4. Kevin Moran 

5. Paul McGrath 

6. Graeme Hogg 

7. Clayton Blackmore 

8. Remi Moses 

9. Frank Stapleton

10. Peter Davenport 

11. Peter Barnes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10125189/Sir-Alex-Fergusons-first-Manchester-United-team-sheet-is-to-go-on-sale-at-auction.html

Wasn't sure what names would come up but I think I might have only guessed one. Maybe.

I guess Fergie did turn that club around. No millionaire row among that bunch.

Pasquale for King

ONLY £18m apparently to get rid of that horrible little man. It will cost much more to replace the duds he inherited and signed. It took him less than an hour to pack his belongings from the hotel he stayed in since he got the job, worked his ticket since the summer.

Since he left Porto he’s always been a chequebook manager and his relationships with players slowly deteriorate over his 2 years at a club. 

He has sold:

Lukaku

De Bruyne

Salah

Mata

Matic

Depay

Bonnuci

Robben

Cuadrado

David Luiz

Filipe Luís

Garay

Yeah, he can spot a player.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Except of course, Mourinho has a cabinet full of trophies from his managerial career, while Levein has diddly squat ?

Away and fek off to .net where the numbskulls will lap up your drivel.

I have a family member who's a Celtic fan (I know...), who is adamant that Rodgers is in contention for the job. I honestly can't believe the delusions from them sometimes.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

I have a family member who's a Celtic fan (I know...), who is adamant that Rodgers is in contention for the job. I honestly can't believe the delusions from them sometimes.

Only a matter of time before some daft hibby says Lennon is in the running too, apparently Celtic should buy Kamberi for £7m in January according to one delusional Hibs *****.

32 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Guy in work today, ‘huge Tim’ (never been to a game) “I’m nervous that they’ll come after Brendan”. I honestly laughed at him all day.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

£22.5m for failure...best job in the world. 

Premier teams get £40M when relegated.

It's cuckoo down there !

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Guy in work today, ‘huge Tim’ (never been to a game) “I’m nervous that they’ll come after Brendan”. I honestly laughed at him all day.

It really is unbelievable how deluded they are. Rodgers, who's team are sitting 3rd in the league with a budget almost unmentionable to that of other teams. The media don't help of course.

21 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

It really is unbelievable how deluded they are. Rodgers, who's team are sitting 3rd in the league with a budget almost unmentionable to that of other teams. The media don't help of course.

Agree but better than Carrick or Giggs who have been mentioned on this thread.

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

£22.5m for failure...best job in the world. 

I wonder if they were to sell Pogba if they’d have lost more in the transfer fee than punting the clown 

letsalldothebeattie

Solskjær an interesting appointment he knows the club and knows what the fans want and gets the United way but my concern is his stint at Cardiff in the Prem was a massive failure. Suppose he’ll have better players this time round. 

1st game up Cardiff away on Saturday 

Was Jose actually trying a leg at Man U?

Turns out that he never bought a place to live in the local area and spent his entire tenure living in a 5-star hotel for £600 a night.

Maybe he was always planning a quick exit.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Was Jose actually trying a leg at Man U?

Turns out that he never bought a place to live in the local area and spent his entire tenure living in a 5-star hotel for £600 a night.

Maybe he was always planning a quick exit.

2 and a half seasons is not a quick exit.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Solskjaer properly confirmed now. 

Properly interim! Without knowing the details it does appear an odd scenario for him tbh. If he does really well has he left a secure job n Norway just to be emptied when the mancs eventually find their big name manager. Sure he'll have a wedge but will his old team take him back ?

14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Properly interim! Without knowing the details it does appear an odd scenario for him tbh. If he does really well has he left a secure job n Norway just to be emptied when the mancs eventually find their big name manager. Sure he'll have a wedge but will his old team take him back ?

Still has his job in Norway. It's a loan. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I have always said that once SAF retires ManU will become the future Aberdeen, 

bwaaahhhhhaaaaa!!!!!

I think all of us liked watching United under Fergie even though, personally anyway I thought Fergie was a bit of a ***** but nobody else could have won league titles with the basic players he had at times. O’Shea, Butt, Darren Fletcher etc there’s quite a few who really shouldn’t have been anywhere near their first team yet he kept winning titles. 

What gets me about them though is their plastic fans from up here and London and all that nonsense so for that reason I’d like to see them toil for maybe 20 years or so. 

:pleasing:

Man Yoo are goosed for a 3 or 4 years now. They stood still while the other elite teams looked ahead and put proper infrastructure in place. 

They're goosed for even longer if they don't fix their problems now as well. Sadly they are such a global brand they will eventually stumble on a solution.

Moaninho was not the problem imo.

10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Man Yoo are goosed for a 3 or 4 years now. They stood still while the other elite teams looked ahead and put proper infrastructure in place. 

They're goosed for even longer if they don't fix their problems now as well. Sadly they are such a global brand they will eventually stumble on a solution.

yep, one big indication of this was both darren fletcher and wayne rooney enrolling their kids in the man city academy as they saw it was the better option

31 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

There is some sign of change.  

They are looking at Paul Mitchell to take on the new role of Director of Football. Mitchell, currently at Leipzig was with Pochettino at Southampton and Tottenham. Which is also a heavy hint to their next manager. 

Moving on from the total control and legacy of old fashioned structures Alex Ferguson had has taken them a long time. 

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There is some sign of change.  

They are looking at Paul Mitchell to take on the new role of Director of Football. Mitchell, currently at Leipzig was with Pochettino at Southampton and Tottenham. Which is also a heavy hint to their next manager. 

Moving on from the total control and legacy of old fashioned structures Alex Ferguson had has taken them a long time. 

In my worthless opinion Potch is about the only one I can see them going for tbh. Big contract to buy out but I think they’ve fancied him for a while. 

Thing about these clubs is they have not only great expectations but a style of play.

Ive never supported an English team but I always enjoyed watching Ferguson’s Utd in their pomp, 4-4-2, rarely ever changed, they were fast and direct and outscored the opposition. 

Mourinho’s brand of ultra negative boring defensive football was never going to be a hit.

I actually think Solskjaer will be a hit at Man Utd. He understands the club, the way Ferguson played, how important it is to entertain and win. It doesn’t have to be a ‘big name’ appointment. 

Pochettino would seem the logical choice to persue. 

Moved onto bigger things at Spurs after Southampton,  and while not winning anything as yet, it’s clear how much he’s hugely improved Spurs. 

He has alot of experience in the EPL and he’s now managed them to some impressive results in the Champions League in the last couple of years.  

He’s also started to get Spurs winning more games against close rivals they used to toil against. 

No brainer for Man Utd. 

Edited by Debut 4

Pheasant Plucker

This is why Hearts will never win the league, the so called "fans" who are more interested in discussing the goings on of some EPL team 300 miles away on our own club forum, are the same ones who will decry edinburgh folk who support Rangers or Celtic ! Narrow minded to say the least - WGAF?

30 minutes ago, Pheasant Plucker said:

This is why Hearts will never win the league, the so called "fans" who are more interested in discussing the goings on of some EPL team 300 miles away on our own club forum, are the same ones who will decry edinburgh folk who support Rangers or Celtic ! Narrow minded to say the least - WGAF?

I go to every game, invest through FoH and donated season tickets. I shout and sing for the club and stay to the end of games. 

Not sure if following football is taking me away from that. Following this sort of story, posting on JKB, watching some games on TV in pub, going to Edinburgh City games when I can, following everything about Leeds United including every game on streams.

Any advice appreciated being open minded. 

Edited by Mikey1874

28 minutes ago, Pheasant Plucker said:

So tell me how negative posting on Hearts on JKB is helping the club. 

Pheasant Plucker
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I go to every game, invest through FoH and donated season tickets. I shout and sing for the club and stay to the end of games. 

Not sure if following football is taking me away from that. Following this sort of story, posting on JKB, watching some games on TV in pub, going to Edinburgh City games when I can, following everything about Leeds United including every game on streams.

Any advice appreciated being open minded. 

Dont take it personally bud, but if you'd rather put money into an English team, thats your perogative. You cant complain about Hearts though if you havent given everything you can like myself and a lot of other true fans. Staying and singing doesnt count as much as cold hard cash in this day and age - Thats the facts Im afraid.

41 minutes ago, Pheasant Plucker said:

2 minutes ago, Pheasant Plucker said:

Dont take it personally bud, but if you'd rather put money into an English team, thats your perogative. You cant complain about Hearts though if you havent given everything you can like myself and a lot of other true fans. Staying and singing doesnt count as much as cold hard cash in this day and age - Thats the facts Im afraid.

You said discussing not putting in money. Just Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen etc get my money. And Edinburgh City. 

Fair enough if you didn't mean that.