AGM Week

Footballfirst

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Hard to believe that the moron that threw the coin hasn't been found yet but at least the national scrutiny continued with the coin that struck the Salzburg player at Celtic Park. ?

How sure are you thar it came from Premium seats. I had assumed it came from the lower section next to the press. Of course it could have been one of the directors. ?

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

What's the company name so I can have a good forensic gander ?

I'd also suggest you could enhance your profits by spending less time on here

:naughty:

14 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Does that mean you agree?

No. It means it's extremely rich coming from you.  A poster who asks millions of questions where a 5 second Google search would give you the answers.  No idea how you haven't been punted yet.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats no different to Rangers and Celtic fans sing this so why shouldn’t we. We can’t use a defence of Celtic fans threw a coin at a Salzburg player so its ok for us to ignore what happened at Tynecastle. If media ignore its not right but unfortunately that injustice isnt a defence. 

Its psrhetic but if we said to them here yoir fans threw a coin at a Salzburg players their response. Your fan threw a coin at Lennon. Its all just deflection. If we take responsibility for our own fans then it sets a precedent from where we can try and make a stance. 

We should rightly take responsibility for our own fans but we can't ignore the behaviour of others in our own stadium. 

If the Lennon incident & its nation level of scrutiny is being used as the trigger for closing Section N, it's an overreaction. 

I was using the Salzburg incident purely to highlight the hypocrisy in our media, who barely raised an eyebrow when a coin was thrown. There was no national level of scrutiny but that doesn't excuse the behaviour. They do it at Tynecastle too. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How sure are you thar it came from Premium seats. I had assumed it came from the lower section next to the press. Of course it could have been one of the directors. ?

It didn't come from the PR seats, I'm in the 1st row of paying customers, in front of me is family and friends and Freebies. Then its the Press behind a couple of rows of seats for away staff, then the dugout. 

You'd need a decent Catapult and Olympic trained accuracy to hit anyone in the dugout from the Premium seats.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Probably why there is no appetite to close that section. ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

No. It means it's extremely rich coming from you.  A poster who asks millions of questions where a 5 second Google search would give you the answers.  No idea how you haven't been punted yet.

He would just create another account.  At least this way he's just a running joke we can take the piss out of.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It didn't come from the PR seats, I'm in the 1st row of paying customers, in front of me is family and friends and Freebies. Then its the Press behind a couple of rows of seats for away staff, then the dugout. 

You'd need a decent Catapult and Olympic trained accuracy to hit anyone in the dugout from the Premium seats.

Fair enough. As I said, I sit on the other side of the stadium. 

It didn't come from Section N though? 

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Fair enough. As I said, I sit on the other side of the stadium. 

It didn't come from Section N though? 

It could have been a Sectioned N'er.  ??

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Countless people stand all over the UK every weekend and the recent North London derby the whole stadium stood. I think you're just a bit of a miserable Richard tbh. No offence. "Standing in steep stands." You tell me the last time someone has fallen from their section while standing watching a game. I'll bet there's more chance of me dying from heat stroke in Fife today. So give up with the disingenuous crap.

That or you're trolling. People will stand while Budge is here and long after. Whether you like it or not so you're just going to have to deal with it  We need to get rid of the nasty people that are racist and throw objects,  no argument there.

I couldn’t care less if you stand, just don’t block my view. I was merely echoing what the club has said about the stands, everyone else does it so it’s ok is the very point those who stand can make. Either stop it in all the stands or the club looks daft. 

I think there’s enough support for a standing section, maybe you guys should start a campaign if and when section closes and you’re spread across the stadium.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

The right I have to question you is that we’re on a forum discussing this topic. 

Has the club stated it wants to end fans swearing at the games? This would be an utterly ridiculous request. 

Of course doing any of things you suggest is wrong. Those type of comments don’t help move the debate on. 

So I have that right too then eh? Scot Wilson asks fans not to use foul or abusive language at every home game, you’d think you would hear that seeing as your closer to the speakers ??.

Footballfirst
32 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just catching up with all of this FF so as you also stated in another post that spending on the redevelopment programme was £20.7m up to 30th November am I correct in adding on all of the above further spending to make the new total for the project £24.2m? The last figure I was aware of for the project was £18m. Apologies if this has been covered on previous pages and I've missed it. 

That was my interpretation but, as was pointed out at the AGM, the scope of the Tynecastle Redevelopment Project (TRP) has been extended well beyond what was envisaged in the original plans. For that reason it is increasingly difficult to estimate the true scale of the overspend.

Some of the spend e.g. on new plant room or boiler upgrades/replacement, may well have happened in any event, but has been lumped in with the TRP, rather than incurred as individual capital expenditure projects..

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Of course not , I have no issue with that and in fact do agree we should target all. However the reality is its very difficult for us to control who opposition teams sell their tickets too all we can do is ask or suggest they give them instructions. Unless we say no away fans if they can’t behave. How financially sound that would be I don’t know. 

As above with my reply to Geoffs very fair point. I agree but our options with away support are limited somewhat. We can directly control our fans behaviour and act on it. 

As I said we can get there names and addresses, sell them the tickets ourselves as we’ve done in the past, and warn them to behave or they’re barred. Do it constantly until it stops or they stop buying tickets, their choice. 

There seem to be few different issues concerning people so hopefully those that are FoH members will get along to the AGM tonight to raise them. 

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That was my interpretation but, as was pointed out at the AGM, the scope of the Tynecastle Redevelopment Project (TRP) has been extended well beyond what was envisaged in the original plans. For that reason it is increasingly difficult to estimate the true scale of the overspend.

Some of the spend e.g. on new plant room or boiler upgrades/replacement, may well have happened in any event, but has been lumped in with the TRP, rather than incurred as individual capital expenditure projects..

I wonder if we will ever get a breakdown of the costs but the bottom line is that when we get fan ownership the club will be handed over with this huge redevelopment programme complete and paid for, and once the spending is finished there will be a significant amount of cash to hopefully direct to the team.

44 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He would just create another account.  At least this way he's just a running joke we can take the piss out of.

Indeed mate.  In fact I'm starting to wonder if said poster use to visit Guildford.

Francis Albert

I am in the new stand and can see what some of the£24 m and counting is being spent on. Can others in the other three stands explain what the major redevelopment there has added to their matchday experience?

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Countless people stand all over the UK every weekend and the recent North London derby the whole stadium stood. I think you're just a bit of a miserable Richard tbh. No offence. "Standing in steep stands." You tell me the last time someone has fallen from their section while standing watching a game. I'll bet there's more chance of me dying from heat stroke in Fife today. So give up with the disingenuous crap.

That or you're trolling. People will stand while Budge is here and long after. Whether you like it or not so you're just going to have to deal with it  We need to get rid of the nasty people that are racist and throw objects,  no argument there.

Surprised re your North London derby comments. Wasn’t at this years game but have been at most NL derbies at Emirates over the last 10 years or so and havent seen lots of standing. Away fans, yes, but not many home fans standing. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

The focus of the incidents and misbehaviour is there though. Hibs was like a game of badminton with stuff going from our fans to theirs from G (allegedly) and N (my mate was in N but i wasn’t at the game so have to go by his opinion) The coin that struck Lennon just brought everything into a national level of scrutiny , the police will have the opinion N and G are the areas of the home fans that need sorted out by the club and therefore we have to act towards them. If the people who wish to flout the clubs requests continue to do so they are ruining it for themselves and others unfortunately. Thats how it has to be if they just behaved for a month or more likely to the end of the season so they might get the club saying this has been sorted so we will therefore look at inplementing safe standing in these areas.

As it is no chance. The club have to do as required by the stadium rules that will be laid down by police , council , sfa etc and right now the focus is on us so its got to be a hardline

If fans with tickets for N lower would just sit down most of the issues go away. It means that area is no longer a gathering place for those, with tickets for other areas,  wishing  to sing sectarian songs, make racist comments, throw flares etc. 

The section N solution is simple and for the majority in there who are not involved in the misbeviour I don’t see why you can’t just sit down at the games like everybody else. You have bought a ticket for a seat, not a standing place. It’s not a case of AB being draconian with you, she is just asking you to follow the safety guidelines for the stadium just like 14-15,000 other Hearts fans do. 

Two things perhaps worth mentioning.

We criticise the MSM for highlighting the negatives about Hearts and yet here we are on a thread about the AGM with the main JKB discussion point being our fans' behaviour which was only one of many points discussed yesterday. 

Secondly, it would be difficult to be even-handed re the OF's sectarian etc chants as each of them only come here twice a season (league) and some only once depending on whether they can a ticket in the draw.  It would need the co-operation of the visiting clubs and the help of the Police who, I am afraid to say, seem scared to go amongst them to arrest anyone.

23 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Spending on the Tynecastle Redevelopment Programme reached £20.7m at 30 November, up from £15m a year ago.

Club resources - £6.7m

Benefactors - £6.75m

FOH - £3m

Supporter initiatives - £2m

Loan facility - £1.75m

Lease funding - £0.5m

The most interesting figure in that was the club's contribution having gone up from £4.75m at the last AGM to £6.7m now. That suggests that without the costs of the development there should be the best part of £2m to invest elsewhere (like the team).

Thanks for this.

And just to point out on the day of the FoH AGM that out of the £6.7 million club resources included around £2.5 million of FoH contributions towards working capital for 2014-16 that was banked by the club due to better than anticipated income from crowds etc. 

So effectively FOH contribution is £5.5 million. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

As I said we can get there names and addresses, sell them the tickets ourselves as we’ve done in the past, and warn them to behave or they’re barred. Do it constantly until it stops or they stop buying tickets, their choice. 

If only it was that simple. 

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

I wonder if we will ever get a breakdown of the costs but the bottom line is that when we get fan ownership the club will be handed over with this huge redevelopment programme complete and paid for, and once the spending is finished there will be a significant amount of cash to hopefully direct to the team.

That was the commitment that she re-iterated at the AGM yesterday. She is putting an infrastructure, physical and people, in place to take the club forward and will hand it over debt-free in first half on 2020. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If only it was that simple. 

It is over simplified obviously but it can be done, there’s nothing stopping us doing it is there. What a legacy that would be for Budge to top off what she’s already done.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I am in the new stand and can see what some of the£24 m and counting is being spent on. Can others in the other three stands explain what the major redevelopment there has added to their matchday experience?

I could, but I’m not going to waste my time.  If you want to see just take a walk round next Wednesday. Or any other day for that matter, the stadium is always open. 

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surprised re your North London derby comments. Wasn’t at this years game but have been at most NL derbies at Emirates over the last 10 years or so and havent seen lots of standing. Away fans, yes, but not many home fans standing. 

Was there. Whole of north end and clock end lower stood for most of the game and many in the east and west lower tiers. And the entire away support of course.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Two things perhaps worth mentioning.

We criticise the MSM for highlighting the negatives about Hearts and yet here we are on a thread about the AGM with the main JKB discussion point being our fans' behaviour which was only one of many points discussed yesterday. 

Secondly, it would be difficult to be even-handed re the OF's sectarian etc chants as each of them only come here twice a season (league) and some only once depending on whether they can a ticket in the draw.  It would need the co-operation of the visiting clubs and the help of the Police who, I am afraid to say, seem scared to go amongst them to arrest anyone.

Re. your second point, why would it be difficult ?

If action can be taken in one section of the stadium, why can't that threat be issued for any other ?

Please don't give me the " own house in order " spiel ! I'm not buying that anymore.

There isn't even an argument for saying they're only here once or twice a season, this has went on for years.

If it's money, which it is really, then, cool ! Just don't give us some old pony about it being none of our concern, which has been said on here recently !

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You are suggesting fans in the other 3 stands have your "what's in it for me" attitude FA!

I am in the Wheatfield, however I am delighted to watch my team play in a stadium to be proud of, and when fully complete will generate funds that will improve my team and therefore my "matchday experience".

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

If action can be taken in one section of the stadium, why can't that threat be issued for any other ?

Please don't give me the " own house in order " spiel ! I'm not buying that anymore.

There isn't even an argument for saying they're only here once or twice a season, this has went on for years.

If it's money, which it is really, then, cool ! Just don't give us some old pony about it being none of our concern, which has been said on here recently !

We could sell them the tickets directly, one per person and get names and adrresses. We did that a few years back, add in that any bad behaviour or sectarian singing and everyone who is there is barred. Keep doing it until it stops.

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Absolutely Boab, double standards from AB. Shameful response. 

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't you think sectarian singing, flares, coins, racist abuse etc comes under the heading "unacceptable" ?

So identify the individuals and ban them. Closing sections over one or two people being idiots is a gross over reaction. Ann herself seems to think the Motherwell incident isn't as clear cut as first thought. 

I'm not advocating for one extreme or the other, the club and Ann need to recognise the fans are the lifeblood of the club and targeting the most passionate, loyal and loudest of these fans isn't good. There absolutely are a few bad eggs among them but rather than targeting the group en mass she needs to be weeding out the culprits and making a show of banning them. But, fans also need to be more mindful of those around them, we have black fans, catholic fans, probably jewish and muslim fans too. Bigotry isn't welcome. Likewise, flares could hit and seriously injure fans and has caused damage to the pitch (which cost a **** ton to install). It goes both ways, is what I'm wanting to put across. 

I think her approach to dealing with this issue is causing more harm than good and in my view its killing the atmosphere (issue with standing, if she took the time to consult fans on this issue it would become clear there is demand for safe standing). Its too authoritarian, she should be meeting with groups of fans and to take reasonable steps rather than engaging in a stand off. 

I'd be keen to see what the club could do to educate away bigotry as those who hold those views generally aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

That was the commitment that she re-iterated at the AGM yesterday. She is putting an infrastructure, physical and people, in place to take the club forward and will hand it over debt-free in first half on 2020. 

That will be some legacy from Mrs B.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

You are suggesting fans in the other 3 stands have your "what's in it for me" attitude FA!

I am in the Wheatfield, however I am delighted to watch my team play in a stadium to be proud of, and when fully complete will generate funds that will improve my team and therefore my "matchday experience".

I am not of course suggesting any such thing. I was asking about the benefits in it for you and others in other stands.  Nor do I have a whats in it for me attitide. I like my new padded seat but otherwise the new stand does not avcually do.much to change my match day experiene but I am sure it makes the ground look much better from where you and the tv cameras are.located. And increases revenue which in the long run makes me happy.

Francis Albert

I could, but I’m not going to waste my time.  If you want to see just take a walk round next Wednesday. Or any other day for that matter, the stadium is always open. 

Thanks. Much appreciated. I did wander around earlier in the season but as I hadn"t beem anywhere other than the main for years I  wasn't sure what if anything had changed. The toilets upgraded or otherwise were easier to enter and exit than those in the new stand however.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not of course suggesting any such thing. I was asking about the benefits in it for you and others in other stands.  Nor do I have a whats in it for me attitide. I like my new padded seat but otherwise the new stand does not avcually do.much to change my match day experiene but I am sure it makes the ground look much better from where you and the tv cameras are.located. And increases revenue which in the long run makes me happy.

On that note, at this festive time, a very merry Christmas to you.

Francis Albert

As someone once said ... who are these people?

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No pillars? 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

As someone once said ... who are these people?

Butch Cassidy

The Treasurer
40 minutes ago, OTT said:

So identify the individuals and ban them. Closing sections over one or two people being idiots is a gross over reaction. Ann herself seems to think the Motherwell incident isn't as clear cut as first thought. 

I'm not advocating for one extreme or the other, the club and Ann need to recognise the fans are the lifeblood of the club and targeting the most passionate, loyal and loudest of these fans isn't good. There absolutely are a few bad eggs among them but rather than targeting the group en mass she needs to be weeding out the culprits and making a show of banning them. But, fans also need to be more mindful of those around them, we have black fans, catholic fans, probably jewish and muslim fans too. Bigotry isn't welcome. Likewise, flares could hit and seriously injure fans and has caused damage to the pitch (which cost a **** ton to install). It goes both ways, is what I'm wanting to put across. 

I think her approach to dealing with this issue is causing more harm than good and in my view its killing the atmosphere (issue with standing, if she took the time to consult fans on this issue it would become clear there is demand for safe standing). Its too authoritarian, she should be meeting with groups of fans and to take reasonable steps rather than engaging in a stand off. 

I'd be keen to see what the club could do to educate away bigotry as those who hold those views generally aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

I more or less agree with a lot of what you are saying.

I get the feeling by making the threat of closure AB is hoping that the sections responsible will be self policing and help the club weed out those whose over step the mark, because as you rightly say the majority of those fans are amongst the most passionate and loyal in the club.

I disagree that she is killing the atmosphere. It's still easy to back the team/create an atmosphere without behaving like an arse.

joondalupjambo

Are Section N lower not pawns in a bigger game?  Ban that section and then challenge the OF to do the same with their away fans who churn out their nonsense?

If that was the game play then I could see the point but if Hearts ban our fans and do nothing in relation the OF then they may have scored the biggest own goal this ground has ever seen.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I heard it was Petrie and it was actually Dempster that smacked Zlamal

6 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Are Section N lower not pawns in a bigger game?  Ban that section and then challenge the OF to do the same with their away fans who churn out their nonsense?

If that was the game play then I could see the point but if Hearts ban our fans and do nothing in relation the OF then they may have scored the biggest own goal this ground has ever seen.

Its very difficult for police to do much as theres a lot of annonymity in amongst a big crowd who dont want to cooperate with police they can do their best to track sear numbers and pass that info on to clubs to deal with but they have to be ? sure of who carried out an act to deal with it

From my mate who is arranges policing for games for one of the regions within Police Scotland....

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Once FoH have the shares I do not believe there is any chance of this young coach succession thing continuing.

Interested to know why you say this. The FoH governance arrangements which will be voted through almost unanimously tonight and the related "Working Together" agreement between FoH and the Club make it clear that FoH will have no direct (or indeed other than representation and influence as a minority on the club board, indirect)  control over the footballing side of the business. And indeed they have shown to date no interest in doing so or even promoting a way forward or vision for the football club. I see no reason to suppose the Ann/Craig model and even personnel would be overthrown any time soon.

The model leaves the club board to run the football side  and indeed the whole business as it sees fit. The role of the membership club that is FOH is to provide funds to the club board with no real say in how those funds are spent.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I more or less agree with a lot of what you are saying.

I get the feeling by making the threat of closure AB is hoping that the sections responsible will be self policing and help the club weed out those whose over step the mark, because as you rightly say the majority of those fans are amongst the most passionate and loyal in the club.

I disagree that she is killing the atmosphere. It's still easy to back the team/create an atmosphere without behaving like an arse.

If she thinks that, then she’s really out of touch! It’s never happening, said it early on this thread, she needs to open a dialogue with the N season ticket holders. Make it very clear what incidents have been recorded and why she is driving at stamping out the behaviour. These guys deserve that they are Hearts fans they pay their money and support the team like the rest of us. If there was ******s in my section in wheat field and she decided to shut it I’d expect at least that from her. If like has been claimed they have no brains and ignore either the meeting, her or are disrespectful in the meeting then they’ve had their chips it’s over! To tar everyone in there as a bigot and racist etc is wrong and those doing it should wind their necks in a bit.

32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

the new stand does not avcually do.much to change my match day experiene.

An under cover area to queue/wait outside, modern turnstiles that do not require force to get them to turn, stairs that can hold more than two fans abreast, a large internal concourse area to meet people/wait out of the cold, increased number of concession serving points, increased catering offering, increased number of toilets, modern toilet facilities, unrestricted views of the pitch, padded seats, improved sound system, better sightlines and an increased capacity...but apart from that it hasn’t changed much.

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its very difficult for police to do much as theres a lot of annonymity in amongst a big crowd who dont want to cooperate with police they can do their best to track sear numbers and pass that info on to clubs to deal with but they have to be ? sure of who carried out an act to deal with it

From my mate who is arranges policing for games for one of the regions within Police Scotland....

Yeah I agree but the same principals must surely apply when looking at Section N Lower.  Hearts could take a blanket view and ban more than necessary and close the section.  So why cannot the OF clubs take the same view and isolate one section in the away end, we all know that cannot be hard as the majority of the away fans are singing the bile they do, do that and ban a group of them.  That way all supporters know that the clubs are serious.  I bet there would be a change then.  In a war there are a lot of innocent victims and this whole issue is turning into a war of sorts, a war of attrition.

The problem is we bottle it all the time.  We will not target fans because they bring in cash, we will not dock points because it devalues the competition and so on.  As a result we go round and round and round and end up doing nothing of substance.

8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

An under cover area to queue/wait outside, modern turnstiles that do not require force to get them to turn, stairs that can hold more than two fans abreast, a large internal concourse area to meet people/wait out of the cold, increased number of concession serving points, increased catering offering, increased number of toilets, modern toilet facilities, unrestricted views of the pitch, padded seats, improved sound system, better sightlines and an increased capacity...but apart from that it hasn’t changed much.

No screens in the concourse and no slipper racks.

Disgrace IMO.

Footballfirst
25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Interested to know why you say this. The FoH governance arrangements which will be voted through almost unanimously tonight and the related "Working Together" agreement between FoH and the Club make it clear that FoH will have no direct (or indeed other than representation and influence as a minority on the club board, indirect)  control over the footballing side of the business. And indeed they have shown to date no interest in doing so or even promoting a way forward or vision for the football club. I see no reason to suppose the Ann/Craig model and even personnel would be overthrown any time soon.

The model leaves the club board to run the football side  and indeed the whole business as it sees fit. The role of the membership club that is FOH is to provide funds to the club board with no real say in how those funds are spent.

The current Articles of Association  (in Section 2 - Objects) do provide some guidance on how funds should be spent, but they will be have to be ditched if the proposals are voted through.

(a) to promote the success, financial security and operational stability of the Club, and for that purpose to provide (whether directly or indirectly through Bidco and/or a subidiary) funding of every description for the Club, including loans and advances, and in particular funding for infrastructure projects to generate additional income or increase operational  efficiency, and generally to provide assistance to the Club and support its activities;

(b) to acquire and hold, either directly or through a subsidiary, all or any of the shares and securities of HoM plc or any other company owning or controlling the Club, and, for that purpose, to carry into effect (with or without modification) the repayment and funding support agreement made between Bidco (1874) Limited and the Company and dated 9 May 2014;

If (a) was retained then funding for infrastructure projects should be prioritised over funding for any other purpose.

(b) provides for the acquisition of shares and the intention to fulfil the terms of the Bidco agreement. As soon as the shares are transferred, then that agreement ceases to have any effect.

I'm not sure that we have had any indication on the use of funds, other than some loose indication that funds will be used at the discretion of the club. FOH can ask that they be spent for a particular purpose, but the club retains the final decision. I think that there is a commitment that the club will tell FOH, after the event, how their funds were used.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Was there. Whole of north end and clock end lower stood for most of the game and many in the east and west lower tiers. And the entire away support of course.

That’s quite change then. I was there for Everton game couple of months ago and very few home fans standing.