AGM Week

Footballfirst

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s not what she said. 

A didn't get up for AGM because wee man's school play ! Was anything confirmed about completing work on new stand Dave?

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's ridiculous, Dave, because no one...not even Ann Budge...could tell where we would be at the business end of this season. If we were vying for the League and the last Cat A game was in huge demand, would AB say " sorry, deal was done at the start of the season ", really ?

Ridiculous is an apt word to use.

So we should have left thousands of seats empty for at least three games, just on the off chance that we'd be vying for the league when our last home Cat A game of the season came round? How many times in the last quarter of a century has that happened? 

The bit in bold is correct, but only to describe your post!

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

How the **** was it ridiculous to decide to give celtic and rangers the whole school end?????

I think it was "ridiculous" to agree to give the OF the whole stand before a ball was kicked - and seemingly this agreement cannot be changed.

So let's just say we had not had all these terrible injuries and we were still flying at the top of the league.  It all comes down to a title decider against Celtic at Tynecastle after the split - now that would be a game all Hearts would want to see - but instead of giving Celtic minimal tickets, we give them the whole stand because that was what was agreed 9 months before!!

Footballfirst
49 minutes ago, graygo said:

But then where would that best part of £2m have come from then?

From the normal sources of match day income, broadcasting, retail, sponsorship etc. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the normal sources of match day income, broadcasting, retail, sponsorship etc. 

Seems to have been pretty calm AGM from the floor?

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think it was "ridiculous" to agree to give the OF the whole stand before a ball was kicked - and seemingly this agreement cannot be changed.

So let's just say we had not had all these terrible injuries and we were still flying at the top of the league.  It all comes down to a title decider against Celtic at Tynecastle after the split - now that would be a game all Hearts would want to see - but instead of giving Celtic minimal tickets, we give them the whole stand because that was what was agreed 9 months before!!

I got the impression at the AGM that it was ‘normal’ to agree these things at the beginning of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That's exactly what I was alluding to. Farmer ?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I got the impression at the AGM that it was ‘normal’ to agree these things at the beginning of the season. 

Is it?  Takes away all flexibility with regards to ticket demand dependant on how a team are performing.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Is it?  Takes away all flexibility with regards to ticket demand dependant on how a team are performing.

Didn't the hobos reduce rangers fans tickets for 2nd home game against them last season?

Don’t understand the clamour for restricting the OF allocation. Rather milk the extra cash and be able to invest in putting a team on the park which can compete when they visit. We’ve shown we can beat Celtic when they occupy the Roseburn. Unless this is due to unhappy Roseburn ST holders who miss out on the category A games? Maybe purchase a ST elsewhere in the ground? 

The reality is is we can’t fill the stadium unless we’re well and truly flying and even then, due to other commitments, fans can’t always make games. 

All seems a bit back to front. We need to increase ticket demand somehow via advertising, incentives, sponsorship, putting a winning team on the park etc.

Thought all the empty seats at ER at the weekend was a bit embarrassing for Hibs tbh.

5 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Don’t understand the clamour for restricting the OF allocation. Rather milk the extra cash and be able to invest in putting a team on the park which can compete when they visit. We’ve shown we can beat Celtic when they occupy the Roseburn. Unless this is due to unhappy Roseburn ST holders who miss out on the category A games? Maybe purchase a ST elsewhere in the ground? 

The reality is is we can’t fill the stadium unless we’re well and truly flying and even then, due to other commitments, fans can’t always make games. 

All seems a bit back to front. We need to increase ticket demand somehow via advertising, incentives, sponsorship, putting a winning team on the park etc.

Thought all the empty seats at ER at the weekend was a bit embarrassing for Hibs tbh.

The point is, by agreeing to give the OF the whole stand before the season starts, you take away your flexibility with regards to ticket allocation to Hearts fans in the event that the team IS truly flying.

Edited by Thomaso

3 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Exactly. There’s no reason to think it’ll make any significant difference to us other than reducing our income. At this point, while there’s no massive demand from our side, it just reeks of daft pettiness. And yes, hibs did look awful silly. (As usual.)

Just now, redm said:

Exactly. There’s no reason to think it’ll make any significant difference to us other than reducing our income. At this point, while there’s no massive demand from our side, it just reeks of daft pettiness. And yes, hibs did look awful silly. (As usual.)

Another one missing the point!

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Didn't the hobos reduce rangers fans tickets for 2nd home game against them last season?

Yes. Also I find it remarkable considering the shitty allocation they give us that she agreed to give them the whole end. 

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It does indeed but that seems to be the model. 

Just now, Thomaso said:

The point is, by agreeing to give the OF the whole stand before the season starts, you take away your flexibility with regards to ticket allocation to Hearts fans.

I’m no finance guru but even I know that when you’re spending a huge amount of money (and dealing with borrowing) you shore up and guarantee as much of your income as you possibly can. We’re not yet in a position to take risks. 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Celtic only decided to restrict the huns after the season started because they done it first.  That’s a bullshit excuse and not in the rules at all. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

What is the point that I’m missing?

Try reading my recent posts.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Not at all embarrassing. Well done them, got the result to go with it too. Them having the full Roseburn makes most experiences of them visiting horrible. Nothing more demoralising than the recent Rangers game. 

It's all about balance sheets. Honestly a bit bored of Hearts right now. I can't even be bothered moaning on here about our result on Friday. Just felt indifferent about it tbh. 

On 17/12/2018 at 14:13, graygo said:

All clubs sign players that you class as wasting money.

ps, Clare and Wighton need time, they were not planned for the first team just yet but injuries have forced it.

Fair enough but could cochrane not play for clare and macdonald for Wighton  Good footy players adapt 

2 minutes ago, redm said:

Sorry, Red, daft would be if there became a demand during the season which couldn't be met because of inflexible terms drawn up at the start of the season....if that is, indeed, is what's in place.

2 minutes ago, redm said:

I’m no finance guru but even I know that when you’re spending a huge amount of money (and dealing with borrowing) you shore up and guarantee as much of your income as you possibly can. We’re not yet in a position to take risks. 

Was it a real risk to guarantee the OF two sections, and tell them more may be available closer to the date??

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Not at all embarrassing. Well done them, got the result to go with it too. Them having the full Roseburn makes most experiences of them visiting horrible. Nothing more demoralising than the recent Rangers game. 

It's all about balance sheets. Honestly a bit bored of Hearts right now. I can't even be bothered moaning on here about our result on Friday. Just felt indifferent about it tbh. 

Nailed.  Celtic and Rangers in the whole of the Roseburn makes it a less enjoyable matchday experience for the hearts support.  We might lose some money short term but I’m confident long term would be beneficial. 

Whats more important to the owner, a slight loss in revenue or an enjoyable experience for the support who are about to own their own club in a couple years? 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Was it a real risk to guarantee the OF two sections, and tell them more may be available closer to the date??

Exactly they aren’t exactly going to say ram it when their support would go mental. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nope. 

Vanecek joining on 5th Jan and go to Spain for training camp. 

Cochrane got an ankle injury yesterday. Was due to come off on 60th minute and got injured on the 59th....

Expects all players to be fit for resumption after winter break.

I'm surprsied but pleased that Vanacek is in fact heading for the training camp in Spain because I had previously read that he was not going but looking for a property in Edinburgh and CL had said he would rather he stettled in to lfe in Edinburgh.

Proabaly read it in the Evening News and we know how accurate they are.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Sorry, Red, daft would be if there became a demand during the season which couldn't be met because of inflexible terms drawn up at the start of the season....if that is, indeed, is what's in place.

I doubt these agreements are new though, in whatever form they take. Maybe if demand picks up they’ll put a different sort of agreement in place next season. We’re spending a lot of money, I can absolutely understand why it’s not a financial risk we were interested in last summer. There would also be absolutely no reason to think we’d need it - we have reduced their allocation in a long time, nor have we had fans regularly clamouring to sell out OF games even with them having a full allocation. 

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Got to agree with Thomaso, why commit for the whole season, why not game by game basis

It's common sense, Clerry.

Aye, they've got to make business decisions but ones that don't allow any flexibility ? I hope we've got this wrong here.

Edited by Boab

5 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Fair enough but could cochrane not play for clare and macdonald for Wighton  Good footy players adapt 

It doesn’t need to be because we are mystery beneficiaries and instead of concentrating on getting the money spunked on loads of heaps of shit in the last few years the club would rather concentrate on opening up the whole away stand for the weegie boaby.  

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Exactly they aren’t exactly going to say ram it when their support would go mental. 

Of course they wouldn't. There is a huge demand for away tickets from OF fans.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Your last paragraph makes this "business decision" sound more and more sensible.

Better to GUARANTEE income, rather than rely on the whim of fickle supporters

haveyouheard 22

I think many Hearts fans are put off with the thought of a whole Roseburn full of bile and stay away..I'd offer a Roseburn special for the OF games with vastly reduced prices for Hearts fans who take it up..Maybe a pipe dream but  hay ho 

1 minute ago, redm said:

I doubt these agreements are new though, in whatever form they take. Maybe if demand picks up they’ll put a different sort of agreement in place next season. We’re spending a lot of money, I can absolutely understand why it’s not a financial risk we were interested in last summer. There would also be absolutely no reason to think we’d need it - we have reduced their allocation in a long time, nor have we had fans regularly clamouring to sell out OF games even with them having a full allocation. 

Im pretty sure the old firm wouldn’t complain in the instance of hibs if they let them have the whole stands next matches they play (providing they are top six) and Celtic only decided during the season to restrict rangers and it’s been debated both should be reversed later on in the season.  Why would we have a cast iron agreement to give them our stand while Hayley Cropper is telling them to bolt? 

1 minute ago, redm said:

I think we would all love to be in a position to put that to the test come the business end of the season, Red.

Realism would say it probably won't....is that ok then ?

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Your last paragraph makes this "business decision" sound more and more sensible.

Did anyone ask if we would lose as much money taking the risk than we are paying Edwards’ and Danny Aka’s wages because they where complete and utter shambolic decisions.

If not would the old firm boaby pay the development fee due to Sheffield Weds for the new Mickey Cameron? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Regardless, there is absolutely no point in having an agreement in place. It could only hinder us however unlikely that may be. What purpose would there have been to make such an agreement? Why would you waste your time agreeing to something that had no logical point? 

Need more details and humble apologies if I misread but we are “investing” the potential salaries of one or two first team players into the ladies football team?

Why?

Should be set up as a separate entity and become self funding, based on gate receipts and sponsorship etc. 

Oh, and she needs to give up on hammering Section N. It will be there long after Ann has moved on. 

The point about section N closing because of some fans sectarian and racist behaviour might happen because she can do this even  midway through the season .

But she cant close of some sections of the Roseburn  when the old firm are in town or Hibs /Aberdeen when they cause bother due to a agreement at the start of the season. ( is it ok to for them to do this because we could lose some money)

Sexton Hardcastle

Right on queue the twitter hertz boys giving it the ‘am cancelling my direct debit’ ‘I’ll no be back’

****ing good you parasites.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Need more details and humble apologies if I misread but we are “investing” the potential salaries of one or two first team players into the ladies football team?

Why?

Should be set up as a separate entity and become self funding, based on gate receipts and sponsorship etc. 

Oh, and she needs to give up on hammering Section N. It will be there long after Ann has moved on. 

That's like asking why are we not still living in mud huts. The world has moved on and women's football is a growing concern. 

The threatening to close Section N seems a bit of a hammer to crack a nut.  As an FoH contributor, I didn't agree to making funding for a new stand available in order to increase income only for a full section to be closed down because of the behaviour of a minority.  If the club is serious about addressing the problem - and it should be - then put in the resource steward-wise to do something, rather than punishing the majority of fans who cause no issues at all.

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Right on queue the twitter hertz boys giving it the ‘am cancelling my direct debit’ ‘I’ll no be back’

****ing good you parasites.

Amen to that.  The sooner they disappear from our club the better

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think we would all love to be in a position to put that to the test come the business end of the season, Red.

Realism would say it probably won't....is that ok then ?

Sure, but I’m not clear on why we’d expect people to snap up extra tickets in the Roseburn when they aren’t rushing to get the ones elsewhere in the ground. I’m not trying to be difficult, it’s just that I can clearly see the disadvantages to reducing their allocation but the advantages are much less tangible. What are the actual benefits other than having to look at slightly fewer of their gurning faces?

13 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I think many Hearts fans are put off with the thought of a whole Roseburn full of bile and stay away..I'd offer a Roseburn special for the OF games with vastly reduced prices for Hearts fans who take it up..Maybe a pipe dream but  hay ho 

Totally agree and I stay away or offer my ST to friends