roxy Hearts

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No idea if he is or not, IMO he should be, but we will be more likely to take a risk on someone from the 3rd tier of dutch football or something. Hearts have a terrible track record of letting proven SPL players pass through the net. Boyce, Shalk, Rooney, McGinn are all recent examples of this. Robbo was constantly trying to get someone at the club to go in for Ryan Christie years ago. Just imagine that.

Fingers crossed some quality. 

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• jambocub

• Mikey1874

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Sow played 16 minutes for MK Don's last week, maybe we should sign him instead :clyay:

Sow will be back in the near future. Levein rates him highly 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Sow will be back in the near future. Levein rates him highly 

:yas:

Sow and Uche either side of big Dave V wrecking shit up with Naismith tapping it in through the corpses

3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Just speculation. Craig has already said that there will be no signings apart from Vanacek in jan.Why would he lie?

“Lie”? ?

He’ll make Baby Jesus cry. 

:sob:

27 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No idea if he is or not, IMO he should be, but we will be more likely to take a risk on someone from the 3rd tier of dutch football or something. Hearts have a terrible track record of letting proven SPL players pass through the net. Boyce, Shalk, Rooney, McGinn are all recent examples of this. Robbo was constantly trying to get someone at the club to go in for Ryan Christie years ago. Just imagine that.

Spot on with that Daz

Hearts should always be the next step outside the arsecheeks for SPL players and as you say we have been poor at recruiting that type of player in recent times.

7 hours ago, Rambo1874 said:

No. Terrible attitude. Slower than a fortnight. Didn’t have any impact on the big games. We need to be looking at better players than him. 

I'm sure he scored two v Rangers in the 4-1 victory at Tynie?  Scored in the Derby to save a point in a draw during the championship season.

In the season he was part of a bunch of kids thrown into the team ,he scored the opener v Aberdeen in a 2-1 win.   In the same season he led the charge by scoring the equaliser on the way to a 3-1 win at Pittodrie. Various other times he contributed in so called big games.  A brilliant opener at Parkhead being another in Neilson's first full SPL season

People are selective with Walker so they can moan about him.

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I'm sure he scored two v Rangers in the 4-1 victory at Tynie?  Scored in the Derby to save a point in a draw during the championship season.

In the season he was part of a bunch of kids thrown into the team ,he scored the opener v Aberdeen in a 2-1 win.   In the same season he led the charge by scoring the equaliser on the way to a 3-1 win at Pittodrie. Various other times he contributed in so called big games.  A brilliant opener at Parkhead being another in Neilson's first full SPL season

Indeed they are. You for example have just been extremely selective about Jamie’s performances. He was far too often utterly hopeless on the park for Hearts. **** knows why he is extended so much grace that other players are not.

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Indeed they are. You for example have just been extremely selective about Jamie’s performances. He was far too often utterly hopeless on the park for Hearts. **** knows why he is extended so much grace that other players are not.

Have I? I never once said he wasn't up to standard at times.

I was taking to task the point to a particular post but also how other people generalise Walker....as I say, to suit their own outlook.

18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Have I? I never once said he wasn't up to standard at times.

I was taking to task the point to a particular post but also how other people generalise Walker....as I say, to suit their own outlook.

Yes, I got that. However, for a large proportion of his games at Hearts he was utter dug meat. 

You were pointing out that people can be selective in their view of him, yet you chose a few of his few and far between good performances to paint his time here in a positive light.

You surely see that these things work both ways?

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Craig told us all we would only sign 6 in summer, we signed 19 or something. Craig is smart. If he says we want 10 players, the 10 don't think they will get a game, or feel wanted. Media don't stand outside Tynie all week. And any player now who isn't Venecek will feel special and wanted after the one player in chat. Will be a few in 

Daza I ****ing love you ?? merry Christmas mate 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Boys...come, come.

Goodwill to all men. I won't have two good posters at each other.

Internet handshake...now...

I’d seriously hope nobody would be getting offended at a different opinion on a player who left us a couple of seasons ago? ?

If so, Jingle-ho-bell—wonderland-tree etc. ❤️?❄️

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

The other poster has answered this for me tbf. 

He played well in that game v Rangers and it was a peach of a goal v hibs but it was few and far between. 

He started promisingly but didn’t kick on. He was briefly our main man but he didn’t impact nearly enough important games. 

He seemed unfit, injury prone and slow. I don’t think he had the attitude to become a top player. He’s barely kicked a ball since he left us. 

I dont believe hes what the current side side is missing and I’d hope we would be looking at better players than him. 

52 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yes, I got that. However, for a large proportion of his games at Hearts he was utter dug meat. 

You were pointing out that people can be selective in their view of him, yet you chose a few of his few and far between good performances to paint his time here in a positive light.

You surely see that these things work both ways?

Large proportion of his games?  Come on.  I know you don't like him but that's 'utter dug meat'. 

Up until the season people started to round on him he was doing a good job. 

24 minutes ago, Rambo1874 said:

He played well in that game v Rangers and it was a peach of a goal v hibs but it was few and far between. 

He started promisingly but didn’t kick on. He was briefly our main man but he didn’t impact nearly enough important games. 

He seemed unfit, injury prone and slow. I don’t think he had the attitude to become a top player. He’s barely kicked a ball since he left us. 

I dont believe hes what the current side side is missing and I’d hope we would be looking at better players than him. 

Fair enough mate.

Walker didn't turn out the player we all hoped but still a good SPL performer.

I'm not saying bring him back and I haven't once. I think the OTT criticism he gets stems from the fact alot of supporters expected wonders from him and that in itself proves how much he was rated initially. 

Even before he left he was still our main threat from midfield. I remember a game v Ross County last season which ended 0-0. Hearts were recorded as having 20 odd efforts on goal. It was a game Isma missed from two yards.

Walker drove us continually from the middle of the park, playing people in and getting efforts on goal. We lack that just now. I laugh at people talking about courage.  Look at the state of us in midfield just now.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Daza I ****ing love you ?? merry Christmas mate 

Same to you mate. Seems your enjoying the drams already ?

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Large proportion of his games?  Come on.  I know you don't like him but that's 'utter dug meat'. 

Up until the season people started to round on him he was doing a good job. 

Feck-me... opinions, eh?

:rofl:

HeartsInMyBlood

Hmmmm, given our current position of being on an uncontrollable slide towards 8th, it's hard to see how we could say no to a player who makes incisive runs and creates goals

Fair to say a number of supporters thoughts his head had been turned by the alleged sevco approaches (nothing new there in the history of Scottish football), the lure of more money down south (as if any of us would welcome the opinions of anyone else as to our right to look for a better paid job) and the notion he might be too good to stay with us (if we are going to produce stars in the academy he certainly won't be the last to fancy his chances elsewhere...jyst check CP progress at Cardiff for proof).

I'd welcome him back as long as the club feel he is worth it, both financially and where his head is, I.e. not as a stepping stone to greyskull

Right, sorry, can’t help doing this so close to Christmas Day... but...

These incisive runs and pace?

That pace?

What the absolute **** are you all on about? Am I sitting in a time machine here? :rofl:

No ****ing idea what player some of you guys are talking about. 

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Craig told us all we would only sign 6 in summer, we signed 19 or something. Craig is smart. If he says we want 10 players, the 10 don't think they will get a game, or feel wanted. Media don't stand outside Tynie all week. And any player now who isn't Venecek will feel special and wanted after the one player in chat. Will be a few in 

So your saying we'll sign a few players? 

You've been on the ball previously with signings

..if you reckon the players outside vanceck will feel special it doesn't say much for the 18 players recruited in the summer. 

As usual it's another huge window in our recruitment and another year down the 5 year plan.

10 minutes ago, jambocub said:

So your saying we'll sign a few players? 

You've been on the ball previously with signings

..if you reckon the players outside vanceck will feel special it doesn't say much for the 18 players recruited in the summer. 

As usual it's another huge window in our recruitment and another year down the 5 year plan.

We will sign a few yeah and i think one or 2 will leave as well. We might take 2 back from loans depending what and who comes in.

I mean they will feel if they do any research the manager says one in, they will feel wanted more than if he said yeah we want x amount to come in. 

And theres one or 2 pre contracts we want for summer.

For those doubting Jamie's contribution to hearts ( and big games) 

His goals to games ratio is around the same as Paterson ( who I thinks a better player) but he played up front for a fair bit.

My point is if we produce players of this quality  any time soon we'll be doing well

And hopefully we can get one of the decent academy players of the future to sign a deal that'll either keep them at hearts to help us achieve something or let us sell them for decent money 

As it stands we've done neither .

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

?????????? Well said!

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Rambo1874 said:

:spoton:

13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

We will sign a few yeah and i think one or 2 will leave as well. We might take 2 back from loans depending what and who comes in.

I mean they will feel if they do any research the manager says one in, they will feel wanted more than if he said yeah we want x amount to come in. 

And theres one or 2 pre contracts we want for summer.

Always value your input as it's normally spot on 

Hopefully any signings in this window are actually better than what we have already ...merry Christmas and happy New year to yourself

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Always value your input as it's normally spot on 

Hopefully any signings in this window are actually better than what we have already ...merry Christmas and happy New year to yourself

Likewise ?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Walker not the worst player to play for Hearts, but he massively failed to fulfill early potential.  The last year or so was also poor in terms of his behaviours.

If he re-signs, however, then it's more telling on the abilities of Wighton, Clare and indeed Levein.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Just what we need. An overrated inconsistent player with a stinking attitude. Let’s get him in on a 3 year deal. 

Steady so don’t tempt fate.

Tennant's  6's
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d be mortified if we signed Walker. 

Yep, burned his bridges. No pace for out wide, not influential/ charisma for playing off the front men.

Wish we would go for out if contract proven SPFL players, missed out on a good few in recent yrs. 

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

They weren’t looking at anybody else bar Vanacek . . . . that was before the Livi game. We live in hope.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Yes they were.

No they weren’t, Levein said so. Was he lying? One coming in, end and of story, no matter you’ve heard.

I don't know what some of these guys on here are talking about, Walker was simply oozing with talent when he first broke into Hearts 1st team, sure he lost his way a bit due to the underhand tactics of a certain club in their successful efforts to unsettle him plus a series of injuries, I would have him back in a heartbeat if Craig and co could get him back to where he was, but I would insist that he gets himself a new agent, another thing that concerned me was that some clowns started moaning about young Cochrane, also just back from injury, had a poor game against Rangers and now they're pontificating that he'll never make it with Hearts, Jeeze, have some of these guys ever actually played football.

Edited by Bauldrick
word missing

Geoff the Mince

The guy is a spineless manchild ; he was shite when he left and now he cant get a game at 3rd tier  Peterborough ! Thank feck Kickback aint the real world .

8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I asked Craig Levein who daz aka darren  on jkb was he said not got a clue.

“Awright Craig, I’m Lfhearts from Kickback. Do you know that dazajmbo guy, mate? Stop laughing and walking away from me... CRAIG! ... do you know dazajmbo or not! CRAIG!”

1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

The guy is a spineless manchild ; he was shite when he left and now he cant get a game at 3rd tier  Peterborough ! Thank feck Kickback aint the real world .

I don’t know footballers mentalitys are funny , come back - back up for Naismith , no pressure on him has to step up. Might work. Would it? Not sure but it might...

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No they weren’t, Levein said so. Was he lying? One coming in, end and of story, no matter you’ve heard.

Levein's job isn't to always tell the truth, it's to do whatever he thinks is best for the club.

There might be times where that would involve telling the 100% truth about potential transfers in interviews but who seriously thinks that would be the norm? Surely any decent manager will see interviews as an opportunity to motivate the players and will say what they think will help, rightly or wrongly. 

On 24 December 2018 at 21:43, Haken said:

A full fit, fully committed Walker would be worth having.  I don't know if he's either  of those things.

This for me. I would love to see him back here fully committed to the cause and fighting fit.  I don't know if he is operating with the Agent he had while he was here though. If he is my fear would be that he would only be using the club to engineer a move to Sevco. There is no doubt that he can play  when he is fit and his mind is in the right place though. That Does not seem to have been the case down south though.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
9 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I asked Craig Levein who daz aka darren  on jkb was he said not got a clue.

Did ye, aye?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Levein's job isn't to always tell the truth, it's to do whatever he thinks is best for the club.

There might be times where that would involve telling the 100% truth about potential transfers in interviews but who seriously thinks that would be the norm? Surely any decent manager will see interviews as an opportunity to motivate the players and will say what they think will help, rightly or wrongly. 

I know he lies, he said they didn’t know Haring was a midfielder then said he did. 

Does he lie to the people who are looking for the players? We’re not after anyone else, unless that’s changed after the Livi game.