Jamie Walker

Roxy Hearts

5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

All four would unfortunately Jamie is finished as a player 

Christ Jamie's no world beater but he's proved himself in this league . Something none of the 4 mentioned have done 

Anyway it's Christmas time so have a good one 

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• jambocub

• Mikey1874

46 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Pish. Just been through flash scores and 8 appearance since early Sept but nice try! More appeances than uche, Berra and souttar?! Yip that's maybe cause it's hard to play when you're injured ffs!

Posh website says 12 appearances, not sure which is correct, yours or mine. Point I was making was he has played more football in last three months than those I named so he is at least as match fit those guys are/will be. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Posh website says 12 appearances, not sure which is correct, yours or mine. Point I was making was he has played more football in last three months than those I named so he is at least as match fit those guys are/will be. 

Very rarely starts 

Mostly sub 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jamie-walker/profil/spieler/72518

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very rarely starts 

Mostly sub 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jamie-walker/profil/spieler/72518

I agree. Posh website has 6 starts. My point was that he is at least relatively match-fit in response to poster who said he hadn’t played for ages. 

Id guess he would be more productive than any winger currently on our books. Can’t come back until summer in any case. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, Salvator said:

If Stevo can come back & Andy Webster can come back then Jamie Walker certainly can

Neither of those should have, and I also wouldn't welcome back JW.

I think it sets bad precident to re-employ those who disrespect the club.

adambraejambo

Few months ago I said on here no way.....now though if he does a 2 page spread in the record or sun and says leaving us was the biggest mistake he has made. ....he must also mention that Rangers died whilst wearing a craig whyte mask in this 2 page spread. Do that I'll welcome him back! 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Neither of those should have, and I also wouldn't welcome back JW.

I think it sets bad precident to re-employ those who disrespect the club.

Correct, well said.

way out west jambo

Depends what attitude he would come back with? If it’s the old Jamie walker who wants to bust a gut, win matches and push for the scotland squad again, it’s a YES all day long from me. If it’s ‘bad attitude’ Jamie, then absolutely no way we should sign him.

interesting to see many saying that his knees are shot to bits however, has he not just passed 2 medicals in recent months? Wigan would have gave him a medical before they signed him and then Peterborough would have done the same. Would those 2 clubs have signed Jamie if his knees were as bad as what some people are making out? 

23 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

Depends what attitude he would come back with? If it’s the old Jamie walker who wants to bust a gut, win matches and push for the scotland squad again, it’s a YES all day long from me. If it’s ‘bad attitude’ Jamie, then absolutely no way we should sign him.

interesting to see many saying that his knees are shot to bits however, has he not just passed 2 medicals in recent months? Wigan would have gave him a medical before they signed him and then Peterborough would have done the same. Would those 2 clubs have signed Jamie if his knees were as bad as what some people are making out? 

The bit about the knees is quite funny as you said he's just passed 2 medicals and was offered a contract from us ,which would suggest the knees are fine

Unless jkb medical experts know better ???

Captain Canada

No. He's playing as an occasional sub mostly, in the English third division.  

His last six months with us were poor so I can't see any logical reason to even think about bringing him back. 

Would take him back for 6 months but wouldn’t want him back permanently. Would improve us in an attacking sense, knows the club and league. 

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Would take him back for 6 months but wouldn’t want him back permanently. Would improve us in an attacking sense, knows the club and league. 

So why wouldn't you want him longer if he'd improve us?

way out west jambo
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Someone able to clarify. I'm hazy on the rules.

Walker's played for both Wigan & Peterborough this season, hasn't he?

Don't think you're allowed to play for more than two clubs in a season...? 

This has been posted throughout the thread and it would appear to be the rules that apply however, is there a loophole or grey area in the rules which we’re looking to exploit?

what got me thinking is this... surely Levein, Budge & the rest of the Commercial Team or Board members at hearts that would be involved in the transfer wouldn’t be wasting their time speaking to Wigan/Peterborough if the 2 club rule does apply?? Also, surely these commercial teams, board members at Wigan/Peterborough wouldn’t waste their time either?? Someone mentioned earlier that Hearts are in dialogue with Wigan, so why would we be in a dialogue with Wigan if the transfer is impossible to complete? This is the part that is puzzling me....

12 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

All four would unfortunately Jamie is finished as a player 

The four you mentioned have barely started as players. 

I liked Jamie and was disappointed he didn't kick on with Hearts.

However, if we are looking for players outwith Vanacek in January, there's a big world out there, get scouting!

Bringing back Walker seems a bit lazy.

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

So why wouldn't you want him longer if he'd improve us?

Because he wouldn’t need time to get used to playing here for the few months till the end of the season but, long term we need better. 

Bringing someone else will need till the end of the season. TBH toss up between him and Milincovic I’d take the latter

Wouldn’t be against it, per se, but I agree with Clerry Jambo that there may well be better gambles out there. Jamie would be a gamble as he seems to have completely lost his mojo since his injury/all the Rangers nonsense.

maroonnicky63

yes ,one of the best players to come through our system , so he wanted to go to Rangers who cares as long as he comes back and plays good football .He could have handled it better of course but so should some of the tits on here who slaughtered him

Would much rather have Milinkovic back. It’s been a long time since Walker got people up out of their seats the way Milinkovic did at Hearts. Neither have done a lot since leaving, but Milinkovic did it here more recently.

As others have said though, it’s a big world out there. The reason guys like Walker and Milinkovic get named though, is because we know what they are about, and January windows are notoriously difficult to get an effective player in, unless you already know all about them.

Nelly Terraces

Wonder if he can last more than 30 minutes without looking like he's run an ultramarathon with a 20KG weight on his back.

The most laughably unfit player I've witnessed watching the game.

Still wouldn't give him the steam from my pi55. He's made his bed, let him like in it. 

Plus, we are carrying enough unmotivated deadwood as it is, don't need to add more.

Why do people start threads like this?? Thousands of players to look at and we seem to have a fixation on ex players.  I mean I could understand it if he was playing well, or even if he had been playing well before he left us. The fact is he was rubbish before he left and can't get a game for a mid table league one club in england, so why would we want him?

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Why do people start threads like this?? Thousands of players to look at and we seem to have a fixation on ex players.  I mean I could understand it if he was playing well, or even if he had been playing well before he left us. The fact is he was rubbish before he left and can't get a game for a mid table league one club in england, so why would we want him?

I'd imagine it's because there's been a few murmurs on social media about him maybe coming back.

And it's a 'no' from me.

A few posts on here seem to suggest that Mrs Budge/ Craig have spoken to Wigan/Peterborough about Walker, where are they hearing this? or is it just something on their Santa wish list?

Big Slim Stylee

Are you watching Jamie? ?

See what a bit of application does?

From the Cardiff half-season review:

Stars/flops Makeshift striker Callum Paterson is becoming a proper cult hero. He’s all action, looks bad-ass and just loves it. I don’t think he can believe how well he’s doing and the love he’s getting from the stands is crazy.

47 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

A few posts on here seem to suggest that Mrs Budge/ Craig have spoken to Wigan/Peterborough about Walker, where are they hearing this? or is it just something on their Santa wish list?

Just speculation. Craig has already said that there will be no signings apart from Vanacek in jan.Why would he lie?

54 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

........and a booking for celebrating comparatively tamely with his own fans............ FFS.

Would Jamie Walker make a marked improvement to our team?

Absolutely.

Personally would rather be sign permanently than on loan though. Can see him doing well for a couple of games and the Rangers chat starting again. 

3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Just speculation. Craig has already said that there will be no signings apart from Vanacek in jan.Why would he lie?

Craig told us all we would only sign 6 in summer, we signed 19 or something. Craig is smart. If he says we want 10 players, the 10 don't think they will get a game, or feel wanted. Media don't stand outside Tynie all week. And any player now who isn't Venecek will feel special and wanted after the one player in chat. Will be a few in 

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Would Jamie Walker make a marked improvement to our team?

Absolutely.

Personally would rather be sign permanently than on loan though. Can see him doing well for a couple of games and the Rangers chat starting again. 

On form and committed he is very good at this level. That would be the question if he was available and we were interested in re-signing him. 

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Craig told us all we would only sign 6 in summer, we signed 19 or something. Craig is smart. If he says we want 10 players, the 10 don't think they will get a game, or feel wanted. Media don't stand outside Tynie all week. And any player now who isn't Venecek will feel special and wanted after the one player in chat. Will be a few in 

Do you think Kamara may be on the radar?

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you think Kamara may be on the radar?

No idea if he is or not, IMO he should be, but we will be more likely to take a risk on someone from the 3rd tier of dutch football or something. Hearts have a terrible track record of letting proven SPL players pass through the net. Boyce, Shalk, Rooney, McGinn are all recent examples of this. Robbo was constantly trying to get someone at the club to go in for Ryan Christie years ago. Just imagine that.