Positive Brexit

jake

First and most important is that it was a revolution by the ballot box.

From the thick racists apparently.

But in pc terms the white working class.

I'd ask if any remainers would like to add any positives only?

22 minutes ago, jake said:

?

That's not a positive mind. I'll need to pay €7 for each trip to Europe. Plus to get that stamp I'll need to wait in some massive queue to get to passport control. Then anything I buy will be subject to customs on the way back in. So overall it's not great.

May I ask, at what stage do you think we'll run out of certain medicines?

9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

That's not a positive mind. I'll need to pay €7 for each trip to Europe. Plus to get that stamp I'll need to wait in some massive queue to get to passport control. Then anything I buy will be subject to customs on the way back in. So overall it's not great.

Lol 

55 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Britons will have to pay €7 (£6.30) every three years to travel to EU countries, as a consequence of Brexit.

The European Commission has confirmed that while UK travellers will not need a visa , they will need to apply for and buy another document.

It is called an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) and although not launched yet, is expected to come into force in 2021.

The travel requirement is not just for the UK but for many non-EU countries.

Duty free will also no doubt become the norm again. 

Certain medicines will always be available they may cost a bit more then again they may not once the finer details of a trade deal are sorted. 

We get our fishing waters back 

we are no longer bound by eu procurement rules , so the govt can prioritise British build

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Over the current maroon version.............that’s just crazy talk round these parts!

i want to contribute  to the thread in manner desired by op, as I broadly agree leavers have been painted unfairly in the negative by many. However, I’m really struggling so the best I can give is.............

My great, great grandkids may be better of free from EU. 

If you indepedance supporter, probably makes that more likely if a future referendum happens.

Aye. Blue passport with a white Saltire across it ?

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

we are no longer bound by eu procurement rules , so the govt can prioritise British build

Scottish waters raped by the British. 

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Yeah, bring back the Hillman imp.

We won't be forced to accept hundreds of millions of Turks when they join the EU and will no longer need to send 350 gazillion pounds to the EU every week and this can now be pumped directly into the NHS. But, most importantly, WE CAN TAKE BACK CONTROL - FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM. 

I will finally be able to buy that dream house I have always wanted when 1/3rd falls off house prices.

Then I will be able to take some time off work (probably quite A LOT OF TIME) when the business goes (or moves to Eire).

My pension will be worth a lot less than it has been of late. No need for all that money in retirement. Its just a waste.

My kids will be looking forward to camping holidays in beautiful Scotland as we wont be able to afford European or American holidays due to sterling crashing but the silver lining is that we actually enjoy the pissing rain & midges.

Should be quite a boost for the grow your own vegetables brigade when the price quadruples in the shops though & IMO, that is a positive. Gets folk out in the fresh air tending to their garden veggie patch. 

It will also be nothing if not entertaining when the tories start stripping away our human rights, workers rights and selling off our NHS to the yanks. That should be good.

Finally, when the great unwashed eventually WAKE THE FECK UP, I am looking forward to a landslide YES in the Scottish Independence Referendum to finally escape from these racist, xenophobic, Narnia/Unicorn fools.

13 hours ago, jake said:

First and most important is that it was a revolution by the ballot box.

From the thick racists apparently.

But in pc terms the white working class.

I'd ask if any remainers would like to add any positives only?

1. At least 2 votes before Independence could happen. 

2. EU strengthened and behind the scenes reforming.   

3. Probably will be some impovements and opportunities after initial problems. 

The main positive of Brexit is that people who voted for it, will quickly learn how moronic it is when the full consequences start to become apparent.

16 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The main positive of Brexit is that people who voted for it, will quickly learn how moronic it is when the full consequences start to become apparent.

Don't think so. I'll bet that a lot of these people are so entrenched in their views that even in the face of glaringly obvious negatives, even those which affect them peraonally, they still wouldn't realise and/or admit it.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

7 euros for three years worth of visits. £2 per visit if you make just one trip a year. Trips from and to the UK are already subject to passport control and at some European airports the queues can be long.

Who knows we may get back proper duty free! That would cover the 7 euros and then some

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Jeremy will be free to nationalise the commanding heights of whats left of British industry and offer state aid to struggling UK businesses.

Likely to bottom out the supply of labour so badly that companies will be begging to hire me once I finish my master's, leading to a work permit.

You know, for a foreign invader.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Likely to bottom out the supply of labour so badly that companies will be begging to hire me once I finish my master's, leading to a work permit.

You know, for a foreign invader.

How will Brexit impact yourself

?

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How will Brexit impact yourself

?

Well, the aforementioned likely dip in house prices won't be all that great since I just bought in August.

But, I'm cautiously optimistic it does just as I said and it ends up making it easier for me to find a job post-September 2019. Then again, it could go exactly the opposite way, the shortage of labour gets balanced out by a bunch of companies going belly up, thereby getting things into equilibrium again, just with a shrunk economy.

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Sir Roger Penrose is on the Joe Rogan Experience. 

All good!:fonzie:

Big fan of Penrose.

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Big fan of Penrose.

I like to listen to genius, when I can. Especially when they question flaws in humans.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I like to listen to genius, when I can.

From a man who listens to Salmond and Sturgeon that's quite a departure.

:kirk:

Cheap housing is the big possibility, the real reason greedy people want to remain.

Basically, when you ain't got nothing you've got nothing to lose.

21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

From a man who listens to Salmond and Sturgeon that's quite a departure.

:kirk:

I listen to most views. Then lose ma shit.

maroonlegions

Tory Brexit.

Positives??

NHS sell off to private health care multinationals.

Jeremy **** has done the damage already.

Workers rights, pay and working conditions at present  protected by EU law, ripped up over time.

Human rights, slowly stripped away, after all some in high places think we dont have a right to human rights, just ask the CEO of Nestles who has said on record  that WATER is NOT a basic human right.:vangry:

UK becomes a low paid workers  prison, an Island for the exploitation of low paid slavery workers and a very expensive way off life.  

The death of the Tory party is a real plausible outcome of Tory Brexit, that is my only positive.:fonzie:

9 hours ago, Martin_T said:

? 

That's the spirit

If it does end up Parliament has to come together to find a solution maybe they could realise they could work together to find solutions to other things like homelessness and providing care to vulnerable adults. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Boab1874 said:

Watch the Brexit supporters lose their jobs and home.I Cannot wait.

Watch 17.4m people lose their jobs and homes. Nice.

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Imagine if there was a massive ****ing, ******* Brexit thread that this could go in

Fair point but not positive

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Imagine if there was a massive ****ing, ******* Brexit thread that this could go in

That would require too much freedom of movement.  No can do.  :cheese:

The Real Maroonblood
23 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I will finally be able to buy that dream house I have always wanted when 1/3rd falls off house prices.

Then I will be able to take some time off work (probably quite A LOT OF TIME) when the business goes (or moves to Eire).

My pension will be worth a lot less than it has been of late. No need for all that money in retirement. Its just a waste.

My kids will be looking forward to camping holidays in beautiful Scotland as we wont be able to afford European or American holidays due to sterling crashing but the silver lining is that we actually enjoy the pissing rain & midges.

Should be quite a boost for the grow your own vegetables brigade when the price quadruples in the shops though & IMO, that is a positive. Gets folk out in the fresh air tending to their garden veggie patch. 

It will also be nothing if not entertaining when the tories start stripping away our human rights, workers rights and selling off our NHS to the yanks. That should be good.

Finally, when the great unwashed eventually WAKE THE FECK UP, I am looking forward to a landslide YES in the Scottish Independence Referendum to finally escape from these racist, xenophobic, Narnia/Unicorn fools.

:greatpost:

Seymour M Hersh

Well we won't have to pay the £18.6billion (minus the upfront discount of £5.6billion) so £13billion.

Of course they kindly give us back £4billion in grants, subsidies and "investment"  of our own money

but they hang onto the remaining £9billion to spend on themselves. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well we won't have to pay the £18.6billion (minus the upfront discount of £5.6billion) so £13billion.

Of course they kindly give us back £4billion in grants, subsidies and "investment"  of our own money

but they hang onto the remaining £9billion to spend on themselves. 

Ohh does that mean theres a £13Bn saving (A "Brexit Dividend")?

How much will the UK lose by NOT being in the EU?

OK I know, you dont know and either does anyone else on the planet...

Edited by Pans Jambo

On 19/12/2018 at 08:46, Pans Jambo said:

Good start 

Poor finish

?

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ohh does that mean theres a £13Bn saving (A "Brexit Dividend")?

How much will the UK lose by NOT being in the EU?

OK I know, you dont know and either does anyone else on the planet...

Think what you can gain.  If you exit with a deal instead of hiding on the pitch you'll get to put your hands on £37 billion in tax revenues and up to three million jobs.

I know the word "if" is in there, but that's positive, surely?

Surely?