• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peebo

• jamboinglasgow

• Mikey1874

• Jammy T

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Peebo said:

Mac McCallum, our new US scout is also the USA Manager of AM Sports Tours, one of our assistant manager’s side ventures. 

Will be curious to see more about that. The negative could be that (though I dont believe it) MacPhee is using his position to grow his company. However I think reading up about him it does appear that he is well traveled and routed in the US. AM Sports Tours will provides tours for lots of youth teams in the US so the company alone will have a good chance to spot young players. Plus McCallum will have lots of contacts around the country who, if done correctly, he can create a network to alert us to players.

Mark Botterill is an interesting one, again look up things about him and he is a very well connected figure in youth football in America. Had a look at his twitter and only a week ago he was hosting a talk at a youth football conference. He seems to go from club to club so gives him a good oppourtunity to discuss the Global Youth Partner Program and other opportunities. Will be interesting to see if he brings in any benefits to us.

As I said when it was announced,  I reckon this program will take a few years before we see any benefit or substantial financial reward but I am fascinated to see how it goes.

Also see that they announced that Celtic are the final team in the 12 team U14 competition Hearts are holding.

• 3 weeks later...
Unknown user
34 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Hearts announces Albion Hurricanes FC as the latest club to sign up for the Global Youth Partner Programme. The team, from Houston, Texas is one of the leading clubs in the US with more than 3,000 players:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-delighted-hearts-agree-14097837

Another faceless cast of thousands, Vlad would be proud of those numbers! 

Wouldn't fancy being 80th choice goalie.