HMFC Share Register

Footballfirst

Yesterday at the service I had a few words with Donald Cumming from FOH re the limbo shares that HOMST used the leftover funds after the original  SOH way back in 2005 to purchase .All of us who had money left got one of the attached.
Donald said the process was like walking through treacle but he had a handle on where the process fell down . When I mentioned the certificate I had he was interested to see it so I have sent a copy of mine to him. Maybe if everyone who has one of these could pm me a note of their name , certificate number and no of shares involved I could compile a spreadsheet to help in this matter

HomstSharecertificate.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• Bull's-eye

• Pheasant Plucker

38 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Yesterday at the service I had a few words with Donald Cumming from FOH re the limbo shares that HOMST used the leftover funds after the original  SOH way back in 2005 to purchase .All of us who had money left got one of the attached.
Donald said the process was like walking through treacle but he had a handle on where the process fell down . When I mentioned the certificate I had he was interested to see it so I have sent a copy of mine to him. Maybe if everyone who has one of these could pm me a note of their name , certificate number and no of shares involved I could compile a spreadsheet to help in this matter

Hi I also gave money to SOH back in the day and was happy to leave the money in for shares but ultimately never received this. When roughly did you receive this? Reason I ask is I moved house years ago and the trust were a shambles to get in touch with no one replying to e-mails etc. I’d given up trying but bugged me that someone has the shares for probably a good few people. 

14 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Hi I also gave money to SOH back in the day and was happy to leave the money in for shares but ultimately never received this. When roughly did you receive this? Reason I ask is I moved house years ago and the trust were a shambles to get in touch with no one replying to e-mails etc. I’d given up trying but bugged me that someone has the shares for probably a good few people. 

I got this in 2006 I think and , as above, Donald has been working on this mystery for some time I just thought it might help to get a consolidated , or at least some idea, of who had one of these HOMST promisery shares certificates to provide some assistance to Donald.
I have know Derek(HOMST) for over 40 years and he was always a bit vague re records of these shares

Just noticed this thread.....

Cant see my name on the list, I do have a certificate for 1000 shares with the shareholder reference number etc, and I get the invites each year to the AGM....bought mine as part of the Vlad share issues back in the day.......but cant see my nae on the list?...any ideas how to rectify it?

ta

9 hours ago, brownkg said:

I’ve often wondered what happened to these shares. 
I’ve sent you the information from my certificate. Hopefully you can shed some light on this.

Bungalow Bill

Is there a contact for the share register?

The reason I ask is, I have two lots of shares:

1. Pre vlad shares - 200

2. Vlad bail out shares - 1000

I was wondering if it was worth consolidating my entries and certificates. At the moment I receive 2 share reports so feels like a bit of a waste. 

At the same time I don’t want risk losing my 10 loyalty points. 

Worthing Jambo
9 hours ago, brownkg said:

I got this in 2006 I think and , as above, Donald has been working on this mystery for some time I just thought it might help to get a consolidated , or at least some idea, of who had one of these HOMST promisery shares certificates to provide some assistance to Donald.
I have know Derek(HOMST) for over 40 years and he was always a bit vague re records of these shares

I’ve forwarded mine👍

Malinga the Swinga

Never read this before but after checking, pleased that I made list, as has son.

Seems lifetime ago. Have been to few shareholders dinners but they were pre Vlad. They were decent enough occasions from what I remember.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Is there a contact for the share register?

The reason I ask is, I have two lots of shares:

1. Pre vlad shares - 200

2. Vlad bail out shares - 1000

I was wondering if it was worth consolidating my entries and certificates. At the moment I receive 2 share reports so feels like a bit of a waste. 

At the same time I don’t want risk losing my 10 loyalty points. 

Try contacting Equiniti or check the help section on their website.

https://equiniti.com/uk/help-and-support/

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Do folk on this list qualify for additional loyalty points?  Asking for a fiend (spelt correctly) 

Iirc only pre Romanov share issue holders qualify. 

The shares  ONLY those which had been left in the SOH pot in 2005.
If you money left in SOH you would have been sent a certificate like mine.
IF and ONLY IF you have a certificate issued by HOMST like mine below are you impacted by this query

Malinga the Swinga

Shares held pre and during Romanov for me. They are pari passu apparently as I held onto them when Vlad bought club.

Worthless now but still glad I have them.

15 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I personally know of a few people, myself included that left in their original £500 HOMST donation to allow shares to be bought but never received a share certificate or any explanation as to why they were omitted.

There have been numerous threads regarding this topic raised on this site over the years but the issue remains unresolved.

I doggedly emailed Derek and his successor looking for answers over an extended period of time but eventually just gave up.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shares held pre and during Romanov for me. They are pari passu apparently as I held onto them when Vlad bought club.

Worthless now but still glad I have them.

Not completely worthless.  It depends on the market value of the club should it ever come up for sale.

I'd estimate the current value as something between £20m and £30m.  At a £20m valuation, each share would be valued at 12.8p, at £30m it would be 19.2p.

However, as there is no market for trading the shares, you would be limited to making a private deal with another (prospective) shareholder.  

Bungalow Bill
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

No Romanov share holders received the loyalty points too

That’s at odds with what I’ve been told by the TO. 

50 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I bought shares under the Romanov sell off and received extra loyalty points for a fixed period of time . Five years possibly , I forget

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I bought shares under the Romanov sell off and received extra loyalty points for a fixed period of time . Five years possibly , I forget

Yes that’s correct. It was only for a 2-3 years. 

Pre Vlad shareholders get 10 LPs per season ongoing. 

Edited by Bungalow Bill

Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

Yes that’s correct. It was only for a 2-3 years. 

Pre Vlad shareholders get 10 LPs per season. 

Did not know that 

20 hours ago, brownkg said:

Thanks - have dropped you a message.

I seem to remember a previous attempt to get to the bottom of this but Derek had vanished and wasn't responding to any communication.  Would be good to get to the bottom of it as whilst the shares aren't worth much they have sentimental value, and certainly should now be in the possession of all their original contributors.  Let me know if you need any assistance at all.

Bungalow Bill

I’m going to sell 200 shares to my mate as he doesn’t own any, I have 1200. 

What would folk suggest as an approximate value?

Bungalow Bill
26 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Ignore this. I’ve now read footballfirsts post. 

Must be old age , or stupidity, after following the link, what do I click on to see details of shareholders?  I can see a number of tabs, including Filing history, People , Insolvency etc. Just get the feeling I am missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, moonraker said:

Must be old age , or stupidity, after following the link, what do I click on to see details of shareholders?  I can see a number of tabs, including Filing history, People , Insolvency etc. Just get the feeling I am missing something obvious.

If you look at the date pf 24/12/21...there is a document called "Confirmation statement" [PDF of 888 pages].....download that...it has all the names on it [found mime last night on it]

I tried to attach it as a file but wouldn't upload, due to the size of the file I guess.....

4 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

My certificate says 10p each.

I offered a liquidator 10p a share for a company that went bust holding some shares. They never bothered to reply

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

42 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

My certificate says 10p each.

I offered a liquidator 10p a share for a company that went bust holding some shares. They never bothered to reply

10p is a notional price per share. The price is whatever any two parties are willing to transact at. 

6 hours ago, moonraker said:

Thanks for Info...blind rather than stupid, Page 127

15 hours ago, Poseidon said:

So if we were valued at £30m the shares have nearly doubled in value? Who said investing in football is a mugs game. :verysmug:

Ron Gordon did

:verysmug:

Both me and my wife bought bailout shares and we got one share certificate with both our names on it, makes me proud. Especially as she's not a football fan.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

Both me and my wife bought bailout shares and we got one share certificate with both our names on it, makes me proud. Especially as she's not a football fan.

I think that moment is often overlooked. We had to raise over a million quid in a matter of days just to keep the lights on and Robbo was instrumental in getting the fans backing. With the benefit of hindsight, that was when we realised how much the fans were willing do financially to support the club. And look where we are today - absolutely incredible!

2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I think that moment is often overlooked. We had to raise over a million quid in a matter of days just to keep the lights on and Robbo was instrumental in getting the fans backing. With the benefit of hindsight, that was when we realised how much the fans were willing do financially to support the club. And look where we are today - absolutely incredible!

I remember going to the bank and withdrawing over £1000, driving to Tynecastle in my lunch break and handing it over to somebody in the office, got a receipt and left not expecting to see my money again and realised I’d better not tell the wife, I’m sure loads of other fans have similar stories. Like many others I also contribute to the FOH, I done 2 lots of £500 to contribute to the building of the new stands in the Robinson era ( I think it was the 500 Club). I am one of many who dug deep and it’s always a source of great pride for me, my son and every Hearts fan. We saved our Club, another Club didn’t get a response. 
Very proud to be a jambo. 

Is there a way to transfer ownership of my 1400 shares to my son that doesn’t involve a sale?
Getting on a bit and would prefer to keep them in the family.

57 minutes ago, Korky said:

Is there a way to transfer ownership of my 1400 shares to my son that doesn’t involve a sale?
Getting on a bit and would prefer to keep them in the family.

Yes, there's a share transfer form on The Equiniti website. 

4 hours ago, Darkwhisky7 said:

I remember going to the bank and withdrawing over £1000, driving to Tynecastle in my lunch break and handing it over to somebody in the office, got a receipt and left not expecting to see my money again and realised I’d better not tell the wife, I’m sure loads of other fans have similar stories. Like many others I also contribute to the FOH, I done 2 lots of £500 to contribute to the building of the new stands in the Robinson era ( I think it was the 500 Club). I am one of many who dug deep and it’s always a source of great pride for me, my son and every Hearts fan. We saved our Club, another Club didn’t get a response. 
Very proud to be a jambo. 

Yes - I don't think the significance of that share issue can be overlooked in terms of buying time. The fact that so many of us bought shares knowing that we could well be throwing money away said a lot about the strength of feeling for the club. HMFC was far too dear to many of us just to stand there and do nothing. How it has all turned out is just brilliant. I think Ann Budge should also be commended for honouring those share purchases after the club came out of administration. While the shares may have little monetary value, the share certificates have significant sentimental value. 

My dad's on the shareholder list. He died a few years ago, what happens to the shares after that? He's still in my network on etickets and gets 10 points per season (I haven't had the heart to remove him from my network).

9 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

My dad's on the shareholder list. He died a few years ago, what happens to the shares after that? He's still in my network on etickets and gets 10 points per season (I haven't had the heart to remove him from my network).

This might help from the Equinti, Hearts registrars.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.shareview.co.uk/4/Info/Portfolio/default/en/home/shareholders/Documents/Bereavement_Brochure.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjwkNTFnLf7AhWogVwKHUXjAIUQFnoECA4QBg&usg=AOvVaw34rdmeGjiQ8TY2xnKHPkWM

Edited by DETTY29

15 hours ago, stirlo said:

Yes - I don't think the significance of that share issue can be overlooked in terms of buying time. The fact that so many of us bought shares knowing that we could well be throwing money away said a lot about the strength of feeling for the club. HMFC was far too dear to many of us just to stand there and do nothing. How it has all turned out is just brilliant. I think Ann Budge should also be commended for honouring those share purchases after the club came out of administration. While the shares may have little monetary value, the share certificates have significant sentimental value. 

This is what I think too 

portobellojambo1
On 15/11/2022 at 17:02, Bungalow Bill said:

I originally held shares going back to the late 1980's but I sold all of those and had never received any loyalty points. I then became involved in the purchase of shares during the Ronanov period, both personally (10,000) and under my supporters club. For the personal investment I think everyone trceived additional loyalty points but these were pnly given for a period of either 3 or 5 years (can't remember which. Don't receive loyalty points for that holding now).

i oriniall

Edited by portobellojambo1

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Might be worth us having a chat about that - I bought some jointly with your dad so it probably needs a  bit of family admin!

I have the widow of a friend asking about selling his shares. I would buy them but honestly couldn't place a value on them. Has there been any recent trade and how would you facilitate a sale? Thank you for any advice.