• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pheasant Plucker

• Seymour M Hersh

• Unknown user

NaturalOrder74

Love seeing them struggle, don’t even think zidane could close the gap on Liverpool / Man City. 

Im sure I read somewhere their wages are the highest in the league as well, get it up them

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The similarities between Mourinho and Levein are........

What a rocket ramjet of a post. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

£22.5m pay off - WT actual F???

Not bad work. 

He could buy us, manage us and win us the league with that. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

The guys lost the plot. Everywhere he goes he leaves a mess. Peps been getting under his skin since the Madrid barca days. But he'll walk into an other massive job do OK after spending millions then leave it in a mess again while he gets his pay out. Hes kens how to work the system.

42 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Rafa Benitez.

Heard it here first.

No chance, rafas and jose style is similar, far too defensive for ManU liking. Rafa would be far more classy in his interviews tho.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Hearts fans giving a **** about Man Utd ?

It's not like we don't have any problems ourselves.

Aye we should devote our lives to whinging about Levein and not care about anything else. 

12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Massive shift in betting to laurent Blanc.

To give profits to betting companies. Today is a good day for them. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Would be a brave move and lots of Man Utd fans would revolt but Liverpool legend and Scottish manager of the year Stevie Gerrard has to be in the running. :liesalarm:

Tynecastlesmychurch

As probably one of the very few fans left of Jose Mourinho I feel bad for him. Just hasn't looked happy all season and tbh most of last season. Hope he's not dealing with depression or anything like that. I remember seeing him earlier this season and he just looked a broken man. I think he needs to take a year or two away from football to recharge his battery's maybe look to adapt his methods somewhat. Could see him going back to Milan in a year or so. It's possible maybe even Real Madrid. Don't think he'll ever take another english club. 

5 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

As probably one of the very few fans left of Jose Mourinho I feel bad for him. Just hasn't looked happy all season and tbh most of last season. Hope he's not dealing with depression or anything like that. I remember seeing him earlier this season and he just looked a broken man. I think he needs to take a year or two away from football to recharge his battery's maybe look to adapt his methods somewhat. Could see him going back to Milan in a year or so. It's possible maybe even Real Madrid. Don't think he'll ever take another english club. 

Portugal national team if there is a vacancy might help recharge the batteries. 

SectionDJambo

History repeating itself at Manchester United. Couldn’t replace, successfully, Busby for years.

Can’t replace Ferguson.

Manchester United fans have a misplaced belief that they should always be winning trophies, when they have really only had 2 successful managers, that I can think of.

To a much lesser extent, Aberdeen are the same. One successful spell under Ferguson, and they think it should always be like that.

Personally I think Antonio Conte would be a good fit. He has a winning record, plays attacking football and Man United's squad would probably suit a 3-4-3.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Win win for José.  £24m in the bank and this time next week the world will celebrate his birth.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

It seems he has been sacked for a series of failings and 2 points arise from that

1. Does this include any sort of misconduct eg he has been shouting in the press about what new players/money he needed which puts the club in an awkward position, effectively blaming them for lack of success?

2. Did he sign a contract with certain criteria which has not been met?

Why I ask is that£24m, although a drop in the ocean for Man U, is still a lot of money for a club to have contracted for without some sort of safety net.

36 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Milan would be good for him.

Think Rino, legend that he is, is on borrowed time.

58 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Would be a brave move and lots of Man Utd fans would revolt but Liverpool legend and Scottish manager of the year Stevie Gerrard has to be in the running. :liesalarm:

Okay, I'll bite.

More chance of Huddersfield winning the league than United fans accepting the scouse loser.

Delighted to see the Miserable One gone, can maybe start enjoying the games for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Win win for José.  £24m in the bank and this time next week the world will celebrate his birth.

I think he has been working his ticket for months now lol.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Non existent. 

Except of course, Mourinho has a cabinet full of trophies from his managerial career, while Levein has diddly squat ?

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Their income was about 750 million last year, they'll be ok!

Interesting to see what happens next, they have the worst signing policy for managers and players given their money

Woodward should also be going

been here before
2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

What a rocket ramjet of a post. 

Roger, Roger Ramjet

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quickly deleted but out there. Just confirming what everyone knows.  

IMG_20181218_104855.jpg

"Whatchya talkin' 'bout Willis?"

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Barb said:

Okay, I'll bite.

More chance of Huddersfield winning the league than United fans accepting the scouse loser.

Delighted to see the Miserable One gone, can maybe start enjoying the games for the rest of the season.

Utd haven't been the same since Fergie left. All they can do now to appease is bring in a big name.

Unfortunately that hasn't worked so far. Might be time to clean house and bring in another Fergie type manager.

But who? Instant gratification is what they'll demand. The problem is that some players are now bigger than the manager. I don't even remember who was at Utd when Fergie first arrived. Did he clean house right away?

Shanks said no
14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Utd haven't been the same since Fergie left. All they can do now to appease is bring in a big name.

Unfortunately that hasn't worked so far. Might be time to clean house and bring in another Fergie type manager.

But who? Instant gratification is what they'll demand. The problem is that some players are now bigger than the manager. I don't even remember who was at Utd when Fergie first arrived. Did he clean house right away?

The starting XI was: 

1. Chris Turner 

2. Mike Duxbury 

3. Arthur Albiston 

4. Kevin Moran 

5. Paul McGrath 

6. Graeme Hogg 

7. Clayton Blackmore 

8. Remi Moses 

9. Frank Stapleton

10. Peter Davenport 

11. Peter Barnes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10125189/Sir-Alex-Fergusons-first-Manchester-United-team-sheet-is-to-go-on-sale-at-auction.html

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The starting XI was: 

1. Chris Turner 

2. Mike Duxbury 

3. Arthur Albiston 

4. Kevin Moran 

5. Paul McGrath 

6. Graeme Hogg 

7. Clayton Blackmore 

8. Remi Moses 

9. Frank Stapleton

10. Peter Davenport 

11. Peter Barnes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10125189/Sir-Alex-Fergusons-first-Manchester-United-team-sheet-is-to-go-on-sale-at-auction.html

This was when Hoggy's jaw was still attached of course

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Personally I think Antonio Conte would be a good fit. He has a winning record, plays attacking football and Man United's squad would probably suit a 3-4-3.

i think he'd be a bold choice and a good one, Conte gets results and can with any squad, and the board do have the guts to make that happen. That's one of the positives, I think they'll get it right and wont fall for fan pressure, I think Zidane is soft and would not be a good choice for Man Utd. Mourinho has been too in my opinion, yes he's criticised some players, but they're still there playing every week.

On Pogba, I think this move shows Man Utd's board arent taking any **** anymore and he'll be gone too, he might hurt them but who cares to be honest, terrible professional.

36 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

what did he say to Craig ?

Yep that's the one. I knew he'd been at Man U before he came to us but I didn't know he was in fergie's first line up

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

i think he'd be a bold choice and a good one, Conte gets results and can with any squad, and the board do have the guts to make that happen. That's one of the positives, I think they'll get it right and wont fall for fan pressure, I think Zidane is soft and would not be a good choice for Man Utd. Mourinho has been too in my opinion, yes he's criticised some players, but they're still there playing every week.

On Pogba, I think this move shows Man Utd's board arent taking any **** anymore and he'll be gone too, he might hurt them but who cares to be honest, terrible professional.

Conte would keep up their record of sloppy seconds from Chelsea.

Mourinho,Matic and Mata.?