1st game discussed on Kickback

rudeskaboyuk

eddie fenwick
13 hours ago, iainmac said:

I was working in Dublin when I got a call from an unknown number. I answered and Lancastle introduced himself, said he wanted an "honest & frank exchange of information". He was trying to convince me that the Pieman had the best interests of everybody at heart.

I said "Sure. What's your mobile number?" 

"I'm not giving you that" 

.... Click. ? ? 

What a choob! 

ask sandy Thomson about the balloon incident

Must have been around 2003/4 when I joined, not a huge amount has changed in all honesty.

Folk used go overboard about results (win or lose), a % of fans hated the manager (win or lose), at least one player a season was roundly disliked/called a wage thief by a large section of users, hibs tramps tried to infiltrate, posters claimed to be a bigger jambo than the next guy and even when there wasn't a Shed people still asked folk on kickback for stuff/advice/recommendations for everything in their day to day life rather than using google!

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is he no longer a minority shareholder?  

No idea if he is or isn't. Does he not sit next to you at the Shareholder's Dinner? ? 

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Must have been around 2003/4 when I joined, not a huge amount has changed in all honesty.

Folk used go overboard about results (win or lose), a % of fans hated the manager (win or lose), at least one player a season was roundly disliked/called a wage thief by a large section of users, hibs tramps tried to infiltrate, posters claimed to be a bigger jambo than the next guy and even when there wasn't a Shed people still asked folk on kickback for stuff/advice/recommendations for everything in their day to day life rather than using google!

I quite liked that aspect of it, actually. ?

Only just realised because of this thread that it’s my 10th year on Kickback. ___ me, how time flies. 

Spoke recently to the owner of the tech company who I think helped with the upgrades or hosting. He said it’s one of the larger forum based football websites which is why during busy times it can creak slightly? Is that true?

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Scott Wilson confirmed he set it up in late 1995.

i joined around March 96.

I remember when GK was a newbie! :)

It was mostly for those “far from Gorgie” with the odd local feeding us the latest gossip, mainly Neilnunb above.

it only deteriorated when swathes of locals joined! ?

Pretty sure any gossip I had came from Tom Heaney. Why do you think I'm so quiet these days? He always liked to think he was one of the ITKers. ?

I still remember my old ICQ number btw. Wish I could remember my bank card PIN so easily these days ?

Felix Lighter

Joined around 2000, my first user name was Jambo22. I moved house, forgot my log in details so couldn't retrieve my details with a new ISP , I think.

I want my old user name back.:mad:

As mentioned I'm sure there will have been a fair few who have passed away down the years. I remember it being posted that a guy called Sigmund had passed, I didn't know him personally but he seemed like a good bloke and it was sad news to hear.

The link to the London Hearts page is an interesting memory jog, so many recognisable and long forgotten names.

Wasn't stirlingjambo, Richard Gordon? before he buggered off in a huff.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Five to One said:

Only just realised because of this thread that it’s my 10th year on Kickback. ___ me, how time flies. 

Spoke recently to the owner of the tech company who I think helped with the upgrades or hosting. He said it’s one of the larger forum based football websites which is why during busy times it can creak slightly? Is that true?

Nope, it doesn't just creak, it sinks quicker than the titanic ?

Which came first, btw, Kickback or Hibs.net?

I'll assume Hibs.net as they're usually first when it doesn't really matter.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Nope, it doesn't just creak, it sinks quicker than the titanic ?

We adjusted things about a month ago and we haven’t had any serious issues since then. The acid test will likely be the Hibs game on the 29th. ?

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Which came first, btw, Kickback or Hibs.net?

I'll assume Hibs.net as they're usually first when it doesn't really matter.

Hibs.net 

"First to use the Semaphore" 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

We adjusted things about a month ago and we haven’t had any serious issues since then. The acid test will likely be the Hibs game on the 29th. ?

I do jest. 

As a paid member I have no issues, anyway ???

-smug face

Don't worry, after Clare completes the rout with his hatrick, it won't be that busy. 

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I do jest. 

As a paid member I have no issues, anyway ???

-smug face

Don't worry, after Clare completes the rout with his hatrick, it won't be that busy. 

Oh yes please. ?

I can't remember when I first joined, but it was at least KB2 if not the original. 

Had a couple of different user names as well.

I remember some of the names mentioned above as well as a few others. 

Was there not a couple of brothers, Pitt, Tim and maybe Mathew. I also remember a Dabhidh (David) who would often post in Gaelic! 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

Joined around 2000, my first user name was Jambo22. I moved house, forgot my log in details so couldn't retrieve my details with a new ISP , I think.

I want my old user name back.:mad:

As mentioned I'm sure there will have been a fair few who have passed away down the years. I remember it being posted that a guy called Sigmund had passed, I didn't know him personally but he seemed like a good bloke and it was sad news to hear.

The link to the London Hearts page is an interesting memory jog, so many recognisable and long forgotten names.

Wasn't stirlingjambo, Richard Gordon? before he buggered off in a huff.

I think it was 2004 I started posting, and it was through this site that I started travelling with Portobello Hearts Supporters Club. Was living in Portobello at the time but travelled by any means possible to the games at that time. Then someone posted on here to say that PHSC were running a bus down to Hull in 2005 for the friendly match. I got in touch with the poster and have been travelling with the club since then. I think Sigmund was based somewhere in the US of A, and his passing was sad. One person I remember who posted at that time, but who just disappeared after a couple of years had the username David Gillespie. For some reason I remember that his posts always had lots of little cat emojis attached, I think he may have been based in or near Glasgow.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think it was 2004 I started posting, and it was through this site that I started travelling with Portobello Hearts Supporters Club. Was living in Portobello at the time but travelled by any means possible to the games at that time. Then someone posted on here to say that PHSC were running a bus down to Hull in 2005 for the friendly match. I got in touch with the poster and have been travelling with the club since then. I think Sigmund was based somewhere in the US of A, and his passing was sad. One person I remember who posted at that time, but who just disappeared after a couple of years had the username David Gillespie. For some reason I remember that his posts always had lots of little cat emojis attached, I think he may have been based in or near Glasgow.

Sigmund was a Moderator on the old board & when KB1 was closed, me and a few like minded souls signed up to KB2 as Judge, Bruce etc just for a laugh. 

I (as Judge) received a PM from Sigmund saying "I know iainmac and friends have been giving you a hard time but don't worry, if they reappear here I'll ban them"! 

I replied "Cheers! Appreciated mate". ? ? 

RIP Sigmund