Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Dawnrazor

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

So "needing snookers" is not what a player needs. He need points for fouls. Which can happen without snookers. 

Needing is the operative word. If someone says you needs snookers, you are no don't in soapy bubble.

Edited by ri Alban

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Should of.  :vrface:

Could of.  :facepalm:

Would of.  :lion:

Try the word ‘have’ please, it’ll look better and it will actually make sense too.

Language evolution. If something is used often enough, it become common usage. See some of the shite that has entered the dictionary, especially text short hand used on here. Gargabe but hey, that's the rules. 

Personally, I think should've sounds like should of. Anyway Scottish people who say Haitch and Jay instead of Aitch and Jye do my tits in.  Bunch of slaves.

Oh and be a good lad and tell the 3 folk on here, it's their, not thier.  Viking pronouns need to be pronounced correctly, thanks.

Edited by ri Alban

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Language evolution. If something is used often enough, it become common usage. See some of the shite that has entered the dictionary, especially text short hand used on here. Gargabe but hey, that's the rules. 

Personally, I think should've sounds like should of. Anyway Scottish people who say Haitch and Jay instead of Aitch and Jye do my tits in.  Bunch of slaves.

Oh and be a good lad and tell the 3 folk on here, it's their, not thier.  Viking pronouns need to be pronounced correctly, thanks.

Or is it instead've ?

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Yes, their, there and they’re are not hard to remember, and in turn, use correctly but hey ho.

At this moment in time........Is there any moment that's not in time.

This is the reason why....... either this is why or this is the reason.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

This whole apologising for being late stuff annoys me. Two minutes late these days and you have to apologise

That's just good manners.

On 22/12/2018 at 05:18, iantjambo said:

“And I was like...” “And she was like...” “and he was like...”

My step daughter is the worlds worst for this, she will say each variation of the above about a hundred times if telling a story.

This like, i was just like going to say something similar like.

OOPs ...............................like.

"Sorry to bother you"  ( no your not)

Same difference

Six and half a dozen or even worse. Six and two thirds

Take that back ( i cannot and Will not)

It is what it is ( so still shit then)

"We're aw Jock Tamsons bairns" a bloke said this to me on Friday, I'd heard it since moving to England..............wtf does that mean? and who the **** was Jock Tamson? 

been here before

"Journey". Not in the sense of travelling from A to B but by simply having done something or had something happen.

Used exclusively by wanks who tend to have sime sort of bed wetting story of their journey to wankdom.

39 minutes ago, been here before said:

"Journey". Not in the sense of travelling from A to B but by simply having done something or had something happen.

Used exclusively by wanks who tend to have sime sort of bed wetting story of their journey to wankdom.

Thought you were going to say ‘footie’ or ‘Lulu’!

:) 

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Most, if not all, Americanisms.

Starting a sentence with the words So, Look or Listen.

Or, ‘do you want to know something’?

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

"We're aw Jock Tamsons bairns" a bloke said this to me on Friday, I'd heard it since moving to England..............wtf does that mean? and who the **** was Jock Tamson? 

He was the minister of Duddingston Kirk in Edinburgh, and he referred to his congregation as his bairns.  The congregation used to say of themselves, "We're a' Jock Thamson's bairns", and the saying spread.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

He was the minister of Duddingston Kirk in Edinburgh, and he referred to his congregation as his bairns.  The congregation used to say of themselves, "We're a' Jock Thamson's bairns", and the saying spread.

Really? 

been here before
6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes, that's a true story.

Its one 'true story' but there are others around the origin of the phrase.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

This whole apologising for being late stuff annoys me. Two minutes late these days and you have to apologise

Quite right having to apologise.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

a bit like of someone whose having health/mental/etc problems. "He's not in a good place"  

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

a bit like of someone whose having health/mental/etc problems. "He's not in a good place"  

I hate that one.

Thunderstruck

Pronouncing ‘Definitely’ as ‘Defin-8-ly’ or ‘Defin-ah-tly’. 

There are even a few (including on Kickback) who manage to evade spell-check or autocorrect to use ‘definately’ in their Internet ramblings.   

Seymour M Hersh
On 22/12/2018 at 03:19, Maiden Gorgie said:

Politicians saying "Let's be clear....." at the start of a sentence.

I think George Osbourne started it and it has mutated.

I think it's "let me be clear" and that oik probably didn't start it as I doubt he would be a leader of anything. But it's definitely a politician thing to say.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Also almost all modern "business speak" (for want of a better description) pisses me off. You know the sort of crap, blue sky thinking etc etc. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Also almost all modern "business speak" (for want of a better description) pisses me off. You know the sort of crap, blue sky thinking etc etc. 

What's that other one, when the boss wants everyone to come together with ideas. Can't mind, but it does my head in.

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's that other one, when the boss wants everyone to come together with ideas. Can't mind, but it does my head in.

Thought shower? The new term for brainstorming which was apparently insulting to people who had a brain injury! **** right off!!!!

Just now, EH11_2NL said:

Thought shower? The new term for brainstorming which was apparently insulting to people who had a brain injury! **** right off!!!!

Brainstorming, that's the one.. I was think it was power something for ages.

Cheers.

Arnold Rothstein
On 23/12/2018 at 04:11, ri Alban said:

People who say Jye. Complete rubbish. 

13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm sure he knows what the expression means, he just hates everything Scottish

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:22, Dawnrazor said:

What the **** does that even mean??? I've banned my son from saying it ?

That's what I've always wondered. 

Ending an email 'Kind regards'. Especially the type that might tell you something like you've got to work 10 days on the trot. It 'fair rips my knitting', which is another one. 

22 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Ending an email 'Kind regards'. Especially the type that might tell you something like you've got to work 10 days on the trot. It 'fair rips my knitting', which is another one. 

Never use “regards” at the end of an email. One slip of the finger and it becomes something altogether different and wholly offensive.