Positive Brexit

jake

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Think what you can gain.  If you exit with a deal instead of hiding on the pitch you'll get to put your hands on £37 billion in tax revenues and up to three million jobs.

I know the word "if" is in there, but that's positive, surely?

Surely?

You started on the Christmas sherry early Uly?:lol:

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Positive.  Think positive.  I'm being positive.  :smiliz19: 

Fair enough. It it Christmas. Good will and all that :santa3:

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ohh does that mean theres a £13Bn saving (A "Brexit Dividend")?

How much will the UK lose by NOT being in the EU?

OK I know, you dont know and either does anyone else on the planet...

True but it doesn't stop people from using made up numbers, based on a heroic projection of GDP growth for 15 years ahead, with more precision than our National Office of Statistics can manage for this year within the current year. And then comparing them with real numbers like those quoted by Seymour Hersh.

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Francis Albert said:

True but it doesn't stop people from using made up, based on a heroic projection of GDP growth for 15 years with more precision than our National Office of Statistics can manage within the current year. And then comparing them with real numbers like those quoted by Seymour Hersh.

Yip but at least the NHS will be much better to the tune of £350m a week etc.

the whole thing is batshit crazy and yet they are STILL selling Unicorns. 

Francis Albert
54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yip but at least the NHS will be much better to the tune of £350m a week etc.

the whole thing is batshit crazy and yet they are STILL selling Unicorns. 

First no-one promised it would be spent on the NHS - it was a rhetorical question. The number was wrong/misleading as it was a gross not net figure. The true number would be somewhere between £170m per week and £250m per week depending how we chose to spend the £4bn per year that the EU currently  "gives us back" from our gross £13bn contribution . Remainers during the campaign did and have since continued (understandably)  to make mileage of the side of the bus while distorting other numbers in an at least as or even more misleading way. The treatment of the BoE figures used for the "stress test" of banks as though they were forecasts. And the treatment of projections of GDP growth  under the various leave scenarios. You don't have to google for long to find the treatment of these scenarios or projections (the authors did not describe them as forecasts)  rubbished by independent experts

Does any one really think that if the number on the bus had been a mere £170m or £250m it would changed a single vote?

Anyway we derailed the intent of Jakes thread. Sorry Jake.

Edited by Francis Albert

The big positive for me, is that it get's rid of 751 gravy train riding, expense fiddling charlatans, that we help fund, in one fell swoop.

Now if we can just get it sorted the next time (if ever) that there's an indyref, that we either rid ourselves of Westminster, if that's what the people want (650 more charlatans), or do away with Holyrood altogether, which is another 129 absolute wastes of space. 

You point out the extra positives that the UK can get out of exiting with a deal - billions of extra tax revenues, and up to three million jobs - and some negative whiner has to have a go and ruin the positive vibe.

But what else do you expect from ardent Remainers?  :rofl: 

Seymour M Hersh
59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like a promise

IMG_20181220_172600.jpg

Does it say it'll be spent wholly on the NHS? No. Does it say every week it would be spent on the NHS? No. But you bash on with the made up story.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Does it say it'll be spent wholly on the NHS? No. Does it say every week it would be spent on the NHS? No. But you bash on with the made up story.

Aye, you have a short memory. That's exactly what they were saying.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

First no-one promised it would be spent on the NHS - it was a rhetorical question. The number was wrong/misleading as it was a gross not net figure. The true number would be somewhere between £170m per week and £250m per week depending how we chose to spend the £4bn per year that the EU currently  "gives us back" from our gross £13bn contribution . Remainers during the campaign did and have since continued (understandably)  to make mileage of the side of the bus while distorting other numbers in an at least as or even more misleading way. The treatment of the BoE figures used for the "stress test" of banks as though they were forecasts. And the treatment of projections of GDP growth  under the various leave scenarios. You don't have to google for long to find the treatment of these scenarios or projections (the authors did not describe them as forecasts)  rubbished by independent experts

Does any one really think that if the number on the bus had been a mere £170m or £250m it would changed a single vote?

Anyway we derailed the intent of Jakes thread. Sorry Jake.

Still going on about Unicorns and Narnia. We were all sold a pup. Be better for folk to admit they were lied to and still continue to be. Its not a sign of weakness to admit folk were duped. 

The governments handling of this whole affair is   More embarrassing than the USA voting in Trump and thats is saying something!

There wont be £3.50 extra for the NHS from the “Brexit dividend”. You can take that to the bank (If its not moved to a European member state). 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

You point out the extra positives that the UK can get out of exiting with a deal - billions of extra tax revenues, and up to three million jobs - and some negative whiner has to have a go and ruin the positive vibe.

But what else do you expect from ardent Remainers?  :rofl: 

Just the 3 million extra jobs? 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Still going on about Unicorns and Narnia. We were all sold a pup. Be better for folk to admit they were lied to and still continue to be. Its not a sign of weakness to admit folk were duped. 

The governments handling of this whole affair is   More embarrassing than the USA voting in Trump and thats is saying something!

There wont be £3.50 extra for the NHS from the “Brexit dividend”. You can take that to the bank (If its not moved to a European member state). 

Think its unicorns and moonbeams if that is the level of discussion.

Edited by Francis Albert

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Think its unicorns and moonbeams if that is the level of discussion.

It is mate. Thats what its come to. Complete fantasy. 

37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just the 3 million extra jobs? 

In or about that, más o menos.   Brexit with a deal is positive compared to a crash out, and this thread is all about the positives.

No whinging ardent Remainers welcome here.  No way, er, José.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

People took it exactly how it was meant to be taken.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So "let's give" doesn't mean give? 

Let's give doesn't appear on the bus. If 170m or 250m was delivered it would be about the closest any campaign had ever come to delivering on a campaign "promise". 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Some people. 

Few I suspect. Unless you really think 17.4 m voters were thick. No-one believes campaign posters. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Few I suspect. Unless you really think 17.4 m voters were thick. No-one believes campaign posters. 

Agreed, I thought the point was we "could" give that amount of money to the NHS, or any other department, if it wasn't going to the EU which is true. 

Edited by Dawnrazor

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The side of the bus still doesn't say what you claim it does. And Boris insists must be the worst argument in history as I am sure most leave voters understood, 

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The side of the bus still doesn't say what you claim it does. And Boris insists must be the worst argument in history as I am sure most leave voters understood, 

What does this say?

IMG_20181220_214537.jpg

Strange thing about Brexit is that prior to the referndum I had never met or heard anyone say that they actively wanted to leave the EU, or even express any concern about it. It just didnn't seem to be something that your average person was fussed about or thought was important. I was vaguely aware that it was an issue within the Tory party but that was it. Seems crazy that we actually find ourselves leaving.

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

In or about that, más o menos.   Brexit with a deal is positive compared to a crash out, and this thread is all about the positives.

No whinging ardent Remainers welcome here.  No way, er, José.

? ?

Allegedly its not about xenophobia. Its all about the laws that the EU “impose” on us. 

Which ones are they then?

Also, our passports are the wrong colour FFS!

Another positive for me was the electorate realising the EU is pointless.

Even as a trading bloc .

It's also amusing which is a positive to see the remainers view themselves as progressive.

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's generally accepted Boris Johnson and others did mean this.

It was generally accepted that the SNP meant this and, nearly 12 years later, they still haven’t delivered. 

A0D0C2D3-5715-4169-A2E0-4FC69BA6889D.jpeg

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It doesn't have to say it, the implication is enough. Folk get it stuck in the brain. As in the 'play it again Sam'  quote that never was. Boris, JRM , Nigel Farage and Gove said enough on the TV , to have people believe it. 

Gove, and Fox, why does noone ever question why their take back control, borders, money, laws and sovereignty back is great for the UK , why not your own country of birth. They can't scaremonger with EU membership or trade deals with the world, or even trade with the UK. It must be something else with these 2 (It's Christmas, so I'll no say what they are). Hopefully I'll get to ask them one day.

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully I'll get to ask them one day.

As they're being led in front of the firing squad.

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It doesn't have to say it, the implication is enough. Folk get it stuck in the brain. As in the 'play it again Sam'  quote that never was. Boris, JRM , Nigel Farage and Gove said enough on the TV , to have people believe it. 

Gove, and Fox, why does noone ever question why their take back control, borders, money, laws and sovereignty back is great for the UK , why not your own country of birth. They can't scaremonger with EU membership or trade deals with the world, or even trade with the UK. It must be something else with these 2 (It's Christmas, so I'll no say what they are). Hopefully I'll get to ask them one day.

If it was a more accurate number like 170m or 250m do you think it would have made any difference. And I know leave voters were " thick " but do you think they swallowed every political claim in their on average longer experience than the remainers?

On 19/12/2018 at 23:44, Francis Albert said:

Watch 17.4m people lose their jobs and homes. Nice.

It's the consequences of what the thick ***** wanted.

Edited by Jlv2004
Should check my spelling when using terms like that.

On 20/12/2018 at 18:30, ri Alban said:

Aye, you have a short memory. That's exactly what they were saying.

No they weren't. 

However, interestingly both some of  the Neanderthal brexiteers then and obtuse Remainers now have chosen to interpret it that way.

On 20/12/2018 at 22:35, Mikey1874 said:

What does this say?

IMG_20181220_214537.jpg

It says that there might be a sum of money, it might be £250 million, £170 million, or £9.60, and who knows, it might get spent somewhere - as any passionate Remainer can tell you.

I'm POSITIVE that's what it says.

On 21/12/2018 at 01:00, Thunderstruck said:

It was generally accepted that the SNP meant this and, nearly 12 years later, they still haven’t delivered. 

A0D0C2D3-5715-4169-A2E0-4FC69BA6889D.jpeg

True, but they have tried. Not very well I must say.

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If it was a more accurate number like 170m or 250m do you think it would have made any difference. And I know leave voters were " thick " but do you think they swallowed every political claim in their on average longer experience than the remainers?

I don't think anyone is thick, but they do believe what they want to hear or not hear , in this case. We're all guilty of it

23 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Just be nice to hear an explanation of the hypocrisy. That's all. Scotland can't afford to leave the UK market, but it's ok for the UK to leave the EU market. Add the EU and Scottish exports together and it's almost identical to Scottish exports bto England. But hey, Scotland Cannae trade with the world unless they do it for us.

And one other thing, if Scotland can supposedly do trade deals, aye don't laugh, why can't they do their own deal with the EU?

They didn't vote at Indyref, so no shooting. :)

On 21/12/2018 at 08:06, Governor Tarkin said:

No more anger, GT, Scotland has to pull together now.