Dundee Utd Takeover

The Old Tolbooth

Geoff the Mince

These guys are only bothered about making money from player sales ;  they do not care about the football team and are not bothered which league they play in  . Not a good move . 

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee Americans can get together. Merge clubs long term. Start with new joint stadium. Tayside San Siro.

Have to say that city could do with that. If not merging both clubs, certainly groundshare. 20k stadium. Both clubs get a main stand each and one of the ends. 10k each. 

Both stadiums are shiteholes. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Old Tolbooth

I find it very hard to believe that anyone would want to take over any club in Scotland, let alone Dundee, to make money by player sales, he's either very stupid or Thomson before him is one hell of a salesman! 

It's a status piece for Americans to show how successful they are buy owning a sports team, owning a major sports team in the US is like being given a knighthood in the UK. You can't just buy them in the US you almost have to lobby to get one, certainly in the NFL.

Mid Calder Jambo

Owned by an American.  Won't be as much fun as being owned by a mad Lith.....................................................................

21 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

It's a status piece for Americans to show how successful they are buy owning a sports team, owning a major sports team in the US is like being given a knighthood in the UK. You can't just buy them in the US you almost have to lobby to get one, certainly in the NFL.

I am not sure if many Americans will view Dundee Utd as a major sports team.  

Edited by Paolo

Couple utd fans i know are worried that the new owners will be much like the last and look to sell on any talent as soon as they can.   £1m for 80odd% of the shares is not a large investment if they can stop the club from losing money.

50 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Apparently this guy already owns a pro baseball and a hockey team. That's a lot of interests which will need finicial backing

queensferryjambo
55 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Couple utd fans i know are worried that the new owners will be much like the last and look to sell on any talent as soon as they can.   £1m for 80odd% of the shares is not a large investment if they can stop the club from losing money.

They needn't worry as Dundee Utd currently have no talent for sale. 

They are stuck in the Championship and have been for 3 seasons if I was a Dundee Utd fan I would be ecstatic that anyone would even be interested in their club.

I know that sounds really cynical but Dundee Utd are in a really bad way just now and things can't get any worse for them IMO.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Americans just can't help themselves when it comes to Arabs

I used to do a bit of work with Al Jazeera TV operational guys here in the UK. They told me that they were known as Al Jazeera all over the world except America, where they called themselves Peninsular Telecom. 

I asked why this was & they said they were fed up placing Outside Broadcast circuit orders with AT&T. The order would progress as normal until AT&T found out who the client was - then they hung up! 

Will be interesting to see how this goes. A benevolent rich owner is a great thing but we know from the VR experience that it can all go badly wrong. 

Interesting that both Dundee clubs have American backing. I wonder if they could see a merge as a possibility. 1 Dundee club could potentially rival Aberdeen in size right? 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Interesting that both Dundee clubs have American backing. I wonder if they could see a merge as a possibility. 1 Dundee club could potentially rival Aberdeen in size right? 

No matter how much that might make sense, how many Dundee or Utd fans do you think would be up for that? Not many would be my guess. 

4 minutes ago, communist said:

No matter how much that might make sense, how many Dundee or Utd fans do you think would be up for that? Not many would be my guess. 

True, no fan would support it, but after it happens I think most would begrudgingly accept it, especially if they start competing at the right end of the table.

1 hour ago, communist said:

One of these things that makes sense on paper but not in the real world with real people.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

that's what I was looking for, his net worth. That has been kept quiet, but if he has a few bob they could walk that league and become a force in the one above. Interesting day for them and Scottish Football if he does invest good money. I'm not so quick to call this a bad move, you do get good owners in football particularly with smaller clubs, you find a guy that for whatever reason is mad about a club and does a great job, look at Doug Ellis and John Madeski. 

Big Slim Stylee
7 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

And owning a shite little football team in a Scottish provincial league will surely be something for them to boast about over here right enough ?