Foundation Strip v Aberdeen

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Players should be made to wear the foundation strip this saturday v Aberdeen. 

Just to give them a gentle reminder how much it means to so many for them to have the privilege of wearing our famous badge. 

11 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Just to give them a gentle reminder how much it means to so many for them to have the privilege of wearing our famous badge. 

They should be made to pay the fans back. Not one deserved their wages. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Er no. I would rather not see that abomination of a strip ever again.

29 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

That should sort out our problems.

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Edgy

Liked the FoH strip.

Would like to see an updated version.

I don’t think it does any harm to send a reminder to the non Hearts public, the media (and the players) that there’s a lot of people backing our club. 

We we do a lot of positive stuff and the more often we get this activity in the public it will help the club with. sponsorships etc.

All roads lead to Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

After that result I would rather not see that abomination of a team ever again. :sad3:

GorgieRules22

I’m sure the players know that Friday  was just unacceptable. Pure and simple we need a reaction on Saturday up at Aberdeen. They need to roll up the sleeves and fight for every ball....just do what’s expected really.

Im beginning to have my doubts tho because I can see him starting Clare and for me we’re a man down straight away if he does.

Walter Bishop
20 minutes ago, Chaps said:

That should sort out our problems.

For obvious reasons the team couldnt where it.

Sort our problems,no. But it would remind all the bottlers that chucked it on Friday night how lucky they are to be wearing the Heart of Midlothian jersey. 

40 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Are u getting it mixed up with the one that had the huge FOH heart on the front? 

The one with all the names on it is rather nice TBH.

12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m sure the players know that Friday  was just unacceptable. Pure and simple we need a reaction on Saturday up at Aberdeen. They need to roll up the sleeves and fight for every ball....just do what’s expected really.

Im beginning to have my doubts tho because I can see him starting Clare and for me we’re a man down straight away if he does.

I thought two weeks ago that the management had to look at their squad and decide who could fight our way back to form. 

Tough job, I know.  

But cobble together a side that is prepared to do the graft. We want to see better football but we’ve stopped doing the basics just now. 

10 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

For obvious reasons the team couldnt where it.

Sort our problems,no. But it would remind all the bottlers that chucked it on Friday night how lucky they are to be wearing the Heart of Midlothian jersey. 

Would we make the manager wearit as well after all hes the one that brought all the players in .

It's his team he's as much to blame as the players

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

They should be made to play in their pants and vests...

I'll add one more to that petition. 

Aberdeen on the 21st December eh. What a gig following a humiliating defeat 

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll add one more to that petition. 

Aberdeen on the 21st December eh. What a gig following a humiliating defeat 

Games on the 22nd.

Not the best result for us against Livi as no doubt you guys will be fired up to make amends.

Livi are tough at home, the game changed with the penalty and the sending off.

I don;t think 5-0 was a true reflection of the game, but as I said, it shoud fire you up for Saturday.

I doubt very much if the strip on their back would make a blind bit of difference.

The type of folk who chuck it in the way they did on Friday aren't the type of folk who will be spurred on by a piece of fabric, regardless of what its stands for.

Actually, is there anywhere I can buy this strip. Never managed to get it when it was released and have been looking recently but it’s not being sold now. 

My name is in a pretty prominent position on the front too. 

Kit won’t be worn again in an official match

purely as it’s made by Puma and we are with Umbro and would be breaching contract 

sorry to be the boring one 

Any player who still doesn’t realise how unacceptable Friday was (if they didn’t realise in the first place), or need to wear a special top to do so, should be shipped out immediately. 

I very much hope their isn’t one, and very much doubt it.   They need to show it through, if not with a result, with effort and commitment. 

3 hours ago, BM1874 said:

purely as it’s made by Puma and we are with Umbro and would be breaching contract 

Not boring, just logical.

Broxburn Jambo
On 17/12/2018 at 12:47, IveSeenTheLight said:

Games on the 22nd.

Not the best result for us against Livi as no doubt you guys will be fired up to make amends.

Livi are tough at home, the game changed with the penalty and the sending off.

I don;t think 5-0 was a true reflection of the game, but as I said, it shoud fire you up for Saturday.

Condecending Pr*ck

A_A wehatethehibs

Who cares what kit they wear, what matters is the performance.

A professional display is what’s needed not an emotional one. A point vs Aberdeen would be brilliant with the form we are in so we need to take our time, keep the concentration and keep the heids.

No early goal, no red cards, no silly penalties, no silly goals conceded from set pieces. Do the professional things right and we can give ourselves a chance of getting a result. 

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Have we ever won a game in that strip?

Have we won a game in any away strip since the Championship season? ;) 

Joking aside I can't remember a win in the FOH 3rd kit and we definitely never won in the Rosebery away kit either. Although we hardly even wore the FOH one in games.

On another note why do we even have an away kit this season? We have only worn it against Dundee and Raith  (the white and grey one) we keep wearing last seasons 3rd kit. Odd one IMO. And don't get me started on the black goalkeeper kit ;) 

7 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Have we won a game in any away strip since the Championship season? ;) 

Joking aside I can't remember a win in the FOH 3rd kit and we definitely never won in the Rosebery away kit either. Although we hardly even wore the FOH one in games.

On another note why do we even have an away kit this season? We have only worn it against Dundee and Raith  (the white and grey one) we keep wearing last seasons 3rd kit. Odd one IMO. And don't get me started on the black goalkeeper kit ;) 

You would think you were obsessed with football tops. ?

On 17/12/2018 at 10:49, rubyruby said:

Are u getting it mixed up with the one that had the huge FOH heart on the front? 

I agree. Also love the 3rd kit.

7 hours ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Actually, is there anywhere I can buy this strip. Never managed to get it when it was released and have been looking recently but it’s not being sold now. 

My name is in a pretty prominent position on the front too. 

Every so often they have a huge sale of old stuff.This year they had it in the main stand.I got one for a fiver.in a bigger size than the one I got originally.They also had the roseberry for a fiver too.

14 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Every so often they have a huge sale of old stuff.This year they had it in the main stand.I got one for a fiver.in a bigger size than the one I got originally.They also had the roseberry for a fiver too.

Thanks. I sporadically check online at the club store every now and again but not had any luck. 

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Condecending Pr*ck

‘Not at all.

Motherwell we’re humped 7-1 by SevCo and then the following game humped us 3-0

Teams who suffer a heavy defeat usually come out fighting the next game.

I expect you guys to make it very tough on Saturday.

They should have the hearts badge stapled to their bare chest as a reminder of the pain and suffering they've caused us. 

10 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Jesus christ it was a terrible game but give it a rest. Shit happens. Move on.

We can't move on until it happens again, then we can have another right "told you so" moan again.

On 17/12/2018 at 10:49, rubyruby said:

Agreed - I liked that as a strip - have worn it to matches subsequently on occasions.

Bazzas right boot

If it's the strips that make a difference I want us to be in a realbarcachucknorrishulk Utd strip. 

If not, I'm not going to worry about it. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

21 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Your not being boring your just stating fact, can't believe anyone would still think we could wear a kit that is from a different manufacturer than our current one.